(2008) Brides of year 2008

clareliu

i dun kw how to shop for good quality queen size mattress lei.. any gd advice? which brand gd? simmon seem too be exp. I been usin king koil.

rach>ur hubby workin as?

calvinz21

Hi all BTB,

any one got any good recommendation to buy/loan gowns? Thinking of getting one for a simple tea ceremony for my fiancee.

miss_mango

hi gals,

>> icicdiamond: k will drop by to city plaza for the shoes hunting then ... tks hee.

>> pin&jie8275 (pinjie8275) : yup our AD on the same day
happy.gif
im not on multiply but im on facebook : [email protected]

Gals, shall we all xhchange for facebook contacts too? Add mi if u r in then we can share our photos updates in there too
happy.gif

jo_vin

Oh ya, invitation cards & food tasting too.. Ya, actually still got loads to do.. Sigh... But as the time comes nearer, the more excited it is..

dodolet

my father wanted suckling pig for dinner for all the guests. Good thing my hotel has the diy cold dish desgin where you can choose 5 items from a list of 15 cold dish items. So, it saves me from topping up anything for the suckling pig.

I wonder can I bring the pig to hotel and get them to add on to the suckling pigs they giving out.. LOL

lsntyl

Meiling>hee, I cannot use that excuse. Cos everytime they roast pork or char siu, I always eat a lot. :p No choice leh. My mom told my FMIL don't need pork trotters and suckling pig but FMIL insist so my mom say just accept lor.

providencia

LSnTYL, I can join your "we killed so many piglets" camp. They also insisted on having a pig for every table.
sad.gif

MeiLing, u damm funny, like real u are halal, who's gonna believe you? Lol. Try allergy lah, but u better never eat pork in front of them, ha ha.

Koyoyo, that's my attitude too, I'll do whatever you ask me to, as long as it's reasonable.
happy.gif
Resistance is futile.
happy.gif

lost_in_space

LsnTYL, the fresh pig trotters is for ur mother..
it's usually the front pig leg placed on a place with oranges and ang baos.. to be given to ur mother when the groom comes into the bride's house.. it represents the mother's hardwork to raise her daugther by washing her diapers etc..

I want to have the pig initially because it's nice to have one.. and distribute to my relatives.. but my dad he dun wan.. he said mafan.. and he will have to cut it properly and return to the groom's parents.. so dun wan.. so he said just get the trotter cans to replace the pig.. haha.. but now cannot find cans.. it's my MIL's problem.. dun care..

I'm also having suckling pig inside my cold dish.. not the whole pig :p so me not so sinful as compared to providencia & LSnTYL

sotong.. u can bring the pig to the hotel for add on.. but for ur relatives nia..
happy.gif

another point to share.. bride is not allowed to eat her own wedding cakes and GDL stuffs.. haha..
and the pig represent purity and virginity of the bride, hence if the pig ears is gone.. then mean that the bride is not virgin..
happy.gif

lsntyl

sotonglet>I think u can bring the pig to the hotel wor. cos my FMIL said normally the family cannot finish the suckling pig so will bring it to the restaurant/hotel. But this one can only serve to bride side as it is a gift from groom side to bride side. That's why still must have suckling pig for every table.
sad.gif

providencia>hee, glad I'm not the only one. FPIL want the restaurant to pack all the pig feet and pig heads too! They say use to cook porridge very nice. I donno how they going to keep so many pig head and feet in their fridge. :p

lsntyl

har? u mean I cannot eat the pig trotters they giving us? My FMIL giving my mom a angbao for bringing me up leh. Think that is supposed to be the dowry. I not sure. I leave everything up to them. Offered to help but they say no need so I wash hands of it. :p

lsntyl

lost>tell her to use to cook porridge lor. My FPIL want all the head and feet back so they can do that leh. They say v nice.

lsntyl

2 boxes? means how many cans? wah, can eat until pengsan. :p My FMIL suggested substituting canned sausages or luncheon meat in place of the canned trotters. But my mom said in that case, she'll prefer fresh trotters.

fortunemew

Dor, normally photo shoot start at 10am. i think 12pm is tooooo late. tell them.

even i start at 10am, i only leave the studio at 3pm...regreted...shouldn't spend too much time indoor.

kitty_ng

Thanks xinyi, but i missed last sat's dynasty fair as i was too busy to make time for it. Guess i hav to aim for upcoming natas...

Hi thias, is 12 days enough? Did u entend yr stay there?

ezvy

Hi gals,

Was away to Korea for business for the past weeks,
manage to read through the long post these 2 days.

Rachel> Your post for the wrist corsages seems to have disappear from your multiply liao??

Waxie & Crown> both of you have so many things in common, even no of pat thor years also the same, can really be sworn sisters manz.

Saw someone posted the website of an oversea decal supplier, but can't seems to find it now, can the kind soul repost the website again..Waxie, not your posting coz yours is local company.

By the way, can we attend Baby Showers(Full month)now?

plasterbride

hi keer
I also engaged AM.PM !!! hehe
and my AD is one day before yours !! =)
I engaged leslie.. he took my friend and my colleague's AD wedding shoots. i was impressed by his skills, engaged him

iciclediamond

hi pinjie and erlina,
i got my gowns from a china website.. I m intending to buy another one for my MIL and maybe for my jie meis.. if u wan , can join in to buy together or stg
happy.gif
will PM u the links!!

Hi cfay..
I have added ya
happy.gif

nlimm

iciclediamond: thx ye
happy.gif
is the yellow accessories urs or ur BS?me looking for yellow accessories for my evening gown
happy.gif

pin&jie: hehe oh lawrence not free on my AD sob
he recommended Alan,u know him,is he gd?

eunicet

nlimm: I also added you to Multiply already!
happy.gif

iciclediamond: Can you send me the links too?
happy.gif
My BS actually kindly provided 2 gowns for my bridesmaids...They're both going to be wearing all white...Do you think that's ok? Wanted to add in some scarfy thing to add colour to their gowns and suit the theme, but may look strange. Oh well. Maybe just give them small bouquets to give them some colour...

miss mango: I have a Facebook account too but somehow am not intending to release too much on my Facebook account and keep Multiply so I can keep in touch with just other brides. Hehe!

pinky81

Wah.. all of you are already thinking of invitation cards? I still find it early.. Still nuaing over that vex.

Jane: You timing is super early! Do get some rest in the afternoon as you will be dead tired during dinner time.

lilacbliss

Hi Pinky81.. yeah man 1 good tin is the tea ceremony will ends about 9am.. so I hope to check in to the hotel early then rest from there le... keke...

foodietravel

hi PSH,
thank you for your compliments. I loved my Celia Loe gown too!!

hey Dorisq,
any chance i can see your photos? I don't have Multiply though. And there're NO ugly brides hor. It's the only day we get to be the most pretty!!

iciclediamond

hi eunice,

i just sent u the link
happy.gif
this is the store i got my gown from.. the one u see in my OD PS :p
just realise that ur wedding date one day earlier than mine!

what is ur multiply id?

eunicet

Hey icicle! I'm actually on your Multiply liao! I'm ent29!
happy.gif
And mmm, which gown did you get from online? And the prices I see are in what dollars ah? Then how much did you end up paying with shipping and all? I see all the gowns (plus all the super many Chinese words) until I blur liao!

flora_bliss

meiling> so I'm small-size n petite like tweety bird in ur yellow gown. hmmm... if my FH wears black n white tat nite, I can say "I tot I saw a pussy cat..." hehehe.... I've actually rebonded my hair. But ok lah, at least now more manageable and presentable. But it's not silky straight, which is always the case.

Prov> It's true tat my head is bigger coz sometimes it's difficult for me to get those turtleneck collar through.

koyoyo> I'll definitely take pics of it if I'm allow to.

Har, cannot eat those pig trotters can? I was hoping if can get them, I can get my sis to cook the pig trotter beehoon. yummy yummy...

I think most likely we not going to get the pig coz quite a hassle and we got to assign a xiong di to be a "Pig bearer" somemore. So we're thinking of replacing it with ang bao.

<table border=1><tr><td>Bride</TD><TD>AD</TD><TD>PS</TD><TD>BS</TD><TD>Banquet</TD><TD>AD PG</TD><TD>AD VG </TD></TR><TR><TD>shybride</TD><TD>3-Jun</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD>TWP</TD><TD>Fullerton</TD><TD>Andrew Tay (The Edge)</TD><TD>SK Mediaworks </TD></TR><TR><TD>Justina</TD><TD>7-Jun</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Sophia</TD><TD>Club Chinios</TD><TD>Sophia Brides</TD><TD>Ernest (Miror Creations) </TD></TR><TR><TD>apple_gal</TD><TD>15-Jun</TD><TD>23-Feb</TD><TD>Fame Bridal</TD><TD>Club Chinois</TD><TD>Desmond</TD><TD>Yuppies production </TD></TR><TR><TD>ryu</TD><TD>14-Sep</TD><TD>3-May</TD><TD>Signoria Nuziale</TD><TD>Four Seasons</TD><TD>Alwin</TD><TD>Brilliant Pic </TD></TR><TR><TD>LSnTYL</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD>23-24 Sep</TD><TD>Hougang Bright</TD><TD>Peony Jade</TD><TD>Edmund Leong</TD><TD>N.A. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lois</TD><TD>26-Sep</TD><TD>27-Jun</TD><TD>Ted Collection</TD><TD>Copthorne King</TD><TD>Bobman</TD><TD>YS Lee (Big Day Pictures) </TD></TR><TR><TD>koyoyo</TD><TD>4-Oct</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>GHA</TD><TD>PHO</TD><TD>Everafter</TD><TD>Vocare </TD></TR><TR><TD>MeiLinG5</TD><TD>17-Oct</TD><TD>Done</TD><TD>White Link</TD><TD>Marina Mandarin</TD><TD>Photo Language &amp; Bobman</TD><TD>Hilo Production </TD></TR><TR><TD>nelle</TD><TD>26-Oct</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>N.A.</TD><TD>Peony Jade</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>N.A. </TD></TR><TR><TD>qinying</TD><TD>2-Nov</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Divine Couture</TD><TD>Oriental</TD><TD>Bobman</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lost</TD><TD>8-Nov</TD><TD>30-Apr</TD><TD>Signoria Nuziale</TD><TD>HIPV</TD><TD>Signoria Nuziale</TD><TD>Signoria Nuziale </TD></TR><TR><TD>funfun</TD><TD>11-Nov</TD><TD>Done</TD><TD>Mon'liza Wedding Castle</TD><TD>NCQ</TD><TD>1950 Photography, Yong How</TD><TD>Atelier </TD></TR><TR><TD>providencia</TD><TD>22-Nov</TD><TD>1-Sep</TD><TD>Tan Yoong</TD><TD>Four Seasons</TD><TD>36frames/ Tinydot</TD><TD>N.A. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mary Poppins</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>16-Jul</TD><TD>Sophia</TD><TD>MM</TD><TD>Thomas Tan &amp; Simon Video</TD><TD>Simon Video </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mindy Tay</TD><TD>7-Dec</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Sattine</TD><TD>M Hotel</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Y Kim</TD><TD>17-Dec</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>French Bridal</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cassie</TD><TD>19-Dec</TD><TD>Done</TD><TD>French Bridal</TD><TD>Traders</TD><TD>Dreamcatcher</TD><TD>Forest Productions </TD></TR><TR><TD>nec</TD><TD>20-21Dec</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Venus, JB</TD><TD>MM</TD><TD>Daniel Beh</TD><TD>hilo productions </TD></TR><TR><TD>nlimm</TD><TD>20-Dec</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Mr &amp; Miss Wedding Club</TD><TD>GCW</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>luvz17</TD><TD>27-Dec</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Graceful Image</TD><TD>Regent</TD><TD>Lam (Rainbow Photo)</TD><TD>Jimmy (Rainbow Photo) </TD></TR><TR><TD>msclaire</TD><TD>27-Dec</TD><TD>28-Jul</TD><TD>Bridal Concept</TD><TD>N.A.</TD><TD>Shift Photography</TD><TD>Simon Video </TD></TR><TR><TD>SotongLet</TD><TD>27-29 Dec</TD><TD>31-Jul</TD><TD>Thomson Wedding Design</TD><TD>M Hotel</TD><TD>Thomson Wedding Design</TD><TD>Mirage Pictures </TD></TR><TR><TD>xinglin</TD><TD>27-Dec</TD><TD>20-Jun</TD><TD>Julia Wedding News</TD><TD>Carlton</TD><TD>Daniel Beh</TD><TD>YS Lee (Big Day Pictures) </TD></TR><TR><TD>florabliss</TD><TD>28-Dec</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>MBR</TD><TD>Regent</TD><TD>Amos &amp; Stanley</TD><TD>Aspire Studio </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jac</TD><TD>28-Dec</TD><TD>24-Sep</TD><TD>Silhouette</TD><TD>Four Seasons</TD><TD>Daniel Beh</TD><TD>Friend (Freelancer) </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

jrgal

rachel> ha..haven reali decide on the ang pao la..=p bt he makes the effort to come to our place..so i tink mayb will give 68 or wat if abt 40 cards..=p see hw..dunno if my parents will add last min relatives or frens to write..

dor> i start make up at 10plus am..indoor shoot at abt 12plus and end at 4pm then went outdoors.=p by 6plus 7..we both tired out liao..

bunnyhop

hi pple,
still waiting 4 my AD shots. Once received, will upload n share.

jus drop a line [email protected] if u wan a glimpse of them.

ID ~ babypigbun *Multiply

Hi Dorisq, don b upset...We all excited 2 see ur wedding shots...usually it takes great effort to keep up our shape once into marriagehood. Even tougher if u planning to hav bbs...im trying my best to get into peak form till i eh...hav bbs.

Ani1 here gonna try to hav babies rightaway? Then no need to worry abt out of shape lol...
I hav 2 work hard lah cos we both in 30z...play enuf oredi...now on another project...FAMILY!!!
happy.gif

ahnetsan

anyone need handicraft wrist corsages? my gf is doing my corsages for me... it's colourful and nice... for my corsages, she used butterflies instead of roses, cos i prefer butterflies to roses. haha. will upload the photos once it's done. anyone interested, i can ask my gf to make for u.

i went to expo on sunday. wah green, hw come i never see u AGAIN!!!??? BUT, i saw rach. haha, but she tot i was dor or someone else... sob sob... haha. i also saw the mattresses there... simmons got one super nice one leh, costs $4+ den after discounts, it's $2900... erm, we din buy lah... cos still dunno wat we want leh... me and fh also buying queen size... buy new one den move to new house (dunno when lah)

btw, when is GSS ending? planning to buy mattress before the sale ends leh....

can someone or anyone tell me more abt mattress? wat's with latex lah, pocketed spring lah, memory foam all about??? aiyo, the more i hear those salespeople talk abt hw good their mattress is, the more confused i am leh.
sad.gif
need solid advice on mattress.

dor, starting ur makeup at 12 noon is abit late leh. mine started at 9.30am, by 12 noon, im already almost finishing my 1st shoot le... i end at 9+pm, cos my PG brought for night scenes shots. but if ur PG says ok, den i guess shd be ok ba.
happy.gif

ivy, for me, i stil attend baby showers leh. i dun really care, i find such showers ok leh. i jus avoid visits to hospitals and funerals.

foodietravel

PSH,
you've got my email right? Would appreciate if i can have a look at your AD pics when they're available (if they're not the slideshow done by your PG).. thanks in advance!

We'll try having bb but my hubby actually not keen in having kids so we just try try. I'm 34. He's 35. If Heaven blesses us, then okay. If not, see how. If try too hard, also very stressful leh. And i'm underweight (considering the fact that I eat A LOT) so really, hope Heaven bless us.

If anyone got tips on making bb, do share!

dodolet

flora, Aiyoh relax about ur mtm ah. It will be excellent lah. Give your bs a chance to make u beautiful.

If you wanna eat pig trotters i think you can ask lost for some bah and can cook ur bee hoon anytime.. 2 boxes for pig trotters how to finish 1. LOL

Net,
GSS ends end July. I went Expo at 9pm, what time did u go? Haha I also never do any research on the different mattresses prior to my mattress shopping. You can always ask the salesppl to explain the different mattresses to u.

I think mattresses are very subjective and depend on individual preferences one. I like something that's not too stiff.

---------

Rach,
I slept on Simmons, Sealy &amp; Neptune mattresses at Expo fair. 1 thing I like about the Expo fair was the salesppl asked me to try sleeping on the different mattresses LOL. Robinson doesn't allow us to test out like that.

I prefer 1 mattress from Sealy &amp; Neptune. In the end, I bought Neptune Supreme becos the latex material doesn't cost skin allergy, no dustmite, no bacteria, more cooling (i have sensitive skin and nose) and I can feel more vibrations from the coil-based mattresses when Bf flips around.

Hehe I didn't see your hubby leh. Maybe we went too late, some booths were already shutting down.
-------------

Ivy,
I still go baby showers, birthday celebrations, hospitals. I just avoid funerals.

xuer21

porsche,
i took up C &amp; T animation package... erm... i find that they are quite slow... the reason they told me is that they are handling sept couples and those first come first serve couples first... so my wedding in oct i assume by aug they should contact me liao.. hopefully lor.. cos i signed their package in april or may last yr..so i think iwont be that far in the queue.. u sign also?

keer13

Hi Icic - You are so pretty. Look like the models in the magazine. Then, the photos your bf took, the angles are all so nice.. Envy envy.. I will be just happy if hubby can take a few good shots. He sure will be paiseh to take de.. Haha.. Btw, I'm also keen to buy a WG &amp; EG.. Saw the WG you bought, so gorgeous.. Btw, do you have any pictures on your EG? How's the quality? And, how do you do your measurement as well? Does the gowns fit u well?

Hi Cfay - I manage to get 2 shirts from Robinson for my hubby. Bought a black pin striped shirt &amp; a white pink striped shirt. The pink one, hubby love it to bits and me too. It's a look alike for the Thomas Pink collection. Very nice..

Yes, I'm engaging 2 photographers to play safe, in case, I do not like the style of the photographer. Then, at least, hope the other one dun fail me.. Top up $500 for that.. It's rather an attractive price &amp; they throw in additional 4R fotos.. :p

Wow.. Your PS is still a while away. But, good, at least u can plan ahead.. For my wedding shoe, yeah, going for first fit tomorrow. Hope it turn out well.. And, yes, shopping for wedding shoes is so addictive. Although I had custom made 1, I bought another 2 last weekend as GSS is still on. Thought of keeping them as spares in case my custom made 5" is too high to walk around.. Haha.. Guess what, I pair is from Anna Nucci as well.
happy.gif
Will post some fotos for you to see, maybe tmr..

joey2035

Hey babes!
One more BTB in Oct2008!

AD: 11 Oct 2008
Venue: M-Hotel
BS: Venus Wedding
PG: Coffee &amp; Tea Dreamzwork
VG: Coffee &amp; Tea Dreamzwork

porsche

seems like a lot of oct BTB taking C&amp;T... they were chasing us for photos and music but nothing heard from them yet....so scary right...

xuer21

porsche,
ya lor.. they told me to give my photos b4 july.. so i gave in june.. then when i ask when will my animation be discussed.. then they say the reason which i state above... feelthat they should not ask for it so early first...

jo_vin

Jane, ur tea ceremony really ends very early and fast. Ur HTB lives very near to u currently? Mine will take quite long cos have to take into consideration the travelling time. He stays Teck Whye while me Hougang. Haha.. Very far!!

Hi Pinky, ya, i think it's abt time we start on the invitation cards. For us especially. Since HTB will be leaving overseas next mth. So today just went to choose our invitation cards design. Now waiting for the lady to call us back and inform us if there's any ready stock. Else have to order and wait for 2-3 weeks, then can send for printing. I am so excited and hope thr'll b ready stock!

rayrachel

dor> hehe.. okay... MMm.. then enjoy the short 2 days after ur AD loh..
happy.gif

Huh.. but abit sad he canceled without discussing with u first.. i'll scream my head off him loh..
hehe.. but thank God my Hubby no need to take leave de.. haha.. :p

Bubbly> ID = Interior Designer
happy.gif

Ivy> still there at multiply leh... cannot see liaoz meh?? Its under Corsages done! link.. dun have??

jrgal> hehe.. yah..my parents still discussing certain people to invite or not... :p
And realised 2 of the envelopes write wrong surname.. haha..gotta find him to rewrite..do rem to check carefully.. :p

Ah Net> dun worry... expo every month got renov fair de..and every month i see the same sales person at the fair for the mattresses...
Hahaha. no need worry..
happy.gif

i dunno much abt mattresses.. but pocketed spring supposed to be better.. latex also better... for sleeping i think... but latex is warmer than memory foam..
Cant rem is it..
happy.gif

green> my Hubby was there till 10pm leh.. kekeke.. its okay..
happy.gif

strawbsc

yl>heehee..thanks.i neber go ching jing b4,really hope my lazy fh bring me go leh..hopefully lor.hopefully i can upload the pics as i m tapping someone's internet line.
thank u...that someone is shanghai..(i very bad)..haha..otherwise I have to the lounge to get free internet.

Very scary lor!!Kana "da shan" by a guy when i was using the net there ,not from my company.keep asking me out when it is aldy 11pm!ask me where he can get food here.I lock my doors and leave my luggage at the door to block it.so horrible.Somemore I kept emphasing MY Husband...etc etc..

Rach> ur complexion is fantastic!it is flawless leh!!I was almost staring at ur beautiful skin during the gathering that time..dun thik u get breakots,do u?does bird's nest help?

Green>which masks in the show?got the name or pic?maybe i saw b4?

Net>must do stretching b4 and aft.and massage..in a upward motion.from lower calves to boobs.I used to bulky up so much,my gfs tot I become incrediblu hulk.But the massage helps and my butt is even more lifted.

dor>urs sod be faster since u hav 2 outfits.I started at 8am,finish at 4.30pm.I had 3 outfits + 2 uniforms..n outdoors.so urs shod be fast.at least u will not have to squeeze with the kids during ur honeymoon if it is not at the end of the yr.

Ivy,I think bb showers okie bah..but if ur mum or hubby pang tang,cox' xi shi clash..

~sblbee~

lsntyl,
heheheh.....oppsss, cannot le, i love bbq pork, swt &amp; sour pork, spare ribs....haiz, i'll use im allergic to pig trotters lor, so far my mum havent ask leh, pretend pretend to act blur 1st lor :p

providencia,
omg....u n lsntyl gona join d "slaughter d piglet" movement, so sad....they r so poor thing wor but den mayb can try to reduce d killing by juz serving it as part of d cold dish, so wont b 1 each for each table....anyway, it's v unhealthy to finish d whole pig wor....

florabliss,
hehehehe....so cute, den i'll b d granny since both u n matt alrdy playing d bird n cat :p
yah yah i love d canned pig trotters wif fried beehoon, v yummy....

lilacbliss

Hi Jo_vin, haha ya my hubby lives Hougang and I'm at amk... keke... so travelling time is only about 15mins... hee...

I intend to start on my invitation card in end Aug.. keke.. 3 months in advance shud be ok rite... =D