(2008) Brides of year 2008

polarwhite80

hey gals,

I am back !!! back to work so finally got time to online.... was back in Spore on Mon nite, on leave on tues n wed but no time to online cos my mum admitted to hosp... so this fri i cant join u gals for dinner, i need to go home acc her as there is nobody at home during the evening time.... we shall arrange to meet up again....

i went for my gown fitting yday.... chose the gown colour n pattern for my WG liao... but i got stuck wif my EG... sighz.... dunno wat i wan....

nehoc

GTB can come??
biggrin.gif

xmasnowy

koyoyo,Meiling

thks gals.. :p
coz i neve went to those fortune teller to check date.. haha.. actually wanted 09 sept 08 but it's a tue.. so choose 10 Oct instead.. hehe... coz my ROM is 08 Aug 08..

princess_sue

Hi polar,

oh dear what hpn to your mum? Is she better now?

Wow... got your wg liao tt is good.. for eg, do they give you any suggestion?

maybe you can see what they tell you..

no worries abt tm.. juz take care of ur mum. i m sure she will be fine.. dun worry k.

noelz77

Hi Strawberri & blink,

I think it's a bit early. I have alrdy arranged for my first fitting in early Jan and photoshooting in end May or early June. So far I have no recommendations for MUA, I did ask Jade, she told me that they have several MUA.

polarwhite80

hi sue,

ya, my mum better now... her ear water level imbalance, thus causing her to be giddy n out of breath....

i told my co-ordinator that i wanna a halter neck EG, then she let me try all patterns of halter neck... but somehow, she din tell me whther i look nice in halter neck or not.... now i having 2nd tots cos i dun think i look nice in halter neck, look very old like mama-san....

maple_leaves

Hi tingie,

I agree w u .. I have friend gotten package from BS abt 3k and end up topping up pics which the totl bill comes up to be abt 5k... & I tink every BS 'earn' $$ in this way bah...
happy.gif

Actuali for me i hvnt sign up for any BS yet also... so still shopping around.. hehe

spacebar

hi gals,

as for me, im doing my PS about 3 weeks from now. meanwhile i had been very 'on' these days - reviewed my checklist, arranged for MUA for my helpers etc etc.. and guess wat i just did today? i actually planned out my AD itnerary programmes (using my frd's one as a sample)! hahaha so kiasu right.

and yup, i agree w serlz, i think jan and feb are gonna be our busiest months! as for now, wat needed to be done has been done i guess, for all of us. i will be sourcing printers for the invites by next month... any good ones to recommend?

tingie

hey ladies, care to share your budget with me so we can see if we can share resources for BS shopping? can PM or email me at [email protected]

karen, i am toooo lazy to search for BOWS 2008 info yet, just know it'll be on 4th-6th Jan 08. And i think there is no fees needed but we need to register.

well maple, i'm definitely not going to be a $5k BS Bride cuz i don't have such financial support..keke..so shop shop see see look look!!!!

stnov

one less thing on my list....confirm printing wif Focal-Ad oreadi....missed meeting Tris by mins...kekeke

next to do over d weekend will be meeting up wif VG & PG to view their portfolios for shortlisting fast....my BS juz contact us to pop by to view d actual printouts of our photos in 15R....=)

gingerbread_gal

Hi Nec,
Will be looking at Singapore's BS. One major consideration is convenience.

Sigh, not sure what to look out for during bargaining....rather confused between the number of poses and number of pages in the album etc....any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Nec, may I have your email address to forward you the soft copy? The ones I have are mainly wedding lunch/high teas and only a few are for dinners. I have the solemnisation package too. Let me know what type you are interested in to avoid jamming up of your inbox.

Btw, are you in the science/medical field? Asking cos of your nick..."Necrosis"...If yes, then you will understand what I mean when I say "I feel like I'm in the process of apoptosising"....
happy.gif

~sblbee~

hi polarwhite,
yah finally u r back cos u were MIA for d past week...finally c u online, luckily still got msn n hp to communicate...so sorry to hear abt ur mum, glad dat she's alrite now, no prob, we'll arrange to meet again, ur mum is more impt
happy.gif

wah, u r really v fast neh :p so did u get d pattern which u described to me d other time? wat colour did u choose? hmm...try a few necklines n designs to c which type of EG suits u, wat colour r u looking for? u got take pics or not? i wana see
happy.gif

pearlybling79

Hello everyone..i have been away busy with BS research.But my venue has not settle yet..Ssunset..you sign up with Pan Pac..how is their wedding package? Can you email me the details?My email address is [email protected]

Has anyone try Noble house by tunglok? My mother was telling me to take Yan ge..some chinese restaurant...how?I want nice ambience and food..aircon..but also outdoor..but am fearful of unexpected rain...

Mentos..:p, can I ask you to include me too:p thank you..but when u are free, as I thot i can cut and paste but don't think so..
I also want to crash everything on the same day-27th sept.But am not sure whether is tea ceremony+church+dinner...or church+tea ceremony+dinner

Pearlybling..

sleepycat1

I am also starting on my DIY stuff. Had already completed most of the accessories and jewelleries for my bridesmaid, flowergal and personal helpers.

Now decided to save the printing cost to do my own church wedding prog and wedding favour-bookmark. Heh...I am just adding to my own workload

princess_sue

hey polar... seems like me leh.. i have that problem too.. out of the blue i felt giddy. Normally i dun have such symptoms.. so i thought it would go away and was prob due to low blood pressure or something.. then it happen again.. until i had to go to the dr and was of the same thing .. ear water level imbalance.

that is so scary.. you nv know when it will hpn one.

Hope your mum feel better already.

ya... i also wan to see pics.. hehehe... show me leh.

:p

polarwhite80

hi gals,

my gowns r MTM wan, so my WG i do not have much pics on it cos i already know wat i wan.... i do have a few pics on EG cos i am stuck so i try every pattern that i see.... end up, i still stuck.... hahaha....

necrosis

hi girls...

my nov AD is gonna be held in india. :p
SG one shld be sometime in Dec if i can get a venue.

if you're looking to sign up a BS.....always bargain!!!!
the sample ablums comes with 50-70+++ poses in 35-45 pages.
and they usually only supply 30 poses with a normal package...so you can imagine if you want an album similar to the samples, you wld need to top up abt 20++ poses...
say each is 65$, this means 1300$ on top of the package... :p

and note, you'll lose all bargaining power once you sign and pay a deposit.
so do ALL the bargaining before this.
oh, signing up during fairs is good, cos fair space rental is not cheap for them, so they need to hit a quota, prob will agree to most requests...dont be too demanding also, be nice to them, they are also trying to earn a living...

good luck...
happy.gif

lovebytemi

Hi Girlies,
Wanted to DIY some stuff as well. Anybody knows where I could get or can borrow paper cutters from? You know those once which the photo studios used to sice out the borders of passport photos in the older days?

Regards
Kym

necrosis

hello jac..
yups, i know what ya mean.. hee..

poses = photos
pages= pages in an album

say you want a "magazine" style album, means they will arrange photos (=poses)with digital artwork...
this means one page will have a few poses arranged such that the backgroud blends with one another...or one of the poses IS the background, the rest are foreground...
oh, they may add bubbles, words, curly designs etc also
you've seen those around i'm sure.

the other style, without digital artwork, usually means one pose per page..

really depends on what you like...

i've seen some ugly layouts in magazine styles, and i've seen really stylish ones...
i've seen very classy one-per-page type albums also...

those sample albums usually have 50-70+++ poses in 35-45 pages.
most packages start from abt 25-30 poses...
so to get an album similar to the samples, you'd need to topup abt 20+ poses.
each pose costs ave $65 (range 55-105/per pose)
so you'd be topping up $1300 thereabouts.

so this is a "hidden cost"
allow for it in your budget if you can.
more impt, bargain like xiao, nicely of course..
they are also trying to earn a living..
do ALL your bargaining before you sign and pay a deposit, once that happens, you can only depend on their goodwill...

make sure everything you bargained for, was promised and assured, is written down in black n white on both invoices (yours and their copy)...some places change staff, so the one that you signed up with may disappear and the shop will not "remember" promising you anything more...

think abt what you need...
MTM anything?
car? corsages? car deco? fathers' jackets? bridesmaids dresses? ROM dresses? ROM make up and flowers?

try to include everything under the sun....even those you DONT NEED.
then try to exchange the ones you dont need (with great reluctance) for more poses or discounted price.

...phew...super long post. :p

necrosis

hope that helps..

my email is [email protected]
i dont need solomnisation packages, will do it in a church.
happy.gif

dinner packages will be greatly appreciated.
thanks!

now planning the holiday, havnet booked hotels yet. :p
no time to deal with venue booking also..
:p

~sblbee~

polarwhite,
hehehe.....hope u can get d sash pattern wif big ribbon, if it turns out nice, ask them how much it cost to make d sash ok? a shorter version...remembered dat time i was telling u? nvm, u still got a long way to go...take ur time to choose ur EG
happy.gif

charma97

Hi Tingie, Thanks for the info.. I also have shortlisted GHA as it is right below my house and alot of my friends said it is best to get near our house.

So how about fame bridal? I heard the service is good.

ryu

Hi Esther,
usually outdoor venues have backup options if it rains, you can check with them what is their backup plan
happy.gif

polarwhite80

hi meiling,

yup yup, i have chosen the slash colour.... is light pink cum a bit peach.... light peachy pink.... oh ya, remind me again for ur slash... think i am going down again to test EG....

pinkyting

Hi all,

Thanks for the wonderful views on the hotels.. Finally, tonight i will go down Traders den i can proceed to book one of it liao.. it has been a big headache for me.. But i think my hubby sure chose Hyatt coz of the perks and my MIL like the classy and etc... Now i hv to eat bread everyday liao la.. save hard and at the same time can slim down loh...

I think the next thing hv to do is to book church and the priest den search for PG & VG liao.. The rest wait for next year, wanna give myself a break..

I wanted to work part time leh.. anybody got lobang? keke...

jv_moments

hello ladies

am new here.. march 08 BTB too... hows the preparation going on for everyone? I just confirmed my both days PG & VG last night... the planning has started... finally...

=)

jv_moments

added mine - 23/03/08

axeljes - 1/3/2008 - Dragon Gate - Bliss Bridal
feilinc - 1/3/2008 - Traders Hotel - Di Gio
Missyheng - 1/3/2008 - Hotel Rendezvous - Venus Bridal
piggytinky - 1/3/2008 - Dragon Phoenix - J & M Design
moomooland - 4/3/2008 - Orchard Hotel - French Bridal
caramel980 - 8/3/2008 - Wesley Methodist Church & One Rochester - Dang Bridal
Mary - 8/3/2008 - Yan Qing Shanghai Restaurant @ Chijmes - Bridal ZOne
muffin - 8/3/2008 - Hotel Rendezvous - French Bridal
poopy - 8/3/2008 - Oriental - Sattine Bridal
purpleclouds - 8/3/2008 - Swissotel The Stamford - Bliss Bridal
tummykitten - 8/3/2008 - Raffles Town Club -SeletarBraodway
vysweetapple - 8/3/2008 - RELC International Hotel- Graceful Image
090308bride - 9/3/2008 AD - 10/3/2008 - Intercon - Ala carte
bedime_bear - 9/3/2008 - Swissotel The Stamford - Santiago Bridal
Jesteress - 9/03/2008 - Traders Hotel - Golden Horse Awards
laura_yaya- 9/03/2008 - Carlton Hotel - French Bridal
sylvia - 9/03/2008 - The Laguna
Violet - 9/3/2008 - Club Chinos - Digio
dolphin25 - 15/3/08 - Carlton Hotel (lunch) - Ala carte
elmo - 15/3/2008 - Hilton - Sophia Weddings
Snow - 16/3/2008 - Orential - My Bridal Room
Meepley - 22/3/2008 - Club Chinois - ala carte for gowns
sealy me - 22/03/08 - S'pore Expo - Bridal concept
yu83 - 22/3/08 - peony jade restaurant - z-weddings
spacebar - 22/3/2008 - shangri la rasa sentosa - The Weding Present
Fsling - 23/03/2008 - Holiday Inn Park View - Z wedding
Yoko - 23/03/2008 - Oriental - Bridal Veil
JV_moments - 23/03/2008 - Hilltop @ CSC - Bridal Concept
Junjun - 29/3/2008 - Carlton - White Link
Minolta01 - 29/03/2008 Church Wedding, Lunch Reception
Anabelle - 30/3/2008 - Hotel Rendezvous - Whitelink
Jen - 30/3/2008 - The Regent - J& M Design
minolta01 - 30/3/2008 - Holiday Inn Atrium - Di Gio
serlz - 30/3/2008 - Intercontinental - Silverlining
Strawberryangels - 30/3/2008 - RELC International Hotel - Seletar Bway

js_kool

Dear Piggytinky,have you take your PS? How about WG & EG done? Currently, I face problem to find the rite gown, you got any photo to share? Multiply ID jenicekoo Thanks.

serlz

Hi 090308bride

We using the same hotel for the AD dinner? So have you decide which themes to use? Who is ur event manager?

mentos

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick </TD><TD>AD Date</TD><TD>Venue</TD><TD>BS </TD><TD>PG </TD><TD>VG </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>green</TD><TD>01Sep08</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>gorkim</TD><TD>05Sep08</TD><TD>M Hotel</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>yongyong</TD><TD>06Sep08</TD><TD>Marina Mandarin</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Seacool</TD><TD>07Sep08</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Daphne Wong</TD><TD>07Sep08</TD><TD>Qian Xi(Farrer Park)</TD><TD>My Bridal room</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jess_liang</TD><TD>07Sep08</TD><TD>Orchard Hotel</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mentos</TD><TD>07Sep08</TD><TD>FRH</TD><TD>Di Gio</TD><TD>Depixel</TD><TD>Atelier-X </TD></TR><TR><TD>wongfam</TD><TD>07Sep08</TD><TD>Marriott</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>d0lphin</TD><TD>07Sep08</TD><TD>Hyatt</TD><TD>Ritz Couture</TD><TD>secretheaven</TD><TD>secretheaven</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>chumint</TD><TD>07Sep08</TD><TD>FCC</TD><TD>Bliss Bridal</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bubbleluv</TD><TD>07Sep08</TD><TD>RVH</TD><TD>Di Gio</TD><TD>Lam-Rainbow Photo</TD><TD>Lam-Rainbow Photo</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>fruitchick</TD><TD>07Sep08</TD><TD>Four Seasons</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cayenne</TD><TD>07Sep08</TD><TD>M Hotel</TD><TD>Sattine</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>eleven_soyabeans</TD><TD>11Sep08</TD><TD>M Hotel</TD><TD>Mr&amp;Miss Wedding Club</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winniethepooh</TD><TD>13Sep08</TD><TD>Marina Mandarin</TD><TD>Whitelink</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Crown</TD><TD>13Sep08</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Groombride</TD><TD>13Sep08</TD><TD>Grand Plaza Park Hotel</TD><TD> Volan Couture</TD><TD> Volan Couture</TD><TD> Atelier-X</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>babyxanne</TD><TD>13Sep08</TD><TD>Hyatt</TD><TD>di Gio</TD><TD>Derrick Ong</TD><TD>Andrew Chooi(EMC Group)</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>alanis</TD><TD>13Sep08</TD><TD>FCC</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>yanqiu</TD><TD>13Sep08</TD><TD>Hotel rendezvous</TD><TD>Sattine</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>missy54</TD><TD>13Sep08</TD><TD>Four Seasons</TD><TD>Amanda Lee Weddings</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>waxie24</TD><TD>13Sep08</TD><TD>Oriental</TD><TD>French Bridal</TD><TD>Greymatter</TD><TD>Nil</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>truefaith</TD><TD> 14Sep08</TD><TD> </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>peach</TD><TD>14Sep08</TD><TD>Mandarin</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>xiaolubao</TD><TD>14Sep08</TD><TD>Oriental Hotel</TD><TD>My Bridal Room</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>dannybo</TD><TD>14Sep08</TD><TD>GCW</TD><TD>Santiago</TD><TD>Albert-Everafter</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tlisa</TD><TD>14Sep08</TD><TD>FRH</TD><TD>PMM Bridal</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>celine08</TD><TD>14Sep08</TD><TD>Traders</TD><TD>Bridal Concept</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>llgnme</TD><TD>14Sep08</TD><TD>Orchard Hotel</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>weddinghunt</TD><TD>14Sep08</TD><TD>Amara(Sentosa)</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ssunsett</TD><TD>14Sep08</TD><TD>Pan Pacific</TD><TD>L@ Belle</TD><TD>The Wedding Paparazzi</TD><TD>Eulee</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>renel</TD><TD>14Sep08</TD><TD>InterContinental SG</TD><TD>Sattine</TD><TD>Tinydot Photography</TD><TD>BrilliantPic Videography</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tomoko77</TD><TD>14Sep08</TD><TD>Bliss Garden</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>strawberri</TD><TD>14Sep08</TD><TD>Carlton</TD><TD>My Bridal Room</TD><TD>Michael</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jassng</TD><TD>14Sep08</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ezvy</TD><TD>14Sep08</TD><TD>Jade Room-Htl Royal</TD><TD>Volan Couture</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ryu</TD><TD>14Sep08</TD><TD>Four Seasons(Lunch)</TD><TD>Signoria Nuziale</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>goukisg</TD><TD>14Sep08</TD><TD> swissotel(Lunch)</TD><TD> Ted collection/Potrait gallery</TD><TD>Xiao Cai</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>itipit</TD><TD>14Sep08</TD><TD>Legends at Fort Canning</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sportgal</TD><TD>16Sep08</TD><TD></TD><TD>Precious Moment Bridal</TD><TD>Precious Moment Bridal</TD><TD>Precious Moment Bridal</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>vangiepooh</TD><TD>19Sep08</TD><TD>Fullerton</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lastkiss83</TD><TD>20Sep08</TD><TD>grand plaza park</TD><TD>My Bridal Room</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gina Ng</TD><TD>20Sep08</TD><TD>NCQ</TD><TD>Whitelink</TD><TD>Visioworkz</TD><TD>Visioworkz</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>darienna</TD><TD>20Sep08</TD><TD>Mandarin</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sweetbeng</TD><TD>21Sep08</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>nervous_bride</TD><TD>21Sep08</TD><TD>Goodwood park</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gideon Koh</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>blinktulip</TD><TD>21Sep08</TD><TD>Park Hotel Orchard</TD><TD>My Bridal Room</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>princessxiaomei</TD><TD>26Sep08</TD><TD> Marriott </TD><TD>Whitelink</TD><TD>Ave8(Beetles@Work)-Bernard) </TD><TD>Ave8(Beetles@Work)-Sam</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>teekel</TD><TD>26Sep08</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>fumiko_neko</TD><TD>26Sep08</TD><TD>Carlton</TD><TD>Di Gio/GHA</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lois</TD><TD>26Sep08</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>angelic_piglet(Customary)</TD><TD>27Sep08</TD><TD>GCW</TD><TD>Yvonne Creative</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>pearlybling79</TD><TD>27Sep08</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>msbean</TD><TD>28Sep08</TD><TD>Hotel rendezvous</TD><TD>Thomson Wedding</TD><TD>Thomson Wedding</TD><TD>Thomson Wedding</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>missbean_25</TD><TD>28Sep08</TD><TD>Civil Service Club-Bukit Batok</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jrgal</TD><TD>28Sep08</TD><TD>FRH</TD><TD>Jazz Studio</TD><TD>1eyeclick</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>angelic_piglet(Dinner)</TD><TD>29Sep08</TD><TD>GCW</TD><TD>Yvonne Creative</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

mentos

June: My 1st fitting will be in Jan/Feb next year only. I have 1 MTM and 1 OTR.

Dor: I'm doing everything on the same day as well. Gate crash in the morning, ROM at 6pm and dinner.(Both in the same hotel)

jv_moments

Hello dT

my ps will be on 21 dec and PG shld by someone call kit? will be going over to choose my ps gowns next week.. urself le? done with the ps le ma?

sealy_me

Not yet, next friday will be my PS. Kit is my PG too, heard that he is not too bad too.

What time u going down, maybe can see u there hehe.

Hi girls...

i finally confirmed my VD &amp; PG for my AD...
this sunday i'll be going down to my BS to choose my gowns...told my hubby to bring his psp along, if not he'll be damn bored...
i was talking to my PG ydae and told him that i was thinking of using the pet farm, then he suggested that i bring my dog to an open field so she can take the photos with us...so in a dilemma now...hmm...