(2008) Brides of year 2008

~sblbee~

sotonglet,
hehehhe....dat's gd, im looking forward to ur final pdt, cant wait to see how dat lace transform into a va-va voom EG....
as for d dance, i only dare to dance n go wild in d dark when i go clubbing when no one can see me or recognise me, dun have d guts to do it in front of so many ppl n when all eyes r on me :p

jac,
d prob is dat my rm now hardly got d space for a queen size bed so no pt buying a new bedframe or mattress when i wont b using later when i got a new place, i oso hate d hassle of buying so many things n shifting to a new place, might as well keep it to d minimal n get everything later :p for us, we r not d pantang type so we dun care wat d elders say cos they'll not b d ones suffering n we r cool not to have a matrimonial bed on our AD :p

lsntyl

I'm also not buying a new bed until I get my new home, whenever that is. Both my mom and FMIL wanted me to get new bed and mattress but I told them my current queen size bed is good enough. Buy new bed means must throw away my current bed. V wasted. So we compromise by getting new bedsheets.
happy.gif

flora_bliss

Gals, I not brave lah. If I brave, then I don't need the designer to blend in other shades of yellow to subtle the colours. The designer initially suggested pink coz she said my complexion has a tint of pink. Then we tried that and a lot of other colours like royal purple, silver, red, emerald, turquoise etc... All look good, but when she draped the yellow fabric over me, my whole face like brightened up. So we picked yellow loh.

I forgot to take pic of the sketch. So the earliest you gals can see the pic is after my first fitting on 18 Jul.

qianqian

thias, me at CTC briefing, me looking around to see which one is u leh.. haha... think u can spot me easily bah.. my hubby is the super big size guy with thick spec... we sitting at the corner one...

rjwedding

hahaha.. tiong bahru roasted pig business is big leh.. they got website.. so funny.. dunno whether if do a search online on roasted pig, what other company will come out..

hi bbiguana: wrapper bought from popular.. box FOC.. lace I can't rem where I bought it liao.. bought the lace very long time back.. cos that time wanted to do something to my jeans..

hi jule: thanks!!

rjwedding

oh.. S'rene, when are u going to JB?? if u happened to shop ard, can help me check out the price of bubble guns, something like the ones I've attached below?? If JB is cheaper, then I will go there and buy..

683252.jpg

thanks!!

gingerbread_gal

Meiling and lsntyl,
Seems like you girls have given us an idea - guess we'll also just stick my current bed and splurge on getting new bedsheets....yippee!

Flora,
as long as the colour compliment you well
happy.gif
no prob, we'll just wait till your first fitting...

lsntyl

florabliss>your EG sounds really interesting and your designer quite pro wor. So nice to try the fabric on your skin. I just picked the colours from swatches on a board. Donno how it will really look on me...

Jac>hee, I don't want the hassle of moving a new bed when I finally get my home. Anyway, this way, if I ever want to go home to stay after marriage, my old bed will still be waiting for me. Now is quite a good time to grab bedsheets, provided you know what size you want. FH and I bought 2 bedsheet sets and 1 quilt set from Aussino at around $116 (Buy 2, get 1 free offer). Yest, we bought a comforter plus bedsheet set for $65 from John Little! Best is FMIL likes all the bedlinen we bought so far even though none of them are the traditional angbao red colour. :p

berry3

it's over!!! im so excited & relieved & happy at the same time..

to all may brides..
hope u guys have a wonderful marriage life.. ^^
God bless!

necrosis

LSnTyl,
aiyah, so wasted i didnt go john little to shop for sheets...your aussino buys are such a bargain!!!
mine fr robinsons are maroon w jacquard print and the other one with some thai silk in the middle, cotton border. mm..now that i say it, it does sound strange. :p

jac, if you have OCBC or robinsons card, can have extra 20% off or 5% rebate or some extra discounts.
plus, for purchases over $150, they deliver FOC.
so no need to lug the pillows/quilts/sheets all over as you continue shopping.

flora,
your designer is good...help you to find THE color for you. mmm....all designers shld have at least this standard man.

xenxen

yo qianqian.. i noe who u r le..we r the couple who was late n sitting just in front of u haha..

u currently on leave now ah ? when's ur AD ? mine's 15 June sun..
happy.gif

babyiguana

Hi R&J,
Thanks.. My friend reminded me to ask my hotel whether they provide ang bao box.. Heng ah.. My hotel provide.. soo i item down to make.. keke..

Hi S'rene,
I'm same as R&J, can you also help me check out the price of these bubble guns?

Hi R&J,
Last time i happen to see small bubble gun @ those neighbourhood toy shops.. abt $5.90-$7.90..Is this ex?

rayrachel

YL> ooh okie... dun worry.. go ahead... mayb we can go with u on 14th....u go collect.. we go print... else we may go in later of the month..
happy.gif

Pinky> intends to print end of the month giving out after my GDL... which is 26th July.. My AD is 1st Sept.. so need to have GDL earlier.
happy.gif

shinni85

Hello MAYBRIDES! we are all MRS OFFICIALLY now...hahaha...

COngrats berry3~!

I guess all of you are basking in the blissful marriage life now!

Enjoy ur marriage!

cyc

weiwei.. i'll take ur advice of wonderbra! shall go check it out soon.. tks!

mei, so glad you collected nice fitting CS!
happy.gif

AJ, the CS i got is OTR.. but since when I tried it wasn't fitting, so thot they'd alter nicely.. oh well, will leave it as that.

princess_kitty

Thanks leely... already added in to your contact. Just wonder do you do manicure and pedicure for your PS? I intend to do do french mani & pedi with 3D nail art and swaroski gems on it.. do you think is necessary?

scl

Hi all,

I was so inspired by all the pictures and talk of shoes that I bought my wedding shoes today! It's not very pretty per se but I think it matches my gown (my designer thought so too). Shall bring it to the bridal studio for my fitting when I get back in Singapore.
happy.gif
I'm in Sydney right now. Got my shoes from Alan Pinkus. Think they have quite a good selection of bridal shoes. Can check out the website for ideas: http://www.alanpinkus.com.au

Nec, 4 changes! Lucky you! Get to wear many pretty gowns/saris. Are you having the dance party thingy after the dinner? I think most Indian weddings have that? Indian weddings tend to last quite long right? So I guess you can afford to have many changes of outfits!

Leely, nice gold pieces! You are so lucky you get to pick the ones you like! And the pendant really matches your proposal ring! Good investment!

Hi all, where are you girls going for your honeymoon? Have you booked your packages yet?

eunicet

leely: I mean the one that goes to Hort Park and Harbourfront and all...
happy.gif
And I shall go check your Multiply! :p

nec: So pretty!! Blue sari!!
happy.gif
But yah man, must wrap and wrap right?? :p If you do change 4 times you'll really be skipping your entire meal I guess! But make good use of the gowns and all that you have eh?

SCL: Which shoes did you buy from Alan Pinkus? Just visited the site...Good that they intentionally design wedding shoes!!
happy.gif
But they are quite ex eh...

gingerbread_gal

I'm thinking of either Maldives or Bali for a short honeymoon...but haven't decided on which one yet. One turn off abt the Maildives is the flight itinerary...but the thought of opening the front door of the beachfront house and stepping straight onto the beach in Maldives gets me hyped up...

Leely,
your proposal ring is so unique!

Nec,
your 4 outfits all for one night or for both reception?

scl

Eunice, I bought the norris. I emailed my designer photos of some shoes that I shortlisted and she thinks this suits my gown best.
683491.jpg
Yah, not cheap but I thought I should get em in case I can't find any in Singapore later on.

Jac, I'm thinking of maldives or bali too. But end Dec-beginning Jan is super peak period for Maldives and it's really much more ex!! I checked www.mal-dives.com but only prices for Banyan Tree and Anantara are available. Four Seasons is already fully booked (based on what FS coordinator told me). I think SQ flies direct to Maldives right?

lsntyl

Rach>Hee, ok. We try to arrange 14 if possible. You check with Ray if he got reservist on 14 lor.

pinky>I'm printing on Sat in JB! Prob won't give out so early though.
happy.gif

earthsea

Hey fellow Dec brides, pls add me to your multiply if i haven't found you yet- I'm at soratian.multiply.com.

leely, love your 4.gold pendant too
happy.gif

eunice, yup FH is Canadian so it's a bit of a trip. I got 2 WG becos before i signed on with a package, I wanted to DIY so I got a cheap gown (which I love). So now I plan to wear my own gown for outdoor shoot- easier to run around in. I'll put up more pics on multiply soon.

nec, your MIL is so nice. I love to look at saris- can't wait to see yours!

eunicet

SCL: Oooh, they are pretty.
happy.gif
Wise choice to buy from there cos it's harder to scout for such shoes in Singapore. They're all over the place! Do you have a pair for your EG? I'm thinking of refurbishing a pair of old black heels. :p But don't think I'm super artistic enough for the task!! :p

Hmmm, you all are thinking of going to those beachy types of places huh? I'm so not a romantic beach person!
happy.gif
I have no plans yet, will postpone for a proper honeymoon in June cos HTB is a teacher! So need those June hols!

ahnetsan

hi babes

i topped up $2k for the photos...haiz. i din realise i can be so beautiful in photos. haha. i was still worried that i will look mature or different in the photos, but it turned out great!!! i was really happy with my BS.

tried to delete alot of photos already, still cant maintain to the original no. of photos. so in the end, we topped up. dat's the best price liao. haha

another big hole in our pockets.

i think my fh heart pain me trying so hard to delete the photos, in order to reach 34 photos.... so in the end, he told the coordinator, if she can make $2k as the best price, he will top up.

ok, i guess i tok too much liao

ahnetsan

btw, i jus realise that we can forget abt inviting our malay frens to the wedding dinner. i've got some good malay frens, they cannot attend my dinner cos it's the fasting month... that saves me the table catered esp for malays. hmmm, i mean at least for me, dat's the case, i dunno abt u all.

eunicet

Earthsea: Oooh! He's Canadian? From which part of Canada? I love Canada!! I went there for exchange and my aunt lives there...Gosh, I miss it!
happy.gif
Are you going to move there when you get married??

ahnetsan

today i was alone for lunch, so i went to those cd shops to listen to wedding songs. oh my, it's so difficult lor. i dunno wat kinda songs i wan and i dunno any of those nice nice songs meant for wedding.
sad.gif

wat kinda songs you all choose? can give me some ideas?

my fh was thinking of the song 'Come What May'. the song from Moulin Rouge. i like the lyrics, but the moulin rouge show a bit not suitable for wedding right?

fss

r&j,
feels great yeah? when you accomplish something
happy.gif
May I check whar programme you use for your montage?

flora_bliss

LSnTYL, my designer found the gowns with those color and draped over me lah. She oso took some of those sample fabric from the board and place on my arms to see which colours suit my skin tone better.

Nec, I tot all designer will help the brides to select the appropriate color and style. Maybe mine has to put in more effort coz I hav absolutely no idea how I want my EG to be.

gingerbread_gal

Hey SCL,
Hmm, great minds think alike...I thought of FS Maldives too but its really ex and seems full cos no more online booking allowed...Now, I know for sure no more FS maldives since your FS co-ordinator said so...I wanted to email my co-ordinator to ask her but no need now.
Yes SQ flies direct to Maldives but i can't stand the departure and arrival hours.
Are you thinking of getting a villa in Bali? That's my backup plan...any nice villa to recommend? I've never been there. So if maldives is out for you, then its gonna be Bali?

Eunice,
actually i would love to go Europe for honeymoon..but then, come to think abt it, honeymoon for me is like a time for us to relax after all the planning for the wedding and to spend time gazing into each other's eyes, get all romantic...haha :p...so decided to go for the relaxation type of honeymoon.

Earthsea,
Gee, have you been slitting your time bet here and canada? long trips!!! I like Canada loads!! Its such a beautiful country, at least in British Columbia. Like Eunice, I miss my days in Canada. will add u in multiply.

SCL, btw, nice shoes!!! they are so pretty!

lsntyl

congrats, Net. Still remember you were upset that your FH won't let you top up pix. In the end, he voluntarily top up for you. Shows how much he pampers you.
happy.gif

Ohh, I din know about the Muslim fasting month. Can remove a headache for FH who wants to invite his Muslim friends but worried the Malay food won't be up to scratch. Thanks wor.

I'm letting FH chose our wedding songs since he's more particular about music more than me. I think as long as you 2 like the song should b ok bah.
happy.gif

earthsea

Hey girls, we're all online tonight huh? :D

SCL: those shoes are beautiful
happy.gif
I wish I could wear shoes like that (I have to wear backless cos most shoes give me bad blisters).

Jac and Eunice, he's from Vancouver :D yup, it's a beautiful city. And has lots of sushi (v impt criteria in a place to live).

Are most of you planning to go for honeymoon right after wedding? For us, it was 100% Japan because he's a game/manga freak and has never been there. And I just love Japan. But we're going to be broke after the wedding so I think it won't be until much later next year.

nfk22

r&j, wow very nice ang pow box! think u r good at DIY.

bbiguana, thanks for the website. have passed it to HTB
happy.gif
me also looking for bubble guns. didn't know neigbhour toy shop got sell. shall go and check it out.

just starting to give our wedding invite. the first person whom i gave the invitation card told me he cannot come when I gave him the card. cos his wedding is within 3 months of mine & his wife dun allow. sigh.... a pity my close friend cannot come and wasted a wedding card.

leely

Eunice>> We are totally in the same shoes..! My hubby and I can't go for honeymoon after our wedding coz he's a teacher.. So we'll probably go honeymoon in June 2009.. We're thinking of going to Europe..
happy.gif

Earthsea>> Your hubby is a manga freak? So am I! I've been to Japan 4 times to do manga/anime shopping already, going 5th time in 2 weeks' time.. To me, shopping in Tokyo is like shopping in Orchard.. haha.. And Japan is cheaper than you think if you do F&E with Japan Rail Pass.. If you need help planning your Japan trip, feel free to ask me..
happy.gif

Jac>> I heard France is extremely romantic.. That's why my hubby and I also thinking of going Europe for honeymoon.. But I think my eyes will be on the buildings more than my hubby if we go Europe.. Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Leaning tower of Pisa, Colosseum, Gaudi architecture..

gingerbread_gal

Leely,
I heard that while France is romantic, there are other romantic places too...eg Prague and venice

Earthsea,
online tonight cos am watching French Open
happy.gif

rayrachel

YL> haha.. he's on standby... so also wont know if he'll go in.. its a BIG ??? also.. haha... we just hope he wont receive any news.. keke.. :p

Ah net> so how many photos did u top up?? And all into one album? hehe.. :p

Yup..1st Sept is the 1st day of Ramadan... hehe...
My muslim frens told me cant come too.. but my very nice coll said she'll definitely be there to see a beautiful bride.. hehe.. and she said she can always break fast at the BQ... sooo sweet rite???
But i think those more religious ones wont come.. coz they need to say special prayer after break fast.. so... yah...
another one said... if she's not fasting then she can come.. (meaning if she's having her menses or something ba.. keke.. )

>

leely

Oh yes.. Venice is nice, I also heard Prague is nice.. Oh dear, the list of places I want to go in Europe is getting too long.. haha..

pinjie8275

wor... ladies! The discussion on honeymoon venues really make me excited again...

For beach lovers, u might want to consider Mauritius too for either a short (4D) or long (8D) trip.

I was introduced to this place at the last Natas Fair by a Mauritian. Junior suite facing sea with private butler, full board... Best is most of the sea sports are complimentary! See http://www.naiade.com/en/hotels/mauritius/beau_rivage/default.aspx.

Very romantic and the whole package include all taxes and surcharges costs about S$2500 per pax for the 5* resort. You can choose the resorts and number of days accordingly to your budget.

My friend who went said that Maritius is more happening in terms of city life, shopping and sightseeing. Unlike Maldives which is just water, sand and sun. =)

princess_sue

hi ladies,

good morning! have been super bz at work... its really driving me crazy.

hi mei, dun worry will pray that during your PS the weather is superb! just remember to smile
happy.gif
hehe

rjwedding

i'm not too sure whether the small ones are consider ex anot.. but I feel small ones not enough to make those nice bubble effects.. saw this big ones at taka toy sales for $12.90.. i just want to see whether JB will be selling cheaper anot.. cos I need about 4 - 5..

thanks gals for your comments!! just like to do crafts.. just got back the flowers from my friends.. think i will be doing the wrist corsages myself instead..

the program I used to do the montage is ulead video studio.. used to use the dvd slideshow maker, but feel not powerful enough, so changed back to use ulead.. i'm more familiar with that..

my parents just sent out the invitation cards to their friends.. hopefully will get their RSVP soon..

koyoyo

HI gers,
Long time never post been busy... GSS has start and i did spend on some games as gift for hb.. haha now i am nursing my wounds...(Pocket burnt)

Cheryl,
U mean the designer ask you to put tissue !! THat very bad.. cant they sew some padding on.. tissue sound.. i dunno ignore them ask if u can wear nubra or something like that... there nothing wrong with our body shape , we are what we are..

AJ wech,
My ps is end this mth 26th June.. when is yours?Last wkend discuss w hb to settle on a date for everthing then i realise oh my god so many things unsettle unlike you gers here..
oops got to go will drop by later...

qianqian

hey me too... on the 15 jun... haha.. so qiao... thias and apple_gal where are u all holding your dinner? that day is father's day leh..

so thias we will be flying off a day after our wedding.. i just pray that i won't lost too much $$$ on my wedding dinner... or else i have to eat bread everday at europe liao.. and say goodbye to my LV and gucci... haha... do u intend to buy LV in milan?

qianqian

hey maybe we can share the schedule... do u gals have timing that need to be avoided on wedding day... me so sainz.. cos my FS master ask me avoid 7 to 9 am.. so before 7am i have to leave my place liao.. going to wake up at 4 plus.. yawns... really muz sleep early lor...

by the way my An chuan is on 12 jun and GDL is on 5 june, how abt the 2 of u

tay_weiwei

Hi all, just to update that i have brought a nice gown from Allure yesterday at Shaw. Its not the conventional WG, more of satin material, straight babydoll cut, so it would hide me fats. Brought it for $599 during GSS. Finally! One more item down!