(2008) Brides of year 2008

earthsea

Hi fiona, if you go a few pages back, you can see a list of all our multiply IDs and add all of us. Or you can put your ID here and we can add you. Mine is soratian
happy.gif

I have a gown fitting tomorrow so hopefully I can take some photos, esp of my MTM EG.

eunicet

Hi fiona! I've found the list so you don't have to look through the whole thread...So here are all of our IDs on Multiply!
happy.gif

No. Nick, Multiply ID
1 Cynthia Tan, rockenton
2 Earthsea, soratian
3 eml, emcookiez
4 Erlina, erlinake
5 Eunice, ent29
6 florabliss, jomeow
7 Jac, Jacklynyong
8 keer, keer13
9 leely, chrysalids18
10 nec, necrosi
11 pinjie8275, swee11
12 Rachel, shufen10
13 SotongLet, zellyelly
14 XavJess, quekjessie

Earthsea: Yaaaaaaay!! Remember to take more photos ah!!! :D

cfay

Hi,

I am one of the Bride to be in December.
My PS will be in Sept, however, do add me if you want to. Username : Bipit

~sblbee~

sue,
dun say until like dat...it's we r so kiasu le :p u r normal lah....cos i'll b v busy frm aug onwards so must piang my wedding stuff now
sad.gif

polarwhite,
yah, my fh will b camping in front of his PC too, it's supposed to do it...17 jul den have to e-register le :p

leely

Eunice>> Most of my friends spent $5000+ to $8000+ on their photos.. So I know that actually my BS's pricing is reasonable.. Just dun like the way they twist their words lah.. But yup, just glad that the MUA / PG made it worth putting up with the bosses' faces.. haha..

Earthsea>> Looking forward to seeing your beautiful gown..
happy.gif

Fionachua> You can add me too.. My id is chrysalids18..
happy.gif

ebride

koyoyo + Mei: Didnt knw that fancl gt sell collagen drink, thot they sell makup items only..shall give it a try. I gt stretch marks in few areas wor..so sad havent give birth already have the marks.
sad.gif
sianz..

Sue: oki lah me nt really fast lah. Actually can see tat every1 is preparing for their wedding stuffs at their own comfort pace. So dun need to be stressed wor.

How many of u gers have not bought all yr GDL items? Why not we organise a GDL shopping cum gathering outing? Not too sure whether this is a good idea a-nt? Seems that we only been saying abt meeting up but unable to fulfil it yet..

piyo21

No. Nick, Multiply ID
1 Cynthia Tan, rockenton
2 Earthsea, soratian
3 eml, emcookiez
4 Erlina, erlinake
5 Eunice, ent29
6 florabliss, jomeow
7 Jac, Jacklynyong
8 keer, keer13
9 leely, chrysalids18
10 nec, necrosi
11 pinjie8275, swee11
12 Rachel, shufen10
13 SotongLet, zellyelly
14 XavJess, quekjessie
15 LingLing, btsher

eunicet

Fiona: Great! Looking forward to sharing in your wedding and pre wedding pictures!
happy.gif

Imagine, Dec brides...In just half a year, all of us would be married!! :D

leely: Wow, that's really a lot of money hor! Am glad yours is reasonable...And really nice, on top of it all!!
happy.gif

cfay: Sorry I didn't include your name! I just copied it from an older post!
happy.gif

princess_sue

haha mei... me too.. i will be bz from middle this month onwards.. but i m still very reluctant to do anything hahaha..:p

polar, what must we do online for the ROM ah? Just register the date only huh... 3 months before our wedding?

Mrs chiew,

send the form for JP to sign? huh? What do you mean?

cheryl, haha hopefully i wont be rushing last min :p

jazzy_chimes

yup, mei ... had mine in June and selected my photos last week. I went to SAM, Botanic Gdns and Changi Boardwalk.

old buildings refers to old wear-n-tear kinda buildings or colonial-style buildings? I know in Changi village area has such buildings

uk_fung

There is one form that JP need to sign and return to you. er... but I forget is it needed before you do e-file (need JP licence no.) or as long as before you collect your cert at ROM abt 1 wk before ROM day.

monkie

feel happy for you the u girls big day drawing nearer...

the good news is, my SIL PG and MUA all settle. will start her montage after her ROM.

anyone did scrapebook? ( hope i spell correctly)
if you have ur AD plan, hope someone can share with me...

pinjie8275

Hi Cynthia

For AD plan, I know there is a thread where pple share their AD schedule and plans. I dun remember which one. U might wanna drop by to take a look. (^_^)

polarwhite80

hi sue,

juz now i went ROM website to see... need to fill in both bride n growm particulars... both side witnesses particulars.... some questionaire... there are steps for u to follow... i managed to glance until step 2 because need to fill in particulars then can go to step 3.... so i stopped..... hahaha....

polarwhite80

hi sue,

there is 1 form on ROM website... Is called the consent to solemnise.... this is to be filled up by u n ur hubby then signed, email or fax to the JP.... then the JP is supposed to sign n return back to u.... on the day to collect the cert from ROM, u need to show the ROM ppl the form....

aj_wech

halo ladies

was so busy (with work again) the last few weeks, looks like everyone get at least one item done in jun. 3 more months to go !

mrs chiew, we never spot check the invit cards har, we just grab the whole lot and left. Guess wl b too late to reject if there is problem. anyway, we printed abit extra (buffer for writing wrong names n missing out sm guest), so now jus see how lah..

i am soo tired with work, going for a break week after and maybe take some outdoor weddg pics again. hehe.

nfk22

Hi FSS, congratulations!!!

hi praisey, yah exchange rate is not good. but there's sale now so still ok to shop. with limited time i only managed to grab a Zara shirt for my bf with a 40% disc. BTW i like the quote hee hee. I heard it from the movie "27 dresses".

hi r&j, me also not been sleeping well recently and as a result skin condition not very good. so i am trying to relax so that i can sleep. don't be too stress =) hope u can find your own house soon!

Hi Jule, don't be too stress. u still got 3+ weeks. jia you!!!

Hi R&J, maybe sponsor u for spa, manicure, pedicure?

lynn0412

Hi Ladies,

I'm pretty nervous now, 18 more days to my PS...
and I m so dead.. 10kg is still on me....
(T-T)

Any recommendation of PS location?
I have Sentosa, Bontanic Garden & Yatch Club in my mind...

rjwedding

if can give vouchers, then I not need to headache liao.. think i will go with electrical appliances.. but what?? hmm.. got to think abt it.. my colleagues got to get it by Thur..

jedilim

S'rene thanks for the pull out on all our AD.....
cheers to all....and best wishes..stay cool and pretty on our big day yeah..

i also stressing out now..can't believe it's 3more weeks left.. n i have many things unsettled...how? do u people already settled who to do what and give briefing to ur helpers? can it be done like 1 week before AD? i very bad at assigning duties and dun even have a wedding coorindator..so everything also i got to think of it n plan...FH also never help to think at all...hai..he thinks the AD will just be a breeze thru without any planning..Stress! any advice on what to do???

by the way, do u all have lunch buffet at the groom's place or the brides place?

pinkcupcake

Hi Chimes,

i mean old and grand colonial buildings or churches.
happy.gif
did the gown become very dirty? as in, even walking on the streets, did all the dirt become very obvious on the outside of the gown?

Hi Lynn,

Don't worry about your weight. Your photographer will be able to find flattering angles.
happy.gif
Rest well and make sure you're in the pink of health and you'll look radiant and glow in your photos! all the best! ;)

nelle

flora, serene villas in Seminyak. For Bali, actually depends on which area you want to go. Kuta -highly popular, therefore more crowded but more places to eat & shop. Jimbaran bay -more angmohs, expensive resorts are located here, quiet part. Seminyak is more for adults as there are many bars and cafes, it is a newly emerged expensive area, got shopping too.

Straylamb, Crown

If your HTBs are not worrying but still doing things, it's still ok. But if throw everything to you, I bet you'll be starting to feel sian about the weddings. Any method to motivate him to do the things? I heard from so many lady friends that they have to do almost everything for their weddings.

fairybride

hi gals..im also a dec bride..wow surprised that so many of you have already gone for your photoshoot! is that the norm?? Mine is going to be in Sept! And I have just seen the design of my gown..haven't even gone for any first fitting yet!! Now I feel like I am kind of slow!!

my multiply ID is mrsfoo do add me too! I will add on to the list.

No. Nick, Multiply ID
1 Cynthia Tan, rockenton
2 Earthsea, soratian
3 eml, emcookiez
4 Erlina, erlinake
5 Eunice, ent29
6 florabliss, jomeow
7 Jac, Jacklynyong
8 keer, keer13
9 leely, chrysalids18
10 nec, necrosi
11 pinjie8275, swee11
12 Rachel, shufen10
13 SotongLet, zellyelly
14 XavJess, quekjessie
15 LingLing, btsher
16 mrsfoo, mrsfoo

bunnyhop

hi ann,
For me, itz more of getting used to living w his mom...initially very hard to tahan cos we r worlds apart...specifically moms apart. My mom n her parenting style beri different.

Oso u know lah, ladies cant help but feel personal when a casual remark falls into our ears...im learning 2 b less paranoid or even sensitive to her comments...n figuring out her tone...tough leh...

Another way is learn to b more thick skinned n not get affected by watever she says...this hmmm oso beri tough.

Jus pray hard tat things will work out well lor...as 4 ur side...guess for e time being, jus smile more n share very safe topics like work/school (if they have kids)

Sound interested even though u cant wait to escape out frm e function...hopefully they r not tough nuts to crack.
E worst is when u have some unreasonable relatives (his side) who expect u to b e dutiful/submissive/long suffering dil* daughter in law role...these r e relatives tat really make me scream...tink they probably suffered before similar treatment so they wan 2 see u going thru this tortuous pain too...sadistic eh?!

Haha but on a lighter side, u may find some to click w...have patience n lotsa weird humour in u. Sometimes, we don need to say a lot...It usually helps to be a great listener...
Hope this helps ya, ann.
happy.gif

Geez my AD fotoz/ video need another 1 month plus to come out...Helpz!!
Ani 1 got ideas on how to encourage them to speed up?!

strawbsc

hi gals!!I m back temp...I just finish 11 days of work.now in taipei,will do my PS on thurs.not very excited on it...anyway I can't online as often liao,coz' I hav take care of eyesight.my fh limits me to 8 mins of computer only..haiz...

My invitation cards,I had 100%.I expected 80 guests,they gave me 80..but I printed alot of extras lah.abt 130..

Waxie : if there is another gathering can text me?coz' I think I can't be here always to chat liao..

crown : u are not alone...haha..my fh is playing his volin rite now while we are suppose to do our day's schedule etc...well,I heck care..just follow the flow...I also dun wan to nag,let the guys worry when the time comes.

miss u gals.. (^-^)

waxie24

clare> no problem.. will text u.. ur FH pratising voilin to play on ur AD ar??.. but 8 mins of computer is a little too short leh....

i guess most guys only worry when the fire is at the backside while most girls (like us) prefer to have a plan (inclusive backup plans) but there are exceptions for guys n gals la..

my FH is like most of ur FHs lor.. relax relax, keep assuring me we have more then enough time~ while i m suffocating..

ohoh

Think to get a branded one (as in Samsung/ Philips etc) below $100 is not quite possible.

But a B brand one like Akira or Lemon might still be possible.

You can check out places like Carrefour for cheap buys. I think they do carry some international brands as well.
if not, electrical stores (like Best Denki/ Harvey Norman) for the branded ones.

lsntyl

Have a good PS, clare.
happy.gif
Enjoy the yummy makan in TW!

Rach>can pass me the details of the caterer you were recommending? I can't find it in this long thread...

ivycsh78

yeah sometimes u urself like the gown can liao but but i'm still a human..pay so much for a gown n receive such insensitive comment is really damn fedup lor...hope his gf dun wear pink hahahaha...