(2008) Brides of year 2008

lingelle06

Hi Gals,

I am also interested to hear from you all the venues that you have been to for outdoor PS. Any nice places besides Botanical Gardens, Changi Beach, Sentosa, Labrador Park, Changi Broadwalk and East Coast? Prefers nature rather than buildings....

By the way, during the Jun school holidays, what are the chances that the above places will be packed with people? Dont think the students will likely want to visit these places except Sentosa and East Coast? I hope the places can have lesser people so that the photographer can have an easier time in taking the photos.

tinkybell

Meiling, i check out the same thing with several brides in my BS, the same thing also ley... not sure if this is the standard they set...

jedilim

ya i agree, a birthday cake n sing a special song, or do special montage for him will be nice surprise....

hi girls, need some advice too, for montage, will u all be putting like ROM photos and photoshoot photos?... if i have alot of travelling photos with colleages n frens, but my hubby dun have any, will it be funny to show mine only?
what is the usual no. of photos to put in montage? is it do one for 1st march in and another for 2nd march in?
please advice leh..thanks

uk_fung

Maybe they dun have enuff Kua/teadress?? that's why they dun want to hold the dress so long?? but still abit funny wor... in anyway you will have to settle the Kua/teadress ma.. it doesn't matter when fix right? not like u choose this gown liao can not choose the other teadress right?

luvz17

thank for the info, meiling..will get it over the weekend, and seek for more....when hubby n i were mutual friends, he asked me for help, that is to act as his gf in order to 'get rid' an aggressive gal at that time. eventually, we ended up to be the real couple 3 mths later..ha ha ha...

koyoyo, if i remember correctly, my hotel allows burn mp3 cd. bt for march in, preferably to have original..it it to prevent any possible glitch. will nt be nice if march halfway, and the song stop awhile...

de_princess

Anyone doing church invites besides banquet invites? I'm trying to get ideas besides the usual photo on invites design...

I was just trying to do my photo montage last night on Windows moviemaker and the resolution looks blur. Anyone knows what is the best resolution to use? It didnt look so blur when i try on powerpoint leh.

JJ, I intend to include some ROM & PS photos as well. Maybe u can have an equal mix of ur own photos & ur hubby's. Or have more of your dating photos together
happy.gif
I will have one photo montage and another VG day highlights prob after 2nd march in.

simplyserene

Hi Cindy, yea you can liaise with the hotel to get ur hubby a bday cake and everyone to sing a bday song to him.

Btw, have uploaded a few pics from the wedding album on Multiply. Trying to get more the next time round...
happy.gif

shybride

i can give you the contact number of the boss.. i got the namecard. ask for Mrs Koh 90074923. you can also call her to ask for the location of the booth!
happy.gif

~sblbee~

tinkybell,
hmmm....v strange leh....but my BS oso some brides get to try n some brides dun...luckily i got my own CS le...so no need to rely on them :p but i did get to choose my teadress though so i settled le :p

jedilim

Ya i tried windows movie maker n the DVD slideshow one....all also the photos turn out very blur....powerpoint seems better duno why, but think the file will be very big if u have too many photos.
i getting my mass comm fren to do liao cos of the above problems. duno what program she is using though.

uk_fung

mrs kel: you dun be disappointed la.. the pic are nice....and you wait for the layout 1st.. with the effect the album will look diff one
happy.gif
I am sure you will like it

fumiko_neko

actually far east level 3 got sell hand corsages costing $5.90 and above..
i not sure whether is worth making urself or not la..after buyin so many things and spending so much effort n time creating one hand corsages..
if u all wan can go c c look look

~sblbee~

koyoyo,
no prob...u can count on me
happy.gif

lurvz17,
heheheh...im oso actively looking for CDs n wedding songs....duno to choose music pieces or songs though :p
wah, wat a romantic love story like those idol drama serial...envy wor...can film into those animation story kind le
happy.gif

shybride,
thanks for sharing d contact! feel like getting d pens....jialat, u tempt me le :p

fumiko_neko

tat far east shop sell all sort of wedding stuff..
it opened by my fren's fren...owner is a couple...who is getting married in dec 08

last time one of our fren wedding, the tea set, we went there to buy one..

anyway i goin to c c look look tml..since i m on course today and tml..

lsntyl

Rach>thanks wor. Haiz, hope you can settle your renov issue soon. But in meantime, try to relax and be happy bride in May.

Kirei>hee, thanks for the lobang again. Think it is slightly cheaper than the corsages sold in Bugis. Maybe can ask if buy more at one time can get discount or not. Then we do another mini MO for corsages in this thread. :p

annabella

Hi Meiling,
My details as follows, pls update for me. Thank you.
AD : 4 October 2008
BS : DiGio
Hotel: Marriott Hotel (lunch)

Hi Mrs Kel,
I'm a DiGio bride too, may I know who's yr photographer? Can I view yr pictures? I'm taking my PS this friday.

samanthaquekys

cyc, you can find me with [email protected] at friendster, facebook, multiply n msn.

lex n uk,
actually those fotos that i uploaded is the edited one. we chose 50 pics altogether. if wanna rechoose then need to pay $50/pic that i change. but i'll definitely get them to edit some pics. my face is like huge in some. that's just me. but i really expected more. lex, i have to agree it was a letdown.. retake PS sure will charge. at least 1k more.

annabella, i only uploaded a few on multiply. feel free to view it. my PG is taken by ben. who's taking yours? rem to let the PG knows what exactly u want. posing or candid. what kinda feel n all. if not will end up like me. gd luck n have a great time!

providencia

been busy lately, so keep missing out on the posts. ;)

koyoyo, it's ok to take PS in orchard during weekday, really not so crowded, esp on a Monday.
happy.gif
added u at multiply already.
happy.gif

nec, so nice to have Christmas lights in your photos. I've seen some couples take PS at NUS, but mostly in causal wear.
happy.gif

shybride, thks for pics of the pens, very cute, but think it'll definitely dry up by the time i need, maybe i'll buy it at a later date.
happy.gif

luvz, u have been together for so long, ya, like MeiLing says, a bit like Taiwanese idol drama.
happy.gif

talking of PS, me and HTB met in hospital and first date was in Zouk, so still pondering if we should take pics in these places, think it's a bit strange.
happy.gif

lexilicious

mrs_kel
don't be too upset la~. Most likely one year later, we'll shove it under the bed or in the cupboards or something and won't see it again until lightyears later. You've still got AD photos to take and usually I've found that those are the best of the lot - very natural, some candid, overall - it'll capture the moment. Maybe we don't look as "beautiful" as we hope to be la - but as long as the photo captures the mood, ok la. Like I thought the Precious Moment lookalike was really a tender moment - like a young couple on the edge of innocence, then the background is all gardeny...very very nice
happy.gif

Quite honestly I'm not sure about my own photos also! Hahah, at least your gowns are fantastic, mine are still erm... in meters of cloth
happy.gif

lingelle06

Hi thiathia

Yes, now planning to suggest Jun to my studio but am fearful that many of the places that we want to go will be crowded with teenagers who are having their school holidays. Am interested in East Coast Park actually as that was the place where I had my first date with my HTB ;p

Did your photographer say anything about the possible crowds?

So care to share where you and HTB will be going
happy.gif

gingerbread_gal

koyoyo,
yep, after so many yrs, still a student...haven't been inside LT27 for a while, so have no idea how it is now.

Luvz,
my case and your the almost the same...that's why htb wants to go sec sch too take pics...i think its a very nice idea to include your xiondis and jiemeis for the PS at the sch...so significant...hmmm, maybe i can copy your idea...but our sec sch now changed a lot cos it was refurbished

shybride, you also tempting me to buy wedding pens now....we intend to get pens with feathers though....

bedazzle

hey,

just to share a bit of info. Anyone of you shopped at City Plaza at Paya Lebar before? There are a lot of wholesalers there selling gowns, bags, shoes and clothes in general.

My friend bought a nice pair of heels for her wedding at only $60. It could hv cost like 100 bucks else where.

Also saw plenty of dresses for our mothers...not sure abt the prices though.

Can go and have a look if you happen to be in the area. My office is nearby so, have lunch at "Arnold Chicken" once in a while. It's like KFC, or Popeyes, but much much much nicer than either one. I think it has the best fried chicken in singapore now... keke.

nfk22

hi jule & R&J, my air tic include domestic flight. I flying to Tokyo then to Hokkaido. Then I will tour and travel downward to Osaka and fly out from Osaka. I told my FH that need to apply international licence he keep don't want to believe me haha. My friends who went Jap also told me the ppl there very nice and i know a little bit of Jap so think should be fine =)

Hi clndy & R&J, wow ur wedding day is so eventful. double happiness & triple happiness! clndy, I think a special montage for him will be very sweet. if you or ur friend r well versed in music, might want to write him a song.

Hi JJ, I will be displaying my wedding photos continuously before the banquet start. For first march-in I will show the montage of our childhood photos, dating photos etc. then 2nd march-in I will show video of my morning highlights. depends on individual, some people only play 1 video/montage during the whole banquet. for the march-in montage my PG will be doing for us. For the wedding photos montage I did using the DVD slideshow and it was ok. I think because my wedding photos resolution is very high so it turned out ok. But the file is very big have to burn into a disc.

Hi s'rene, saw ur outdoor photos. veri nice!

stnov

fifi...perhaps chicken have a stronger after taste dat baby dun like....or isit the garlic..kekeke....watever it is so long as baby is happi then great...=)

sleepycat....have heard of extreme instances of cravings dat the mummies crave & drool for food that they normalli stick their tongue out at....cant imagine if it happen to mi & i have turn to love parsley & celery....will faint de lor...=p

tinkybell

Mrs. Kel, ur pics look really nice to mani of us, so dun have to worri too much yeah... look forward to ur design n layout k...

Lex, ur gowns will be ready in no time, i am sure u will look great in ur mtm gowns....

Meiling, exactly... strange thing... i also cant really understand what is the BS arrangement. maybe i will ask my BS the next time i am there then see what they say...

Polar, do u feel excited of ur PS as the date draws near??

happinessbliss

Rach < i dun know if u fancy courts furniture... If u r, can apply for the Courts Card and pay by instalments... Or try Ikea? Ikea has very nice furniture at very "decent" price... husband and I are also getting our wardrobes from Ikea...
For painting, how abt painting yourselves...simple painting.... although i am moving in with MIL and HB, we still want to repaint the whole flat as well as do up HB's room...We are taking 2 days leave to paint the house maybe in July... We are taking it as an exercise to do things together...hehehe....Cos we also want to save $$ so doing everything ourselves.... Don't despair, I'm sure God will not leave u in the lurch... take this as a challenge for yr HTB and yrself... And a learning curve to solve things together as husband and wife... look on the bright side ya?
happy.gif

berry_egg

wow.. so many of you going to Japan.
Anyone going to Europe?
Both Europe and Japan are in my top 5 must go places in my life... hee Europe first ba.

Hi JJ, i posted in your mulitply leh. singyee78 is me...fancy u asking me which BS i am with. we shared the same coordinator and designer. hahaha, except that jeslin only design the EG. i'm using their embriodary OTR WG.

Hi CIndy, how about singing a song for your hubby? eg, he stand at the stage, waiting for you and you sing and walk in at the 2nd march in. I think that's very romantic leh. (though it would be much nicer if he's the one who sing and you walk in
happy.gif
)

Hey R&amp;J, my mum's bday also falls on my wedding. But she's not too keen to announce to all her bday. So we will prob celebrate with her one day earlier.
happy.gif

strawbsc

rach > 加油!!be positive..it works..positive energy and things will turn out fine. I m sure there are also other parties out there that also have $$ probs..but there will always be a way to solve.笑著還是è¦éŽæ—¥å­ï¹ï¹è‹¦è‘—還是è¦éŽæ—¥å­ï¹é‚£ä¸ç„¶ç¬‘è‘—ï¹æ—¥å­ä¹Ÿæœƒæ¯”較好éŽå“¦~...Life still have to go on..so be positive~ (^-^)

ahnetsan

dear rach, i can empathise u. initially i also have such $$ problems wif my FH. which is y we sort of delay our wedding plans...
sad.gif

but heng ar, his parents forking out money for BS package and dinner. so at least our burden is lightened alot!!

and u knw wat, my mum doesnt even give me dowry. and she doesnt fork out a single cent for me... her reason? she's a housewife and i dun bring money home so she's got no money. BUT guess wat, she can have money to go japan lor... she jus went japan in late march... so, imagine u in my shoes, my own mother says she got no money for me, yet she can happily go japan. JAPAN TOKYO leh!!!!

in any case, cheer up!!! God bless you!!
happy.gif
everything will work out jus fine for you and for all of us!!!

ahnetsan

rach, as for your house, like wat green says, at least you got your own house...
happy.gif
me and a few others fail dunno hw many times in balloting and we have yet to have our own house until now...

stay happy, at least you dun have to be like me or green, camp under SLE or BKE.
happy.gif

slowly ba, hopefully you can get the $2k rent and at least it will help tide you over for a while.

Relax and dun give up!!!

it's a waste to give up jus cos of the $$ issues now. im sure there are ways to salvage the situation!

btw, y u say GE loans interest are horrible? i tot they offer the cheapest interest rates as compared to other banks? hmmm i wanted to get a GE loan de, but after read wat u said, i've doubts liao.
sad.gif

ahnetsan

hw abt asking ur FH aka ID to get an advance loan from his company? mayb got further staff discount for doing ur house? den mayb slowly pay back?

hacking walls are expensive leh. and it's true lah, better to hack now than next time.

ahnetsan

kire, the shop at far east plaza sells all sorts of GDL and wedding stuff right? i remb i passed by the shop once, saw the stuff there, all very cute de!!! and guess wat, i remb seeing hello kitty bedside lamps there leh!! mayb u can go check it out tmr!!

i might pop by tmr after work. sms me or call me if you are still in the area at 6pm. i go join u to see see look look. and den can go yishun collect my birds nest from you. haha. i know i'm delaying it for a while liao, no time, sorry wor.
happy.gif

btw, you finished the bottle of birds nest yet? you really dun like the concentrated one ar? why ar?

ahnetsan

thanks to all... im feeling better le... guess it's the virus... doctor says it's stomach flu... sianz...

plus my whole office is so dusty now... the ventilation is super sucky lor. reach office only will sneeze and eye itch de... but once out of office, i feel so healthy.
sad.gif

ahnetsan

dor, you sure city plaza sells such things? i always tot city plaza sells mostly malay stuff. wah, i must go down one day and explore explore liao.

bean, if i cant find nice corsages at far east plaza, you must teach us ok? im still keen in it.
happy.gif

ahnetsan

haha it's me again... sian right?
happy.gif

anyway, my GDL date changed again... my stupid mum made a fuss cos my GDL is the same day as my cousin's wedding and tea ceremony. and she refused to arrange wif my other aunts the time for me to go deliver cakes and cards...

and FH's mum not happy lah, my mum not happy lah, den me in between lah, blah blah, me angry, blah blah, in the end, FH's mum changed the date to 8yue chu 7. shitty right?
sad.gif

haiz... haven even started to print wedding cards and other stuff... sianz.

sometimes i feel like calling off the whole thing. sucky feeling!!! and no one seems to understand or sympathise wif me!!! hate it

ahnetsan

oh ya, rach, you mentioned abt accompanying my mum to deliver the cakes and cards.... my mum even wants my FH to follow too!!! say wat this is the family tradition way lah, blah blah nonsense... stupid de lor. she die die must follow my other aunts way of doing things... sianz... haiz

fortunemew

reading this sept thread is good...from cheongsam (i need one too) to hand costages...all the info is here..!

Dor, ah yo i dun even know my GDL and An chuang date... i better go find out soon. i went to city plaza before...haha....ya think not much youngsters go there.....someone even tell me to go there look for cheaper cheongsam (!?!).

kireineko... think must give u a nick like "the know all" girl... hehee... yes i need flower hand corsages... will go see in far east level 3 during weekend..thanks!

Rach...jia you..!! hopefully the $$ problem will be solved eventually.

and ya i told alyvn that Rach got the free frame, and i ask him if he can give me.... :p been a nice guy,he agree. but i realise 24x30 is too big...! maybe i will ask him to do one size smaller.

fortunemew

ah net, urs not the worse case in acc mum to relatives.....my FH's dad will go china for a few mths and we have to go his relatives house ourselves without his dad to give the cards...LOL... quite weird right... haa..

flora_bliss

providencia, HTB and I have been together for 8 yrs, that isn't very short either I guess. But how come you thought it's more than 10?

koyoyo, if you guys are movie fanatics, you can try and see if you can hv your PS at the "Cathay Gallery".

I'll try to upload my wedding songs collection to my blog. But I'll be a little slow coz busy munching the books for exam. *Burp....

Just another updates. I've bought my wedding shoes, 2 pairs. Paid less than $150 in total. The pics are on my multiply blog.

For those who are new to this discussion, do add me to your multiply (ID : jomeow) and facebook ([email protected]).