(2009) Brides of year 2009

golden_bride

hihi, mine is also on the 16th Jan 2009... i jus settled my gowns for PS.. But havent decide on AD gown as my BS(Julia) say need to choose only ard Oct/Nov as there will be new arrival every month.. too early to choose the gowns.. did anyone here have their PS gowns different from their AD ? cos my pictures will not have my actual day gown?

ecarg1310

Hi Iam,

my BS is also Julia and my AD is on 15th Jan 09, one day before yours. Yup, my PS gowns will be different from AD gowns definitely. Ya usually gowns will choose 2 mths before the day. When's ur PS? Taking in Sg?

Who's ur coordinator in Julia?

golden_bride

hi grace.. my PS is 8th July, ya, in SG.. my cord is Serene.. mine is at Four Seasons Hotel.. Cos i was thinking, most of my frds album gown is the same as their AD, so they asked me? hw come so fast do PS? then ur AD gown nt inside album hor? i was like? huhu.. Do ppl normally take diff gowns from AD and pics? i also nt very sure... btw, when is ur PS? In TW?

fat_fat_79

Meiting -> I think most BTB have the same problem of being clueless of the customs. Thats Y most of us are here. hahahaha Anyway I not sure if we should follow the guy's side custom or the gal side. But one of my frd is also getting married in Nov and her HTB is also Cantonese. If you wanna follow cantonese custom, I can try to get the Guo Da Li list from her.

Or You might wanna try to talk to BTB who is Cantonese and hubby is Hokkien like you lo. hahaha. If can, talk to those AD just over 1.

Janet -> In fact my MIL also told me that Hokkien dont have anything so she is not giving too. I dont mind cause like what starskyz said, less chance to attack me. But my mum thinks that she should at least give something. So my HTB have no choice but to buy for me lo.

You are so so lucky not staying with your in law. You will never believe me if I told you that I rarely meet my FPIL. Me and my HTB has been dating for almost 6 yrs liao. I think I only meet my FPIL less then 7 times and you know the worse is that Im going stay with them le!! Sianz!!

Anyway, you can wear nubra if you want to. It is not a must. For me, as Im so fat, so upper body also alot of fats. hahaha If I wear nubra, my upper body will look very heavy so I just use "stickers" hehe

Starskyz-> I also eat alot 1. You will feel sorry for me if you know that my MIL once told me that Im too fat for her son. That time I was so so angry that I hid at home for days. Sianz!!! Anyway Im proud of who I am so since her son proposed to me that mean that he love me for who I am lo. hahahha My aunty once say that the more his mum say I fat, the more I must feed her son so that he is as fat as me. hahahahaha.

In fact Im a person who dont like jewellery. I dont even wear a watch lo. Sianz! The Si Dian Jin that I getting will also be a 1 time only. If can I also dont wanna buy the Si Dian Jin. hahahahaha

piggylover

Hi Teresa, Yvonne & ahBlur, thanks for ur info.
happy.gif

Suzanna, gd ideal! i will remove the mth n yr ba, as all will b Dec09 BTB n HTB le.
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>AD</TD><TD>Day</TD><TD>Banquet Venue</TD><TD>Room</TD><TD>Bridal Studio</TD><TD>AD PG</TD><TD>AD VG</TD><TD></TD><TD>ROM date</TD><TD>ROM Venue</TD><TD>JP</TD><TD>Multiply ID </TD></TR><TR><TD>Renne</TD><TD>04</TD><TD>Fri</TD><TD>Orchard Parade Hotel</TD><TD>Anitica Ballroom</TD><TD>White Link</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Teresa</TD><TD>05</TD><TD>Sat</TD><TD>Le Meridien Hotel</TD><TD>Margaux Ballroom</TD><TD>Jazreel's Collection</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD></TD><TD>25.09.07</TD><TD>ROM Premise </TD><TD>A male JP</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>wildwood</TD><TD>05</TD><TD>Sat</TD><TD>Four Seasons Hotel Singapore</TD><TD>Four Seasons Ballroom</TD><TD>White Link</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD></TD><TD>05.12.09</TD><TD>church wedding</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Teddy Mac</TD><TD>06</TD><TD>Sun</TD><TD>Raffles Town Club</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Golden Horse Awards</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>MooMedia</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Andrea</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>Sat</TD><TD>Holiday Inn Park View</TD><TD>Crystal Ballroom</TD><TD>Vaughn Tan</TD><TD>3Some</TD><TD>Skyworkz</TD><TD></TD><TD>27.04.07</TD><TD>Amara Hotel</TD><TD>Chan Kai Yau</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheekychick</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>Sat</TD><TD>Novotel Clarke Quay Hotel</TD><TD>Cinnamon Ballroom</TD><TD>Printemps</TD><TD>Foto-U</TD><TD>Zeproductions</TD><TD></TD><TD>20.05.05</TD><TD>ROM premise (Joy Room)</TD><TD>a Female JP</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Junel</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>Sun</TD><TD>Parkroyal @ Kitchener Rd</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Jess Haute Couture</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD></TD><TD>13.12.09</TD><TD>Parkroyal @ Kitchener Rd</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gisele Lim</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>Thurs</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shir</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>Sun</TD><TD>Marina Mandarin</TD><TD>Vanda Ballroom</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yvonne</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>Sun</TD><TD>Amara Hotel</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD>Digio</TD><TD>1950photography</TD><TD>ForestProduction</TD><TD></TD><TD>03.01.08</TD><TD>The Legends @ Fort Canning Park </TD><TD>Dr Phua Tan Tee </TD><TD>yvonnesoh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jiaple</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>Wed</TD><TD>Marina Mandarin</TD><TD>Vanda Ballroom</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD></TD><TD>28.11.06</TD><TD>GCW (Paradiso Room)</TD><TD>Chan Kau Yau</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Charmaine</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>Fri</TD><TD>Holiday Inn Park View</TD><TD>Crystal Ballroom</TD><TD>Digio</TD><TD>simonvideo</TD><TD>simonvideo</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Piggylover</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>Sat</TD><TD>Orchid Country Club</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD>Bridal Concept</TD><TD>Mojoideas</TD><TD>Mojoideas</TD><TD></TD><TD>26.12.09</TD><TD>Jade Ballroom 2 &amp; 3</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>mdwedding2009 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Suzanna</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>Sat</TD><TD>Orchard Hotel</TD><TD>Ballroom 3</TD><TD>LaBellle Coulture</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD></TD><TD>26.12.09</TD><TD>Orchard Hotel Putting Green</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>suzannaa </TD></TR><TR><TD>ahBlur</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>Sat</TD><TD>Plaza Park Royal @ Beach Rd</TD><TD>Plaza Ballroom</TD><TD>White Link</TD><TD>Lam</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD></TD><TD>23.12.06</TD><TD>Grand Plaza Park Royal</TD><TD>Sme interesting guy..</TD><TD>blurbaby15 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emeraldbride</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>Sat</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Not taking</TD><TD>Andy Lim</TD><TD>Wedding Paparazzi</TD><TD></TD><TD>08.12.07</TD><TD>One Rochester</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>kathkhor </TD></TR><TR><TD>cube_cube</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>Sat</TD><TD>The Pine</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD>Julia Wedding News</TD><TD>fotowerke</TD><TD>fotowerke</TD><TD></TD><TD>26.12.09</TD><TD>The Pine</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Catty</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>Sat</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD></TD><TD>09.12.06</TD><TD>Home</TD><TD>Prof Yu Shi Ming</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

krystal80

yvonne, ABB is ang bao box =)
PM me if u interested =)

Shir, thanks for reminding me! forgot to tell piggy that my AD PG change to 1stJournal =) Piggy!! pls note =P

Shir, if u interested, can check them out at their new webbie =)

cube_cube

wa, ah blur, you making me very stress leh.....you wana change your venue meh? hehehe

i show you the pkg also no use le, they changing their pkg soon, heard this smtime this mth will change liao wor

mystiobes

Hi everyone!

I'm going to be a June Bride too! AD will be on 18th June 2009.. we've yet to decided on the venue yet.. have shortlisted some venues.. and will go hunting and perhaps more bargaining of perks.. hehe.. =)

hey chuababy,
I think the sweetheart top is really lovely but I dun think I'll be able to carry it
sad.gif
hmm... maybe i shd visit wedding present. Thanks for the great idea. I visited their website and I think they r the closest to what I am loooking for!! I am so excited now haha

jojy

Haha... actually I been wanting to ask where is OPH but dare not ask. So I'm not the only one who dun understand, keke....

mscupid11

aiyo momo.. u got me confused.. haha.. anyway dun stress urself k.. i had loads of fun taking photos during my ROM.. guess the upcoming PS is gona be even more exciting!! hehe..

michael, forgot to ask when is ur AD? Have you decided on your venue?

starskyz

fatfat> hey hey.. i got a similar remark from my MIL too!!! she told me to go on diet, dun eat so much etc for the big day.. felt so demoralised.. den my HTB told me nvm, he will love me the same.. so i juz joked to my MIL now wheneva she mention abt my figure tat i wana be a buibui bride.. hahahha.. ok, i'm kinda no manners, lidat tok to her.. =P

as for moving into the family, how many oradi got their love nests liao? me still balloting, since last sep.. no luck at all, haiz..

gladz

Hi,need some advices...one of my good gfs gonna invite me to her wedding next May, which is about a month b4 my AD (mine is June), and she gonna ask me to be her driver cos she asks to use my car as her wedding car (I'm using the same car for my AD too). I've told a couple of my friends and they say there will be a clash, ask me not to attend her wedding or lend her my car.It's like "good clashes good" (xi chong xi). Is it true that it's not advisable to attend any wedding if it's near to own AD?

janetwedding

fatfat, my HTB is also getting me on behalf of his parent. But I told him we shall tok abt it later, dun wish to see him spending the $$ juz to save his mum face. Our wedding date actually falls on our 12th year anniversary, so you see my stage now, my IL nv accept me as per of their member even after SOooo many years, so sad lor. I seldom went over for dnr too, hehe. But now I'm force to go once a month after they shifted to my area, haiz.. But fatfat, less meet up means less conflict, so I envy you.

Maybe I'll try without nubra on my fitting and see how it looks, if really neccessary then I'll get it.

thebsea

Starskyz,
I balloted for 3 balloting exercises liao but totally no luck at all.. So sian. AD approaching and $$ reducing, very diff to find resale now. Resale market also still very hot now. Next hdb balloting exercise in Oct. Will try again!

eternal_mates

Welcome stiobes, have fun sourcing for your wedding venue ya
happy.gif

gLadZ, I did heard of that before. What i heard is that some couples will not want to attend their friend's wedding if it falls within 3 months from theirs. If you and your friend are not worried about the "pantang" issue, then it should be fine. But some elder folks might not like the idea.

frennie

Hi Mscupid,
my AD venue still haven decide but had fix appointment with some hotels.
This sat im going to M-hotel. I went to Furama Riverfront, the venue is quite good but becos of the pillars so need to have more selection of the hotels.

frennie

Hi mscupid,

My Ad venue still not confirm yet. Had fix appointment with some of the hotels. This sat im gng to M-hotel.

ecarg1310

Hi lam,

my PS is on 22 July, also in SG. You decided where to go already? Coordinator: Jess. I think the gowns are usually different unless is MTM gown lo. Otherwise, OTR can be different.

On AD, my intention was morning go somewhere to take photos (just like photoshoot). Then you will have photos of your AD gown too. Hee best of both worlds. Definitely will have like a 30min period to take some photos along the way or something. No worries man.

starskyz

thebsea> i balloted for 4 rounds liao also, no luck as well.. i'm trying for the punggol BTOs, cos nearer to my HTB's family.. which area are you trying for?

we cannot afford resale leh, need so much cash on hand for the over-valuation.. you are right, AD approaching, $$ running low also.. haiz..

poseidon_gal

I received draft contract from a few hotels..still trying to decide which one to choose..
Alot of you are very fast, already book BS.. I am still deciding on mine..

ruachgall

hi janet

thanks for your advise. but i dun think i can file for my rom yet cos u can only do that closer to your ROM date rite?

mashi_mashi

poseidon_gal,

hw come u receive draft contracts de a few hotels?
normally they will give u their packages only, when u confirm the hotel, then either they will send u the draft contract to c. or ask u go dwn to the hotel to c the contract.

hw come urs is diff?

bride_09

hey hey....

been long sinc ei logged in....updates!!!

Date :26th March 09 (Thurs....no choice)
Venue of Banquet : Sheraton Towers
Bridal Shop :precious momnet bridal
Selection of Gowns (25th July 08)
Photoshoot : 19th Sept ... is it late??...my god.....

Be wearing wedding gowns from PMB and i bought a nonya berbaya for tea ceremony....hehehe.....

desjo_11

Hi Gals,
Long time haven't come in here..can see u all plan so well &amp; fast ;p

Grace &amp; Lam, my BS also Julia.Taking PS in July in SG.any idea of a nice site?
Lam: My AD gown also not in the album coz anyway on AD there will be lotsa pictures taken for AD WG.At least u get to wear 1 more gown.I think is really ok.

Btw seems alot things to be done..like cannot finish ya..so u gals hv decide on buffet,Guo Da LI items oredi?I haven't even get my heels for PS..think wear any existing pair should be ok ba?? And u gals also start planning for honeymoon?care to share
happy.gif

ecarg1310

Hi desjO,

Wow! All from Julia.
Nice sites: I am thinking of Botanic Gardens, Alexandra, Changi Airport T3, Singapore Muesuem. Will speak to the photographer and see if he has any to recommend. I am someone who likes both nature as well as Architecture, thus I think I will go for one nature outdoor and 1 site with nice architecture.

Have not decided on Buffet. This one very fast one. To play safe, maybe I will just go for Neo Gardens which I always order from them. Shouldn't be a problem.

Honeymoon: My FH wants to go US. So he'll be planning, I'll just follow. Haha. Too many things to plan, must leave some to him.
happy.gif

thebsea

Starskyz,
Im looking at either tiong bahru or clementi, and i know the $ damages for these 2 locations really jialat sia!! We are waiting for the market to worsen. Heard from agents that cash-over-valuation will drop but price of flats will still rise abit. See how lar... now i also dunno what to so =(

hey glam,
u mean fullerton 'blocked out' the whole month of sep? No wonder when I enquired abt sep the manager took ages to get back to me n didnt give a reply. Anyway I changed my AD to 271109.

blurbaby

andrea... spot on... i wana check on d perks..

previously wanted to hold mine there.. cos wana follow my uncle footsteps.. hahaha.. *copycat*

but was not feeling well that time.. so missed n i neber follow up..

but d price izit above 828 nett?

sotong_gal

poseidon_gal,
ya lor.. i agree with mashi mashi.. how come hotels send u draft contracts??
i tot they onli send u when u have paid a deposit... hmmm...

sparkless

hi gals... it's Friday!!!! =D

A quick survey here... how much effort did your other half put in for the wedding? Mine, nothing on wedding. Ask him what have he done for the wedding? He said... he has been looking at electrical appliances for our new house : \

gladz

Thanks eternal_mates! I'm not really "pantang", actually my gf and I decide not to tell our parents about it. But my other gfs all say it's better to be safe than sorry. Well, like what I told my htb, whether our marriage will work won't depend on this..

glamourous2309

Hi Popprincesstrin,

Yeah, thats what I heard from my gf who wanted to book Fullerton. I think largely its due to the F1 Formula race that will be held next year as well. The track should be similar to this year's one.

benbenfish

Haiya...
Also here... He onli become my transport. When looking for hotels tt time, I ask for packages from hotels, then talk to him abt the pacakge, he only say, 'u decide ba'....pengsan...then confirm the appointment, the he drive me to the hotel, sit down there discuss abit with the planner...tt all...
Hope when AD is nearer, and more things to prepare, he can involve more in tt...

mashi_mashi

guys are like tat. for me, i will get the quotes and will shortlist some for him to view. then fr there, he will go to the hotels wif me lor. then BS also lor. bring him c afew. but then he will help to give comments on whether he like or nt.

although he neber do much research, but still will help to give comments n ask lor. haha

tink guys are abt the same. nt like gals who wanted our so call perfect wedding. hahaha

chuababy

Hi Trin,

actually i have visited wedding present once, somehow quite like their designs and materials used. I tried on a thai silk ballgown and like it very much. But would still want to visit some other BS...haha...i think still got time to look ard...

hey chuababy,
do u noe if wedding present does cheongsams too? I am think of making one for the tea ceremony. do you know what the price range for the wedding packages? i assume the staff there r nice n not pushy at all?

chuababy

hi trin,

i am not too sure about CS. I din really ask abt that, haha. The mtm package starts from $4,399...without photography. They also have packages that tie up with well-known photographers.

From my one-time visit experience, the one that attended to me was Alan, one of the designer...he was frenly and attentive....definitely not pushy. He was the one who initiated trying the gowns, which I tot how nice. For some other BS, I have to ask them if i can try the gowns...imagine that there are those who refuse to let me do so, on reasons that their staff are busy, even though i made an appt.

chuababy

o, by the way, you can send an email to their email address (which can be found on the website), there will be an auto-reply email telling you their latest bridal package.

hi chuababy,
I heard horror stories abt some BS so I am quite wary abt going down to the BS. will definitely go there to try one day thanks again for the recommendation! anyway i went down to FS yesterday. It was a pity their ballroom was rather small
sad.gif