(2009) Brides of year 2009

pringirl

We're planning to hold our wedding on 20 Jan 09. But just realise tt it's quite near to CNY. Anyone holding their wedding in Jan 09 too?
happy.gif

shice

hi! haha.. u started the thread le.. i was thinking when this thread will start then i join.. :p

my AD on 3 Jan 09..
happy.gif
where's urs gg to be held at? ROM le?

pringirl

we are changing to Dec 08 cos 20 Jan 09 is too near CNY (wanted it initially cos near to our ROM date: 22 Jan 07). am planning to hold it @ grand plaza park hotel. hw about you?
happy.gif

bride_09

gals.

FT said we are to choose our AD after CNY09.But tong shu will only be out in july08.Now in delimna, not sure if hotel willbe able to accept open date first and then we confirm with them once we got the tong shu

gniuz

Hi,

wanted jan 2009 wedding too but haven't selected date as waiting for tong shu. is tong shu 2008 out already? where can i buy one?

chubby_ting

Hi Girls!

I am a Jan 2009 Bride!! Hehe.. my AD is in 16 Jan 09!!! The following week is CNY liao... you girls think that there would b a prob man... bt my mum say s its a gd date leh..... Its a fri btw.. Now in a dilema choosing BS sigh. headache xia.

chubby_ting

Gniuz, tong shu is out! You can purchase it @ Si Ma Lu (Opp Yuan Yin Temple) a shop that sells incense paper. They have liao! I just bought it @ $3.50!! Go grab it!

shice

hi shining hoshi, dunno if now is the right time to choose BS.. maybe end of this yr then go find one..
happy.gif

chubby_ting

Hi Shice...

Really? You think its abit early? I am sourcing n going around liao man. Went to D'sire last weekend.. Umm v nice gowns v detailed but pkg ex n not v attractive the pkg they offer.. Not much perks & offer. No magazine style just full page. 2 pkg 2 choose from only (1 OTR & 1 MTM)..

Shice, you know I nearly choose your AD Date man! Yours is on 03 Jan 09 right? Hehe You havent got anything? My friend AD in Dec 08 she confirm her BS & venue liao.. So I tot why not b early then last min wont b gan jiong.. anyway all this have 2 source & booked 1.

Any BS/ Banquet venue you shortlisted?

shice

hi ting,

so qiao.. then why u change date? haha.. otherwise we can AD on the same day.. :p

I find it's abit early probably i just had my rom.. Decided to engage my rom photographer as he's really friendly and professional.. can click along well..

my venue is at grand copthorne, grand ballroom.. booked le..
happy.gif

still thinking whether to use back my rom BS or find new one.. but that one i think no hurry.. will take a break first, early next yr then find.. haha.. (coz we will be busy with reno)

chubby_ting

Hi Shice!!!

Wow you are fast in booking the venue ah! Me havent really estimate the number of tables. Throw that tasks 2 HB as his family more MA FUN... alot of requirements Im not patient dont want quarrel with HB over Banquet issue. Anyway my side v simple one we somehow finalise the no of tables liao... so still ok its IL side troublesome.. May not have banquet still pondering hehe so.... we still have time no worries..

I change the Date as my mum say that date "chong" me. So no choice lo postphone to 16 Jan 09. Ya lo or else we may be neighbours @ Havelock Road man as I am looking @ HIA, Furama haha....CC also la... Coz we are looking @ ard 30tables if have banquet lo. Sigh... Its the beginning & we are having "WAR" liao.. whahaha..haiz... sian man dont know is whos wedding.. You got mit any probs ma?

I am thinking going to a few BS and c c man.. mayb we can go together can get gd bargain. Seen you shortlisted Jawn ah... Is their pkg attractive ma? Or their gowns nice? I've been to D'sire & DC. Umm.. high end pkg man... So looking ard still goin to Milan & La Vie this week.. Mayb going others again next week slowly arrange haha ample time ahead.

shice

haha.. coz sat dinner mah.. must book fast.. and we really love the ballroom..
happy.gif

problems? rom already quarrel liao.. haha.. xi guan already.. :p i predict more to come.. sigh..

My friend recommend me D'sire and DC leh.. coz i looking for low back or lacey gowns.. heh.. but haven go to their shops to look yet..

I might go back Jawn coz they made my rom dress for me.. kinda convenient.. but still keep my options open..
happy.gif

chubby_ting

Oic... ok ok I also looking for low back, lacy ones 2!! haha we think alike ah..ya mine ROM also lots of prob liao.. haiz me also more 2 come man sigh... really wonder who's wedding man. sigh ah

Me went 2 both D'sre & DC liao. D'sire changing room the settings is v nice seriously. However, they concentrate alot on their gowns. V elaborate alot of beadings, emboridores... DC gowns is nice however their place abit cramp. It looks kinda of old 2. Their pkg do not come with PS. You have to engage a seperate PG that tied up with them so its a seperate charge. Then if you MTM got alot of requirement also you want add lacy, add this that needs $ one... they have diff definition. So I dont think I want those. D'sire is v open you take their MTM pgd they do not need to add ny additional cost. Most of the lace la, emborderies all can use. Just now full lengh beadings or emborderies they r fine liao.

You are lucky GC they allow booings till March 2009 right if I am not wrong. Other hotels they may not take in bookings for 2009. So I have to keep sourcing man. sigh....

Like only got me & you talking here man haha

Maybe some girls dont want get married near CNY ah... so Jan would b so quiet in d forum liao

yuanfen

Shice,

mine is also on 03 jan 09! Erm.. everything have already done except for our flat as we wanna move near to my mum. So now have to wait lo..

chubby_ting

HI Jam!

Welcome to the club! Haha... you are aiming for a re-sale / new flat near ur mum there?

Wow your everything done meaning what? think most hotels are not open for reservation till maybe towards end of this yr? Grand Copthrone can book coz they open their booking till Mar 09.Me still sourcing my BS & Venue now man... so busy.. haiz...

shice

ting, think we looking for ard the same "kind" of wg.. haha.. but i worry it's gg to be pricey.. now still rather lazy to go search for BS.. think that one no need so fast search bah.. at most i just mtm everything.. =P u got ur flat already?

Welcome Jam.. haha.. more pple more fun..
happy.gif
otherwise only ting and me holding "private" conversation... hahaha.. ^5... any reason why u choose 3 Jan? me is bo bian.. the only suitable date that meets "ALL" expectations.. haha.. so what is your "everything" that u have settled for? haha.. like Ting, i also curious.. :p

Good luck on ur flat hunting k? which area u looking at?

Currently, we got our flat.. but need to find ID to do reno after next yr CNY.. also.. can lazy lazy abit.. haha..

chubby_ting

Hi Shice!

Ya lo me want those lacy type u know then flowing & abit diff kind of feeling.. I went to La Vie & was impressed by the designer (we are served by the designer personally) which you dont get to meet those designers elsewhere. They impressed me with their work. If you want, shice you can go down take alook. Jeff is the designer & he is v nice.. though abit lorso la.. haha but overall experience was great!

I like his kind of design. V special unlike normal wedding gown if you go down & see mayb you would understand me. I went down to Milan last Sat. You may want to do so they have quite a few lacy ones, umm.. low back & alot of beadings involved. Look for Julie if you want to go down. I would be going to Precious Moments as well. Then I think somehow complete my BS searching liao! Haha

Now headahce Banquet liao.. going down to hotels after hotels to view their ballroom. Though Kiasu la but beta then taken up right? Hehe Me just want to clear those impt things 1st then can rest later.. hehe dont need so stress up. However, I think most of the hotels do not take in 2009 banquet bookings yet. So just look ard ma. Have you been to any bridal show? I nv went to any hehe btw, how many tables you expect to have? Shortlisted any hotels yet? We can use 2008 hotel price as a guideline ah. I have a couple of hotels pricelist for 2008. If you are interested. PM me ok?

My lovenst is not yet complete. So temp stay IL place lo.. No choice want to enjoy 2person world 1st b4 having bb... So like this ah!

HAPPY searching & preparing for our big day!

vanilla_cyndi

Hi Ladies !!!

Am another 3rd Jan 2009 BTB. Soooooo excited about it as we just got the date few days ago. But I have a problem here as we wanted to book out hotel by this year we really do not know what are the things we should bargain for. So will any kind soul please advise me on this......

Thanks in advance

shice

Hi Cyndi,

Try the following

-free flow of beer
-free corkage waived, if not 1 time payment of corkage for unlimited liquor/wine. (u calculate see which one is more worth it for urself)
-helper's room (1-2rooms)
-Bridal suite (1-2 nights)
-paying based on 2008 pricing
-free projector
-free 1 bottle of wine per confirmed table
-got any credit card that has promo with the hotel?
-if deposit is >3k, and u're short of cash, can try to ask to pay 3k now, remaining pay 3 or 6 months b4 ur AD.
-carpark coupons & invitation cards - see if u wan to negiogiate for more.
-if rom on the same date, ask if they can give u a place/room for the solemnisation with ur family and close friends.
-if u staying for 2 nights, ask for second night breakfast and dinner buffet at their hotel restaurant

basically that's all i can think of.. heh..

shice

just make sure during ur dinner, bargain until such that u dun have to pay anymore extra to the hotel..

vanilla_cyndi

Hi Shice

I really appreciate your fast respond and thank you so much for the details. Is it too much if we ask for 2 more rooms for both our parents for free maybe for 1 night.

vanilla_cyndi

Haiz...

I emailed Fullerton 2 days ago wanted to make appointment to go down pay deposit but bookings for 2009 not open yet.

Although its still early but i really dunoe where to start from.... Headeache......

chubby_ting

Wow Vanilla! You are looking @ Fullerton as your venue ah!

V ex wor!Have you booked your BS yet? Maybe you can start sourcing ard 4 ur BS?

lilowang

Hi ladies, i'm a Ist Jan 09 bride. I'm impressed with Divine Coulture gowns. Any other attractive BS promotions on now?

chubby_ting

Wow a new yr bride! Congrats Lilowng!!!!!

DC gowns.... ok.............. Personally I sign up with Precious Moments Bridal... You may wanna pop by?

chubby_ting

Summary:

Shining Hoshi:
AD Date: 16 Jan 2009
BS: Precious Moment Bridal
PG: TBC
VG: TBC
AD Venue: Still sourcing.....

Shice:
Date: 3 Jan 09
PG: Derrick Ong
Venue: Grand Copthorne
BS: Jawn (tentatively)

Anyone wants to add on....??

lilowang

Shining Hoshi:

Shice:

Lilowang
Date: Ist Jan 09
PG: TBA
Venue: Grand Copthorne (waves to shice)
BS: TBA

chubby_ting

I went to Furama Riverfront to view the Ballroom setting... Overall still feeling ok with that. Within our budget.

Any comments on this hotel? I would be going down to Hoilday Inn Park View & Orchard Parade Hotel. Which is better? Any comments?

lilowang

shining hoshi, i attended a wedding at furama riverfront few mths back. Its pillarless and i think its value for money. The only drawback is they have a very popular nightclub just beside the hotel and also the parking is very old & limited.

I personally feel that Holiday Inn or Orchard Parade is a better choice.

chubby_ting

Hi Lilowang!

Yes Furama is really value for $$.Ballroom is ok la since I have been there for a banquet as well.

The night club is not a real issue 2 me & HB.Agree that its really value for $$ lo. They have quite gd perks to be frank la..Abit worried how my guests is going there if they go by public transport... Abit inconvenient ma...

I went to Holiday Inn Park View just now... Its really v v v nice lo. With the 3 Chandeliers in the ballroom. It makes the whole place looks v grand & classic. However, there are pillars and they have high & low ceiling in the ballroom... aiyo.. Sigh... then I tink Orchard Parade is somehow out ma HB dont reli like d ballroom coz... Antica Ballroom setup is not really fantastic. However, food wise I think it would be the best among the 3 of them.. Still considering man. Lilowang, have you start to source any venue ma? I am @ d end of my sourcing liao... gg to Novotel Wedding Show on 01 Sept... last station haha..

You shortlist any?

shice

*waves back to lilowang* u gotten which ballroom? heh.. can get ur first hand experience abt the hotel when the time comes.. :p

currently looking at videographer.. got any recommendations?

lilowang

Hi ladies, im a lazy bride, i have nt source for any BS, videographer,etc other than booking the venue.

Shice, same as you. Grand Ballroom.

Shining Hoshi, if the night club is nt an issue. I think Furama will be a good choice. Plus, the food is not bad too. =)

chubby_ting

Haiz.... sigh. so vexed haha.....

Lilowang, ok la all tos BS, PG, VG are not all v rush thingy. Can slowly do 1. COnfirm venue is still the priority! So can slowly put everything in place liao.. hehe

Shice, I got a budget 1. Colin Ng Prod that I saw @ d forum. His rates is $650 for 10hrs, half day $450, $250 for express highlights. sounds ok la... im still considering to have anot.... may not be essential...even hve also a so-so 1 ok liao. Coz like nt everytime would take out n see one lo

yingz

Hi Ladies,
i'm new here...
Just to add myself to the list..

Summary:

Shining Hoshi:

Shice:

Ying Ying:
PG: Personal friend
Venue: TBC (looking at NCQ)
BS: SB AMK

*Waves to Shice !! Same AD !!

shice

*waves back to yingz* heh.. u got the same nick as my fren's email.. btw u forgotten lilowang.. haha.. her's on 1 Jan 09 wor..

Shining Hoshi:

Shice:
BS: still looking ard

Ying Ying:
PG: Personal friend
Venue: TBC (looking at NCQ)
BS: SB AMK

Lilowang
Date: Ist Jan 09
PG: TBA
Venue: Grand Copthorne (waves to shice)
BS: TBA

fat_fat_79

Hi! I'm thinking of starting this thread for those who are planning for their wedding on March 2009. My AD is on the 07 March 2009. Althought to some, I maybe a little KS but still I wish to plan early since i have got the date fixed. Hehe! Come join me if you also have your date fixed on March 2009.

chubby_ting

Hi Bean,

25 Jan if Im not wrong as my AD falls the week before CNY.

Hi Karine,

There is on & off Bridal Show and you can pop by to see their setup. For 2008 wedding show I think they havent plan anything. When is your AD? If 2008, then you can go 2 Bridal Shows now and sign up with them for your AD wedding. If 2009, then some hotels they allow booking up to 2009. Hope this helps.

karine82

Hi *Shining Hoshi* (chubby_ting) , my AD on 2009 Hotel I not that hurry, becoz i waiting for IR to finish, alot of hotel now building. Example, Fullerton 2. I'm more worry about Bridal Studio, so hard to find one relable...
sad.gif

babychew

Hi

I might chose march also. cos we wan our wedding to be after chinese new yr. The date not yet fixed but surely its a sunday. Think it will be a wedding lunch.

chubby_ting

Hi Karine,

You can get some tips from friends or @ Forum ah.. to get a reliable 1 is diff I agree. Which BS you have been to? Anyway,your AD is still quite sometime later so can slowly find, dont rush into it ah. Do some research, go down personally to the BS & look @ d designs urself. Try some if you can and get a feel of it. Dont sign up for the sake of signing up. Take into consideration their gown selelctions, services & their reputation.

karine82

actually, I been to all the BS in Tanjong pagar. I'm quite pls with one of the BS " Yvonne creation" the salesgirl very helpful. But I dunnoe how to ask for more from the package provide. I scare ask too much not really gd... then My FH so busy. I was wondering is there is BS show that have all the BS

chubby_ting

Karine,

Um... from what I see ah go Bridal show not so gd y? Unless you know you going sign up with them then you go Bridal Show or else they can do alot of marketing but in the end you go to their BS and found that their gowns doesnt really suit you. So its best to go down to BS and c for yourself.

Dont too gan jiong, still early. BS ok 1. Dont go commit 2 fast. Learn someting through Forum like what bargains 2 look out for. What pkg you should get etc. BS not urgent. Banquet more urgent as 1 day can only have 1 Banquet for that particular Ballroom. But for BS they 1 day can like have a few weddings so its fine with them. Take your time and slowly source ma. Before you do so,do your homework.

fat_fat_79

Hi Angeline

Im glad to heard that you are also planning your AD in March. Anyway March is not my choice. I was think of Valentine Day in 09 which is a Sat. But my MIL said that is not a good day for wedding for us and bla bla bla, so no choice have to push to March lo. I also thinking of lunch too but again my MIL wanted 'face' and insisted us to have dinner. 'Sob'

babychew

hi

Mine mostly falls on sunday. so i think lunch will be better . see how my plans goes. I slowly looking for bridal service le. my friend said packages which got mtm gowns are ex by around $500 like that.. U sign any package already? Got yr love nest already?

Cheers