(2008) Brides of year 2008

tinkybell

Lex, i am in the office only for that few hours and was out again so din have time to post... guess might MIA again this few days with the increase in work load.

Cyc, i have yet to decide on my PS date, need to settle my EG soon as i have yet to find something of my liking. And for tea ceremony, i would like to wear a tea-dress and hope i can get the ideal pc, otherwise will make do with Kua.

Meiling, thanks thanks....... there are stil other things that i need to buy, like the tea set n tangyuan bowls n all, need to work harder now... btw, u getting bedsheets??? i am looking for a queen red fitting sheet, see any rem to text me yah......... u mentioned that Bishan got wedding stuff to buy, wher??

Sue, i also wanna see ur AP box.

bedazzle

green,

I was in almost the same situation as you the past few months. My boyfriend also seems disinterested in the wedding preparations. When I nag at him to do things, he'll say that I'm too stressed out and placing too much emphasis on the wedding, and putting a strain on our relationship. In the end I couldn't take it any longer and emailed him all my grouses. Telling him exactly how I feel without being too emotional.
I think through writing, I can express my thoughts more logically.

After reading the email, I think he finally understood how I felt, and put in more efforts into the preparation. In 1 month, we finalised more than we did in the past 4 months!!

You might wanna try doing that and have a good talk with him.

Gina,

You AMK flat at 300+K? That seems like a good deal. Issit 3/4/5 room? location? which floor?? When did u buy?

koyoyo

wow seh,
Lex... you have my admiration.. you paint your fh room.. Haha if 5 yr ago i will do that .. Now i am just plain lazy.. so what color did u settle on? Did u guys get creative and add in a touch of some personal design?

CYc,
Congrats to you one thing down the list...Btw, i ws once tempted to try mtm but after trying diff facial package ., i am pretty convince no amt of $ can cure tt black circle or big pore on my face if i dun work hard by doing the pretty regime so.. haha do tell me if MTM works for u...

Gers,
I am looking for 1 or 2 pampering before the big day tat all.. Also starting to look at pl that does nice french manicure...still not sure what to look for .. wanna do fake nails but pass fren feedback is that removing it will be torture...what do u guys think?
Haha Sue,
the shop u went to at far east is the sub branch of the one i visited at JB citisq.. so how the stuff there?

Wow u guys are tempting me again w all the hi-tea.. yum yum bet it a good de-stresser.

Gosh lex,
U mean we have to speak french to eat french crusine at a french restaurant argh so tirring wonder if i can take a drumlet w my finger and chew it infront the of the waiter and tell em "it lickin good" ahah goosh i am turn off by how superficial it seem to dine at french restaurnat..

Hey gers,
how many of u are getting kua and how many getting teadress? I am thinking of wearing kua cos it once in a life time but i am not sure if i wan to get those tradditional shoes...

shinni85

hi PSH,hehe u are really cute...I be keeping my hair colour as what i have now with a little highlight.

hi M, thanks for replying...=)

raragal

kire>I beg to differ here though.. their complaints is often on their post-service in the sense that they take a long time.. but thats coz they have too many proj on hand.. thats why they can't finish on time.. and that's why they dun want to take up too many this year..
happy.gif

But I must say that their works are really good..esp animation.. I've seen the animation of many different companies and i think Stefine still has one of the best.. if u had really spoken to them, u'll know that they are actually very nice guys leh..
happy.gif

I've seen their works since July 2007 and fell in love at that moment with it..
happy.gif

The guys are friendly and nice... just that they duno how to PR and customer service la.. hahha.. abit shy shy kind.. but on the whole, they are really nice.. i dun go to them for service.. but i think they are not that bad.. but their end result is really good... its not like BS where u need to liase with them for months and months and alot of stuffs. its just give them storyline, they come up with it, we happy, they happy then AD take VG, at nite work is good.. then after that get CD and that's it. hehhe.. :p

No doubt about their end product. Its thumbs up!
happy.gif

Ah Net>went to Far East today and saw some heels.. was told that the heels min is 3 inch ah... faint... hehehe.. saw a pair nice.. but 3.5 inches! $99.90 but got 20% discount..
My BS provides all the accessories and if there's anything i dun like or can't match, they'll do one for me FOC.. heheh.. so no need to worry abt it..
happy.gif

Angela> You should start calling and reserving them liaoz... hehhee..coz its a popular month in Sept.. can tentative find out if they are free or not. then 2 months later call again. ;)

Gina> Found ur ID bo?? Hehehe.. can get quote from my FH leh..
happy.gif

green> dont think can.. $1 also can't loh.
happy.gif

aiyoh.. dun be so rash la... just talk to him nicely loh..some people just procrastinate..
happy.gif

waxie> if he wanna meet u to sign first, then u meet him to sign, else u can always efile...and then sign.. but do let him know that u are efiling before u do it... i called my JP, told him I'm efiling now, can i have his license no. So he knows that I'm having him for sure. heheh.. :p

And finally.. this is really moving fast now with all the BTBs gathering here.. hehehe.. jiayou ladies.. we are less than 150 days to our Big Day!
happy.gif

shybride

yes Ade! we are also using him for our AD. we really enjoyed doing the photoshoot with him, he's so nice & friendly
happy.gif

urmm.. how to share the photos ah? where did u gals post yours?

shybride

nelle nelle i also wanna see the pictures.. actually got try to open the attachment.. but by now so many postings, i oredi forget what it is.. haha :p

xinglin, the 'lobang' is that i have la senza privilege card.. so got 10% discount lor. not big lobang.. :p

urmm how do i show u my pics?? ok i post 1 here later

shybride

tried to upload another one but by the time i managed to resize it to the max allowed here, it's too blur and we look like hantus :p

strawbsc

rach > how did ur printing of invitation cards go??wah...wish I could have gone with u..

Green > this is actually the 1st step to marriage,thats wat my chiropractor will always tell me..This is the 1st thing in u and fh's lives that both of u have to decide and do things together.It is the very 1st hurdle both of u have to get over.加油!!
Guys are like that one..I think most of gf's hubbies like.I always hear this prob when they were getting married,I m always their listening ear during their wed prep.
Anyway,my fh and I quarrel abt the ROM/AD dates in sin and taiwan till we decided to split "areas".He will do everything in taiwan and I will b in charge of sin matters.In the end,he was shocked that I chose a venue that is alot cheaper and looks really nice and has better service.While my fh chose the 1st pl he saw (men r always lazy,they dun shop for their stuff).The venue he chose in tpe was v ex,their service was crappy and the venue..haha..lousy,its only coz' he tot the food was good.

As for the hdb,you can try lah.I noe my gf was over also and even wrote in to MP for appeal but no use.in the end,she got a resale instead.

Happiness&Bliss > hope ur dog gets well soon.

starry >I emailed my JP 1st dan called him at appropriate time when he was free.I got my date from a fortune teller in amk.Coz' they say some days have clashing chinese horoscope animals.Like for my date,pple born in the yr of pigs clash,so have to make sure none of my fh and my family members are born in the yr of pig lor.

strawbsc

oh yes,can I ask u girls if does any one of you engage your own MUA for the day instead of the one from the BS?Usually how much is it?

thank u so much~

princess_sue

morning ladies.

wah... koyoyo, serious ah.. that is the sub branch? They are related? haha.. but i wonder if the pricing is also related hahaha....

for me .. my tea dress is for me to send off my guest i will not be wearing my tea dress for my tea ceremony coz i have no time but since mine is a luncheon, i think the tea dress suits the 'afterevent' atmosphere. hehe:p

tinky, ok when you are online the next time i send you pics. Forum doesnt allow me to upload saying my pics too big as usual.
sad.gif

~sblbee~

cyc,
yah lor, i agree when it's ur wedding tis yr, it's kinda draining to b planning lotsa surprises, guz i'll b like u too, but luckily my fh's bday after our AD but i wonder will he b chin chye when it comes to my bday celebration which is b4 my AD :p
yah i hope i can confirm d EG design tis sunday n den i can rest in peace....hehe, getting slpless nites bcos of my EG :p

sue,
happy bday in advance! i've made a wasted trip cos d stall doesnt have wat im looking for but ended up feasting wif my fh again b4 i went home for dinner :p
will b accompanying my colleague to go shopping for her weding stuff after wk today...hopefully i can shun bian find some stuff of my own too :p

tinkybell,
i havent bought my bedsheets yet cos no bed but my frens all insisted dat i get 1 set but i was thinking if i only get my home after my wedding den no pt getting those wedding kind, might as well get d normal kind...
oh actually was there looking at d cartoon customised stickers n stamps but they cant accommodate to our request of putting in d icon, names n wedding date on d small sticker so it's a no-go for me...didnt get anything in d end but hope to get sth today :p

koyoyo,
yah i know dat they have another branch selling wedding stuff in m'sia but i didnt know dat it's related to d one u bought ur stuff, d AP packets available in d sg branch is really limited, wld have loved it if it's d one u bought....
hehehe...i've been eating non-stop these few days, wonder if i can zip up when i go down to my BS tis sunday for my fitting :p i'll b wearing teadress instead of kua on my AD but will still take pics of me wearing a kua during PS :p i'll b using d traditional shoes my fren bought me for d PS
happy.gif

~sblbee~

xinglin,
hi hi, glad to see u back
happy.gif
yah im a shoe freak, earring freak, bag freak n clothes freak....guz most gals r like me....hehe, i intend to have a walk-in wardrobe which my fh always complain dat im invading all d living space in future...

shybride,
wah, nice pic!
happy.gif
thanks for sharing wif us but i wana see oen wif ur face one
happy.gif
is it taken at fullerton cos d setting looks familiar? nice angle
happy.gif

xinyi_reiko

morning ladies..
happy.gif

yaya, indeed our big days is getting closer.. getting excited ya?? hehe..

shybride, you can upload the photos at multiply.
happy.gif
We shared our photos there..

btw, anyone have contacts for chartered bus service? I need it as my hubby's family does not have car. It will be good to chartered a bus to bring them to hotel on AD.

Hi strawclare, thanks for the info. Ya, I engaged my own MUA. She was strongly recommended by my friend. I think MUA normally charges $500 - $600 for 2 makeup & 2 hairdo + free trial. I book my MUA for 3 makeup & 3 hairdo, cos i wannt to change my makeup and hairdo for the second march-in.
happy.gif

rjwedding

hi berry_egg,

u are not mad.. so happy for u.. gald u had a great time having ur PS.. think every brides will feel blissful and we had made one of the most impt choice in our life..

make me so anxious for mine.. looking forward to it on 24 Apr.. will update u all again..

blur_queenie

Hi Ashley,

I understand how you feel, sometime i just wish i do not have to work for a short while to rest the mind and body.

I do have that notion though, read somewhere that it's beneficial to stay home when your kids are at the toddler stage, to induce stronger bond with your kids and watch them grow. It's something that you will not forget, your baby's first step, first words, etc. And like you, i do worry for the income as things are of higher price now. What's your plan? Gosh, talking about this when we are just few mths into the marriage..hah.

lsntyl

waxie>congrats on getting your JP.
happy.gif

strawclare>wah, thanks for those recommendations. Not familiar with some of them so must do research. I got my own MUA too. She came highly recommended by my BS and was v friendly when I met up with her so we signed up with her. Can send you her URL if you interested. Think if you take her package recommended by me can get slight discount for both of us.

green> cool down and talk to your FH bah. I'm sure he's concerned about the wedding too just that he might not know how to express. You know guys some times really v slow de. I did most of the research work for the wedding and he just go along mainly with what I suggested. But now he pull his weight by doing all the confirmations with the JP, photographer, jeweller, etc. Is a joint effort and maybe 1st real project for the 2 of you so gambatte.
happy.gif

Gina>300K+ doesn't sound so bad. How much COV and how big is your place?

Anyone wants to go to JB together one weekend to look into printing cards?
happy.gif

jedilim

Hi R&J, thanks for sharing, will try the software.

Berry_egg, great to hear that your PS turned out fine and it didn't rain, so lucky. Who is your PG and MUA? we both from DG, going photoshoot next Friday. can u share where u guys went for photoshoot?

ya when i read what u wrote on knowing he's the one, felt so sweet n touching, very happy for you too.

Hope for me, wouldn't be too tired out from all the changing and posing and outdoor shooting. will be very hot, seeing the recent weather.

Ah..n hope they can style my FH's hair nicely, cos it's short after reservist. how was yours, did they do foundation for ur FH? the designer told me that he should remove specs leh..anyone got same experience that guy got to remove specs for indoor photoshoot?

cyc

sue, i'll give porta porta a pass this year (for FH's bday dinner today). maybe for other occasions since he is so busy that he can't even cfm if can hv dinner with me tonight! ;p happy birthday in advance too! April is really a bday mth.. celebrated 4 bdays so far. hopefully another one tonight.. got a total of 7 bdays to celebrate this mth! so broke! haha...

tinky, r u thinking of making a tea dress or just buying OTR? i'm looking around for one too.. at centrepoint. got a few nice shops. will go with mum and fh next sun to look see again. update u again if its good.

meiling.. relax. i'm sure ur EG will look great! guess ultimately its the wearer that carries the gown.. that makes the gown stunning. not the other way around.. me too hv to keep reminding myself that! ;p

polarwhite80

hi koyoyo,
I am wearing kua for tea ceremony....

hi meiling,
hb n me wanna get those cartoon ink chop that has our english n chinese name to chop on our invitation envelope....

msbean

aiyo see like I not the only one same problem , bf/Hs dun care much of AD .All issue I the one handle , everytime I want him to help up to do something he will say I gan cheong la too early la . But I the type dun like last min . I have many thing to plan my wedding,my reno and my work lor . The thing is everytime he plan will corp up like my ROM , end up 2 JP hahahaha , this is what I worry also .

Confused right

If he plan I scare corp up . If he dun I feel he "BO XIN"

shybride

meiling, yep it's at fullerton.. the standard suite and standard door that look so familiar bcos it's quite common in magazines.. haha :p my PG says he has put an album of me and hubby at TWP and his own studio
happy.gif

i'll go home and upload another one tonight.. office no program to resize the photo

~sblbee~

tinkybell,
go wif me to M&M lah....den u can see d CS there
happy.gif

cyc,
thanks for being so ever-reassuring! i'll hope for d best too
happy.gif
im sure u'll look stunning in urs
happy.gif

queenie10

PSH,
most i'll be getting a dark brownish tone with a bit of red.My stylist advised if we want to have a glossy & radiant hair color,its best that we dye it not more than 1wk before our AD.

M,
tonight i going to chinatown,see i can manage to get the karaoke version...thks for ur info

~sblbee~

polarwhite,
actually tot of dat, but i think jb can do a better job cos sg d designs r rather limited n there's a limit to wat u can put on d stamp or sticker so i gave up d idea of doing it....i might wana try to DIY instead :p

superwoman_cqy

Shybride.. very artisitic photo there. Your hth was trying to look surprised to his beautiful bride when he opened the door is it? Nice... you have more photos to share with us? ;p

Nelle me want to see them too! [email protected] Thanks! (Will confirm my attendance for the meet up okie)

dodolet

Shy, pretty pretty bride leh. I wish i am as slim as you too. ^^;;

MeiLing, LOL.. I think you can convert a store room into your walk in wardrobe. Gals are known to need more clothes space liao. FH see my current wardrobe he also hinn liao.

waxie24

i read a book "men are from mars, women are from venus".. it wrote when we encounter troubles/frustration, we jus wan a listening ear.. but guys tend to bottle the problems (normaly they go into "bi guan xiu lian") to find a solution.

green> tell him that u would like his participation/invlovement in the preparations.. 2 minds work faster than 1..

rach> thank you for the information..

fortunemew

wow this thread running very fast....lots of topics..from shoe to bf to hdb....

green, my bf also lor...he delay in writing guest list...this weekend, i m going to nag him again to write. :p i keep asking him to write is partly because i want to know if i can fill up all my 22 tables. But after i write out mine, i realise i can fill up minimum 16 tables from my side, so 6 tables for his side shouldn't be a problem. i manage to negoitate for 22 tables only from orchard hotel that time...hee... partly cos i want to play safe and i prefer to invite ppl who are more close to me.

Ah net, gina, i also ballot like 6 times, after so much waiting, recently i got the Queenstown ballot no 314.
during the auspicious dates selection with fortune teller, she also told me it is best i use my name to ballot for hdb this yr, as my hubby-to-be got no luck. anyway, i juz follow wat she say. Earlier i always get the ballot number like thousands something.

But then,back to queenstown flats, there are only 280+ 4 rooms flats and half is not built up yet, and haven't minus off the non-chinese quota. to be honest,i dun want level 1 or 2 too...but government dun accept such reasoning.

did you girls realise it? i always heard ppl saying they ballot for fun only and they got it.

msbean

Fortunemew u live here me sia heehee me at Jalan membina . I hear b4 some only try for fun and they get it , they are super heng lor . I thinking how to get NUMBER 1 . Me 4 year ago start balloting for my idea area .

Idea area actually is Toa payoh but lost for 5 balloting ,I think no fate for the area

My flat heng for me to get 220 when there is only 465 units so I still have half to choose .

~sblbee~

shybride,
hehehe...no wonder, i found d place familiar as i've been celebrating my v-day at fullerton for d past 2 yrs :p sure look forward to view ur other pics cos tis really looks gd
happy.gif

sotonglet,
^5, we r d shopaholics :p hehehe....i alrdy used my storerm below my stairs to store all my shoes, den my clothes invaded 3/4 of my mum's master bedroom wardrobe, she felt so deprived n kept on nagging at me for my ever-increasing purchase...luckily i sorta reduce my earring purchase else she'll scream at me :p

waxie24

wah.. getting number #1 on the queue is like striking TOTO.. those who say try for fun and got it, i think they are jus treating balloting with a pinch of salt..
sounds like me getting driving lic, the more eager i wanna pass, the higher pts i get. but last attempt i was thinking sure fail and prepare for the worst, i passed with 10pts..

princess_sue

Hi mei/ cyc,

Thanks for your birthday greetings. Ya april seems to be a birthday month here too.. my colleague is one day after mine, my dad is one week before mine. Haha. Mei, I am sure you can easily shun bian get something for your own wedding. Hehehe.

Sigh… barely half the day still have so many hours more to go… argh.

dodolet

mzclaire, how's your church issue? settled?

shybride, you can put your pics into multiply or facebook and we go there and see too. ^^;;

necrosis

shy,
gorgeous...!!! *drool*
can't wait to see more! ;D

you can use microsoft paint to re-size photos.
be sure to save under a diff name tho!

ahdeahann

hey! now that u mention it, it is true! the more u want something, it seems harder to get! I must have spent at least $80 for all the ballots liao.. but still no luck through HDB. Finally bought a resale at Serangoon.

msclaire

Thanks a lot for all the advice. I went down yesterday to talk to the other groom and our administrator. Things didn't end on a very good note and we almost quarrelled, but that's not to be talked abt here. The administrator asked if we would like to take the smaller canteen, and build my tentage there instead. At first I was not willing because it doesn't have aircon, but he said he is willing to take care of that on church expense, so I really appreciate his efforts to help us resolve the situation. He's a very nice guy. I think we can only make best of our situation and hope we don't have any more problems from this point.