(2008) Brides of year 2008

lost_in_space

hmm.. my mother is not getting any tables from MIL.. then my MIL asked my hubby.. if my mother want pin jin 5k how? I feel so upset abt it.. I believe my mum will not want 5k.. but the thought of she not willingly to give 5k upset me..

keer13

Hi Icicle - Wow.. Another masterpiece.. My bf photography skills are really good & you can also pose so well.. Very nice pre wedding shots.. Looking at your fotos, I dun think u need to top up at your BS again more.. Haha..

Hi all, Icicle fotos makes me really tempted to do another round of photoshot.. Anyone remember my all brides PS's suggestion?? Haha.. Anyone keen to take another set of PS with Icic's bf? :D

lsntyl

Lost>wah, can understand how you feel. Maybe get both moms to meet and discuss? Perhaps your FMIL just wants to know a rough amount so she can prepare the neccessary cash?

lost_in_space

haiz.. going to meet on coming wed lor.. stressed.. seems like MIL not willing to give things lor.. can even ask me can take red wines instead of liquor.. haiz.. shake head

lost_in_space

actually.. my thinking.. since my mum not getting the tables.. meaning that she is going to return us the ang pows.. then my MIL no need to pay for my mum's tables to us.. (say 6 tables - 5k)

taking the below items issit too much?
2 liquor
12 oranges
48 boxes of cakes (cos i got many relatives)
the long feng candles
pin jin (MIL put how much we yisi yisi take)
2 boxes of pig cans
SDJ (depends what my MIL get for me)
nanny ang pow
front pig trotters (for my mother only)

any comments?

lsntyl

Lost>you still need to return some of the stuff to her right? Actually, I donno what I'll be getting for my GDL. Leave it entirely to the moms. Don't want to get stressed or unhappy over it.

My parents are not asking for any tables too and the banquet will be paid fully by FH and I so FMIL don't have to pay for it.

keer13

Opps.. sorry.. typo error.. can't delete.. i mean your bf photography.. hee..

Hi Nec - For your Greece trip last time, is it a F&E or package tour? Wonder if it will be easy to do F&E, & to go to Turkey as well..

rach10

Dear all BTBs, sorry that i have been missing for months... I finally got time to upload my gown fitting pics into the multiply...
Kindly check it out when you are free... ;)

Cheers!!!

bedazzle

YL,

I think no need to try lah. I'll just get an A cup. So
1. do u want me to meet u to go together
2. can u buy for me first then I collect fr you
3. U order for me, make arrangement w kim to leave it w her then I go and collect it on my own?
$50 is a good deal leh.

hmm... But hor, nubra hv a few variation one issit? I heard wat featherlite etc... which one's better for someone who's not so well endowed?? keke...

I just went to a store in Jurong west that sells wedding stuff. The person there will ask u ur dialect group and advise on what u need, and gather all the materials required and teach u how to use them. Do go there if you stay in the west, hvn't prepared your GDL and AD traditional stuff and r clueless abt wat to do. I dunno whether the things there are considered cheap or expensive, but my mum spent abt $250 there.

it's at Jurong west st 52, blk 506. Tel 65660311.

samanthaquekys

mei,
everyone in sch?? that's a lot of ppl. but that's nice to have lotsa friends with you on your big day. after accomodating relatives and family friends, fh n i only left with 7 tables for our own friends and colleagues. lol.. too bad intercon's max is 40 tables.

btw mei,
since you have so many pics why dun wanna have more pages then your layout won't be so cluttered.

vivien,
did you pay a lot for st regis? sorry i abt blur. never hear of that hotel before. but very nice to have everything personalised. =)

angelina,
gd luck meeting your PIL. =)

i don't interact much with my PIL. so when i hang out with them i still feel a bit awkward. plus i'll be moving in with them. i'm naturally shy so need a very LONG time to warm up to ppl.

bedazzle

hmm ... the article abt the couple... it says the couple's combined income is $6000 a mth.
How can they afford a $600k flat?!?!?

Maybe this could b a blessing in disguise. So tt they dun hv to slog their whole life and scrimp and save just to pay off the loan. $8000 might just be a small amt compared to wat they'ld hv to pay in interest to service the loan...

bedazzle

YL, strawclare,

it's really ridiculous lor. $8k income buy $600k flat. They shld increase the income ceiling mah. Even if I hv combined 10k income, I'm also doubtful of whether I can afford a $600k flat leh.

Sians, I'm also stuck leh. dun think i can take hdb loan. it's crazy lor. Imagine ur combined income is $8100, u still hv to take a bank loan leh. Really frustrating lor.

~sblbee~

mrs kel,
ehehehe....i've got no choice lah but to invite but i dun expect all to turn up....d most wld b 50% ba....hehehe, my colleague holding his wedding at intercon hotel is having d same headache as u.....
i cant have more pages le, mine is alrdy max le....it's 38 pages per albums le, no way to increase anymore, it's alrdy v thick le :p hehehe....so it's a bo bian situation cos i got too many pics le :p

necrosis

keer,
we did F&E.
fr greece, many cruises to turkey.
so you can take a few days in turkey, then return to greece or fly back from turkey.

this is what i'm trying to say:
sin-athens-greek island #1-greek island #2-turkey-sin

greek islands are wonderful places to explore. ;)
lovely beaches, gorgeous mountains, some have very happening night life, some are quaint villages (but dinner is from 10pm onwards, so there is night life still)

vivien_lim

st regis is a new 6star hotel just started end last year.their pakage is kinda high, higher then ritz, but as my dates most hotel taken up so no choice only left with them.
they go by per person charges not per table, so i also must get my guest list clear.
another thing i like abt them is their serving,it is per person serving,flower piece will stay on e table throughtout e night, unlike other hotels, they remove d flower piece once e dinner start inorder to put the dishes.
Any brides not having 3 yam seng? can share yr emcee scripts?how e emcee handle with 1 yamseng yet saying out e 3 yamseng meaning.

Dor,
Yalor govt wants more babies but we have no house to make babies leh! Life is getting so stressful & exp in Singapore. I will have same prob as u next yr, canot get hdb loan.

rach10

Nec,

Thanks! but i still need to lose more... hehe...
jus asking for opinion, do u think the gown look better without the add on pin??

simplyserene

yea... one year prep... gone in one day... now we derive fun from going with friends to BS to bargain for more things for them...

his friends have even started asking when we intend to have kids?!!! not so soon for us lah... but then again... who knows? a little wine, some romantic setting... and then something else is created along the way
happy.gif

~sblbee~

porsche,
i did consider d possibility n i chked out wif my BS but dun intend to pay another $600 for another album.....too ex le :p

vivien,
sorry i missed out ur msg on ur AD details, will update ur details when i get back to office tm :p

~sblbee~

lost,
u added me at multiply le rite? r u audrey lee? heheheh.....can i view ur pics too? in case u r not, den add me at sblbee :p

lsntyl,
heheheh....im glad today's responds r rather positive when i continue to give out my 2nd batch of invites, aiyah i dun care le....tm continue to give out as many as possible...:p

ahnetsan

Oic, den dat couple poor thing, cannot sell the flat and will be hard on their cpf and cash. Sad. Anyway, dat boon keng area too expensive lor, siao one. Wah siao, they never plan properly meh? Combined income $6k, hw come afford a $600k flat??? Pay until die liao also cannot finish paying la. Aiyo

I hate living in sg! Expenses are getting higher and higher!! Here stupid govt wan ppl to take public transport, den on the other hand, they building more roads. Wat’s their problem now? Wan ppl to take public transport. Yet build more roads for vehicles. Everyday the trains and buses so crowded. Wan encourage ppl take public transport, den add more trains and make the trains longer la. Irritating. Petrol prices keep rising… den nw drop a few cents only. Nw one old chang kee curry puff costs $1.20. it was only $1 before. Sorry, me jus complaining. Jus sick of the life here

Yeah must take care lor. Sianz leh, eat the medicine until super sian. Dun even knw hw and when bacterial attack.

Wah only Citibank card can ar? My Citibank card cannot sign $4k liao leh. haha. Dbs card got any promotion mah? Samsonite is very good. Me and fh gg to the natas fair, hopefully can find something within our budget. We might go for a short one this time. Den next time save more money den go somewhere further.

ahnetsan

wah i din knw must buy new clothes to wear after wedding. must wear new clothes everyday or only the day after wedding ar? why my mum knows nuts abt such things one

ahnetsan

hmmm, 2 of my colleagues giving birth in aug. so fast.

ytd i went for my manicure. my manicurist also pregnant. due in feb next yr. so nice. hw i wish i also pregnant. haha.

green, nvr mind lah, i rent u half of the space under SLE bridge. haha. cheap cheap. hee

why are so many of u buying nubra? is nubra really good? my fren used dat during her wedding, but i thk due to sweat, on her wedding night, she had rashes and red marks on her breasts area leh. i read abt featherlite nubra. is it good too? i din knw suntec got cart selling nubra.
happy.gif

princess_sue

cheryl,

yup i also hope no more travelling otherwise i really have no time for my wedding. In fact i didnt have time to do anything.

mei, dun worry, i also have the pre marital blues... i feel so frustrtaed coz many things not done... i feel so stress after seeing you gals having done so much...

you gals... take care. i m flying tm... as usual.. keep me updated.. hehe :p

lsntyl

Meiling>gave out invites to my office colleagues today too. So far ok lah. Anyway, my family and closest friends will be there. That's most important.
happy.gif

Lost>have you added me in multiply? ilynt1.
happy.gif

jrgal

YL> i can only screen thru the posts tat has msgs for me cos there are SO MANY in juz one day!!ha..tis post is reali active!ha..i nw doing part time studies(dun knw y i did it too especially when my wedding is coming up soon) so i hv to get back to my books in order to rush out assignments and there are alot of readings to do..i kind of regret liao to start at tis period..anyway,i end up using zhang nu! ha..realised ppl don reali notice whn we distribute cos onli the venue n date matters to them..

rachel>i gave him 68 lor..bt i tink i may hv to get him to write a few more..my 25 includes my hubby n my side's cards!! so few rite.. u very stylo.!still can help ur MIL write..ha..btw, saw ur GDL pics..super nice!!hee..nw change my GDL date liao,gonna be on ur wedding date..hee

jrgal

ah net> i watched the show on monday liao!!hee..went for the movie gala..i like it leh..although paper critics don rate them very well..i feel it reflects average singaporean's life,which is Jack neo's style..thumbs up for him! one thing is alot of hokkien dialogues..

ahnetsan

wow, jrgal, u watched the movie gala. cool. hmmm, i din knw paper critics dun rate this show very well leh. but i guess it should reflect the typical singaporean's life. haha. i think i will watch it tmr.

lsntyl

Dor>I don't mind any of your 3 options. You decide then tell me. Featherlite is the light-weight one but not much padding. Super-padded is the one I got. Like a normal bra only with adhesive inside. You can read about the diff at http://reviews.ebay.com/FAQs-on-the-NuBra-Silicone-Adhesive-Bras_W0QQugidZ10000000004003560QQ_trksidZp3286.c0.m17

Dor>I know what you mean. What to do. My friends who have combined of more than 8K feel v cheated. Sg citizens but cannot buy direct from HDB, not entitled to the HDB grant of 30/40K and oso cannot get HDB loan. But yet, they are not earning enough to be able to afford a private condo...

Net>waxie oreadi confirmed the gathering at 7 at Nihon Mura, Cathay

gingerbread_gal

I can share my 'motto' regarding invites??
Invite people whom you love and who love you. I feel this is the most important part of your wedding. in this case, everyone who is at your wedding will be truly happy for you and you sure can feel it.

Meiling,
i'm receiving so many email alerts from multiply regarding your layout....you really do have many pics!! and the layouts are really nice...some of them i feel are very you. No lah, dun keep the albums in storeroom...place them in living room so you and your guests can cont to browse through them

~sblbee~

sue,
bon voyage! gona miss u n hope to cya back soon....shall meet up n catch up soon ok?
happy.gif

dun worry abt a thing, my dear gal, if u need help, u know who to call rite?
happy.gif
there's still time, dun b too stressed up ok?
happy.gif

~sblbee~

lsntyl,
yah i agree too....wat matters most is dat close families n frens celebrate d special occasion wif us....their presence really counts
happy.gif

jac,
yeah gal! thanks for sharing ur motto!
happy.gif
hehehhe....yah, i was surprised to see so many remarks juz today, had no time to respond to so many....thanks for ur compliments! i shall convey d msg to jimmy
happy.gif

hehehhe...since i dun have my own place yet, d albums will b hidden in d cupboard n will only see daylight when i have my own place :p

happinessbliss

YL < Erm... i'm thinking of getting nubra also... but cos i got very very sensitive skin thats y still thinking... hmmm....

Ah net < Ya i also want to save more $$ also then go for my HM... kekeke.... no, actually we planning to go UK... wan to go London for visiting....but to go Europe needs long leave, thats y can't leave immediately after my AD... haiz....

lsntyl

happiness>hmm, if your skin v sensitive, then maybe better not try. Mine is ok although after long day, can get a bit itchy.

sourduck

hi all...i am a Dec 08 bride too. getting married on 27 Dec 2008 at the Singapore Zoo. MMy bridal is The Aisle Bridal Studio. I have added u all in multiply

Net,
DBS card have extra $100 discounts off the tour packages.

Fanny,
U are right.
"Citibank dividend cant get cash back for banquets"
I checked the terms under Citibank site b4.

Lsn,
I have sensitive skin &amp; sweat a lot haha.

Gals,
How long does the whole resale process take? From Option to Purchase to last Appointment. I need to plan when to start viewing units &amp; when to apply HLE letter? The HLE letter is only valid for 3mths, what if it expires at the last Appointment?

Thanks.

sportyangel

hai mrs.kel thanks for your support
a bit ackward when u move in to their house right?
lucky my FH only stay with his sister

but anyway, im also ackward to interact with my PIL coz his mother only speak chinese n i can only speak english..so difficult

sue, dont worry anout the things ... im sure one by one you will put it together ..
seems a lot things to do, but when u start it .. it will goes as it flows
im also stil headache with my FH koa ... n also d invitation n guest list

good luck for u , n bon voyage

rayrachel

Yup.. i'm using both A &amp; B.. for different kind of clothings....

YL> Mine also quite far apart.. but wont be pointed.. coz the padded is sooo round.. hahahha....

green> if u are using NuBRa wont fall out de la...its very sticky.. but if u are using other imitation brands then no guarantee la.. its so sticky loh..when i take out also a little pain one loh... hahah..like u put scotch tape on ur hand and then u try taking it off like that... how to fall out? if its inside ur gowns.. sooo tight drop where? heheh..
happy.gif

Happiness> get from Kim cheaper.. dun get from SUntec.. it'll be at retail price.. we email her...we get $20 discount loh.. more than that.. $79 to $50.. its $29 cheaper leh.. can buy 2 if top up a bit more loh.. hehe..
happy.gif

Email YL la..she can consolidate for u.
happy.gif

dor> SUper Padded is good enough loh..
happy.gif

Thanks everyone for the tips about Nubra. I think I'll get 1 pair of cup B. Will try them out at toilet with Kim. If not suitable for wedding gowns, I can use them for normal wear
happy.gif

earthsea

Hi everyone, I'm back :D Just did my PS on Wed, blessed with terrific weather. It was lots of fun, and we didn't tire ourselves out with too many locations, stuck to a temple down the road from the BS, Botanic Gardens and an abandoned colonial house. My best friend came along as my helper and was invaluable. She took so many photos my camera ran out of battery and we had to switch to hers! Ha ha, kudos also to our PG who was nice enough to let her snap away in the background (I mean, in the end, you can't beat the pro what). Also, because I didn't take the outdoor gown but wore my own gown, the BS let me take my AD EG out, which was great cos the colour looks so nice in daylight, yay!

Photos are here:
http://soratian.multiply.com/photos/album/15/Photoshoot

crayonv

<font color="ff0000">hi all Ladies....</font>

<font color="119911">getting kinda jittery as wedding date is nearing...090908...., approx 1mth to go...yet i aint losing any weight le, i also din exercise..OMG, so lazy...i wanna have tone arms le..haaan slimmer waist if i can make it in 1mth's time!
GDL stuff haven acpy mum to go see at chinatown, really stress up as like many things to buy...grrgh...$$$ outflow..
Haven Book cakes also, shld i get half vouchers/half real cakes or wat....50 boxes le (frm initial 60 boxes)
Also haven try walk on my wedding shoes, as need to practise la b4 AD, play safe...
My "NuBra"....so far so good that time buy n worn for PS, haaa.....</font>
<font color="aa00aa">Manicure n Pedicure duno shld go for wat kind, Normal or those acrylic..but i wear Contact lens, havin Long nails may break my lens n i will ahv difficulty in putting on N removing them...
My Current bedroom still ion damn Mess...gt so many STuff!!! clothes, bags, mags, boOks, skincare, blah blah....n TOYS~!! (barbie dolls, Sally secret, Polly Pockets...Haaaa...) Juz cant bear to dump them la...
I m gettin So STRESSS up!!</font>

<font color="ff6000">juz wanna babble here...</font>

<blink>2nd Aug 2008, sat i shall b gg Expo for the events (cept NATAS) w my hubby....haaaa</blink>