(2010/05) May 2010 BTB

jigglez

Congrats to you Guan Ying.

26k for 5rm sounds good..anyway can u share with me which furniture shop do u buy form in IFC. I heard some bad stories about some of the shops there, not sure if its true tho.

anyway gals, ur are so fast!! haha buying wedding shoes already. hmm..I am going to my hotel's wedding fair this sat to check out the actual look of the themes hehe...i will try to decide my colour theme before PS.

dazel

melb, about the shoes, tat's wat i been thinking too as I intend to use my worn white heels + some DIY on it. Since its worn and will be comfy. New shoes first time wear will be quite painful.

yingying945

Thks Jean.

I bought my dinning table at the shop on the right hand side of the main entrance. The furniture there are not cheap in fact, but it was christmas period when I bought it, so there was promotion. I bought it @$950 (one table with 6 chairs).Service quite ok, but quality of the chairs not so good.

My bed frame was bought on level 2 i think, the shop is selling european style furniture, should be easy to find(will let u know the unit # if i can find the invoice). both sevice and quality r ok..i bought my bed frame @ S650 (king size white color wooden bed frame)

I have taken the photos of my home, but sizes r too big to upload here, i can email u if u want, or u can add me in facebook...

melb

thks ladies for the info on the shoes.. I probably go shoe hunting nxt mth or Nov when my wedding gown is ready..

another thing, will u be wearing the same for the whole day? or do we need to get other shoes to match our other gowns?

missyling

melb: it depends on your own. You can have as many as you want if you want to match your gowns. But i think i will have extra pair to standby just in case... *touchwood* anything happen to the shoes i am wearing on...

jigglez

Thanks Guan Ying. Can you share your photos with me at [email protected]? Anyway, I doing platform so not buying bed frame..
happy.gif

Shoes wise: think we should get one day and one evening pair right? Should not be easy to match different feel of gowns with same shoes?

Anyway, girls...I got a friend in the liquor line. If you are interested to get wine for your wedding, pm me.

missyling

Jean, unless your gown is those that can see your shoes.. if not, hidden inside.. no one can see anythings... 1 of my gf.. she was so tired that she changed to a slipper where no one noticed until she show us what she did...

mikanmikan

Hihi, I'm a May BTB too. Just wondering what are some of the things I shd start getting ready for? ;p So far, I've only booked my banquet venue, bridal boutique. My hb and I seem to be rather free, so much so that I'm wondering if this shd be the case. ;p

jigglez

I see..Ling..thats true huh...maybe i should choose one thats long enough, then I can wear slippers too!! haha..

Welcome mika, like what Ling says, we are all very free haha...but u can start booking ur AD PG, maybe source for your bridesmaid dresses or other small details.
happy.gif

missyling

jean... hahaha am going standby a flat as well.. just in case my feet get too tired.. even if people can see.. its only the toe part they be seeing.. so get a nicer part of flat will help.

hmeiyu23

Hi BTB

Nice meeting all of you.

ROM: 22 Mar 2009
Hotel: Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel
AD: 23 May 2010
Hotel: The Regent Hotel
Bridal: SWC

missyling

Our May brides to be:

1:
Lydia

15:
ntus about u
Yayun
GuanYing

22:
Amanda
Star
faylene liang

23:
Jing Yuh
Wei23
Vivien Fu
Jean
Iris
PSY
May

29:
Ling
Esta
Melb
soul slayer
christie
Valeria
gaw
Jadey
esmirada

christinechoy

Hi Everyone,

I'm a May BTB too
happy.gif
my date is on the 15/5/2010.
happy.gif

Not looking at bridal studio, more to ala carte
happy.gif
enjoying the process
happy.gif

I'm having my wedding solemnisation and dinner on the same day at MEGU Event hall at Singapore Flyer
happy.gif

missyling

Our May brides to be:

1:
Lydia

15:
ntus about u
Yayun
GuanYing
Christine Choy

22:
Amanda
Star
faylene liang

23:
Jing Yuh
Wei23
Vivien Fu
Jean
Iris
PSY
May

29:
Ling
Esta
Melb
soul slayer
christie
Valeria
gaw
Jadey
esmirada

christinechoy

Hi there,

Anyone of you did the MTM wedding gown? i was thinking of few different options.

1) get MTM at local tailor shop.
2) get online bridal gown, MTM.

Not sure if it's cheaper getting the online bridal gown...

Thoughts anyone?
happy.gif

Cheers,
Christy

girlywurly

Hi ladies or gents (if any), any advice on actual day re:pg & vg services
happy.gif
or cartoon animation if you know of any based on the current trend?
happy.gif

stellareis

Hey Gigi, it really depends on what you're looking at and your budget. For specialized field, you may consider Lighthouse for VG and RaymondPhang for PG, for one-stop service with VG+PG+Cartoon Coffee n Tea Dreamworks.

Most importantly, visit them and get a good feel from their works and services! ;)

sotongada

Wahahha...i missed out so many things ar...
sorry was tight up with work and sick...

I also bought my furniture at IFC..I bought from Brighton...its on the highest level..they gave us a big discount...
- study table set
- shoerack
Total cost me abt $700++....

U can take a look at my blog...
http://altonada.blogspot.com

Check with u ladies... Any idea if the wedding car driver hor, suppose to send u home after the wedding dinner ma??I'm real sotong that my driver told me that he dun do that....arrgggghhhhhh

gigi: if u r looking for a PG, i can intro u..u dun accept pm..so maybe u pm me ur email add or u visit my blog, there's a PG link on the home page... cheers!

missyling

not too sure, i haven't check mine. But if they don't den prehaps get a maxi cab.. cost $40 per trip. That night sure alots of stuffs to bring home.

missyling

asked some friends, they said if from BS. . they won't send us back..the last trip they will made is fetching our 1 side of the parent to the hotel/resturant then off already.

sotongada

warh like that one ar...then ended up hor, all guest have drivers and only poor bride and brideroom got to take cab home ar....eeeeeee.....

missyling

Yayun: hahaha can ask ur family to help... or closer friends

Jean: For those who hold in rest or didn't check in hotel for that day mah

sotongada

Jean, i didnt book hotel as I am taking CSC bukit batok restuarant..thats why lor...have to go home...

Ling, will have to source a way..still got time to think think..hahhaa

hyacinth96

hi all,

nice to meet u all!

I am a May BTB too. my date is on the 22/5/2010.

I have booked my banquet and bridal shop.. but nt yet to look out for house.. will start looking in nov.. will it be too late?

missyling

Yayun, hahaha u r so funny... i will be going back home after the dinner as well. Don't think will book a hotel nearby cause whole day won't be in there, don't think will be able to get any rest. Bery lugi to just book it to put things. Hahaha

Hi Hyacinth welcome to may brides
happy.gif

Actually it depends on how long you need to confirm when the owner can give you the key, how long HDB will take to process the paperworks etc and the reno contractor will take to design your house etc ... its always better to start ASAP as you can cause cannot confirm you will get or like the house.

Alamak.. y i always sound so lor soh... *age is catching up*

hyacinth96

Ling,

thanks for the advice. haha u r nt lor soh la..

next week i am going to select my rom dress.. so excited.. but i am still looking for wedding shoes.. any recommendation?

missyling

hyacinth: actually wedding shoes are everywhere, it just depends on your liking and how much you are willing to pay. Prehaps look around taka if you are willing to spend. If not, its always the normal brand like charles & keith, pretty fit, Anna Nucci etc

sotongada

Jean: lor soh?? no la..since ok leh..i also lor soh at times..hahha...woman's character...BTW, Which restaurant did u book??

Hyacinth: Welcome to join us..R u looking for resale or new flat??Pricing quite steep now right??If resale, better start now cos u need to arrange time to view flat..then 1st and 2nd appt w hdb...For me, I started looking last year nov and i got mine in feb (after all required procedures cos my ex-owner immgrating)...

soul_slayer

Wow...been ages since I last logged on! hee...so how's the wedding prep ladies?

I have booked my bridal studio...decided to go with Dawn's Bridal @ JB...PS on 30th Nov...and just bought a pair of heels from Vivie...OG having 20% sale btw...

Now looking for a gd JP as I'll be having my solemnization on same day as well...any gd ones to recommend?
happy.gif

sotongada

Ling, Let's Sotong together...anyone else wana join us??hahhahaa..

Soul_slayer:
Wow..I am also planning to have my PS at JB and will be going this weekend leh..my 1st choice is Graceful Bridal and 2nd is SG Bridal...have to go and compare a bit....
but also thinking of pre-PS at bali..but very costly...
I cant remember who is my JP le..hahah..i very boh sim..i noe..hahahaaa

soul_slayer

Yayun > U gg to City Square or further in? My package cost abt S$2300...30 poses...I took the European theme...a bit lazy to browse around...like so many info cramming into my mind sometimes...haha...

missyling

Yayun: hahaha when too many sotongs get together.. we might become calamaris later...

soul: you might want to ask MR phang.. my cousin and i had him as our solem.
His contact is 97503633

hyacinth96

thanks thanks..

really have to start looking for flats already.. i m looking for resale flat near my parents house.. nw the prices are still very high.. tough time..

sotongada

Hyacinth:
ya prices for resale is very very high...COV asking abt 50-60k leh...lucky I bought mine earlier...@ clementi 4rm high lvl at $0 COV..and some more walking distance to mrt...hehe shd consider heng ar and 'tan dio le'..

Ling:
this time i get the right person baz..hehe Calamaris nice ma..so no worries..and of cos we are 100%, definitely nice too..

Soul Slayer:
I'm not looking at so many poses leh..hehe..cos i am not a very photogenic person lor..BTW, do we need to pay tax when we bring the albums/gown back to sg??Shd be Free from tax right?

soul_slayer

Ling > Thanks! I will jot that contact down..
happy.gif

now I'm looking ard for gd mattress...haha...heard tt Serta mattress not bad..might drop by IMM to take a look....

soul_slayer

Yayun > I have yet to bring the album back to SG leh...really no idea abt tax but I'm sure if there is, the sales person would have told me...maybe when I go there again for the gown selection, I will ask them and let u know...

Actually I think 30 poses quite little le...cos you still need to fill the pages of an entire album mah...so 30 poses is prob the min le...

soul_slayer

Yayun> oooh I just read abt ur Clementi flat..hehe...cos after wedding, I will also be moving in to my husband's house in Clementi..but his flat is nearer to West Coast Plaza..not tt near to the station like yours...heh...

amanda1982

morning everyone,

nice to know you all.

could i join in? i am also a May 2010 bride. wedding date on 22/05/2010. Just ROM on 22/09/09

sotongada

Soul Slayer:
welcome to join us at west area...im already living at my new place le...heheh..west coast plaza is not near to station..but many yummy food...i love the white chicken rice and fried oyster there...hehehe...
As for album, if really min is 30 poses, then i might drop the idea of hving the album..just get the big piece one and a few for photo frames lor..the main is still the gown..im going in this weekend..BTW, i dun think the sales person will noe cos taxes matter is at the custom ma..

Amanda:
WELCOME TO OUR MAY's BTB group....Of cos u can join in...
happy.gif