(2010/03) Mar 2010 BTB

minttychoco

Hi guys.. i'm a 20 March 2010 bride.. can anyone tell me what should be done by now? Latest to date: Taken PS and chose my photos. thanks
happy.gif

minttychoco

Hi shopaholic bride! same date, same progress. so we are on the same page.. keke.

Thomas: PG/VG also settled. Next is wedding invites. When should i be sending out RSVP invites ah? too early now right?

deerixp

minttychoco/shopaholic bride: yeah mi too.. for my 1st PS with MBR, I have choosen photos and waiting to see layout on 27 Dec.

For wedding inserts, any recommendations? When will u be printing?

minttychoco

deerixp: my BS say next year then ready...slow man...

i have no idea on the printing yet.. haven gone to this "stage" yet ..

thomas: need to print so early one? not wait till rsvp guest then print ah?

i think have to print the inserts first, then wait till rsvp already then send the invites out.

i haven't had food tasting, so i think will hv to wait till then to choose my invitation.

minttychoco

oh ya, have you guys done with your solemnisation? i'm doing it on my AD so i'm looking for JP now. ANy JP can intro me? Preferably bilingual in English / Mandarin. Thanks

thommy

mint: actually not early liao, dun forget after printing, u still need to tie the inserts and also to write all the names of ur guest down. and also, printers may be busy clearing all their jobs before CNY so that they can go for a long break. By the time RSVP guests then print will be too late liao.

I based on 70%...good to print a bit more in case u write wrongly and wasted an insert etc. Food tasting generally ard 1 or 2mths before ur AD, depends on hotel also. Did ur hotel tell u when u shld go? think will arrange for mine next mth cos CNY period will be very busy, no time to go.

thommy

mint: LOL

jiemei's dresses can go BKK there to buy, heard very cheap. some gals from 2010 thread went there to buy also

qnq

hi guys,

New to this thread. I'm a March 2010 btb too. just wanna seek out some advice.

1) when is the right time to go n choose invitation card? And how many should we get? Hotel paying for 70% and we cant confirm no.of guests now. So how many cards is the right number to print? Can we just print 70% (paid by hotel) then go back another time to print if not sufficient?

But ho..without knowing the exact no.of guest how we know how many is 70%? I've booked 25tables but what if AD it exceeded and we need to more tables so the 70% of more tables is more card right?

LOL...so complicated...can anyone understand me?

hi QnQ, for me, i recently got in touch with my hotel, and they have given me 245 cards for 35 tables. for me, we will be printing on the inserts instead of on the cards. in that case, we will just print more inserts in case we write wrongly.

as for adding tables later on, i'm sure the hotel will be able to increase the cards for you.

pangel

QnQ> i understand u la...coz i also same same here. SO i intend to print 80% of my current guest list juz in case. But scared later waste money if not needed. But then also better than not enuff cards then go and reprint again rite? i duno...heh

Thomas, wat u tink? Hmm...u not goin to jb liao izzit? Booy goin this wk or nxt wk i tink. =)

minttychoco

itz cheap to buy at BKK la.. but with the money spent for air tixs and hotels can buy nicer dresses in SG liaoz...

Hi QnQ.. i understand u... i also same prob...

thommy

qnq: hi welcome! when's ur AD? five of us here all share the same AD LOL

dun worry, I can understand what u are saying...

for me I'm choosing mine this mth for my AD in march. its better for u to confirm how many guests u have so that u can base on a more accurate figure. later if u increase again u have to go back and collect the extra cards again, more hassle. dun forget, if u print first and then later find that its not enuff and wanna go back and print, it will be costly cos there is a minimum amt to print. usually they wun print for u if its a few pcs only or charge u skyhigh for that. if u are printing inserts like what shopaholic said, its safer to print a bit more to cater for writing errors/stains etc.

val: I'm going I'm going...just that I haven't even done up my guest list yet, how to go with booy? I have finally decided on Peter liao so can start on my guest list now hee. u wanna go in with me when I'm done? since our AD on the same day lol

thommy

shop: yup yup let's keep it that way haha

mine's 14th, four others here in this thread share the same AD with me.

qnq

Hi all,

Thanks for the info. Will talk to the hotel coordinator about it then. Shall be printing my inserts in TnT too.But not so soon since i Heard they can get it done in 1week. And also need our card dimension first before they can print.

My AD is 27March
happy.gif

darrelandgeri

darrel reporting in !

yup. I read this thread from time to time. Now clearing leave so doing whatever wedding preps we can.

I'm doing my wedding card inserts as Hi-Tech. Its $80 for first 200 pieces, and 20cents/subsequent piece. Just using the standard design, nothing fancy. Now waiting for the artwork. The staff there seemed to know what they are doing, and they are recommended by the hotel, so i guess i can live with it.

fenfen

minttychoco: hi just to share with u my JP. his name is Pastor Wong Poh San. Find him not bad.. can try google for his contact.. if nt just PM me..

ctang

Hello,
I have 8 bottles of duty paid Martell VSOP from my recent event.
Irregardless of buying 1 or 8 bottles from me, I will let go at a rock bottom price of $65, non-negotiable....

Please email me at [email protected] to book them now!

thommy

shop: a lot of spore couples go there to print also, so quality shld be ok I guess. ard 1 week only for printing...price list I dun have sorry, but based on what I gathered shld be abt half of SG price