(2008) Brides of year 2008

sunny_piggy

hihi,

Yup. My hotel coordinator recommended them. Jasvy charged me $90 for 1st 200 and subsequent was $0.20 each. The inserts were ready quite soon like within 3 days, but we waited a bit more for them to print the ang baos (~5 working days in total).

vernwyen

lavendergirl:
i am having the same problem as yours... suddenly my father told me got this distant relative need to invite, PLUS her 2 daughters AND their families. Seriously, i dunno any one of time -_- I told my father can invite them, but he cant invite his friends liao. No choice, i was damn pissed off and upset over this for quite awhile but now i dun bother oredi. Now only looking forward to our little HM. Hang on there, 3 more weeks and everything will be over
happy.gif

straylamb:
steady! haben order cakes ah... and i tot i was late :p our GDL is next thurs, going to get the vouchers over the weekend

pinky81

sunny_piggy (sunny_piggy): How does your ang pow looks like? Do you customize them?

jo_vin: So you signed up with 1 BS (johor) and this BS took your Singapore, malaysia and desaru shoots right? I thought you took up 2 different studios leh.. because the styles in Singapore and Malaysia are so different. =P

jojo: We have not added each other right? Going to invite you soon! Also want to see your pics. =P

babyjj

waa so good u wana put on weight, jo_vin.. if onli i can pass u some... sob sob..

sunny_piggy, what ang baos u printing?

pinky, whats ur id? mention ur forum nick in the invite kk... so i'll know its u.. ^^

eunicet

Oooh, you gals who are gonna get the gowns from the first spree, SHARE PHOTOS OK!! :D Go and do your own indoor PS in your home or something, but we are dying to see them too!!
happy.gif

sportyangel

meiling : oh i c .... is it okay if we use just a normal pen not d special or cute cute one ??
i think my fh will insist to use normal pen

mrs.chiew : yeah i will also wear kua/cheongsam so i also think that bun is nicer. in d evening also must wear WG + kebaya ... so i dont have any idea which hairstyle that suit for both ?? but i prefer flower acessory

hope the MUA will figure this out (cross fingers)

flora_bliss

fiona> Ya, I haven't done my PS yet. Mine's on 25 Sep. I just had my trial makeup on last Sat. Quite ok lah. Now waiting for my 2nd fitting on 13 Sep.

nelle> At the moment, both dates are fine with me. 26th is the day after my PS, so I should be on leave.

Happy birthday to Jac, Nelle and Meiling!

lsntyl

Meiling n fionachua>ya lor. No fate to meet u gals.
sad.gif
Maybe the next next outing.

Prov>wah, sounds like fun. Hope your PS in Sydney turns out great!

lsntyl

jrgal>how have you been?
happy.gif
I like your ROM bouquet. It is 2 different roses?

green>I think wear on 1 day is ok but if your skin is sensitive, better wash after each day. That's what I'm going to do cos I find my skin itches too much after using it.

crown>thanks for the rates. I too lazy to track. :p

gingerbread_gal

fionachua,
I haven't done my PS too...when is yours? mine is quite late, 24th sept..think Florabliss' date is very close to mine....

lsntyl,
same here i also like to see gowns and dresses!! so kaypoh am i that I even went to Silhouette bridal show over the weekend!! when is your wedding day??

For the gathering, i'll prefer 26th sept....

Prov, so you've collected your gowns already?? so exciting!!

oh, i've never seen lsntyl before...nvm, we can have another gathering when she's back from her HM....btw, lsntyl, where r u going for honeymoon??
Nec, looking forward to seeing you!
happy.gif

ahnetsan

Straylamb, yeah my MIL also say after giving birth, sure no more menstrual cramp one. I wonder if it’s real or she’s jus hinting me to give birth. Haha

Dor, mrs teo at blk 85 bedok north, at the wet market there, u will see a banner saying abt wedding floral bouquet on top of the stall. But each time I go there, it’s always closed lor, dunno how to catch her. Sad.
My jms have problems deciding wat colour theme. Haha.

Anyway, tonight I went to meet up with my primary frens, 2 of them happen to my my jms too. My guy fren mentioned something about theme for jm, instead of jus using colour, why not use eg robin hood as a theme and den play around with the accessories and clothes. Dat sounded fun to us. So thinking of using dat idea. But will need some brainstorming sessions. Hee

Lavender, relax, can u talk to ur mum and persuade her to drop the idea?

Dor, most mothers will want to marry off their daughter gloriously and with a lot of “face”, but hor, why my mother so hard to please one? Dun wan this dun wan that, den in the end dun even wan to invite her siblings aka my aunts and uncles. Sianz. Make me lose face leh, as if im free like dat, or as if she jus couldn’t be bothered with the whole affair. So, in a way, I quite envy those of u whom mothers wan to invite this long distance relative lah, dat long distance relative, to me, it means dat ur mother cares abt u. in my case, my mother jus heck care leh.

ahnetsan

Wow jrgal, mrs teo bouquet very very very nice leh. gosh, I must call her and catch her liao.

Crown, why never help me check euro? Sad sad.
Btw, did u manage to choose wat u like from my fren?

ahnetsan

i want to vent something in here....

on sat i went with fh to meet our hotel coordinator. instead of jus one nite stay, now we got 2 nites stay. but hor, my irriting fh say why not change it to 2 rooms instead of 2 nites stay?? den i asked him anor room for who?? den he say for his parents, easier for them to stay and count ap and stuff like dat. and anyway, we need to return gowns and stuff like dat, in orchard area, den got erp lah, all those crap lah. den i got a bit pissed, i say y must gif ur parents the room? den the next morning wake up, must meet them for breakfast??? i was like "HELLO, I DUN WAN TO SEE THEM THE NEXT DAY AFTER OUR WEDDING LOR!!!" damn it right?

ahnetsan

den my hotel only has either orchids or red roses for the table decor and those floral stands. and i dun really like red roses lor, would prefer callas, den if i wan to change to calla, can lah, jus top up money lor. but my coordinator says no point wasting money on floral decor, cos ppl wont appreciate one. once the first dish is served, guests normally asked to remove the flowers one. i was like 'wtf'. damn it lor.

in the end, ya lah, we din top up extra cash for the change of flowers lor, really no point lor. but sianz lor, red roses. gosh.

den initially i wanted my table cloth to be black, also cannot. those old folks are really a pain lor. den i say black cloth with red table runner lah, also cannot.

in the end, chose platinum shiny for the tables and white or platinum shiny for the seat covers. sianz big time.

why is it dat i have to compromise when IT'S SUPPOSED TO MY WEDDING???!!!

koyoyo

Happy birthday meiling,
just saw the post u gers mention.. bah bah i wan to join.. but honestly i was shocked.. i told meiling all the gers here super slim how can bah bah ever form... anyway count me in.. i super bah at tummy macham everyone think i mama already... lol

koyoyo

while proviedencia ,
u going sydney? for trip or holi?? i dont think i can join u gers that week i am quite busy.. sorry.. guess i will be in for the next one..

lsntyl

Jac>my ROM is on 20 Sept and my AD is 21 Sept. Then after that, hubby and I will be jetting off to Taiwan for our PS/HM.
happy.gif

I haven't been able to join any of the outings cos join this thread late and I had something else on during the last outing.

crown

Ah Net, paisei. Was rushing for time cos the stupid carpark charge was 1/2 hr $2.20 so we only check the rates we wanted and quickly change and go
happy.gif

crayonv

~jrgal (jrgal)
<font color="ff0000">thats really a nice n Simple Bouquet! =)
Seems Like Mrs Tan rEally is a Great catch! My AD bouquet wiLL b collected on Sun 7th Sep, Keep for 1 day then 090908 to b used as 8th my JB Bridal Studio is Closed. Red Roses...Shld b Able tO Tahan la Huh...LOL</font>

~straylamb (straylamb)
<font color="aa00aa">Hmm...Bengawan SOlo. 3 days in advd for Physical Cakes, mine is the Normal Boring Marble cake w "XI", $6.80 per Box Nial...buy above i think $200 or $120 FREE Delivery to 1 location - aka my place la...
if vouchers, any time frame... =)
Hope this info helps...

as ur GDL is This Sunday...Mine is on MOnday, 010908...OMG, time is running out!!</font>

~Ah Net (ahnetsan)
<font color="0000ff">Hmm...seems like we are havin a Tough time w current damn Banquet Manager sial...y cant they try to make things happen instead of us tryin to change our preferences to compromise wat thy can Offer.

my hotel did gave us 2 nites stay but...sad...090908 checked in, checked out 110908...12pm...but we cant stayed another night as on 110908 o400hrs we have to be at the Airport to USA lo....we asked for his kindness to change the 2nd night to a voucher so we can use next time. guess wat he replied"i afraid we cant, it's not within my empowerment and hotel's practice."
KNN< feel like slapping his damn NO EQ face...
then also the to add red roses to the damn plain stand for the stage...ahhh....
sad.gif

Guess the wedding banquet gota be...frankly, nth to lOOk forward to lo, seriously....

Trench Coat, Boots....WinterTime i think the shop name, at VIVOCITy, PS, i think so. else can try JOhn Little stores, BoOts ah...i ever seen LUCKY PLAZA alot shops sells Shoes, boots, but i aint sure the pricing n Quality though...can try...

So envious, i wanna Go europe...also..sianz, wrong choice of HM...damn USD still appreciating.,.next week will change liao..
Mustafa =
USD = 1.4200
EUR = 2.0940

wah..EUR depreciates!! </font>

jo_vin

Pinky81, yup, i only signed 1 package that is from J.B. No so much money to sign so many la. Haha.. Styles different? Erm... Maybe cos of the place ba..

jojo, ya lor, all my friends say want to pass me some. I also want.. Haha.. So now i trying hard to gain more weight lor. U also very pretty ma. Saw ur pics le.. U have such big round eyes! Not like mine, so small... Hee...

vernwyen

ahnet:
hmm... dunno wan to say your fh fillal or blockhead -_-" As for the banquet arrangement, i wash hand liao. Not going to spend anything extras on deco... no point... coz the guests are turning unfamiliar... no say liao.

viv:
argh...!! USD rising...!!!!

crayonv

~~Spolitbabe

<font color="119911">ya....sibei sianz...USD appreciating...KNN.. haaa...

i m gettin mOre n more Vulgar...my wardrobe Half Done, i think i can open a Shop w the amount of clOthes tt i have...also Bras, etc, haa, already threw out n donated 4 garbage bags of clOthes, STiLL...many to clear..ahhhh!!</font>

<font color="ff0000">tml muz clear the makeup area and underneath my bed, haaa...ya, alot treasures Down there..LOL...</font>

<font size="+2">JIAYOU!! =p</font>

~sblbee~

angelina kusuma,
yes of cos u can use a normal pen....so dun worry
happy.gif

si dian jin is 4 pc of gold jewellery bought by ur mil....

jen jen,
yes i bought my sdj le....my future mil bought frm heng heng....hehehe, cos my fh's aunties know d lady boss there :p it's affordable n u can get a set for abt $2K+....

~sblbee~

providencia,
oic, do have lotsa fun there....n remember to show us ur pretty pics
happy.gif
ur gowns will b ready by den rite? looking forward to see tan yoong's gowns :p no need to buy anything lah, juz go wif an empty luggage n buy ur stuff there so dat u can travel light :p

nec,
thanks for ur well wishes! sigh....when i see me now den u'll think dat all my pics r fakes cos i ballooned so fast :p
im looking forward to see ur PS pics after my AD, it's always so jialat to have our AD during festive period...we tend to eat excessively n den all d gowns cant fit :p

fionachua,
dun worry, im sure ur MTM gown will b in time for ur PS n album to b done b4 ur AD cos ur AD is in dec....still got time so dun worry, i look forward to see ur lovely pics too
happy.gif

florabliss,
thanks for ur well wishes!

lsntyl,
yah lor, dat time ur hubby's coy got function so u cant make it....let's hope dat u can make it for d nxt outing cos after ur AD n honeymoon u shd b more free le, dun tell me u wana make bb straight after dat else wait u cant make it again :p

koyoyo,
thanks gal! it's 1 more day to my bday but den i only get to celebrate wif all my colleagues in sch during d teacher's day dinner :p it's d 2nd time dat it happened in 6 yrs....always dun get to celebrate my bday wif my loved ones on d actual day :p
yah lor, we r really d heavy weight champs as compared to all d feather weight here....seems like d bah bah club's membership is increasing....im so worried cos i kept on eating uncontrollably
sad.gif

hey gals,
i'll b going for another round of PS tis sat by my BS cos they asked my fh n i to go n help them take some sample pics, was told by my fh dat we require to bring jeans n t-shirt n shoes....i think d rest they will provide ba :p

fionachua83

jac, i think my PS should be in Sep also but dun knoe when yet? Once the gown is ready me n hubby will faster choose a date for PS liao.
Hav waited a month liao for the gown to be ready tat day i ask my hubby wat if our album canot come out on time hw? He say ask for further deduction from the BS lo n he will save some more money.

meiling, so gd ur BS ask u go for another round PS remember to take more pics to show us
happy.gif

charma97

Been reading all your thread. Ladies, no need worry lar.. you all very slim and pretty.. Unlike me, so fat and ugly.. I been fat since infant times.. No matter how and what methods i try also no use.

Btw, how much does it cost to print our names on the ang bao? If not too expensive, i may want to do it.. Heehee

porsche

hi gals, can I check if you all have booked the roast suckling pig already?

What is the size you all book? I have no idea how big is 16kg...haha...

babyjj

jo_vin ur JB BS takes the PS in SG and Msia for u? that's very good wor.. but the gown selection, fitting, etc need to go JB? Isn't that quite troublesome? But if u took in SG, so many pics and gowns, sure more than $6k... u slim slim wear what also nice.. i gotta have alot of control as i put on weight VERY easily.. lucky the eyes part can help abit in distracting pp away from my fats... :p haha!

providencia

Nelle, it's sydney in Sept, no lah, don't think you ever asked before, need anything from there?

Nec, after I come back from Sydney PS, I can share with you the to-dos and not-to-dos..
happy.gif
ya, I know wine cheap cheap, but how to bring back so many? I actually don't fancy aust wine, but will be going hunter valley one day to drink all i want.
happy.gif

LsnTYL, so sad, cannot see you, maybe next yr, we can organise a Jun-Dec Mrs gathering..
happy.gif

Jac, collecting the gowns this friday, no more fitting, he says it's a prefect fit, but need to add more beadings.

koyoyo, I die to have your height...

MeiLing, how to travel light? 1 WG, 1 EG, 1 tea dress, 1 CS, 1 suit, 1 tux, 3 shoes already take up so much space. Love my WG, workmanship is double thumbs up, still a bit hesitant abt the EG though. So nice, you'll be models for your BS?

babyjj

charma, what ang baos are u referring to? the only printing i know is for the invites... does it cost extra to add small pictures/icons on the wedding invites?

sunny_piggy

hi ladies, I went to customize the ang baos. Just a couple icon and both our names on it. I can't upload the sample pictures (not sure why size is too big. It's <200kb). Maybe you can PM me if you are interested then I'll email the picture to you?

uk_fung

SDJ I suppose neighbourhood stall will be better plus do check the gold price before you go lor.. monitor.. coz is does go up and down... and best if your MIL know the staff there... ask them cut the workmanship money etc...

angelina: kebaya is it goes well with bun better?? anyway since we come to the hairstyle thing.. here is where I get my source of different nice hairstyle for Asian :p http://verywed.com/makeup/ (sorry is a chinese website but got pic so just keep clicking the pic ba )

kinda met the 1st hiccups of my wedding.. food tasting yesterday.. argh.. disappointed.. already feedback and just hope they do sth abt it.

ebride

Morning gers...wat a cooling morning to start, nice weather 2 sleepz :mad:

angelina: nope I didnt take any pic juz a short makeup session. Hmm Maybe u can looking thru magazine or online to find sample of bridal hairstyle to shw yr MUA. As for pens, its up to individual preference.

Jen jen: I was told by the salesperson in Poh Heng that I could buy the SDJ set from the display set..Or I can mix &amp; match my own choice of jewellery if dun like their combination. She could also help u to choose the SDJ according to their budget..think 1K+ can be done except the SDJ jewellery will look thinner lol :p

Mei: U indeed our shopping queen, bought so many pens. So yr SDJ is white or yellow gold? So envy..

Mrs Chiew: So yr GDL this sun, yr mum will be flying over to join u? When Will u get to eat the "Long Feng Bing"..look yummy

lsntyl

Meiling>wah, you have good memory. I can't even remember why I couldn't make it for the last outing. Its ok lah. Hope there'll be another outing for me to mee you gals.
happy.gif
N you can't be too bah bah or your BS won't ask you to go back to help them take photos. They oso want pretty brides mah. :p

Providencia>Hopefully there'll be another chance. Jun-Dec Mrs gathering sounds fun.
happy.gif

ebride

Not sure abt the suckling pig size wo..but my mum told me that 1 kg of roasted pig meat (selling @ coffeeshop) cost $30 now. Didnt knw its so exp!Need it for AD for guest to eat..coz nt getting suckling pig, too ma fan to cut on AD itself.

uk_fung

ChEryL: my mom already back in SG. yar GDL this Sun...erm.. I think I might not have the chance to eat the long feng bing as this is use during GDL then got to keep it in fridge till the day of the Shang dou ceremony for praying... so by then already over due.. won't be eating..

er.... about the suckling pig.. hmmm usually ppl if get need to get the whole one wor.. (coz got meaning saying your PIL confirm you are vigin.. and accept you as their DIL) The whole pig is about 1meter long ba... and that kind is costing 388. You can check the thiong bahru website.. they got smaller one also.. Anyway if your mom ok then ok
happy.gif
and when you intend to serve the guest?? lunch catering time? If is dinner.. do check if your venue allow u to bring in.. coz that's usually NO NO case... tiong bahru shop selling 22/kg do ask more shop.. plus market.. market also got sell la.. impt is choose a nice one to eat ba

uk_fung

porsche: sorry missed your post.. suckling pig usually come in 3 size.. Small medium and large... if not wrong hor.. medium size got ask before is about 30+ Kg one.. so if you say 16kg it could be the small size one ba.. ask the shop is better..

anyway I have yet to book.. no need too early wor.. maybe 2-3wks before can already.. coz not chinese new year period.. or any other super big festitval time in Oct... I will be getting the Thiong bahru one.. coz after checking with many neighbourhood stall.. price is all the same.. Thiong bahru one is nice to eat and with $10 delivery [used to be FOC they changed]... (deliver to Groom house one ya.. so when u return to your niang jia. you bring together.. at least that's what I do)...more info http://www.tiongbahruroastedpig.com.sg/

vernwyen

viv:
at least yours is half done... mine is not done... keke.. and my mum grumbled almost everyday, "PACK LAH! SIT THERE PLAY PLAY PLAY (game)" The more she nag the more i dun feel like packing woah -_-"

charma97

Jojo,

those ang bao that had to give on AD.. Thinking how much does it cost to get the names printed on it.

As for the inserts, i not sure.. i printed my inserts from my hubby's workplace.