20092009 & 21092009 BTB?

glamourous2309

Hi All,

I'm sure its the bridal industry/ trend to increase yearly, or at least remain "constant".
The price of bridal package will not increase just because of 20092009. Bridal package are different from Hotel Banquet/ Venues, where dates will affect their business profits and requirements for ballrooms. Unless we are talking about those unscrupulous vendors who took chance of such dates?

I personally sign on with a designer bridal.
They dont function that way basically.
I suggest all BTB/ GTB visit at least 5-8 bridals before deciding on their dream bridal.
I personally have visited designer bridals from Tan Yoong, Ted Wu, Amanda Lee, Renne L, Kai, Silhouette, Blush Blush, Federrick Lee and The Wedding Present before shortlisting.

Dun make a haste decision. There are many factors to consider too like chemistry with designers, the design of gowns and your feel of it, whether it is "THE GOWN".

glamourous2309

Hi ALL 20th & 21st Sept 2009 BTB,

Till date the Confirmed list are as follows:
Glamourous2309 - 20th Sept & 21st Sept 2009
Meow (Kitty_Princess) - 20th Sept 2009
Antz (blurbabylsp) - 20th Sept 2009
Dianna Ng - 20th Sept 2009
Desmond Tay - 20th Sept 2009
Rain Zhou - 21st Sept 2009

Im sure this list will get expansive in time to come! Glad that there are many sharing this same date as me too! =)

ourdestiny

Hi all,

Sorry I made a mistake in saying that 2002009 will be expensive too. What I am trying to share is package for 2009 may be more exp than 2008. Is may be. Either that or they remove some thing from the package compared to 2008. Cos the rental for BS may increase and which has to push them to revise the BS package a bit.

The package for those designer bridals as what Glamourous mentioned above may be on a high end side.

What I am trying to post here is for those couple who have a budget, can try MBR cos the package are not only reasonable, the service and professional is definitely there as well.

Yap, I agree there is no haste to decide on a BS now. But why not start to source around now and decide if you already have "found the one" so that you can also communicate more with the BS about the gown that you want, design of photos work etc.

Personally, I feel the right BS should be a venue whereby the people has passion for your wedding preparation beside just earning your money for your wedding, so that each time your visit the BS, you just enjoy staying there for their wedding preparation surrounded by the team who are also equally excited for your wedding to assist you with their professional.

I am glad I have found mine!!!

Glamourous, fyi, I am also 20 Sept 2009 as well as what I have mentioned in my earlier post.

glamourous2309

Hi Destiny,

I do share the same sentiments with you that Bridal do revise their BS Package... From my understanding from some Bridal shops, thats a yearly affair (usually after CNY), but of course, it varies across various Bridals too.

What I'm suggesting is for each individual to visit at least 5-8 Bridal before committing, I'm definitely not upselling any of the designer Bridals I've been to, but merely sharing my experiences. Of course, different couples would have different budget and expectations too.
Coincidentally, I know that Meow (Kitty_Princess) share the same designer as me too!

Another key difference is also designer bridal sell according to what you need, and take out what you don't. Basically its good for fussy BTB like myself as I like to select the vendors I work with be it Pre PG, AD PG, AD VG.. etc.

Design of gowns dont come in till about end of year or at least 5 months before wedding as trends tends to change. And as U know, gals being gals, our decisions and style might change or differ sometimes upon seein the latest trend/ fashion!

Although I've signed up with one of the designer bridal, I wouldnt start designing the gowns till 5 months before when I need the gowns for my Pre shoots.

Welcome to join us, Destiny!
So where's your confirmed venue?

glamourous2309

Hi ALL 20th & 21st Sept BTB/ GTB,

Meow (Kitty_Princess) - 20th Sept 2009,
Venue: Oriental Hotel
Antz (blurbabylsp) - 20th Sept 2009,
Venue: Grand Plaza Park
Dianna Ng - 20th Sept 2009,
Venue: OCC (Orchid Country Club)
Desmond Tay - 20th Sept 2009,
Venue: Marina Mandarin Hotel
Destiny (ourdestiny) - 20th Sept 2009,
Venue: Club Chinio @Orchard Parade Hotel
Rain Zhou - 21st Sept 2009, Venue: Oriental Hotel

Fingers crossed!

ourdestiny

Hi Glam,
I just went to Shangri-La 1 week ago.
My friends had the grandest ballroom there i think. Last Dec, I attended one at Shangri as well but a different ballroom. However, both are so nice.

I can rem this hotel bery well cos I like the wedding flavour so much ie the globe photoframe..
So nice. Did you chose that one as your wedding flavour as well?

Guess both of us have finishong scouting for our BS.

glamourous2309

Hi Destiny,

There are basically 2 Ballrooms, Island and Tower.
Island Ballroom will be able to cater more guests, up to 100 tables I think.
Mine will be at Island Ballroom.

Globe Photoframe? R u refering to something that look like a dome, can also act as paperweight, yet insert your photo in as photoframe?
I havent choose the wedding flavour or watso as yet. Way too early! They may also change their flavours, invitation cards... etc from time to time to meet markets' requirements.

ourdestiny

Hi Glam,

Yap, it would be that ballroom. Wow...so you be holding your wedding in the grandest ballroom there.

Yes, I think that is what I am referring to. Very nice upon sloting the photo inside the globe.

I agree it is too early to look at the wedding flavour cos it is still 1 year+ away.

darkrain80

hi, will be getting married next year, had couple of months to discuss lots of things but I've no idea how I'd decide on the theme that I want, any suggestions?

h2hm2m

Hi all,
Kath here. I met Glamourous in the Sep09 BTB thread and was intro to this. Great meeting all of ur. My FH n I will be holding our solemnisation n dinner on 20092009 as well. Venue is Amara Sanctuary at Sentosa and Bridal is Infiniti. Have yet to bk PG n VG. We din look at any tongshu and juz chose this date cos we tot the numbers look nice
happy.gif
Initialy, we tot its a Sunday n next day is working day so not so ideal. But after reading ur entries, then i realise its a PH!! It's great! Now we hv to order more barrels of beer n bottles of wine liao. But it's all gd,isn't it?

glamourous2309

Hi Kath Lye, Welcome to join us here!
I've added you to our exisiting list of 20092009 & 21092009 BTB.

Kath Lye - 20th September 2009,
Venue: Amara Sanctuary @Sentosa

liangmin

Hi pple.. i can see that all of you are sept brides!!

I am 1st march 09 btb... but looking thru some website they din mentioned is 1st mar 09 a auspicious date to get marry...

cos our date was decided by my In law... i think they can go and ask shifu and check the book..

shangil

Hi All,
Am Shangil. Am new to this forum. Glad to be part of it. AD 20092009. Was looking at Club Chinio @ Orchard Parade. Realised it's taken..Any suggestions?

pinkie_nah

Hi ... i am also 2009/2009 btb... have already booked with Swissotel the Raffles.. and also bridal studio ... how about the rest ?

Do u all have worries that ppl will go for holiday cos public holiday hence guest list will be severly affected ?

glamourous2309

Hi Nahinbliss,

Welcome to join us here! I've added you to our expanding list of 20092009 & 21092009 BTB:

Nahinbliss (pinkie_nah) - 20th Sept 2009,
Venue: Swissotel The Raffles

glamourous2309

Nahinbliss, who's your bridal studio btw?

As for your queries above, I guess really depends on your guest profile list and who U invite. Mine will basically just be close frens and relatives.
It will be long weekend break though... but I guess no point anticipating something that's too far-fetched. There are many similar festive holiday breaks, with long weekend too in 2009. Perhaps it may affect just a small percentage of your guestlist, but I guess not majority.

h2hm2m

Hi Nahinbliss
My sentiments r similar to that of Glamour's. Cos if ur guests r really sincere abt sharing e occasion with you, they'll be keeping dat day free for ur big day. Esp ur relatives n close frens..who r the ones whom u really wan to be present at ur wedding. Juz my 2cents..

piggy_cheng

Hi all! Glad to join you guys here, thanks to Glamourous who invited me here! My AD is on 20092009 too and probably holding our luncheon at Hotel Intercontinental. Still looking out for BS though, going down to MBR since there are so many good reviews abt it! *excited*

piggy_cheng

Hi Glamourous,

Thanks... Actually my HTB's mother called Intercon. The lady said she would book that date for us. My HTB's brother also had his wedding there last year.. Wondering if i could ask for extra perks..

glamourous2309

Hi Andrea,

No harm trying though since your HTB's brother just had their wedding there last year. =)

Venue: Swissotel The Raffles
Andrea (piggy_cheng) - 20th Sept 2009,
Venue: Hotel Intercontinental

ju_ed

Hi all!

Am glad I found this thread, cos I did not know till I read the above posts that 21 Sept 09 is going to be a public holiday! and that was b4 we booked our hotel...ha.

My wedding will be on 20 Sept 09 at Four Seasons Hotel.

glamourous2309

Hi Ju_ed,

U are fast! I just posted at Sept 2009 BTB thread to urge you join us here! Looks like U've found it yourself! =)

Venue: Shangri-La Hotel

Venue: Swissotel Stamford Hotel

Ju_Ed (ju_ed) - 20th Sept 2009,
Venue: Four Seasons Hotel

ju_ed

Hi Glamorous!

Thanks for the welcome
happy.gif
Yep, I posted on this thread b4 going over to the Sept 09 thread :p

diannahuimin

Glamourous, sad to say that i'll not be having my wedding on September 2009. Was rejected by ILs, pushed to January 2009 instead.
kao_cry.gif

glamourous2309

Hi Dianna,

But why? The Tong Shu is not even out yet for 2009... For Jan 2009, I think they based it on 2008 Tong Shu? As far as I know, before the chinese lunar new year, any dates before that will be considered as the year before one (In this instance, 2008)

Nevertheless, you can still join us here anytime.
I'll update the latest list.

Venue: Swissotel Stamford Hotel

Ju_Ed (ju_ed) - 20th Sept 2009,
Venue: Four Seasons Hotel

diannahuimin

Glamourous, ILs went to look for Fengshui Master. Divine result was 2009 in Chinese calendar is not a good year for marriage for those zodiac signs that are rooster.

No choice but to respect their wishes to have our wedding in Jan 2009 which is still 2008 Chinese calendar month.

glamourous2309

Hi Dianna,

I see... mine was much simplier... we decide everything ourselves. My In Laws and Parents stand are as long we are happy, they are happy. =)

I basically just check that the date is a good day for wedding thats all, so as to confirm our venue.
Only know 20092009 clashes with year of dogs and as there are no dogs in both of families, so went ahead to confirm the date.
Timing wise, we'll wait for the Tong Shu to be out though. We are skipping the too traditional stuff like An Chuan and stuff. Gonna simplify further.
But reckon there will still be the Guo Da Li though.

destay81

Hi Dianna,
I shared the same experience as you. My fengshui master did mention to me that year 2009 is not a good year for marriage for rooster. However if we still want to hold on 2009, he will specifically help us to choose a date that match our 8 characters..

Just to share my fengshui master with you.
He is master Tan Khoon Yong.
My whole family lines had been seeking his gemonancy advice.You can refer to this website for more information. http://www.wayonnet.com/default.aspx

Desmond Tay

pinkie_nah

HUH ? nt good for rooster ? i die die .... i die die get the date never go consult master .. now sure kena big time ... die die die ...

verena

Hi all, i'm a newbie to this forum. Bf and I were considering getting married in Sept 09. After reading through all the postings, I'm surprised you all have started preparing for it already! We're still thinking about which hotel and since prices will go up next year, any idea what each table cost for the hotels listed above? I.e. Hilton, Intercon, Goodwood Park, Fullerton?

diannahuimin

Hi Verena

You could visit sgbrides home page for the price listing of each hotel. Some may not be updated but u could send an email to them for their latest package.

Do visit my website if u need other information like checklists, wedding songs or even wedding gowns related topics. (http://weddingsongs4u.multiply.com)

verena

I'm just looking around for BS. So far, read good reviews about Sophia, Bridal Veil, The Aisle and Precious Moments. Anyone here has any experience or feedback about the above BS?

glamourous2309

Hey All 20092009 BTB,

The Tong Shu 2009 is out. Im wondering how many of you have checked on this date?
I went to one geomancer, and he said 20092009 not an good day for wedding based on 2009 Tong Shu. I will be going to a 2nd geomancer for 2nd opinion before I make any slight changes.

He has also told me 19th Sept 2009 is also not a good day for wedding.

Please share if any of you have went to consult on 20th Sept 2009.

eldots013

Hello all,

I am planning for wedding in 2009,
but not decided on date yet.
Can anyone recommend me which geomancer is good?

glamourous2309

Hi Antz,

Actually we've decided to drop the geomancer's idea that its not a good date, I think he based it on 8 characters of our date of birth etc. Its not something we want as I didnt realise thats based on our eight characters, rather than general date in Tong Shu.

We will be basing in on the Chinese Lunar Calendar instead to determine the auspicious date. Actually both 20th n 21st are fine with us. So have 2 choices of either date currently for either day.

Check this out too:
http://www.chinese-wedding-guide.com/chinese-calendar.html

I find it rather useful and interesting!

blurbabylsp

Glam,

I agreed with you. I was in a dilemma too when picking a wedding date. Whether to pick a date after the consultation of a "Shifu" with 8 characters (inclusive of parents/in-laws) or just pick a meaningful date. It just so happen that 20092009 is a nice date and falls on a sunday(we wanted a sunday). HTB and me finally come to a decision to go ahead to pick a meaningful date instead. Cos the thought of the date that is calculated by "Shifu' may fall on a weekday and at a certain auspicous time, we do not want to be restricted by all these constraints. Therefore, we do not seek any 'shifu" for any advise on auspicious date.

Lucky enough, 20092009 is a holiday and it is also a public holiday the next day, I feel that it is a bonus to me. In conclusion, I am very happy to wed on the date 20092009
happy.gif

sweetregina

I am also thinking of getting married on 20092009 , but as my bf is working outstation thus have to wait for him to come back then can decide on the banquet location and bridal studio. But do you all have any idea which hotel is good. I see that alot of hotel are being occupied.

pebblydiamonds

Hi, i'm a 20/09/2009 ROM BTB. My AD will only be in Dec09. Quite excited to see all these entries by everyone! Initially thought I was being kiasu to start planning now, but was appalled to find lots of venues taken for the dates we've chosen.

as such, SoNa, i suggest you quickly book! plus 2009 is a nice date
happy.gif

starnitedolp

hi all, i getting married on 20092009...venue at amara hotel...wanted to choose others but all taken liao...but anyway, heard that amara's food not too bad also...

for us we chose the date as it's is beautiful and also coz tt marks our 7th anniversary...hee...

blurbabylsp

Hi Valarie and Starnitedolp,

Congrats! 20092009 is indeed a very beautiful date nd it falls on a lunar 8th month
happy.gif

I have recently just confirmed my VG and PG with SimonVideos. SimonVideos is cheap and I am satisfied with their quality of work and is able to communicate well with Simon. So brides whom are still looking for VG and PG, can try SimonVideos. They are located in Toa Payoh.

glamourous2309

Hi ALL 20th & 21st Sept 2009 BTB.