(2009) Brides of year 2009

irritant

oh no...15thMay...which line u in? there's a career fair coming this weekend...i'm going with friends for some seminar...u wanna come too? maybe your luck is good?

jennyd

hi jen koh,
yes, the hotel will have backup plans should it rain. i am holding my solemnization at changi village hotel's poolside and if it rains, they'll move us into shelter (i dunno where). dun worry, they won't abandon you all in the rain.
happy.gif

irritant

suntec...5th to 8th march at halls 601 to 603...11am to 8pm...

i'm going thurs after work...u wanna come too? maybe sunday going down again...

outsourced recruitment as in HR? lalaa in banking too...not sure which dept though...

fifteenmay

oh just nice.
i am working in suntec. maybe wil pop by to take a look. u thinking of changing job too?

ya,outsourced hr recruitment team in bank... first to do.. : (

irritant

orh...wanna go together or u prefer to go on ur own?

i'm going with friends to attend some seminar lar...u know like wan to go but shy need company? hahaha...

u got msn? or sms? got my number?

winnie_gal

hui: i saw u walking pass the korean tourism board. u stop awhile and walk pass to see the show..hehehe.. yup i book my HM trip to korea..

desjo_11

Vallous like holiday mood..enjoy ya

Wow, sharon, based on photos u can recongnise hui..if me, i dun tink i can recongnise any of u if bump outside..haha...

Hui, I plan to do a scrap book, cheaper & more meaningful
happy.gif

lalaa_27

ok thanx for the info Juski!

yea me in banking.. in biz ops side la Aroh..

fifteenmay.. yea financial sector doin so badly now.. sure chop off most outsource.. even 1 of my projects axe the outsource company n now gonna use in-company resources..
ur next job try not to join an outsource or vendor company.. juz to be safe.. but den again no one's job is safe lor.. none of us r indispensable
sad.gif

sorry a bit out of topic.. but does anyone haf this font called Frutiger? Aroh u have?

lettingo

desjo... i also feel that scrap book is meaningful leh but my Art not good leh

but photobooks like what vallous made is nicer as in it is printed out on book..... confirm nicer than my Art work HAHAH

but if do scrap book, anyone know where to buy the materials? do you all use Stickon album??

fifteenmay

Hi Aroh,no worries. i got a few pple to go with me. what seminar you going for? i just heard the news today so still taking time to adjust to the shock that i was let go. i am going to shanghai next week, so enjoy then come back refreshed to start again.

Lalaa, oh in biz ops... ib or wm?
yup, hit quite badly...ya looking to join in house now.
doing up my cv now.. but finding it hard to find nice words to beef it up.hahaha

lalaa_27

hahaha Aroh.. il tell Eva to dress up as a fruitgerl for u.. lol!

15may work in outsource company for bank mah.. so she can use msn.. my vendor companies use MSN liao.. my IT staff r outsourced n their network can log into msn.. so envious
sad.gif

fifteenmay

yup, cannot use MSN. on bank's server. cannot even access singaporebrides.
took half day today. no mood to work after hearing the news.

irritant

orh...cos some is limit by whole network cos very scared something gets in or out...

i also dunno wat seminar...my job is go there n sleep only...

lalaa_27

yea cos vendor IT in different netwrk, its very lecheh to trsfr data to & fro.. must go thru so many approvals n slows down the whole process! haiz..

irritant

yeah...best part...cannot use USB drives...hahha...

lalaa and 15thMay bank only 1st letter different :p

not sure if banking sector still employing...maybe consider other sectors?

lalaa_27

haha ya only 1st alphabet different for 15may n me! :p

ooh lucky my team got exception approval to use USB drive.. hee

doubt it aroh.. my bank is on hire freeeeze!

irritant

not only banks freeze lar...many other companies too...my company also freeze...raise and bonus news not good too...guess still got rice bowl should be happy le...

octo

Hi Charmaine,

I am interested to know. Did you sign up for any package etc. Sorry, I don't use msn. Can you email the details to me @ [email protected] ?

I went to its website and saw that there is some promotion thingy. I wonder if I can just print them out? Is the place crowded? Guess the upper thomson branch is closer to me, which outlet are you with?

desjo_11

oh...my scrap book more likely to stick those wedding preparation i.e bride's speech, table arrangment..wedding cards...
scrap book shld be able to get from book store ba?

sillycouple

i think its better to clarify with the hotel. cos i ever came across a hotel telling me that if it rains, they cant guarantee there will be shelter for us. its subject to availability for indoor space.

some poolside venue for considerations:
Marriott
Grand Plaza Parkroyal
Hilton
Conrad

fifteenmay

ya man, everywhere on freeze.
but got pros and cons to being made redundant now.
alot of pple affected so next employer wouldnt question so much i hope

irritant

true...if not they think the prob is on u...not the company...

if gd times kena wanna find another job will be hard if they know u got axed n not quitted...

stan chart now almost every branch open till 8pm even on sunday...seems desperate...lol...

barclays should be fine? only UK bank to have made money even when they threw so much into sponsoring the premier league...

irritant

cos most wedding things can settle is settled or in progress? then since now 15thMay started on this mar...n career fair is this week...

this has been chatroom in disguise for very long already..

oh ya..next friday is the meet up...remember!!!

junvis

yeah,, will probably do the trial soon.. have contacted chery, but i haven given her a date yet..

Went to select photos from the PS today.. Kinda satisfied with the results.. but feel the pinch cos is kinda ex for the additional top up..

karenyeo

hehee... tat's the case usually...

Well.. depending on individual budget.. best to harden your heart before the photos selection so tat we will not be psycho by the bridal studio to top up photos / pages

How long is the time frame between PS and photo selection? Shdn't be too long rite since no editing is needed yet

lovie_dovie

Helloha!~

S/N ID Wedding Date
1 Sabine 29/03/2009
2 Melissa 4/04/2009
3 edazz 18/04/2009
4 Des Loh 18/04/2009
5 Soulsista 18/04/2009
6 hpc 18/04/2009
7 glympse 18/04/2009
8 Khim 25/04/2009
9 PK 25/04/2009
10 Janine 25/04/2009
11 catz 25/04/2009
12 Jen 25/04/2009
13 Josie 25/04/2009
14 Pamelia 26/04/2009
15 Dear Dear 10/04/2009 Good Friday! Juz wondering any ladies here sharing the same date as me?
happy.gif

fifteenmay

ahaahaa. in a way its lucky i get retrenched now instead of nearer to the wedding... can take some time to recharge and hopefully find a job before my wedding...
ya i saw that barclays is hiring.. but i am keeping my options open..
next tues my last day then wed flying off to shanghai... hopefully wun think so much

comatised

I heard the poolside at Four Seasons is very pretty. I asked the coordinator about the poolside and understand each function room can cater to 50 pax. They have 2 function rooms at the poolside.

No harm meeting up with any of the coordinator at Four Seasons! I almost chose FS for my wedding venue.

FS also has a small banquet room which can take min 12 tables to 15 tables.

Cheers!

Hope this helps!

peaberry

Hey Emily, I recommend Rasel for catering.
happy.gif
They've a great spread and are really affordable, can check out their website if you google them.

cyntwy

Hi Andrea

I'm just thinking of getting my own florist to spruce up the place if the decor after renovation does not live up to my expectations. I have a theme for my wedding so not sure if after renovation, the wallpaper and carpeting will still fit in with my theme. If not, then may get my own florist to just add some light touches with ribbons or flowers.

Charmaine,

It's not a necessity to decorate the ballroom as you can choose the decor offered by the hotel; however, should you have a theme or you dont like what is offered, you can get your own florist or decor team to do up the place for you, of cos subject to hotel's approval and that you do not tear down the wallpapaer etc. All these come at a separate cost not included in your package. I've discussed my intentions with my cooridnator and she's fine if I just want to add some other touches to the decor offered by the hotel.

roystream

XKA,

u chosen all the 5 gowns? How long u took to select? ur HTB go with u? Kind of panic as i haven go down to the BS yet. btw, who is ur coordinator?