(2009) Brides of year 2009

rierie

p00h - my ROM also on 1 Nov. AD (Spore) 1 Nov. Banquet (JB) 28 Nov.

printing of cards - it's not about KS or not. rather, if u get done now, why not? why wait till last minute, rushing yourself? for mine, we're not firming up the guest list cuz we have a lot of overseas friends. so...have to wait for them to confirm flight, hotel, etc.

dzxz - our parents met and talk about GDL stuff already. but it's not during food tasting..think it's up to you..

desmondtan

Hi all, hows your preparation coming?

i have booked my JP. for those who are choosing the more popular ones, better check with them early coz i tried one and he is taken up.

done with my 2nd fitting and confirm all the gowns.. waiting for final fitting, trial make-up then photoshoot.

will be DIY-ing hand corsages and bird cage angpow holder soon.. getting all materials at the meantime.

it is getting more and more fun doing all these!! hope u gals enjoy the process too

jillz

p00h, u're realli fast.. like wat evelyn say its not abt KS anot. Its abt plannin ahead.
happy.gif
Tink me gotta realli catch up, haven even book the banquet.

zzzz

juski,

will ur skin get allergy to comestic product also? if yes need to let the MUA know also ba... i got a fren skin very sensitive... we were JMs for a fren's wedding... when she tried applying makeup for the evening... juz put on very light loose powder.. her skin start to itch... wah we panic cos she has history which her whole face turn very red after applying some products... so quickly ask her go wash her face...

precious_11

hello everyone...

Am back from my PS and back @ work too
sad.gif

Never knew that phototaking could turn out to be so tiring.. woke up with aching bones after the first day... haha...really thankful that the weather didnt screw me up on the 2nd day during my outdoor shoot... must say that i really had lots of fun during the shoot.. PGs were really funny.. i even told my htb that i knda missed their nonsense over the weekend.. felt like something was missing.. haha

So to all of you.. im sure you will have an enjoyable time too..
happy.gif

mashi_mashi

Cat,
I canot bk my JP so early. lol.. he only accept 3mths in advance. so wait til nearer date then will call him up.

lol.... hope he is available on tat date. if nt then i have to find another JP liao...

mrs_tan_to_be

Hi Mashi,
Why you dun need invitation cards? cos no dinner?

Des&jol>seem like you enjoy the planning process leh.. Hahaha.. Me just went for 2nd fitting too. Same as u, waiting for final fitting and PS. Me use my trial makeup for ROM liao..

As for corsages,will purchase it.. cos me not good in handicraft. Had planned my AD schedule too, assigned tasks to Jiemeis and Bros liao.. Now need to purchase:

1)Wedding shoes
2)GDL barang
3)Shortlist wedding marchin and photo montage songs. Had d/l but haven choose
4)Buy mattress and bed
5)Waiting for gold price to drop then go buy 4 Dian Jin
6)Guest list & sitting plan
7)Invitiation cards printing. Hotel to contact me next month.

mashi_mashi

Hui Ling,
Becoz i intend to print on my own. My hotel cards very plain de. so dun really like.
tats y i goin to JB to print. keke...

alot of tings to prepare. tis thurs goin for my 2nd fitting. if everything ok then i will wait for my PS next mth liao,
haha....

mashi_mashi

Hui Ling,
Ok lar. wan to give BS enough time to do my album.
also to cater some time in case album got prob. haha..

last time i got a fren who take PS 1 yr earlier. lol...

jillz

Evelyn, i know!! sigh.. afew venue like MMarina, Merchant Court, has been take up. So we gotta source for other location again.
sad.gif

noknok

My tensed up expiring in May lah.. dun drink can throw away liao.. so drink before PS loh.

I was pushed to go for facial when I was still studying loh.. My ai mei mum bring me along.. So like kind of stuck liao.. Facial must do long term one... and my skin is bad... either with a lot of acne, then acne clear liao becomes marks.. before marks can clear next round of acne appear.. sigh.

me0wz

hey.. updates!

me going to choose my wedding favours, theme and confirm no of tables this thurs..

already talked to PG and Emcee.. jus need to let them know reporting time..

Have also taken my album, thankyou cards and mini album.. have chosen the hand bouquet and car deco..

15th april will be guo da li, then afternoon go choose daddy's jacket, final fitting, and collect 3-in-1..

22nd april an chuang.. afternoon go collect gowns and suits.. 23rd final house cleaning, 24th mani/pedi.. 25th wedding!

roystream

Hey, back to the shoes thingy again, any1 have the address of Loe&behold, or belinda number, the number she used to put on net is uncontactable lei.....

desmondtan

Hi Hui Ling, I'm also a mrs tan-to-be! hi-5!!! haha. we are also in the midst of shortlisting songs for montage and march-in, such a tedious process! wah your hotel so fast provide u with invitation cards liao ah.. waiting for GSS to start also.

Cat, our JP is Dr. Ho Nai Kiong. There are so many recommendations from the ROM & solemnisation forum.

desmondtan

cat, I mean there are alot of other JP recommendation in this forum.. do look ard inside to shortlist one.some even have picture of them so u all can have a 1st impression of them

pebblydiamonds

yeah got 2 teasets right? 1 to be used at bride side, 1 at groom side. the one to be used at bride side, i use the one my parents used when they got married. then the one to use at groom's side, my mum will have to buy it, together with bedsheet and all the other jiazhuang right? then the set that we use at groom's side, next time my daughter can use when she chu jia. does it work like that? or i can't use my mum's? thought it'd be quite a meaningful hand-me-down..

i heard that after anchuang, nobody can go inside the room or touch the bed. but abit hard to follow right? esp if u got ur stuff in the bedroom alr.

cherie81

Hi ladies, today I receive a call from my BS. And they ask me to confirm the timing on AD for my MU. But still so far away.... how would I know, havent even plan my schedule for that day.

Does all BS do that?

agag

cherie> i guess your MUA probably has more than 1 bride on that day, must be a popular date. They probably need to coordinate the timing and see if they can accept 'new' couple which coincide with yours.

I don't think the confirmation is this early from what I heard... anyway, I have yet to book my AD BS! :p

pebblydiamonds

yup Cherie, i got that call last month from my BS already. haha. the BS wanted to schedule and fix the timing for the MUAs to start. i think mainly the banquet that they will arrange. the morning MU up to u to arrange with ur MUA in person.
n u know what, so qiao that Germaine and I have been assigned to share the same MUA. haha.

p00h

mrs lee, muz faster book venue.. what's your budget? maybe we can help??

dazz, both side parents met up, and talk abt GDL le. personally, i think better to meet earlier..

mashi_mashi

DCn33,
If print inserts then quite cheap. Tink 300pcs for RM100. Unlimited cartoon characters. Add map another RM30. So confirm cheaper than here.
If u say cards then depends on wat design u looking at. Abt Sgd1 per pc. C ur budget. Suggest u go there to c b4 u decide.

cherie81

Anticipate> Is it you cannot find a BS that you like yet?

Pebbles> OIC. Then did you fix a time with them? What time should I fix? Totally so blur on this

sparkless

mrs lee - I think you really have to settle your banquet venue soon. Like what pooh and evelyn said, why dun you list down your requirements, maybe the girls here can give you some suggestions?

dzxz- we are arranging a parents meeting session in June, since both our mums work in school so school holiday is the best for them.

pooh - no harm printing your cards earlier. you will have one task less to do.

freegoer

cherie> timing is basically depends on wat time u chu jia and wat time u need to reach the hubby side.
from there u estimate the time u need for make up and dress up.

watcatwants

Thanks Des&Jol. Yes, precisely that there are tooo many recommendations!!

Have a few in mind. Will ring them up soon just to gauge how they speak
happy.gif

saggiegirl

Pebbles> nowadays it's quite difficult to have the "hand-me-down" tea set coz different generation got different tastes
happy.gif
but freegoer's mama will use her own teaset ba... and then for me, coz my tea ceremony is at hotel, so i will bring my own
happy.gif

typically during hot dates they need to arrange MUA.. for me is that she needs to come at 6.30am as i need to leave hse by 8am latest...
happy.gif
hee hee...coz 6 dec 09 surely a lot of bridal cars and expressways will be "crowded"....

dizonne

MORNING ALL!!!

Long time no post msg le....was SUPA DUPA busy with my house shifting...haha..
Finally, everyting settled...

N, tell u all smting..u all sure laff de...that silly ex owner actuali took e effort to dismantle the metal gate, remove the wires and fuse from my auto sensor at e lift lobby, cut e electrical wires so tat mi lites dun light up, spoil e jacuzzi motor, and jammed up e electronic lock system....

wah lao..i duno whether to laff or to be angry wof such a petty and silly man...

jillz

Thanks babes!!
happy.gif

I've drop enquiry mail to the hotels that we're interested, so waitin for their reply. Currently, our budget falls ard 1k per table, but hubby has got strict detail of ballroom tat he wanted, so gotta go down to the hotel to see. ;p

Currently shortlist:
Grand Corpthrone, Furama Riverfront, HolidayInn ParkView and Novotel

Actually wat are the parents to dicuss in GDL? cos our mothers had so far talk abt those pig trotters, towel, cakes..

rierie

mrs lee - what's are the strict details set by your hubby? for our meeting-the-parents session, they were just building rapport and deciding the bridal price and stuff.

irritant

hope his new house burn down the day he move in! best if it's cos he forgot to switch off something n short circuit...just like his brain...

dizonne

haha..can u imagine a grown up man doing tat?? sm more a father of 2 sons??

wah lao..duno wat he is trying to teach his kids man...so shifty...haha..

btw, anione koes of ani airlines offering cheap airfare to HK? might be going in late may leh...any recommendations??

irritant

jetstar? 11am to 2pm today (wed) should have gd offer...but that is u can tahan the tight space lar...i took jetstar to TPE nearly wan to cry...no food no drink no space...no chio cabin crew...

yip22

Hi, i finally bought the bedsheet liao. yesday went to order the mattress from Hecom and it can only deliver on 27 Apr. seems very rush.

mrs_tan_to_be

morning all,
wah.. the printing inserts is really cheap manz.. but i think i will just stick to the std ones as my hotel is paying for the printing of inserts too.

mashi_mashi

DCn33,
there are alot of printing shop in JB.
Juz tat whether u knw where or nt n whether the place is easy to go or nt.

but then majority are going to city sq as its convienent and the price is also nt ex. n service ok. so depending on u urself wat u looking for..

Hui Ling,
since ur hotel provide printing inserts free then u shld stick. no need to spend $$ on tat.
for me is tat i also need to pay to print for inserts. tats y tinking to find other places to do lor. haha....

mashi_mashi

not superfamous!,
i tink i knw which shop u toking abt. City Sq also has tat shop outlet.

but i heard not so gd comments of this shop. so dun knw trust worthy or nt...