(2008) Brides of year 2008

mingming_chichi

Annette> I have no other choices, as i was only given 5 dates to choose, all in Nov and Dec, which are weekend and Fridays...but they are all full for 99% of hotels!!!! Argh... I ahve no choice.. my relatives and friends have to take leave then... I already prempt them

necrosis

how abt putting your hard earned money to a good cause?

like donations to nec so that she can buy a wedding ring!!! :D
hehehe... :p

seriously, how abt making a donation on your wedding day to some charity?
sort of goodwill action....?

do i make sense?
probably not...

:p
i still dont have a proposal or ring!!!
sad.gif

no need to scratch anything but backside... :p

~sblbee~

nelle,
u r really a v high-class lady...i nv tot of a 600-threadcount bedsheet n mattress though but will most prob b going to europe for my honeymoon if my fh can make it
happy.gif

nec,
dun worry, ur P-day will come soon...anyway ur Ad is still in dec so ur htb has lotsa time to pop d qn, mayb he's planning sth special for u
happy.gif

cacky

Yah lor ... me too. You started balloting already? We've been submitting our applications too. But it's so disheartening to see humungous amounts of applications for so little units.

~sblbee~

cacky,
yes i've submitted n even went to view d showroom flats at toa payoh but i doubt chances will b high as d chinese quota there is v low
sad.gif

eunicet

I realised my folly. I think rings aren't so expensive, must be $500 per ring...Gosh. So ex man. My friend just told me that he spent $1.1k PER ring!! From Cartier...WAHH!!!

gingerbread_gal

Hi,
I think some ppl take the 3-4 mths avoidance of others weddings very seriously but others ppl are fine with it. If you are fine with it, then you might have to check with the other couple's wedding whom you are attending.

this thread is moving real fast....
happy.gif

shybride

kittyng i just spoke to my florist for the 1st time just now.. yeah he also says need to bring pictures of my gowns to show him. you want specific flowers ah? which flowers?

gingerbread_gal

Hi,
you girls must had a fun time chatting last night!
happy.gif

I think I read something abt si dian zhuan? wat's that and how diff is it from si dian jin? I thot if the bride's side request si dian jin, then groom's side have to give?

I seriously thought of making my wedding a more environment friendly one as I'm quite environment conscious. But it is really diff to do so in S'pore (at least in the context of weddings) cos env friendly weddings are more for outdoor weddings.
Then I also thought of sending the flowers which are left over from the wedding reception to hospitals or old folks home or some other homes. These were some suggestions for a more env friendly wedding.

but don't know if send to those places, will the flowers be seen as redundant.

Regarding engagement ring, I will always wear it when I go out on weekends. Cos I don't wear it to my lab on weekdays, so on weekends, will take any opportunity to wear it. Vain right? :p

shybride

nec you wanna do the donation thing ah? really?

hey gals help me see whether i have missed out any of the 'miscellenous' 'small' items to buy / prepare:

Corsages (for jie meis)
Flower girl basket
Ang pau packets
Bridal bedsheets / bed runner
Pens (for solemnization at banquet)
Ang pau box (provided by hotel)
Guest book (provided by hotel)
Pens (provided by hotel or buy if want colored)
Xi stickers (how many ah?)

anything else?

melo_ddy

Hi jes, have a good chat with yr parents first and hear what they have to say. Im sure things will work out.

Im leaving all the montage and songs to my hubby but i doubt he has time to do. Meanwhile maybe i try to explore and see if i can get it done myself.

flora_bliss

sigh... I damn stress now. Can't make out what the trainer is explaining tdy.

Jac, si dian jin is 4 pieces of gold jewellery. Si dian zhuan on the other hand is 4 pieces of diamond jewellery.

Meiling, my MIL say she wants to give me Si dian zhuan and she wants me to choose them myself. Currently out of the 4 items, I only lack the bracelet. So am thinking of asking my MIL to just buy the tennis bracelet, instead of buying all 4 items.

~sblbee~

shybride,
wah...think u got d major stuff alrdy, u got a wedding ring pillow alrdy rite? mayb still got GDL stuff, wedding cakes/pastries, wedding shoes, accessories etc
d xi stickers, it depends on d area u wana paste...if u r referring to d ones stick on d wall...perhaps u may wana get stickers for ur invites as well :p

hi jac,
thanks for sharing d web links! zhuan is diamond, jin means gold :p wah...it's so sweet of u to think of sending flowers but hor, wat do they do wif d flowers leh? for my cousin, she gets all d relatives to bring d flowers back to their homes as she has paid for them so it wont go to waste :p
hehehe...it's like dat one....im wearing my proposal ring everyday though it's not super huge or sparkling...but it signifies d special moment when he proposed to me....den i'll take out my wedding bands n admire once in a while too
happy.gif

~sblbee~

flora bliss,
hehehe...it's ok one lah, dun b stress, i usually go to briefings until i damn blur lor...come out my mind went blank :p
wah...i think it's a gd idea oso, better to go for quality instead of quantity....i wonder wat will i get since i cant get earrings :p for me, shd b necklace, pendant, bracelet n ring ba :p

providencia

shybride,ryu,i dun mind not getting the si dian jin since it's not their custom, but i hear from htb that mil will give me someting else, hope it's something good, maybe something with lots and lots of diamonds (dream dream)
But i was told that i must "bring gold" into the family, so I must go and buy 4 pieces of gold.
If i dun wear my rings, htb will "scold" me, say spent so much money only to keep it in the box, no different from walking to the shop display and looking at it everyday (man - their thinking is a bit weird sometimes)
nec, your time will come, be patient
happy.gif
me proposal done, but no ring yet.
Jac, er, cannot anyhow sent flower to hospital one, maybe can send to homes.

xenxen

Hi gals,

do ur ve any printing shops to recommend for printing of invitation cards ?
my hotel recommended Lil'Art but i find that the price is more ex compared to Focal Ad - recommended in brides forum.

tis sun will be choosing the cards n then will send for printing. need some help on this..

zenith

selina,

my AD is on the 21st so the earliest i can leave is 22nd nite. initially wanted to take the 24th morning hokkaido pkg frm SA but maybe now change of plans. might be going somewhere nearer 1st then end of the year go somewhere further. so most prob not going hokkaido liao. my FH is in the civil service, posted to somewhere 'ulu'. so there's no way to negotiate how long he can be away. he has to take a flight to another country before he can fly back to SIN so to & fro waste 2 days liao. then ROM side he has to be back between 3-5 days before AD. so many things to factor. i having headache where to go due to the tight time-line.

nlimm

huh i thought si dian jin or si diao zhuan is a must regardless of dialect gp? my MIL nvr say anything, dun know whether im getting also
sad.gif

providencia

flora bliss, it's normal for me to go to meetings, can't contribute and come out blur blur.
brought work back, but forgot a impt file, so cannot finish, bang head.

gingerbread_gal

Oh I see...wow, now even got si dian zhuan...traditions are evolving real fast!

Meiling,
but won't know how the floral arrangement will be like at hotel. I also dun know what the ppl at the homes will do with the flowers....was thinkiing its a nice gesture to send flowers to ppl...

providencia,
hehe, I know wat u mean abt cannot anyhow send flowers to hospital...still toying with the ideas...seems such a big waste to let the flowers be used for only those few hours.

skyea

Hi ladies!
happy.gif

Kittyng, mine is on 6 Mar. Gotta recee for outdoor locations this weekend. Hehe.

thias, my brother used Lil'Art and they're quite good. But agree with you that they're quite expensive. Read about Wedding Chymes or something in the forum. Seems quite good, but not sure about the price. Maybe you can check it out.

shybride

providencia, wow really? the bride gotta bring gold into the family? must it be like the 4 dian jin? yellow gold? or white gold can or not?

meiling, i have ring pillow.. got it free from lee hwa when bought the wedding bands..wedding shoes i bought 1 pair, now designer asked me to buy another pair of 'ballerina shoes', dunno what he means.. : / accessories i just wearing whatever jewellery i have.. as for the GDL stuff, it's the biggest headache! so i decided if mil and my mum both never say anything, i just act blur too :p

then last week b4 AD, will go and buy the traditional stuff put on the bed one.. anyone knows what's those things?

tinggy

You can contact Ah Lam 96605385. They provide AD photographer and videographer. Just that my bridal shop provide AD photographer so i didnt take up. They have videographer that range from $1000 -$1200 (inclusive of express montage). You can make appointment with him to view the respective videographer's work.

nlimm

cassie/ minming: within 4 mths b4n after our wedding cnat attend other wedding also ah?! i only know siblings from the same family cant have wedding wihtin 4mths fr each other, tts y my younger sis is in june n mine in dec

shybride

annette, urmm i also dunno what stuff.. when i was my frens' jie meis, i saw this basket with some things inside put on the marital bed.. i think got a pair of chopsticks? can't remember what else ..

shybride

hey jac, thanks for the pdf links! very interesting to read.. and it has helped to increase my currently-very-pathetic knowledge of traditions
happy.gif

plasterbride

Annette (nlimm) >>> I am holding mine at Carlton. my contract states a range of min 23 tables, max 38 tables. we done up an estimate, we might have around 30-35 tables. so quite comfortable.

oh ya....maybe can consider restaurant...that day i went pass a teochew restaurant at clarke quay..think it is called peony jade...there is a wedding held there...it is of great ambience with a nice staircase to the ballroom...the guests look excited also...but not sure the restaurant capacity...

my advice is better do up a rough estimate of your guest list first, this is the best way to gauge how many tables you need, and find a hotel that suits your requirement...cos no point engaging the hotel ballroom and diehard to meet the minimum number by inviting guests which you are not close with them..for me, I prefer to just invite friends and colleagues who I am close and really feel their blessings & usually close friends will not play you out on your actual day...the worst is when guests play you out and many tables went empty...i been jie mei before, know how badly this will be like..not only you lose out the hongbaos, you has to pay the price of the table without anyone eating the food.

oh ya, if you need to find any shifu to check a auspicious date etc, i has a recommendation, he is quite understanding -- he understand now is very difficult to book hotels so he will give a few dates for you, if these dates are unable to get hotel booking, he will ask you to give you the dates which hotel has slots and he check the best date for you and advise you..on top of that he will give alot of advices including An-Chuan, opening new house door and even fortune telling after advising you the auspicious wedding date
a very friendly shifu...

pin&jie8275 (pinjie8275) >>> really ah ??? GSS no good deal on wedding band ah ??? =(
ya...i just went to Love & Co last weekend to take alook, i love their designs, price reasonable too. I think their price is similar to Soo Kee. what Soo Kee has for wedding band, they also has but more variety...but just 2 things, sookee card cannot be used there, they strictly has no discount / promotions all year round, and my HTB find the white gold rings there no weight, kinda of light. actually i kinda of feel and weigh them against my fake steel ring, it's true, they don't really feel heavy..i went to goldheart to compare, goldheart wedding band weigh much heavier..feel more like gold...hehe...anyone share the same experience as us ???

I also heard of this that cannot attend wedding 3 mths before your wedding.
my coordinator told me it is more logics than superstitous, because people may compare with other people wedding or/and be jealous and end up quarrel & unable to get married, and also because when you are getting married, you are the "king" / "queen" so one place cannot keep 2 "king" & "Queen"..something like that...hahaha...it is up to you to believe or not....hahaha....but i guess also depends on how close your relationship is...

my problem i faced is, all my close friends have been bridemaids for >3 times, and they are mostly not yet married, so all scare they unable to get married, all refused to be my jie-meis, cos they heard if u be jie-mei for >3 times, you be unable to get married...sob sob...and married gal cannot be jie-meis....is it true...feel sad lei...my wedding has no jie-meis....somemore they are my close friends...

eveve

ahnet> I'm thinking since your WG is already a bustier then go for something different for your EG. I think a sexy cheongsam sounds very nice!
happy.gif

~sblbee~

jac,
it's a nice gesture on ur part...if u really want to do so, den have to start looking for places whereby u can donate
happy.gif

shybride,
d ballerina shoes may mean those wif long ribbon for u to tie up till ur calves
happy.gif

dun owrry abt wat to buy, d ppl selling thoes stuff will advise u one
happy.gif

providencia

shybride, MIL says must be yellow gold, white cannot. dun have to be si dian jin, just as long as there are 4 pieces.my in-laws are cantonese, so maybe this applies to them only.Are the ballerina shoes for yourself? so strange, what do u do with flat shoes?

ling27

hi zen, oic.. must be hard on the planning part. Anyway, wish you all the best. dun worry.. everything will turn out just fine.
happy.gif

kitty_ng

Morning ladies!!!

Shybride, i personally like tulips. But can't imagine the flowers to match e gown too. So may need more advice fr the florist...hee
happy.gif

Ade, that's a gd idea. i shd recee the place too. But can we go to anywhere we wan or actually needs to plan the places nearer, the better?

~sblbee~

providencia,
same here, my in-laws r cantonese so they'll b getting me si dian jin...
there r some ballerina look-alike shoes which r wedges or heels...

princess_sue

morning gals...

early morning see some stupid email... make my blood boil.. there is this regional mgr here who works like she is the post office.. the only thg she does is to forward emails 1. fwd and ask pp to do.. 2. fwd and ask pp to read the self explantory. 3. fwd and ask pp to read for info. ...

she can practically ask for info and then forward the whole info out.. without understanding anything.. when the other party request for more info.. forward the whole email back and get you to advise.. WHY IS SHE HERE? JUST WASTING THE RESOUCES WE HAVE. her salary can be used to employ many more of us who can simply do the work much better than her.

sigh.. sorry for complaining early in the morning.. juz could not help it.. when i see her stupid email in the morning... spoil my entire day.

Hi Jes... how are things going? everything ok?

xinyi_reiko

morning ladies..
happy.gif

thias, my hotel also recommanded Lil'Art, and my and my hubby decided to use them also.
happy.gif
now finalising the details, hopefully this weekend can fax in our orders. But I will be printing wedding inserts only. Pricing part, is around the same as other like T dragron.

koyoyo

haha sportgal
Indeed the world is small .. jeslyn if u are still around do visit the link and see if that wat you have in mind.. else i show you mine.. if you like than i tell you what software i use.
hey sue,
trust me i met such postman .. got one in my off tat sickening mgr i told you b4 do nothing except planning n direct email..

polarwhite80

hi sue,

relac.... well, there r juz ppl in the world who actually can make "roti prata" or even play "taiji" better than us.... wat can we say or do.... hammer heart lor....