(2008) Brides of year 2008

monkie

hello...
morning! 4 more days to go b4 we can meet..
so far, i only have Lucy's contact... err..i think i only have flora's cibtact or "lucy"?

iciclediamond

hi girls...
oh no.. looks like I am late! I have not done my guests list too!!! OMG!! I think I will go JB and print them since read that it is much cheaper...

kayjay,
I have not even seen my layout yet and my BS says can only view it in Nov?? I think a bit too late !

kayjay

icicdiamond: Once again you are not alone! I also haven't done my guest list! Thinking about it makes me feel kind of sian already! I'm thinking of doing it only in end oct leh =p and same lor~ I also have not view my layout. Hmm Nov is really quite late, but why wait till then? Maybe can try to rush them?

ermmm

oh no... dunno wat is the procedure with the photo album.. we just chose our photos last week.. when we ask our PG when we will meet him again? he said he will do the layout and send it for printing.. So means, we will see the final product (including layout) 1 week before our wedding only.. how r? HTB kinds of trusts our PG to do a nice layout for us.. We only get our selected photos (not touched up) anytime now.. sigh..

BTW ladies, have posted photos on the short gown I got from the 1st spree in multiply. Didn't take any photos earlier cos waiting for my mum to alter for me.. hehe

ezvy

Happiness & YL> Actually the si dian jin was bought before GDL and was paid by my in laws, but after wedding ask my husband to pay for it...guess becoz we earn much profit from wedding so ask HB to pay...

Ah Net> My wedding was held at Jade Room Restaurant, Hotel Royal (Newton).

lilacbliss07

jojo.. ya the owner quite flexible.. allow us to use the car for more than 24hrs.. keke... ya lor u can do ur stuffs the day before.. hehe... i tin 4 jiemeis is ok le.. even no better...

pinjie8275

Hi ladies

Hi all

For those who miss out my previous thread on the caterer...

Just to share with u a buffet caterer, Max's Cafe, located in Sunshine Plaza at Bencoolen, facing the main road toward Bras Basah.

I have used them several times le... For BBQ, house party and even my company event...

The best thing is they r very flexible... No fixed menu.. U just tell them wat u want or what is ur budget/pax and they will recommend accordingly.

Do try their pineapple rice and orange chicken chop... yum yum...

Interested can contact Mr Sim at 90225213. =)

It seems like I am very far behind le... Suddenly feel so stress... I just started looking for contractor to do my room reno... Parents-in-law doesn't seems to keen to settle the guest list... In fact, they say they dun need any invitation card.. They will just invite verbally... Like that how I control the guest list... haiz...

So stress.... =(

monkie

for inviting relatives..some ppl just reserve a few tables for relatives and leave it to parents how they are going to arrange.
like give 2 tables for parents...

jolene428

Jane = Congrats to getting the new house!!! My friend who got the queue number 32 didnt go queue for the house!!! And wow! Your hse will be faster than mine! Mine on paper is August 2012! And congrats that u can choose the EG u want
happy.gif
I think every bride will like to wear wat they want to wear for their big day!

jane = Actually, my master said hor, generally the whole day for the AD is supposed to be good for the bride and groom just that the timing recommended is the best time for them. Maybe the new timing is a second best timing la! So dont worry k? Mine he said anytime before 1pm will be very good. So we thought 9am-11am shld be a good time lah. I am worried my HB cannot wake up for the 9am so said as long as before 11am reach his hse k liao. But think we may push to an earlier time so our helpers got option to rest at Rasa (we got the bros and sis 1 room each) or go hm and rest. And also for my guests since cocktail starts at 6.30pm. And my chartered bus leave at 6pm.

jojo = dont worry, you still got time k? I think my wedding is the first among all of us on 2 nov! And i thk i only have about 5 weeks to my wedding! And my MIL hadnt started writing the names for my HB's relatives, coz she said she duno if there are any rules. Anyone know anythg abt the rules? I hadnt bought my GDL thgs too. All i did was settled my side of thgs.

jojo = AD schedule wont be hard to settle.. dont worry... emcee script and montage and thank u speech, u can do it 1-2 weeks before the wedding. Most of whom i know do them 1-2 days before the wedding!!! So settle the big picture then the details we can go into it step by step k
happy.gif

I think the number of jiemeis is up to you de
happy.gif
Initially i m also very troubled because my two grps of gd frens add up to 5 pax. And i wanted to find a few others individual frens to add up to 6 or 8 pax. But i realised getting the two grps to click and wrk on the games already quite challenging becoz they are two diff grps of people. So getting more jiemeis may not be a good idea after all. What's most important is to have your very close frens be ur jiemeis to share ur happiness..And i believe those who really love you will attend your wedding or be your jiemeis no matter where they are ^^ I have frens from KL who is coming down for my wedding specially. And i have another fren frm BKK which i am still trying to reach her becoz she told me earlier on, she wants to attend
happy.gif

jojo and jane = Ehh.. my MUA got another wedding to makeup for in the evening and my dinner in sentosa, hence there is no way she can rush back to do my EG hairstyle.. so i just got to pray hard lor... i thk i keep the same hairdo la..Heard she giving me tiara for my WG.. i like to be princess whole nite :p so tiara for EG will do oso :p Saw my multiply? Think she said she will do smthg like the one for my WG
happy.gif
I like.. but must call to remind her to bring the accessories...

tanlee = OMG... lucky u realised in time... i thk there are too many weddings lately liao.. And i insisted they must reply my email to show that they had received it. But nvm, stil got time
happy.gif
They need 1 wk to print only.

jo_vin = Wooo... wat dance will you be doing? We are thinking of dancing in for first march in and singing for second march in! But then my gown is sooooo long... dont knw hw to dance manz.. and most importantly if dance, cannot step on my gown and fall down! I got frens when wearing long train gowns totally dont dare to walk on their own coz tend to trip and fall down.. :p jialat..

jo_vin: I also like children every much! Initially i wanted to start making babies immediately after weddng but then most ppl (other than my mother) advise me to wait for min 6-9 mths before actively making babies...

1stly, coz its very hard to adjust to marriage life already, hence it is good to get used to the additional committments and responsibilities first before adding on another set of committment and responsibilities. If not, wil strain the marriage instead
happy.gif
2ndly, it is good to prepare the body 3-6 mths before gg into pregnancy. Because we may be eating unhealthy food so it is good to detox and start eating supplements like calcium and folic acid etc 3-6 mths before getting pregnant
happy.gif
So that we can give the best to the foetus development.

pink81 = I understand the struggle with mothers... sighh.. because i had my sets of problems too, thats why I am trying to do things my way, if not all my prep will come to a standstill if I allow myself to require clearance for everythg i do for my wedding. However, of coz wearring gold with the WG isnt that bad also. Ehh.. its pure gold ah?

melody = think the wedding songs you have to select wats best represent you and your FB
happy.gif
Choose a song that you both like or share sentiments with. I believe every couple has a song ^^

yvonne = gate crashing games ahh... thought shld be ur jiemeis brainstorming for you :p However, few to share from my last two experiences as jiemeis and hearsay...

1stly, qns about urself and ur family members. If he is unsure, forfeit the sour,sweet,bitter and spicy or forfeit can be push-ups or pole dance etc or physical tortures like waxing for the guys hands or legs (heard frm a recent wedding dinner i attended).

2ndly, 10 reasons why he wants to marry you and 10 reasons why you must marry him. Forfeit if answers are not satisfactory.

3rdly, draw your favourite cartoon characters At one wedding, the groom was asked to draw the bride's fav hallo kitty.

4thly, use $1 coins or lipsticks to write the word I LOVE YOU.

5thly, filling in the love contract before he is allowed to enter the bedroom. Eg. kiss you every morning before he goes to work, contribute 10% of his pay/bonus to you as allowance, wash the toilet every mth etc.

Thats all i can think of for now
happy.gif
For my case, some forfeits cannot be used. Haha.. so ma fan, so must be more creative liao...

baobei123

hihi, Jolene

ya jie mei will do tat but juz for myself i sure die die want him to sign love contract.. etc...

all those are quite standard..

jolene428

happinessbliss

Ivy < Oh I see... its ok la, just pay them back to avoid any unnecessary unhappiness. Anyway, the most important thing is that yr wedding went well and u did not make a loss. So now the next step is to nurture and concentrate on yr marriage.
happy.gif

leejeslyn

my wedding is next sat and all of a sudden, im feeling the jitters of getting married! it seems so many things undone and im feelin so stress! Nobody seems to be helpin me out and hubby remains nonclalent over all the things!

Till now, his room is still so messy and there's no way for me to pack my stuffs cos all the furnitures need to re-arrange to create more space...

All his xiong dis + driver are still not cfm for tat day! I told him to go find xiong dis whom drives so tat my jie meis cld sit their cars! But until now, he still cant tell me who will be his xiong dis and how many will that be!! Im tinkin if u wan ur frds to be xiong dis, isnt u suppose to tell them earlier??

i got another prob is the bridal car...because we using his dad's car as bridal car, we need to drive the bridal car b4 the day for car decor...but both his dad &amp; he are wking b4 the day of our wedding (my hubby juz got a new job so he cant take leave), im tinkin by the time he finish wk and get hm and we drive the car dwn isnt it veri late alr?

So many issues still undone and im feeling so stress over them!!!!

papasmurf

there's one seller who sells very nice wedding related stuff eg corsages on multiply... used to see the link in this forum but when i tried to search for it, can't find it anymore.. anyone can help?

baobei123

haha.. ok.. something like tat la..
but hor.. before he enter my room. he will read the chinese version for my parent then agreed by him and acknowledge by my parent

and aft entering my room he read the eng version to me .. agreed by him acknowledge by me.. haha

agreed by _________ acknowledge by _________

baobei123

haha.. actually got one more idea..
ask him to do hsework... ask him say i will help to do hsework and share wif the load.. then do the action of folding clothes outside my room, sweep and wipe the floor... iron the clothes as well

prepare a doll and ask him to bao pamper.. and how to prepare for milk for baby...

all tis I promise u... hahaha

baobei123

haha... then they will know gate crushing not so easy.. then hard to fetch ... more memorable for him so he will remember the contract he sign for...

jolene428

wahahaha....

stress lehh if the gatecrashing including do hsework!! the brothers all be sweating! hahahahahah... but hor, i tell u first, most guys after AD will forget the love contract :p

my fren made him agree to wash toilet once a mth lor and the bonus and the allowance.. end up he said not counted lor! wat can u do? :p

baobei123

haha...

no need his bro to sweat.. it is exclusive to him.. i dont need his bro to know how to hse work.. hahaha..

wat ever la.. juz for the fun or doing it...
if he really dont follow. i will juz replay the video again and again till he cant stand... haha...

jolene428

hahaha...

no mah, i mean his brothers will sweat = he will have no time to meet them after wedding coz he will be busy doing hsework!

haha.. i thk for men hor... as long as they help with the minimum and give allowance is very nan2 de2 liao :p

Maybe like those hsework that needs more strength to do let the men do :p Most of my frens will list our the hsework with the HB/FB and agree who do wat in future. Normally wash toilets, wash window, Mop floor, wash clothes (using hands) etc all by men or else our hands gg to be wrinkled and damaged by the detergent!!! :p

baobei123

haha.. i see...

no lor... for me i still wan him to share the load... he is working me too ma...

if i am cooking.. his job is wash the plates...
if i am moping his job is carry the pail of water for me whenever i move to...
if i am washing clothes his job to hang out the clothes..
if i am washing toliet bowl his job is wash the scrub the floor of the bathroom.. hahaha

dont finish cant go out.. hahaha.. joking la

uk_fung

Jeslyn: 4th Oct too? hee hee me also feel like suddenly it is really coming~~~ Agreed that it is getting excited, nervous, worry about things if everything plan well or not.. will it go smoothly.. anything being left out or not... Very tired yet u can't stop just got to keep going...

but then again think on the +ve side.. plan so long liao now is the last stage of coz it is suppose to be more stressful... so just keep doing the task left on your To Do list lor... hmmm guys is always like that... last min to us.. to them is just nice... but yar agreed with u that the car arrangement and XD need to get it settle.. else last min u also v hard to find ppl to help u... and u also need to plan the AD plan , arrnagment and task respilibilit of individual... maybe talk to hubby again .. guess new job more busy that's why...

If possbile maybe can ask your FIL to drive the car down for deco?? or if really can't talk to the BS again.. they should be able to arrange sth for you...

anyway be it stress or no stress things still got to be done.. choose the no stress way ba.. dun care so much just keep doing
happy.gif
focus on the task instead of the stress... me also very tired but bo bian.. just look forward to the day
happy.gif

uk_fung

angelina: yeah be +ve .. already very stressful.. so just take things easy ba.. anyway is our wedding day.. so whatever it is the day will still be very nice and wonderful.

lynnqi

Mine will be an early AD. Have to reach hub's place before 7am, which means gate crashing at 515am. ...Wondering other 1st Nov brides same timing as me too?

Worried about my troublesome neighbor 1 floor below. My parent's place renovating now and neighbor have been our time-keeper. Calling up HDB/police when the workers start/finish work a min earlier/later.

A QUES: The cakes are to be given to my parents during GDL? And invitation cards to be distributed with the cake? But its 2 weeks before AD, wont it be a rush to confirm guest list?

Jane: Tdragon was not the company not recommended by my hotel, thus cannot complain. But hub called Tdragon and told them off. Say that they will rush the cards out on Wednesday. Hopefully they do and get the number of inserts right, if not i am not going to pay the extra charges for re-prints.
Your love contract is so cute and nice
happy.gif

Jolene: ya lor. lucky hub called to check if not dunno how long more we have to wait.

Melody: I have yet to finalize my march-in songs too. Thinking of a classical piece for 1st march in, maybe Canon in D major.

uk_fung

Melody: have you meet up with your JM? List down your request to them lor.. for me I also dun want pole dance, bikini, funny food... coz really meaningless and too common... ask them change to other things ba.. maybe more on physical games lor.. and Q&amp;A ... think of the varity show ba... :p

pinjie8275

Hi

I do know that some BS or PG doesn't allow couples to choose/amend the album layouts so as to cut down the hassle...

But if time permits, I would strongly encourage couples to view the layout and design first b4 sending it for printing...

Cos we are the one paying hence must like it, right?

Also, we have to see what is the outcome after editing and if there is any areas we want more editing... I got a friend who did not have a preview before the PG proceed with the printing... Hence when the album is out, she noticed that the armpit areas not lighten hence very unslightly... She very upset over this issue... =(

jolene428

tanlee = I also asked my mother that qns before, then she said for relatives, they normally RSVP immediately after they informed them of the wedding date. So the wedding card is just a xin2 shi4 after GDL when the cakes were delivered to the bride's hse.

yvonne = i knw wat you mean
happy.gif
It's like he has to share the load of the same hsework u are doing. Actually like that not bad also, can enjoy the process together ^^ But haha.. i prefer a more efficient way :p one person do one hsework then can faster finish ^^ Coz i see my fren stuck at hm every wkend just do hsewrk.. abit like no life...

ezvy

Happiness> Yup Yup...will pay them since we earn from the banquet...

Trying to adapt to my marriage life now cause I move from Hougang to Bukit Batok....first is the duration to my work place at Paya Lebar, secondly is that I can't get to see my dog daily (is taken care by my parents as they are not working)..... will try to go home for dinner and take a look at my dog before travelling back to bukit batok when I am available..... Also plan to stay overnight on Fri evening but my HB seems like not very willing....his mindset is that since maried cannot go back to stay at "Niang Jia"..funny right??

baobei123

I dont think so leh.. 2 ppl doing work sure faster than 1 ppl..

the inital stage maybe abit slow la.. but when times go by he might be a expert.. aft the "training period" pass..

jolene428

keke :p
i thk if he does help his mother at home, shld be okay de la... hsework nt that difficult to do :p keke i just dont want make my hands wrinkled can le :p hohoho...

jolene428

keke oh ya, ermm i said my fren take all day not coz she is slow.. just coz... they just ermmm became the 'guardian' of the hse.. too obsessed with it since they spent so much time reno and deco it that they rather stay home than go out...

anyway hor, maybe different lifestyles la.. i just feel two person who only home at night, cant make the hse so dirty until every week need to wash toilet :p But of coz it just me :p

jolene428

just curious.. ermmm dont you all have a song that both u and HB like very much and represent the relationship? I think will be nice to use that song for the march in ^^

Like we use 1 of our songs to do the 2nd march in to sing in ^^ Coz we are both KTV fanatics :p

baobei123

yaya.. i will be using du de wei's songs Jia kay wo.. in the lyrics there is one sentence: zuo wo xin fu de nu ren ... jia kay wo.. wan him to say out tis words.... then will be play during the dinner time under the video montage.. while at the point he say tat the song pause and play out that sentence he said...

baobei123

yap i told him liao hahaha... he didnt say anything and smile.. but since such a happy occasion i dont think he will reject..

haiz.. where got so gd volunteer.. he not so lang man... one.. haha..yaya one more thing it is his bday on tat day too so i want him to say you are the most precious present i ever receive in my life.. hahaha

later all the guest sweat!!! haha too rou ma.. my funny ideas....

blurz_ger

hi,

i agree with pin&amp;jie. should try to view the layout and design before send for printing. unless you are very confident with the layout artist or your BS doesn't give you any choice lah.
i just viewed my album layout yesterday and there are a lot of things i want to change. :p

lynnqi

Jolene: Been living together with my hub for more than 2 years. Will be close to our 3rd year ROM anniversary when we hold our dinner.
Thats what i thought so too, how dirty can a house be when we are only home at night. But somehow dusts collects everywhere. Floor feels dirty, use 2 pcs of the magic clean mop and wah. its all black.
He is in charge of vacum/mop the whole house, and me, pretty much cleaning the rest of the house include toilet.

summer_ice

i thot most BS and PGs will let you view the layouts after you have selected the photos.. the layouts can be amended several times coz they have to amend until you're satisfied ma.. then thereafter they will send for printing de..

ermmm

thanks ladies.. sigh.. maybe will try to ask him to let us take a look when we go down to get our softcopies. BTW, does ur PG give you girls the touched up softcopies?