(2009) Brides of year 2009

dacylet

ete> is the pedicure area near to your hse? or ur workspace is near to your home? if not, just grab a simple slipper on your way to the pedicure area... save the hassle of moving back and fro.. unless there is a lot of time to spare =)

irritant

orh...mine no bears in front...just flowers...no cans at the back also...

dun think u can block either of the 2...ERP and red light cam only take the back wor...

i think so far they dun really catch cos it's wedding car lar...u try do it on normal car lor...u see they stop u or not if they spot u...hee

superfamous

ete, pedicure shop usually got sell slippers too. mine will also offer to polish another day, so they just scrub, shape, buff, etc first and just return to polish another day..

rene3

ete-it's better if u can bath 1st b4 u do ur pedi & medi. My friend went to bath after doing her medi and spolit her nail art.

ete

superfamous/irene- thanks... think i need to rush home aft work haha
tmr is my PS day
happy.gif

shermainelim

not superfamous : tks. But i heard kingsmen charges quite high. I have a budget of only 300 since i need to do afew suits. Any idea if dickson is still operating in suntec. Heard gd feedbacks from forum-but that was a year or 2 back..

pekochan81

ete> it normally takes 2hrs for the nail polish to be fully dry. So u still muz be careful after that. Wah! tmr PS! Have fun ya!

shermaine lim> u might wish to try opp harbour front, inside the hawker centre. Quite a lot of guys noe of tat place tat tailor suits. My hubs also did a suit there before. Reasonable price, but oso depends on the material you choose. Their designs are up-to-date or u can oso bring yr design to show the Uncle. Workmanship oso not bad. Got a few shops there, but I think most people go to the 1 located at a corner one.

cheer7

wow... tis thread s movin veri fast ;) b4 i can discuss in 1 topic... it aleady move on to e next topic.... hee...

chk wif u all, got any idea wat s been discuss or mention durin e parent meet up session? do e groom side ask e bride parents, how much 'pin jin' they wan?

shermaine: how abt buyin off e rack, eg G2000, my colleague has intro me 1 shop but i cant remember e name, wil chk n let u know...

cheer7

welcome sue!

mm.. nice bridal shop s quite subjective... u hav to go to e shop to take a look or look through their photo ablum/bridal mag to c if u lik their design, customer service, etc...

do u hav any shops in mind? mayb u can take a look at e list tt mashi has collated on our weddin dates, venue, BS, etc... currently e lastest list s under e link 'Archive through May 12'.

mashi_mashi

Sue,
Welcome

like wat cheer say, its quite subjective. or u wan to tell us ur budget n wat u looking for in a package.

tink u hv to move fast. alot of us here start to take PS liao. so u need to start ur sourcing nw.

Cheer,
hmm. normally mit the parents session will tok abt wat is needed for GDL. eg, no. of cakes, items needed lar. then pin jin mah. it depends. can tok it out if u wan. if nt bride parents will roughly tell the bride then bride tell groom. tis is very sensitive so need to handle wif care. becoz some bride parents dun like ppl to ask them face to face...
and also the no. of tables groom to give bride side..

mashi_mashi

sue,
nowadays package start fr ard 3k.
basically will have ur WG, EG, Tea dress for AD
some will include car (wif driver)
flowers for AD n PS.
car deco
groom suit. normally 2 for AD
Photos - depending on ur package. ard 22-30pcs
1 portrait (size depends on BS)
mini album - repeated photos
then PS - ard 5 outfit include outdoor PS (hmm.. normally will b wearing ur AD WG n EG for PS) check wif BS.
transport for outdoor PS.
Make up for AD (day & nite) and PS (ard 5 styles)

prices is diff for MTM n OTR. so c which one u looking at.

for the 2 BS u looking, if i not wrong, their package start fr 3k

gals,wat else ar? like tat ask i also dun knw still got wat liao. keke..

u need to know ur budget and wat kind of gowns u like... then fr there u look for ur BS.

do remember to cater some extra cash to top up for ur photos. keke... in case.

its_fate

Hello...
This thread is moving super fast..
happy.gif

Had my OD PS on Wed.. Heng ah.. the weather is good!! Really enjoy the whole process... Went Sentosa to "capture" sunset.. saw alot of brides there.. at least 7-8 couples.. wahahaha

pekochan81

Hello Sue!

You can refer to the attached checklist when you go for your BS hunting. This attachment was uploaded by another bride from this forum as well. I should say that it's quite comprehensive. But I forgotten which thread I got it from. Hehe. This forum is also a very powerful research tool, so you might also wish to refer to the thread of the BS you shortlisted to find out more from the ladies there.
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msexcel.gif
Bridal Shop Checklist
Bridal_shop_checklist-341332.xls (29.7 k)</td></tr></table></center>

mashi> Speaking of GDL, is it that we gota prepare 2 sets of the tea-set rite?

its_fate

Pekochan - I think have to prepare 2 sets. 1 for your parents' home and the other for in-laws' home..

I've seen ppl selling away used Tea-set. Is it compulsory to buy new sets?? What is the significant of it?? Anyone can highlight?
happy.gif

jennyd

Hi Sue,
Welcome to the group!
I shortlisted Julia Wedding News initially but their package was too expensive so I dropped them. Their basic package inclusive of 20 pics is $3,688. They have gorgeous gowns though, so if your budget can stretch I'd say give it a go.

jennyd

Iris,
I dun think it's necessary to buy new sets. It's just personal preferences, some ppl like everything new. I'll be using the one my mum used for her wedding, so it's an old tea set.

mashi_mashi

Hi gals,
basically tis is wat they say lar. for groom side tea set, has to be new lar. n its given by the bride side during GDL with baby bath tub, etc.

for gals side, they say no need new de. can be used b4 de also can... so depends on hw u c it lor....

tat is my understanding lar.

superfamous

oooh i didnt know groom side had to be new.. we are using the set his parents used during their tea ceremony and my mum bought a new set for us already. LOL, like the opposite :p

i felt Julia Wedding News gowns were verryyyyy pretty but wayy too expensive, esp for OTR gowns!

cheer7

shermaine : e shop s call domanchi... tis s e website - http://www.domanchi.sg/collections.php?category_id=1

understand tt e groom side teaset s part of e drowny... as for bride side, can use e one tt s been use by our parents...

heard fro my friend's mum, it s better not to bring e tea set fro e groom place to e bride place for tea ceremony.. cos if e tea-set broke during tis transit period, e in-laws will not get along well.... she heard it from the shop tt sell weddin items..

cheer7

oh... 4got to ans 1 q... pekochan81, yup, u can keep e tea set when u move to ur hse so tt u can use it next time for ur girl's weddin ;)

cheer7

mashi, thanks for e advice... cos my htb say dun need to mention 'pin jin', but some thread say need to.... mayb shall it how it goes tml.. cos we r clueless to wat has to b discuss...

superfamous

mashi, i didnt know that. oh wells, i bet both side of parents dont know either so just anyhow lor. got tea set to use enough already hahha

mashi_mashi

cheer,
it depends de. if u know wat ur parents wan then no need to say.
becoz sometimes parents mit le also dun knw wat to say. lol...

not superfamous!
haha. tink so. tat time my sis wedding also dun knw. in the end. last min create alot of problems for us lor. haiz.. anyway over liao.
if nt pantang then ok lar. pantang then better follow. keke...

rene3

Hi Sue,

Went to My Dream Wedding b4, personally feel that their gowns are quite limited
And feels that their focus is more on overseas wedding shoots and promoting their wedding album cover.
Guess you need to select your BS real soon cos alot of PS date had been fixed.
Perhaps u can try walking down Tanjong Pagar area this weekend as most of the BS shops r there.
Good luck
happy.gif

susiesl

Thanks Irene!

i wish i can do it earlier cos my FH &amp; I are still overseas..we will only b bck in jun/jul.. think i might hv serious prob
sad.gif

mashi_mashi

Sue,
goin to view my photos this wkend. but seen some preview in my PG camera. nice. haha... so cannot wait for sun to come. lol...

hmm. can go tanjong pagar lar. but beware the ppl there are pushy as high competitive lor. haha..

mashi_mashi

sue,
u hv a very serious prob as there is very limited time for u.
once u confirm BS, u hv to select ur gowns n take PS immediately liao.

no buffer time. Gd luck. Do work ur budget first. c wat is the amount u wan to spend..
use the BS stated in the table as ref. keke...

when pics out will share wif u gals. but tink will load to my facebook
so best is u all add me in facebook ba
haha

rene3

Sue, u really need to see if the gowns suit u or not b4 selecting the BS. Think that the 1st step. Then next, u need to see if the package suit ur budget.

zerochristy

All> Hi girls... always read but did not post.

Sharing my joy... tomorrow is my GDL Yeah!!! and viewing my edited PS if all ok on the photo I can take the softcopy home :p

irritant

hi...i managed to get some discounts for the JM plates...can contact me privately if keen. i think not very nice to reveal wat i got ba...

think i will confirm in 2 weeks to allow everyone to have ample time to decide on the design and font...please email to me with ur desired design code and font to use and words to be printed...

so far i know cher and juski interested...anyone else just feel free to email me...

pekochan81

Wah! This thread moving so fast again! Haha...

Sue> yes, like wat all the gals mention, you really gota act fast. Coz after PS, still need another 2 or 3 mths before final album is ready. So u need to work backwards the timeline.

iris, mashi &amp; cheer> thanks for the advice. Seems like the expenditure list is getting longer! haha

Christy> do share with us your GDL process!

mashi> u muz be counting down to view your pix liao rite! hehehehe