(2008) Brides of year 2008

uk_fung

Still got ALOT of time ba hahaha

Mei ask you that time you print some sticker right? is you print yourself one or get China town there got shop print?? I forget who's the bride have her sticker print in China town.. wanna know the price of printing

clareliu

fanny> yes heard from my papa is tat have to burn the candles from morning till the candle finish. Quite troublesome de.
For me, we just place it at the alter w/o lighting it. coz future sis-in-law havin confinement at his home. so on the AD, we will go his home pray to his dad alter then leave within 5 mins.

~sblbee~

mrs chiew,
hehehehe...yah i DIY print it on my own de....most of my things i DIY - my AP box, guest card box, ROM cards, stickers n guest signature cards....hehehe, cos too small qty do outside v ex de :p

waxie24

fanny> i suggest u try to push the date earlier.. cos i realise sometimes bridal shop they will last min delay.. u push it earlier.. then u will have buffering time....

dor> the names for ur friend invite.. jus put wat u normally call them by.. if u call her Mary.. then jus write Mary..

lsntyl

For my friends, I only put their names. Eg: John, Mary, etc. But a lot of my friends prefer evites. At first I worry I'll have not enough cards. Now, I think I printed too many cards le. :p

berry_egg

hi praisey... you guys really darling to take photos at little india!!!! kudos man.

but really a nice photo..evokes our local culture.

dodolet

Gals ah,

Can help me to think of places to go for the following :
1) kelong like places
2) beautiful lakes
3) old abandon places
4) beautiful churches
5) Cheena looking places.

I having fotoshoot next week and still clueless.. Bf say anything also can >.<

uk_fung

True
happy.gif
okok thanks for your info

gingerbread_gal

Lsntyl,
ya hor...i'm blur...yeah, its amidala

I'm confused...i thought DBSS is the design build scheme whereby private developers will take over the project?

meiling,
i think the stringency in the hdb application might be having some deterrent effect....how many 4 rms are there? when will the flats be ready?? hehe, you also want to spend the money on shopping instead right?

gingerbread_gal

sotong,
the kelong like places...go check out iciclediamond's outdoor PS...there's a place that looked like kelong

beautiful lakes - hmmm like didn't see any in s'pore....as in the beautiful part

think your PG might know some of the abandon places?
i'm thinking of going to a church for PS...i think some popular ones are st theresa church and st joseph

cheena places ah...chinatown?? some restaurants have very nice chinese decor...prob is getting in there for PS.

ahnetsan

My xi bing will be the typical cantonese wife biscuits kind. Heard from MIL tat it’s quite expensive. Heng ar, im nt the one paying. If nt, I sure choose the bengawan cake one. Cheaper.

I also took my hotel’s invite cards, we only paid the printing costs. No point getting super ex or super nice invites, ppl will still throw away de.

Wah fanny, u letting ur PIL staying overnight in the same hotel with u on ur AD??!! Wah… steady la u. I sure faint one if my PIL staying overnight….

Msbean, I’ve sms my frens inviting them to the wedding. As for cards, I think I have to send out in 7th mth leh. colleagues and frens mayb I can pass to them in early sept. since I’ve already smsed my frens liao. As for the parents’ relatives, I also dunno wat’s the arrangement.

Wah lsntyl, you so fast!! Already sent out invites liao. Cool. Yeah I also thk it’s not impt abt the jiemeis ang pow. If nt we will faint leh. if the jiemeis really very bad one, die die also must have dat amount, den I guess my fh will not bother abt the gatecrashing liao, he and his xiong dis will definitely jus go off and forget abt the whole thing liao. Den I will be stranded, having a run-away groom. Hahaha.

Dor, I guess my invites will be informal for frens and colleagues. I wont add Mr and Mrs. I will only write the names. As for the relatives side, it’s up to the parents wat kinda format they want to use.

Fanny, for me, my parents have to give my fh an ang pow for “buying pantsâ€. In cantonese it symbolizes luck and prosperity for the groom. Small small amt can liao, it’s jus a symbol only. Den I have to give ang pow to fh’s grandparents.
Im not sure abt the dragon and phoenix candles. My MIL say no need, dun wan those elaborate ones, my mum worse, super heck care, so it’s best dun need the candles. And my crazy mum says the candles is scary, cos it cannot break at all, if burn half way, it breaks, den it will mean the marriage will not last. Nonsense I think, but heng I dun have such rituals.

Haiz, I really dun understand y ur PIL wan to do tea ceremony at ur new home lor. And I seriously dun think u can reach ur mum’s plc at 12noon lor. Seems like too rushed and not enough time like dat. Den if buffet and tea ceremony at ur new home, who’s gg to clear up for u? whr got ppl do like dat one in new home? Normally it’s tea ceremony at PIL’s plc, den photoshooting, den to mum’s plc, or mum’s plc first den photoshooting, den love nest or hotel mah. Weird leh. ya lor, where got bride go into groom’s parents and it’s quiet one? Supposed to have relatives there, noisy, lively one mah. No one thr, weird leh, as if the bride not welcomed like dat. Weird leh. mayb get ur fh to talk to his parents again?

Fanny, wat wedding album and stuff? Wat other stuff u referring to? I think ok ba, for album. My fren only collected her album the day before her wedding, cos in her case, its cos she postponed the PS, and den not enough time to do the album, so bo bian, can only collect a day before. But den hor, wat if the BS got delay den how? I think better to collect earlier a bit ba. Jus to play safe.

Lsntyl, same same, I also think we printed too many cards. Plus wif my mum now not willing to invite her relatives, dat leaves us extra cards. Irritating mum I have, dunno wat she wants now!

praisey

721105.jpg

check out the slippers. Haha

yeah, princess L is his daughter, tat will be incest. we always go little india shopping at mustafa, so thought that it will be interesting. But on a sunday is very challenging.

my photographer did a great job i must say.

providencia

Wow, praisey, i love the kissing shots, really well done. I always thought that Little India is a little intimidating, esp on Sunday, but this gives a totally different feel to the area.

MeiLing, another dose of luck for you!!

Jac, DBSS is just a HDB which is not built by HDB.. ha ha, do i confuse you?

lsntyl

Jac>yes, DBSS is the design and build scheme by private developers. But unlike EC, it does not have condo facilities and the pay limit is 8K. EC got basic condo facilities (swimming pool, security, etc) and limit is 10K.

ya, normally, I avoid Little india on Sundays. But this is interesting.
happy.gif

lsntyl

I'm sorry but what's wrong with PIL staying in same hotel? They are not in same room wad...

The extra cards we keep as souvenirs lor. Have more cards better than not enough cards.
happy.gif

Fanny>my FMIL got say must buy pants and wallet and belt for my FH and buy shoes for my future brother in law. I don't really care what its meant for. They say buy, we buy. Less hassle.
happy.gif

melo_ddy

Mei, Polar, both of u can go early and be the first in the queue, then wont hv to wait haha..

Mrs chiew, i also wanna take SQ to US but the tix are too ex
sad.gif
Yah taxes are very high, my air tix taxes was abt 620, as much as the air fare. Maybe by next week more travel dates will be released...

waxie24

i brought my FH to buy pants leh. so that he can wear on our AD instead of giving angbao.. hehe.. we also skipping the candles..

i think same hotel ok la.. my hotel give me special rate: so i m getting 2 room.. 1 for PIL.. 1 for my parents.. FH say must be fair to both.. hehe

gingerbread_gal

oh i see now.... still rather unfamiliar with hdb terms...thanks gals!

I used to stay in little india when i was young...we never go down during sundays...it was too intimidating for us! love the curry fish head there though!!

praisey, the slippers add on to the cool factor...though i didn't notice it till you said so....and yeah, like what prov said, the shots gave a very different feel....did the ppl there just gather around you guys to see see look look??
yes, your PG is great...he was one of my choice for AD PG but too bad we didn't get him.

polarwhite80

meiling,

i more jialat leh... i take from 15th to 22th leh.... hahaha.... 1 wk ah....

i found online:

What to bring for Verification and Statutory Declaration
a) Filing Instructions (to reprint a copy, go to: www.rom.gov.sg, 'Retrieve Filing Instructions').
b) Original NRIC (Identity Card) for citizen / Passport for non-citizen
c) Your witnesses' identity documents (NRIC if he/she is a citizen/PR and passport if he/she is a non-citizen). You may bring originals or copies.
d) Solemniser's Consent Form (need not be original)
e) Final divorce papers or death certificate of spouse if applicable (this document is strictly for your own reference).
f) Click here to download a copy of the Immigration Notice

antakusuma

M> haha i am quite busy traveling ley... but in between travel we got busy other things la. haha. But i can't believe u all trying already!

PSH> wah thanks for ur compliments! I just got my coffee table album, its on my blog actually. http://www.thirdmay.net/2008/07/moment-ive-been-waiting-for.html

I paid quite a bit for gabriel, he was my biggest expense but i look back at the pictures it was really worth it lor, its in the range of 4K plus.

Dorisq> thank u thank u for ur compliment.

jo_vin

I will be going to see the edited designs and photos this sunday, and after that, BS can send all my photos for printing! Should be able to collect next month! So excited..

Went for my dance lesson last night and it was so fun! So funny also, i couldn't coordinate my hands and legs. Haha!

cyc

melody, i got my furniture from the white collection, vhive, and a shop in furniture mall. check out furniture mall.. got a lot of furniture to choose from.

i don't recommend my contractor.. very slow. always late. rubber timing. cheryl gave me a few contacts previously.. can ask if she still have. if not, i can check my email to see if i still have her email..

uk, i can't leave on 20 oct.. yes. dinner on 23rd. also, found out that Greece will be quite cold in year end? and many islands will be closed?

mei and polar, i plan to disappear for 3 wks! from 15 oct - 7 Nov. 14 days annual leave, 3 days marriage leave. not sure if will be approved though.. haha..

rjwedding

hi nehoc.. am I on ur multiply list?? if not, can add me at jyyf?? i will load my photos too by this weekends, so u can take a look at it at my multiply too.. now too lazy to load.. so many photos..

hi praisey: those indians still so sporty to take this photo for u.. i remembered my PS, people see camera, they straight away walk away.. did ur PG tell them to shout?? looks like they are happy to be part of ur photo too..
happy.gif

kellyduffy

wow.. so many discussions..

we haven asked about the auspicious timing.. will prob check it out in Sept..
happy.gif

anyone ROM on AD? Have you gals found your JP? I am in search for solemniser, let me know if you have someone to recommend...

I had asked a few (Prof Yu, Mr Chia TY) but they are not available for the timing that we want.
sad.gif

happi_bride

my hotel v smart, say if i bring in 1.5l bottle, they will charge me equivalent to 2 bottle of corkage!

i hv only abt 160 guests (16 tsbles), hotel gives me free 16 botttles of wine, i think i need to buy another 8 more enough? i said source these 8 bottles from outside byt HTB say too troublesome, buy from hotel can already. its $30++ per bottle. Corkage at $15++ per bottle.

mary_poppins

Hi praisey, your wedding is full of creative details. I guess they will be the most treasured memories for the whole of your life.

Hi LSnTYL, I have added you in multiply. Meiling is exaggerating. Everyone will have nice wedding photos. Nothing very special about the photos I have posted.

praisey

singaporean see camera, sure siam. little india is opposite, they like to see see look look. The raising hands part was co-ordinated and they are happy to participate.

praisey

maybe we didn't plan it as a wedding, just want to have fun. and the luncheon part helps becos we still have energy to play and go little india on sunday 4pm. i am sure everyone will have their fun.

mary_poppins

Hi sleepygal, I am going to buy the ampoule from this lady called Catherine. Is she the same person whom you bought the ampoule from? My HTB is planning to go for the photo selection on 9 Aug, national day, which is one week after you. Dunno why he want to go on that day. Actually if we want to go on 2 Aug, the photos should be ready as well... Do you think you will be tempted to top up? Feel that YKS is really a very good PG. The photos will look very nice.

Hi jo_vin, can understand your excitement cos most of us are like you. Your photos will surely be very nice! Do share with us when you get them, ok?

ahnetsan

lsntyl, nth's wrong wif dat. u scroll up and read abt my last nite's post ba.

waxie, at least ur hotel gave u special rate. my hotel is $1000 per nite. for me n fh, it's nt ok lor, cos we wldnt PIL to stay overnite instead of frens and wldnt wan to have breakfast together the next day with PIL.
happy.gif

babyiguana

Finally everything is over.. And I'm glad that I had split into 2 days in a week.. Not so tired..
Dinner went well.. I played a song for my hubby and he was in total shock!! haha...
My EG was abit lose coz didnt know that i lost weight again in a week.. =(
But in summary, everything went well!! =)
All the best to the rest whose wedding is coming!! =)

babyjj

kelly, im gonna ROM on AD.. tried asking a few JPs but they cant make it also.. what time u intend to have ur solemnisation?

vernwyen

msbean:
i find it's still alright for you to send out your invites in early sep as your AD is in end sep. Mine headache ah, my AD 2nd week of sep and invites are ready only this friday. Now thinking of sending emails to my friends 1st and ask them rsvp, follow by a formal invite in sep.
I did not make angpao box also, lazy :D Hopefully my BQ restaurant does provide.

bubbly:
where do we place the dragon/phoenix candles? My fh side no alter eh... burn in the room ah? But room we have the bedside lamps liao *blur*

fanny:
which dialect are you? Still need to give money for PIL to buy clothing? My mum did not mention abt tat before. Tat's a very old tradition i suppose.

sanza

Hi Ashley,

U got very beautiful pics... u both looked very natural..
happy.gif
i'm esp impressed with the "Little India" photos series.. haahaha... really fun &amp; having all the "ah-neh" staring &amp; surrounding u both!! hahahaha

ahnetsan

sometimes i wonder who started all this chinese wedding traditional customs things...

btw, anyone of u watch the channel 55 9pm Tang Xin Feng Bao? i think it's ending soon le. i love the drama.... cried last nite and jus nw.... i think i will go buy the drama vcd.
happy.gif

polarwhite80

hi cyc,

u more power lor.... wanna MIA for 3wks !!!! eh, u 1 straight clear 1yr accumulated leave ah ??? for my 1 wk, i am using all marriage leave + 1 day leave..... hahaha.... FOC leaves.... heee.... *evil*

clareliu

huh hmm ur fh home no alter.. Check w ur in-law/parents. but i dun reali tink can put in bedroom. Usually is at living room alter. bedroom only the bedroom lamp muz on with the an-chuang items on the bed.

bedazzle

I'm v v v stressed out now... my photoshoot is screwed up...

Supposed to hv it done last week. But because of my photographer's "accident" it's postponed. And now, we can't agree on a date for the shoot!!! It's either the photographer can't make it or the MUA busy. Somemore my bf is not in Singapore!! I'm going crazy. argh...

vernwyen

dor:
oh dear... is there another PG or MUA to suit the timing? when's your fh coming back?

bubbly:
guess gotta ask my mum oredi, she did bring up the candles issue but i forgot to tell her my fh house no alter.

YL:
dun have angpao box ah... geez... gotta make liao.

pinky81

chimes (jazzy_chimes): I did it a day before my photoshoot. Actually, soon after I stepped out of the nail salon, I got scratches already. Nail colour just don't last on me, be it OPI or those normal $2 nail polish.

jo_vin (jo_vin): I really hope so! Luckily not many close up pictures of my nails. Btw, do show us your pictures when you received them!

Kelly (kellyduffy): I have found mine as we sort of know him. So chope him already before we can even book our dates online. =P

Updates: I just collected my unedited soft copies of our photos from my PG! Now we are undergoing selection to make into album. Excited!

eunicet

Hellooo...

Haven't been very active on this forum for a bit, but have been keeping up with the conversations though...
happy.gif

Anyway, SotongLet...How many places will you get to go for your photoshoot? With regard to beautiful lakes, I guess MacRitchie is quite pretty if you go further in onto the boardwalks...I also think Lower Peirce has the potential to look quite pretty...There are also these vast lands of green between Upper and Lower Peirce Reservoirs...As for churches, yah lor, we talked abt St. Theresa's...And for cheena places, I went to Tanjong Pagar area for the shophouse-type cheena buildings!
happy.gif
Don't worry lah, whatever the backdrop, you're the star!!
happy.gif

lsntyl

Dor>cool down. Stress not good for you. Check with your BS if they can give you another (hopefully even better) PG or MUA. Its not your fault that the first PS was postponed so its their obligation to make sure it goes smoothly. At most, employ a freelance MUA and bargain with your BS to pay for her services?

Spoiltbabe>maybe you better double-check with Pam when you go for your food tasting. I don't remember seeing an angbao-box in the package but maybe they have one that they can lend yuo? They do have 2 options for the guest book though. One white and one red. Must tell me which one you choose. :p