(2008) Brides of year 2008

blurbaby

Hi 08 Brides!!

I m a BTB in 2008.. i m alreadly starting collecting quotes and searching for wedding banquet venue.. Wondering what will be the price for the banquet then. Do share some idea k!

blurbaby

not early la... But AD should be in 08... ROM will be in 06! Heeee.. heee.... then i can choose better date for my AD...

How bout u timminbuzz?

jhoo

yah, its too early. you may not be able to book any hotel as their price list is not out yet.

blurbaby

Hi bLuberi,

I will be having my ROM this coming Dec 06... Should be having my AD in 08... My BS is Whitelink!

bluberi

ahBlur, i juz signed up wif a new BS called Bridal De Couture.. no thread on tis BS in the forum... haiz.. i really regret signing it on impulse last sun after seeing The NewPaper Wedding Planner 2006 as marina square just nw...

blurbaby

Blurberi,

I was there yesterday too and today cos i was @ Ritz Carlton... Saw alot of BS there too... But some of the BS did not turn up too like Sophia Wedding Collection.. How much did u paid for the deposit? If it is not alot u might consider forfeiting the deposit....

If not why not try their service? Maybe they will provide better service too..

bluberi

ahBlur, my sister keep reminding mi dat i should haf gone to the Newpaper Wedding Planner 2006 before signing up wif the BS... *sigh* i already signed liao, wat can i do??? the most is forfeit the deposit of 1k which i've paid for if i find the BS not up to my standard.

but i'll sure try their service first, who koes maybe there are good...

blurbaby

blurberi,

If u had already paid 1k for the deposit why not continue with the service... Don't bother with what ppl make comments on.. It will make u more miserable... Which u will think alot on it!

ya... I agree with u too!

Actually i paid for mine by installment... As it is still early.. plus i also very eager to get married...

Actually i choose the BS first then select date for ROM then book the venue.. As i don't want to hold it @ ROM centre... Which all mention above i had done it and also get the JP too...

Now waiting for FH to come back from overseas duty and getting the Wedding band in May/Jun...

bluberi

ahBlur, we actually wanted to pay by the credit card instalments, but had 2nd tots as we might wan to use the card for other things in case of emergency... i haf been recently whether i should bring forward my AD to 2007 but haf many things to consider first..

blurbaby

timminbuzz,

neber mind la!

blurberi,

Okay! Ya i had the same mindset as u too.. As u had said there is many things to consider too like the hotel/restaurant pricing, money save etc etc

bluberi

ahBlur, after much deliberation... my hubby and i has decided to bring forward our AD to dec'07 liao... 1 yr earlier den planned... really gotta start dieting and do some budgets liao

idealone

will the fee really go up? Well I'll be doing ROM in Jun 07 and AD Jan 08. So you gals were there for the New Paper wedding planner 06?

idealone

inflation also no choice rite? cos the banquet cannot last for so long and the prices for 08 still not known yet. cannot book early... sigh...
I have a whole lot of friends and relatives. guess have to streamline liao...

blurbaby

Ya.. Welcome Roger to this thread!

actually i am in the same situation as Roger too! I had a long list of relatives so i will need to streamline too... N it's just relatives, have not count in friends and colleagues yet!

Roger,

It all depends.. Think most likely will goes up one lar! I be ROM-ing this Dec 06! AD 07/08...

Whoooooaaaaaaoooooo... U very early leh@

idealone

Thanks Baby
happy.gif
Actually We've made some estimation and it seems that we need around 40 tables :p 10 for my family, 10 for her family and the rest all friends and work colleagues. Me and my WTB work in the same company and we share the same colleagues so somehow save a bit. Ha ha

Actually have a few ideas. (1) Invite people who we think will give more $$ in Ang Paos (2) Have a seperate buffet function for friends in some chalet area (3) Get the cheapest table possible on the market cos nobody actually remembers when you get wed or where you get wed years down the road. Ha ha ha Save the $$ for a long holiday overseas better. Pamper ourselves.

Dec 06 ROM ar? Congrats
happy.gif
Actually I'm not early cos have to plan everything in order. There are so many companies offering packages and we can take our time in choosing and comparing. If we rush last min, maybe will get chop like carrot-head. We plan to pay for everything ourselves so have to plan our finances early lor. Cannot depend on other sponsorship cos cannot gurantee that our parents will sponsor cos we come from farmer families.

I've not yet proposed yet too. But my WTB already agreed to marry me. Ha ha ha the sequence a bit wrong but heck!!! We like can liao... Just went to GoldHeart to choose a proposal ring. Well, she have to like it if not no point buying rite? The catch is that she will not know when I'll buy and when I'll give it to her and how. Ha ha ha

The suspense is enough to kill her. :p

blurbaby

Ya... I agreed too! There is too much money transaction going in between... I also hope i be able to save enough money as i am spendthrift... Haha... I just like to spend money on myself... Dono why!

So good! U went to GH? to get the ring? Omg, so good! I also like GH stuff! I already knew which pair of wedding band i wanted! Just that we need to save more money too! That's why!

My sequence also very wrong.. As we plan to get married but we are not sure, so we went to WhiteLink and signed up a package due to the pressure of the Sales Assistant and we move on from there!

I start to find the JP, restaurant and the photographer!... Actually i am quite fast as the mention above i had paid the deposit and "book" the JP...

Now is already March! Then it will be June and Sept...hahahahaha...

blurbaby

But Roger i got a question! How come some guys simply thought that wedding planning is a hassle? They even thought that wedding is a hassle and they prefer to talking bout their games, car, work and etc etc...

Which they don't know that wedding is the most important part of our life!

I wanted to have a memorable ROM which i can show to my children next time!

idealone

Well, my best guess is that nobady like to plan for a damm big event. If it's good, nobody will say anything but if it's bad, everyone will remembers and point fingers. As for me, I see it as planning for a "war" like I usually do in army and everything must plan in detail to ensure nothing goes wrong. Using the minimum resources to achieve the maximum effect. Thats y i take joy in planning for my Rom as well as AD. Ha ha ha

So in your case, you do all the job? That must be so hard on you. Poor thing. Another thing I have to tell you is that, do not be pressurised into signing up for something you are not comfortable with no matter how good is the deal. Rule of the thumb is, never talk about money on the first approach. Treat every shop that you go to as you are doing a school research project. With money in our pocket, we are the king, no matter wat we ask for, we will get it. Enjoy this privilage until you are extremely sastified of the product and services than you pay. Cos once you pay, thats the end. No more negotiating power. Ha ha ha

Well hope that we could still keep in touch till your ROM and AD cos I would like to have a look at your photos.
happy.gif

blurbaby

Roger,

U are in the Army? haha... sama sama..

Ya! I do all the planning cos he find it a trouble... N kept saying why there is a need to go through the hassle? I don't care, as it's every girl dream of their wonderful wedding since 9 years old.

Actually it's not me who is pressurised! I just want to get things done and the BS that i chosen also consider good! Actually i had not use the service yet! Will be using for my ROM... So do ur WTB also comes to forum? So funny to see the guy who comes to bridal forum...

My ROM still long way to go! I will show u the pics once it's ready!

idealone

Well my dream of a grand wedding with 200+ tables. ha ha ha but thats a dream lah. The only thing i can do is to ensure that it runs smoothly. So wats your BS has to offer? do you mind sharing? My fiancee visits this forum together with me when she comes over my place.

I know that it is wierd for a guy to come but hope that I'm welcomed.. ;)

My ROM also a long way to go... we shall share tips k? My fiancee is planning for the BS and I'm planning for the banquet. Overall in charge still me lah... just that I think she will know best which BS and gown she will look best in so i deligate her to do. Hee~ :p

blurbaby

Hi Roger,

Personally i find Sophia's gown very nice.. But i had already signed up for WhiteLink. So actually it doesn't really matters!

WhiteLink is also consider good too! Just that maybe the gowns not too much of a choice! I not sure too! Actually i did not went bridal shopping as i feels that if i feel comfortable with the one who talks to me, i will accept it...

Well, i'm the other way round! I'm in charge but my dear dear will be the one paying! Cos i don't like figures!

Ya! We shall share all the tips! Btw, u are welcomed!

honeybunny

Hello... I am new here! Roming on 28 Nov & maybe planning for AD in 2008. Anyone care to share where are you all planning to orgainse your ROM & when is your ROM Date? Can share share info as I am also in the planning process

idealone

Welcome Apple
happy.gif
I'm rather new here too... ha ha ha So having your ROM this Nov? Who do you ask to pick a good date?

Timmin, thats my dream only. But I know Suntec and Expo can take in 200+ tables ha ha ha my family is big and not to mention all the friends me and my parents have... easily hit ar... but since I'm going to pay if it myself, I'll keep it simple too...
happy.gif

timminbuzz

roger...i think i can hit too...haha...but i refuse to. Right now my church only is hitting 500, but have to be ruthless and CUT! haha...

but u're planning quite early...=)

idealone

Yes... have to be ruthless and cut cut cut!!! ha ha ha Well all those who I've cut off shall attend a chalet buffet instead. It's cheaper... ha ha ha

Planning early is my style of doing things. I do not like to do last min stuff if not kenna chop carrot head....
happy.gif

just_engaged

Hi, everyone.

Are we going to revive this thread? Getting a little quiet.

Anyway, planning AD in Dec 07/Jan 08 (same as Robert. Which date?). Care to share anyone? Bluberi, which date?

Hi, Tim/Buzz.

idealone

Thinking of Jan 28 2008...
happy.gif
Actual Day... you? Actually become quiet cos still so long away. ha ha ha :p but i already go and test the food already. ha ha ha

just_engaged

Hi,

Looking at 5 Jan 08. Not confirmed yet. Parents don't seem to like the date so thinking of alternative on 8th Dec 07/1 Jan 08? ROM and AD on same day so I even longer than you. Haha.. :eek:)

Where are you booking? How to test food so early? They let?

idealone

Do it on Jan seems to be close to CNY dun you think so? Esp mine on 28th ha ha ha anyway, my testing is one month go to one restaurant and book 1 table to test the food. Not free lah. must pay lor. Than record the setting, admosphere, parking spaces, food portion, presentation, taste.
A bit the kiasu but after short listing out some possibilities, we have to test out to know the quality. ;)

just_engaged

Er.. CNY doesn't make a difference to me as I am based overseas. Just that Jan will make it easier to take leave due to Christmas hols. Else I might just end up flying back on the actual day itself!

And I understand how you are doing it. Was wondering how you managed to get food tasting. But thought it should come free if you book a package. Is it because you doing it in rest instead of hotel? Btw, care to share where you looking at? :eek:)

marky

Roger... 200 Tables is more like a nightmare rather then dream lah! haha... U have to divide 2000 people into a table of 10! I rather not have any at all. haha....

sandsand

HI all.. just happen to pop by this thread.. interesting to see a thread for 2008 weddings already!!

Word of advise, dont book ur packages too early, wedding vendors always upgrade their packages and down the road you may find urself comparing ur package to others, wondeirng why u pay almost the same price as them and u getting lesser perks than them..

And also, you'll never know if u spot something u like after you've booked something..
hope the advice helps..

idealone

Quite true. But there is a trend of price increase if you have noticed it. They will change some stuffs and charge a higher price cos the idea is "new" thats y we still need to strike a balance to see which package is the best.
happy.gif

yu83

hi im a 2008 bride oso..tsrat planning oredi..but nw stil cant choose banquet coz too early..anione has ani bridal shop to recommend?hee thanks.

idealone

welcome seline...
happy.gif
singapore not much place to take photos so i'm planning to get a BS from malaysia. At least more place to take photos.

just_engaged

Hi, everyone.

Seline, I am thinking of getting my BS from Dang. She has been pretty good to me so far. If you want to know more/need help, let me know. :eek:)

Esther, I believe that the tong shu for 2007 will be out towards the middle of this year. Not sure if your date in 2008 falls under it.

yu83

Hi Roger and Stary

thks for replying to me..sori so long nv post been v.busy.ya i heard from my fren the bs in msia like nt bad coz she go there oso.

Hi Stary, hw the design and services of Dang?care to share with me the quote?I have a quote from z-wedding but not sure is it really value for $.can add me on msn at [email protected] or email me.thks!

jes23

Im planning to ROM early 2007 and wedding dinner at early 2008. Just started looking around, hopefully can get some advices and recommendation here
happy.gif

vineniko

Hi all,

Im having my ROM this nov 2006 and planning my AD on year 2008. I'm new to this forum.

Anyway, just need to check... when is a good time to check the tong shen for the AD for Year 2008?

just_engaged

Hi, Seline.

Sorry for the late reply. Seems like you have similar taste to me. I was also interested in Z weddings until I went there and the service I got was like "no need to look at price. all BS all the same, whether 2k or 3k. you want to sign up or not"? I just felt that they were only interested in sales even though I quite like their designs so I did not go with them for fear that I will not get good service. Not sure about you.

Actually, if you want to know more about Dang, you can go to the thread. Not very sure about her package as I am thinking of going ala-carte (MTM). But if I am not mistaken, her package is something like $4188 for MTM WG and EG, inclusive of flowers and mens suit. She seems to have very good designs as seen from her OTR so I believe that her MTM will be just as great!

If you think she is ex, you can opt to go for OTR as I believe some other brides have done with good results. Her OTR is pretty nice and she had a good range in her BS so you can go and take a look. So far, she has given me excellent service and if you decide to go to her, I believe that she will also provide you with good service if you mention me. Interested? Let me know as I can get her to give you very good and personalised service. :eek:)

just_engaged

Welcome to everyone new!

Jes, any updates on your wedding prep? BS/venue settled? Or more importantly, date? :eek:)

Vineniko, tong shu for 2007 out around middle of the year but as mentioned, not sure if 2008 falls under it. Else, you can go geomancer to get a date. Seems like many BTBs are doing that else the dates you want might be taken by the time tong shu comes out.

Janet, I am also planning ROM and AD together. Where you holding yours? BS settled so fast. That's good! MTM or OTR? Any details? Me still sourcing for mine. (P/S: How do you decide on your WG? Me getting more and more confused liao after looking at more and more... Now cannot decide on what I want)