(2010/04) April 2010 BTB

nelea

Any April 2010 BTBs out there?
happy.gif

valeriec

Here 1!
Sigh~~ Not sure of what must be done in advance, what can be done later on...
You got any advice to share?

tegacki

ValerieC : Smiles.. dun sigh.. u shld look forward and start things one by one.. start looking at bridal books.. see what type of gowns u like.. wat is the trend.. wat kind of photography u like and so on.. it took me more than a yr to prepare my wedding.. so u better start nw.. ;p

Just nice.. =)

lydiachs

Hi Cassafina, I have booked my banquet with Holiday Inn Parkview. Have not do any preparation now.

As for my wedding package, I have signed up with SB. Photo shooting will be schedule in December.

How about yours?

lydiachs

Sound great! How much for engage free lance photograher on photo shooting?

Any recommended for photographer on ROM ceremony?

cassafina

hi lydia
i engaged sherman , who used to be from ave 8
now working on his own.

take alook at his webbie ..
http://www.rebirthphotography.com/

i like his style ..
as for make up artist .. got chris tan who was featured in the style wedding ..one of the issue.
happy.gif

me everything .. mix and match ..

lydiachs

Hi Cassafina, thanks for the info.
I have engage photographer Allan Dai for my AD, but still consider if I need one for my ROM which is on Oct this year.

Happy Soda, congratulation!

happysoda

Thks Lydia
happy.gif

casaffina and Lydia, mind to share how much does the photography service cost ye?

Btw, I hv just confirmed the venue for my banquet next yr this afternoon. So happy that I have one less thing to fret about...
happy.gif

lydiachs

Happy Soda, where will you have your banquet?
I am engage photographer on my AD at $750.

You can search on the website given by Casaffina, the photos is awesome. But too bad he has been engaged by other couple.

cassafina

hi ladies ,

i just realised that 10 april falls within the Qing ming festival .. ( 05 arpil 2010 - 20 apirl 2010)

I had changed my ad to jan instead..

happysoda

Hi Lydia, I will be holding my banquet at Mandarin Oriental on the 16th of April
happy.gif
How bout ye?

Cassafina, I was told that Qing ming ends on the 15th, exactly a day before my AD.

Our hotel wedding coordinator told us that the actual day of Qing ming always falls on either the 4th or the 5th day of April each yr..and to calculate the period of the festival, the start date will be 10 days before the actual day and end date will be 10 days after the actual day. This gives ye the exact start and end date. If that's really the case, then I assume 05/04 should be the actual day and thus the end date should be 15/04...tat explains why he told us the festival ends on the 15/04.

cassafina

hi soda..

i checked online .. it says 05 apwil till 20

Well.. whichever .. my date falls right smake in the the middle..
i didnt know bout all this dates but the old pple mind .. therefore have to change .. alot of things to change ..
sad.gif

lydiachs

Hi cassafina,

Well, ur wedding has been bring forward early. Much have lot of preparation to be done. Is the banquet allow u to do so?

If i did not remember wrongly, this year have 2 May in chinese calendar, so it defintely will delay the Month for next year. And according to my Master 3 Apr 2010 (my AD) is "Guan Xin" birthday, so i guess ching ming shouldnt fall on that month? Not too sure about it.

cassafina

Yah man .. alot of preparations to be done ..

Lucky thing i was kiasu .. and had alot of things scheduled early.. therefore now bring forward the AD isnt that bad..

photoshoot will be in july .. banquet allowed me to bring forward ..thank God MUA and photographer is free on the new date..

Phew.. actually we are christians .. so not very mindful of the dates .. But u know old pple lah .. they make noise .. therfore due to respect .. we agreed to change the date ..

lydiachs

Ya, better please the old people for your future better life :p

So on which date of January? Haha, just nice before the chinese new year. So u can give ang pao. hehe

cassafina

brought to 2 jan ..

nah .. found out that first year no need give ang poh .. hahaha.. then i can save a bit of money .. hee hee

eevee

Am letting go my package deposit due to increase in my guest list.

Date: 16/01/2010 (Sat) or any avail dates in 2010
Hotel: Orchard Parade Hotel

I have paid a deposit of $2140 hence am just transferring the deposit. Package details can still be negotiated with the sales person - Cornelius (either the ballroom or the restaurant, perks, etc).

http://www.tunglok.com/chinois/wedding.html

Located in Orchard Road, the venue is ideal if you are looking at between 20-30 tables, with food served from Tung Lok.

I'm willing to give a discount for the deposit paid, which would in turn be a cash rebate for you.

please email me for details and date required if anyone is interested.
email: [email protected]

Check out photos! http://eevee.multiply.com/photos/album/2

agone

hi all, am an April 2010 bride too! pretty excited now as well. but issues with the chinese dinner = headache for the both of us..sigh..

how are preparations for everyone coming along?

amyamyamy

Hi all, I think / guess should be an April 2010 BTB and have not done anything now. :p

Am really looking forward to go on diet.

sotongada

me too apr bride..also need to lose weight..any tips tips...
i hvnt book for banquet but looking at Boon Lay Raja Restuarant....
have anyone tot of going JB for photo shooting??

BTW, when is qing ming ar??

misskermit03

hi everyone, my "dowry date" is on 15th April and my wedding sate is on 19th April. Anyone know when exactly is qingming???? *worried*

Happysoda, I am thinking of madarin oriental too! Very nice hor? Which theme u going for?
happy.gif

nicky_liu

Hi everyone! I haven't started anything yet and I need help pleeeease.... Any advise on where to get good quality wedding gown which is reasonably priced?

sotongada

I had changed my actual day to May'10 le..15.05.2010...cos april is the mth of qing ming...so we changed..lucky wedding dinner restuarant got slot for us....

FYI, qing ming falls from 05/04/2010 - 05/05/2010...

gingoh

I'm also a 3rd April BTB!
happy.gif

haven't looked at gowns and photography yet...parents have been nagging non-stop for me to start moving...

happyenough

Welcome Gin! Where is your AD dinner going to be held? Many many hotels booked for that night. Didnt know it was a good date! :)

alkz2009

Hi everyone,

Any good recommendation for AD photographer and MUA?

I will he holding my ROM and wedding dinner on 17 april'10 at Sichuan dou hua

Many things to prepare....

quido

The exact Ching Ming date will fall on 2nd month and 21 days of the lunar calender, which will be 5th of April. According to my mum, ching ming praying is done is the whole of that particular monnth.

In next year's case, ppl can start praying in fact 1st day of the 2nd month in lunar calender which is 16 Mar.

U do see ppl go praying much earlier than actual day.

gingoh

Hi all, sorry I don't log on often..
my banquet is at Intercon...i have not booked my bridal, PG and VG..essentially, every other thing other than hotel is not confirmed....

HTB leaves everything to me...pros and cons...
pros: i can choose the things i like and he won't oppose...he said he'll come in when there is a need to make payments...

cons: it seems like he doesnt really wan to have the wedding...not too concerned abt whats goin on..to him, its just a v troublesome affair..
sad.gif

happyenough

Hi Gin, sorry to hear that. Look on the bright side - you get to make decisions.

But I know what you mean - it is a celebration for two of you and it would be good if HTB is involved all the way.

May you could show him photos and ask him his opinions in choosing the choosing bridal package etc?

shanghaitang

Hi BTB/HTB, there will be a wedding workshop this sat 24 oct 2009 at holiday inn parkview...
happy.gif
heard the participating vendors are sattine bridal house and coffee n tea dreamworks...powerhouses + newly reno ballrom!