(2008) Brides of year 2008

cordie

hi meiling
so qiao...yah we gave up a q for the punggol treetop also...also waiting for dec one...i hope the amk DBSS release soon though....
happy.gif

hi liting
true will develop, jus dunno when only mah...cos must stay at least 5 yrs...so tot might as well get the ones thats at least convenient...when we got the punggol ones...i so scare nobody take up the flat...and with no one means every facilities will be delayed mah...like only recent few yrs sengkang got more facilities...and the mrt station open for use...really worry.....

~sblbee~

hi purplevelvet,
welcome to d thread...care to provide me wif more details so dat i can update d table wif ur info
happy.gif

hi tinkybell,
no prob, juz let me know if u do need any help
happy.gif

hi Belinda Lee,
video express is d summary of wat happened for d whole day n photo montage is a collection of ur pics...frm childhood till present, hope it answers ur enquiry
happy.gif

hi all,
here's d updated....
<table border=1><tr><td>AD Date</TD><TD>Username</TD><TD>ROM Date &amp; Venue</TD><TD>Venue</TD><TD>BS</TD><TD>PG</TD><TD>VG </TD></TR><TR><TD>4-Oct</TD><TD>Belinda Lee</TD><TD>4-Aug-2007 (Changi Village Hotel)</TD><TD>Marina Mandarin</TD><TD>Sattine Bridal Couture</TD><TD>Sattine Bridal Couture</TD><TD>Not confirmed </TD></TR><TR><TD>4-Oct</TD><TD>Jeslyn Lee</TD><TD>NA</TD><TD>Furama Riverfront</TD><TD>Not confirmed</TD><TD>Not confirmed</TD><TD>Not confirmed </TD></TR><TR><TD>4-Oct</TD><TD>koyoyo</TD><TD>23-Jan-2008</TD><TD>Park Hotel - Orchard</TD><TD>Golden Horse Award</TD><TD>Bobman Wedding Services</TD><TD>Vocare Media </TD></TR><TR><TD>4-Oct</TD><TD>tinkybell</TD><TD>4-Oct-2006 (Aranda Country Club) </TD><TD>Le Meridien</TD><TD>Seletar BW</TD><TD>InJack Studio</TD><TD>InJack Studio </TD></TR><TR><TD>4-Oct</TD><TD>uksportgal</TD><TD>4-Oct-2007 (Changi Village Hotel)</TD><TD>Swissotel Stamford</TD><TD>Modern Classic (Macau)</TD><TD>1950 Photography</TD><TD>Not confirmed </TD></TR><TR><TD>4-Oct</TD><TD>iriswil</TD><TD>18-Jun-2007 (GP's pte house garden)</TD><TD>Orchid Country Club</TD><TD>French Bridal</TD><TD>Mojoideas</TD><TD>Not confirmed </TD></TR><TR><TD>4-Oct</TD><TD>sunny bear</TD><TD>NA</TD><TD>Not confirmed</TD><TD>Not confirmed</TD><TD>Not confirmed</TD><TD>Not confirmed </TD></TR><TR><TD>5-Oct</TD><TD>whaleywilly</TD><TD>NA</TD><TD>Marina Mandarin</TD><TD>Not confirmed</TD><TD>Not confirmed</TD><TD>Not confirmed </TD></TR><TR><TD>9-Oct</TD><TD>AJ Wech</TD><TD>NA</TD><TD>Rasa Sentosa</TD><TD>Not confirmed</TD><TD>Not confirmed</TD><TD>Not confirmed </TD></TR><TR><TD>10-Oct</TD><TD>xmasnowy</TD><TD></TD><TD>Not confirmed</TD><TD>Not confirmed</TD><TD>Not confirmed</TD><TD>Not confirmed </TD></TR><TR><TD>10-Oct</TD><TD>ChunChun</TD><TD>27-Oct-2007</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11-Oct</TD><TD>Mal</TD><TD>19-Jan-2008</TD><TD>Merchant Court</TD><TD>Thomson Wedding</TD><TD>Jude Seah</TD><TD>Nacho Motions </TD></TR><TR><TD>11-Oct</TD><TD>silent</TD><TD>NA</TD><TD>Raffles the Plaza</TD><TD>J&amp;M</TD><TD>Not confirmed</TD><TD>Not confirmed </TD></TR><TR><TD>11-Oct</TD><TD>sher</TD><TD>NA</TD><TD>Le Meridien</TD><TD>Golden Horse Award</TD><TD>Not confirmed</TD><TD>Hubby's friend </TD></TR><TR><TD>11-Oct</TD><TD>mrs kel</TD><TD>28-Sept-2008 (Singapore Flyer)</TD><TD>Hotel Intercontinental</TD><TD>Di Gio</TD><TD>Not confirmed</TD><TD>Not confirmed </TD></TR><TR><TD>17-Oct</TD><TD>^MeiLinG5^</TD><TD>17-Oct-2008 (Marina Mandarin)</TD><TD>Marina Mandarin</TD><TD>White Link</TD><TD>Photo Language</TD><TD>Hilo Production </TD></TR><TR><TD>18-Oct</TD><TD>PolarWhite</TD><TD>18-Oct-2008 (Mariott Poolside Pavillion)</TD><TD>Mariott (Hi-Tea)</TD><TD>Golden Horse Award</TD><TD>1 Eye Click</TD><TD>Not confirmed </TD></TR><TR><TD>18-Oct</TD><TD>Jesl</TD><TD>11-Oct-2006</TD><TD>Park Hotel Orchard (20-Oct)</TD><TD>Di Gio</TD><TD>AM,PM</TD><TD>Benson Neo </TD></TR><TR><TD>18-Oct</TD><TD>melody</TD><TD>NA</TD><TD>Grand Hyatt</TD><TD>Divine Coulture</TD><TD>Not confirmed</TD><TD>Not confirmed </TD></TR><TR><TD>18-Oct</TD><TD>snowypooh</TD><TD>07-Jul-2007 (Furama City)</TD><TD>Secret Venue</TD><TD>Not confirmed</TD><TD>Bobman Wedding Services</TD><TD>Not confirmed </TD></TR><TR><TD>18-Oct</TD><TD>sue</TD><TD>18-Oct-2008 (Conrad)</TD><TD>Conrad (Lunch)</TD><TD>U Style</TD><TD>U Style</TD><TD>Not confirmed </TD></TR><TR><TD>18-Oct</TD><TD>Liew Rachel</TD><TD>NA</TD><TD>Meritus Mandarin</TD><TD>Di Gio </TD><TD>Not confirmed</TD><TD>Not confirmed </TD></TR><TR><TD>18-Oct</TD><TD>lynn</TD><TD>19-Oct-08</TD><TD>Holiday Inn Park View (19-Oct)</TD><TD>Seletar BW</TD><TD>FH's neighbour</TD><TD>Not confirmed </TD></TR><TR><TD>18-Oct</TD><TD>pipi</TD><TD>27-Dec-07 (StarDus)</TD><TD>Hilton</TD><TD>Sattine</TD><TD>Not confirmed</TD><TD>Not confirmed </TD></TR><TR><TD>25-Oct</TD><TD>lrs1025</TD><TD>NA</TD><TD>Not confirmed</TD><TD>Not confirmed</TD><TD>Not confirmed</TD><TD>Not confirmed </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

~sblbee~

mrs kel,
ok, im gona add u, must approve me ok? gona smack ur backside alrdy, hehe....IT is v impt in teaching nowadays...so must punish u :p

princess_sue

wah mei.. you so fierce ah... smack pp backside hahaha

wah nv log in ytd so many posts suddenly. did you enjoy yourself ytd? hope you did.

hi chunchun, purple, welcome to the big family.

Hey tinky, dun feel so sad...you still have us..
happy.gif
we can always lend a helping hand if you need any. cheer up * hugx *

lovebytemi

Sorry babes, can't help there as my AD is only on the 26th of Jan.

Went to church yesterday to speak to priest about our solomisation in church.. WOO HOO! everything went well. So glad that this priest was really nice and easy going about a lot of things. COOLIOS.

As for Honey Moon... haven't planned haven't looked... and my HTB dun want tour... he is the backpacker sort... but I told him if want me to back pack CAN... on condition he carry my hair dryer, my conditioner, and the many other bottles of beauty products.... haha! Was thinking that we might do a road trip.... drive around somewhere... or even maybe a getwaway from the hussle and bussle of city.. =)

wendily

sleepycat

I havent not book my HM yet. Korea sounds good. You paid only $1.5 for 8 days ah? That sounds really reasonable.

But have to ask hubby wanna go anot.

tomoko77

Hi All,

Dun be too worry for punggol area. I bought punggol 21 last years is like selling hotcakes i wan higher floor also cant get, ended up i got #6.

sleepycat_1

wendily, u might want to call them to check, cos not sure abt the pricing now. their number is 6533 7377
happy.gif

It would be fun to get to know more people thru the tour
happy.gif

sleepycat_1

Kymmie, no prob. My posting was a random shot in the dark..haha!

I am meeting my pastor this Saturday for my last session of marriage prep and also to talk abt the details ceremony. The wedding seems so close liao!

tomoko77

Hi All,

Dun be too worry for punggol area. I bought punggol 21 last years is like selling hotcakes i wan higher floor also cant get, ended up i got #6.

~sblbee~

hi liting,
thanks for ur well wishes! hope dat i can get my ideal flat soon
happy.gif

hi cordie,
heard amk dbss will b released end 2008...heard it's gona b real ex...

hi tomoko77,
i dun wana punggol area...

malchan

Morning everyone..

Welcome chunchun &amp; purplevelvet.

Chunchun my AD is a day after yours
happy.gif

Meiling &amp; haze: How was shopping y'day? Wat's the damage?

Mrs kel: t-shirt &amp; jeans for my jiemei was one of my option if I can't get any nice dresses. I intend to add crsytals to the t-shirt that reads 'bridesmaid' or something along that line... Coz it's a headache trying to get something that all of them like (colour, design, length etc)..

Belinda: You can look at the VG in the list that Meiling consolidated here and call up someone not taken up on your AD. This will definitely save you alot of time calling a VG taken up on your AD. You can try my VG, Hoki from Nachomotions. He charges 1.5k. You can tell him that Marilyn recommended
happy.gif

purplevelvet: I'm also looking for a pair of bling bling shoes... I need 4" with a little platform in front coz I'm really really short.. hahah

~sblbee~

sue,
hehehe....cos mrs kel v nice one lah, she wont mind one :p
hehehe...yah lor, tm n thu i'll b on 1/2 day...at least can tok to u all for a while :p
hmm...yest went shopping n dinner wif koyoyo, v tempted to buy paradox shoes dat cost $300+ per pair....luckily didnt buy :p

moments0442

woow~!!! quite few of you have already bought the shoes? wow... tat's fast!!! Any recommendations??? =P

After looking @ the spreadsheet, then realise wedding plan with details will @ least be a load off ur mind... really cool...

zenith

hi valerie,
i've received. managed to open this time.
happy.gif
thanks so much. u're veri detailed. i see alreadi so stress.......

wah, u girls hv done so many things alreadi. i'll onli be doing my gown after cny since i dun hv photoshoot.

malchan

mei: I got my ROM dress liao so will get a pair of shoes that I can also wear for my AD...

Btw, do you gals intend to rent the evening gown for ya mums from the BS? Coz i asked mine and she quoted me 'few hundreds' to rent.. I think it's pretty steep... I might buy it from Daniel Yen or similar for them if its more than 150 to rent...

mage

sleepycat, can't help you there too. I've already booked my Krabi getaway.

The wedding is about 46 days away only! Its seems like yesterday only when I first started counting down... then it was still 3 digit figure.

piggypang

Add me....

Ami - 5 July 2008 / Furama Riverfront / No BS yet
Winwin - 6 July 2008 / Grand Copthrone Waterfront / Bridal Zone
R&amp;J - 6 July 2008 / Novotel Clarke Quay / Sophia Wedding
Gloomybear - 6 July 2008 / Four Seasons Hotel / No BS yet.
Praisey - 6 July 2008 / No venue / No BS
Piggypang - 06 July 2008 /Marina Mandarin / Whitelink
MT - 12 July 2008 / Marriott Hotel / Thomson Wedding Design
qunqun - 13 July 2008 / Grand Copthrone Waterfront / Yvonne Creative
BBIguana - 14 &amp; 19 July 2008 / Changi Village Hotel(ROM) &amp; Marriott Hotel / Flamingo Bridal / Linn Kong Photography
Nehoc - 18 July 2008 / Oriental / Julia Wedding News /Plushphotography[ROM]Oneeyeclick[AD]
S'rene - 19 July 2008 / Peony Jade Restaurant / Elegance Wedding Collection (JB) / Snapxot Photography
Vividz - 20 July 2008 / Novotel Clarke Quay / J&amp;M
De_princess- 20 July 2008 /The Arts House &amp; Marina Mandarin/ Silverlining Bridal Couture
Jule - 25 July 2008 / Raffles the Plaza / Yvonne Creative / EmOti0nPix
berry_egg - 26 July 2008 / Peach Garden @thomson plaza / Di Gio
Flauntiq- 26 Jul'08/ No banquet / French Bridal
Stef - 26 &amp; 27 July 2008 / Novotel Clarke Quay / French Bridal
Ling - 27 Jul 2008 / HIPV / My Bridal Room

hapimint

I also dun want punggol and sengkang area.... cos my parents live in the north west and his parents in the north....

I told him that I will only consider flats in the north and west zone... The furtherest that I was willing to go was only to AMK.....

i still prefer to stay at least within reach of my parents n his parents...

stnov

for us we have had no plans for HM as yet so likely to be after CNY as work doesnt permit HM after AD in Jan anyway.....

mage....im feeling realli panicky now as ours is onli 29 days away....fainted!!! I have not even ordered my GDL cakes for sun man....Coolzzz, deep breath.....

rjwedding

think most of us not superstitious, parent are.. actually me n my hubby not superstitious, but my MIL is.. so she give us alot of comments.. actually we wanted to hold it in Apr, but she said the QingMing period, not good.. haiz.. hopefully she don't give comments on my wedding gown.. stress leh.. haven't start my gown selection yet..

belinda26

Meiling,

the one that is usually shown before the banquet is photo montage and not video express is it? And if i want to show pple a short video of the gate crashing activity in the morn together with the photo montage, is it called video express?

~sblbee~

mal,
wah....post pics of ur ROM dress, i wana see n den can suggest where to buy shoes....wat colour u gona get? silver?
my mum intend to tailor make leh...or get frm coutiques but im sure she cant wear daniel yam ones....hahaha....so evil :p

belinda,
d 1st one usually is photo montage to describe d life stories of d couple n den video express will b played b4 d 2nd march-in to show d morning activities...den some VGs oso throw in a wedding summary which includes d wedding banquet happenings at d end
happy.gif

pinkybtb

icyxiaozhu,
actually i have selected some EG n WG from magazines but i am not sure if they can MTM to exactly to that or not. My sister told me usually MTM is they take an old gown and add the details in only. very simple design

wenwen2112

Hi Valerie, can send me your spreadsheet to take a look as well. thanks.

Zen, why issit you not gg for Photoshoot ? Fear not, you still have time... we need just 2-3 months for MTM gowns.. so shd be still ok...

tomoko77

Hi Meiling,

I take punggol 21 bcos near mrt n cheaper than town area by ard 100K and cheaper than the rest area ard 50K. Plus we prefer new house.

My parent stay at telok blangah n his parent at tampines so no problem for us.
Bus 34 to his parent place.
Mrt to harbourfront to my mum place.

chun_chun

hi! thanks for the warm welcome *beams* so touched!

meiling, thanks for adding me to the list! my ROM was on 011207. my AD will be at Novotel Clarke Quay. everything else i haven't started searching yet. *shivers*

mrs kel &amp; mal, u 2 are having the same AD! wow! congrats congrats! &amp; it is a sat! that is good! *envious* 111008 is a good date!
happy.gif

koyoyo, i will put up pics of my manicure on my multiply tonite so that you can take a look
happy.gif
meanwhile, can add me as your contact - fattybombom13.
happy.gif

mage

Stnov, I can imagine your panic! I'm only going to discuss GDL stuff tml only! Scary!

Can I ask you something? You saw my gown right, does it look weird if I were to wear my necklace with pendant with my WG?

wendily

I'm in the panic room now!

I basically have not get anything done yet!! not even the guest list or the invitation card...

Cham cham.. i feel like the wedding is going to be a flock...

~sblbee~

hi chunchun,
no prob, opps....i'll update ur ROM date again, my fren's AD on ur ROM date leh...ok, will include ur hotel venue in d table as well
happy.gif

~sblbee~

mindy,
my 1st choice is still amk but hor, d flats there r so ex....my fh's fren bought a 4-rm unit near amk hub at $440K...i was like...:p
i'll consider sengkang, hougang, toa payoh, serangoon or bishan as i prefer nth-east
happy.gif

tomoko77,
wah...u so gd...for me, there's no direct transport for us to our parents' place in amk n serangoon nth so i wld really prefer smwhere more accessible
happy.gif

pinkyting

All ladies,

Actually to think abt it, punggol in future develop till very good den when u wanna sell oso can fetch a high price leh.. keke.. If u think will sell la..

I dt mind punggol coz both our parents stay at hougang.. keke... so no big problem.. so we will either chose seng kang or punggol or buangkok loh..

Meiling,

I thot lately seng kang juz release duno wat name la.. i know is at the begining of seng kang leh.. down there already very crowded liao so not so quiet.. The punggol lodge not bad leh.. quite near to MRT within walking distance la.. but i think their application already close liao.. did u subscribe from HDB to email u the latest updates?

icyxiaozhu

Hi Pinky,

Take e old one n add details? I dun think so la.. coz they have to do to ur measurement right? Hahaz.. at least tat's wat i think ah.. for e MTM, for complicated gowns with beads n laces.. they will charge extra de.. so u have to check wit ur BS first k.. =P

cordie

hi meiling...
u and me the same...my 1st choice still amk cos i grew up there lah...go anywhere also convenient...but true its very exp lor...my fren also get there...and they pay 20k cash to the owner even though only 4th floor...and the flat 30yrs old le leh...i was like... but theirs also near amk hub..jus abt opp...amk dbss release so late ah? wah like by the time its ready also dunno when le... keke if too exp than give up look elsewhere lor cos wanted new flat also...i very scare take resale...wait suay got loansharks come...

vividz

so early do PS? my BS asked us to book our first appointment on Jan, since mine is off the rack so dun need go so early. Jule, need to start with ur MTM soon, they need time to do.

~sblbee~

liting,
i applied for d BTO in compassvale liao but most prob going for d WIS in dec...see wat i can get in 1st...cos need to have a flat else nowhere to stay after my AD :p
regretted giving up my queue no., hehe...

cordie,
yah lor...my 1st choice is amk too but most of d flats r v old, if not d new flats either no one sell or it's damn ex
sad.gif
i may give up waiting for amk n go n look for other areas :p

flora_bliss

Cordie, you eyeing on the amk DBSS oso. Me too. Then we can be neighbours. I've lived in AMK for all of my life, so will prefer to stay there since it's gonna be near to my parent's place too. My HTB stays in bishan, so we don't mind bishan oso. Was so happy to know that there'll be DBSS too in bishan.

Initially our plan was to get a resale in bishan or AMK. But we really can't afford the huge amt of cash (min $40K) that the owners are asking. Because we would have incurred about $100K (include COV, renovating, furnishing, household appliances etc) when we buy a resale. Then we also have to spend on the wedding and the car. Our savings would be zerolised liao. And we wouldn't have enough cash for emergency. That's dangerous, isn't it. So we decided to wait for the new flats in AMK and bishan.

snowypooh

Welcome all new BTBs.

Hi Mrs Kel &amp; Chunchun, can I add both of u on my multiply too?
happy.gif

Hello everybody else!!! *waves*
Yes, I'm still around (just in case u've been wondering where I am). I'm just hiding in the background, peeping at the posts regularly. Don't worry, I'll pop by &amp; offer my 2 cents' worth, if need be. Hehe...

pinkybtb

really???

I wan those complicated ones leh i wan my gown to be more daring and bright colored cos i not into sweet sweet colors

Hee

mage

wendily, I think u need to sit down and work out your guest list then you will know how many invitation cards you need. I believe Changi Village Hotel should provide wedding cards. Ask you coordinator then get your inserts printed. At least its a first step.

Then list down what other stuff you need to do and strike them out!
happy.gif