(2008) Brides of year 2008

bunnyhop

Hi gal (lxlb),
If u like open setting, can try Rochester/George Club...
Gotta act fast cos good places easily snapped by pple...!

iriswil

Hallo EveryBody Goody Morning....

Hi UksportGaL

Wah another 04 Oct 2008 bride...CooL!
Sure I will seek yr advise for my preparation for my upcoming wedding....Think will only start the perparation after New Year.. My goal right now is to do up my house and LOOSe Weight. muhaha

Hi Sue,

Good day my dear, sure I'II add you in my friendster..Pls accept my inviation I haf only upload a few pics of my ROM in it...Feel free to view...

Love loads
Iris

snowypooh

Hi Iris, my goal now is same as yours, to do up my house & loose weight.

Hehe... maybe cos the date is still faraway & maybe b'cos I'd settled most stuff for my wedding, I don't feel the urgency of doing anything for the wedding yet. Maybe until next year when it comes to gown selection & PS then I'll be more active in wedding preparation bah.
happy.gif

muddpie

ashley, hi 5...
i oso thinking of catching the cherry blossom...=p dun wanna go for winter season any sooner...
my hb say not much leave...cos he just started at a new plc...so i hv to wait lor...can oni choose 1 2 go...initially i plan for a short krabi trip straight after the wedd...but since i gg to vietnam for ps think cun b tat & japan...i hv to wait after cny & probably march or apr...=)

vividz

Hi berry_egg, discuss abt the stuff on pin jing dun need to find date, usually will discuss during food tasting. by the time guo da li will be too late, cos pin jing also needed at guo da li.

sleepycat1

We also wanted to go Japan to catch the cherry blossoms but due to constrains we can't go away in March/Apr period. So gotta go another time lor. That is why ended up with Korea immed after wedding.

mage

so envious you gals can go Hokkaido or Korea for HM... me can only afford Krabi nia... haha! Well better than nothing lah! hehe!
happy.gif

So is tomorrow still on?

iriswil

hI sNoWPooH,

Yup, by doing up the house is a already a pain...
But finally all the heart work being paid off be moving in Sat...Yeah!!!

Next Got to loose as much weight as possible, coz got to start select gown ard last week of Feb.. then tat where all the preparation comes in...oh no...

~sblbee~

hi gals,
same as u ppl, i need to lose loads of weight as well as i'll b going down to my BS in Nov/Dec, n at d same time make sure my crowning is done n go for my facial n pedi religiously :p
hmmm....hope dat i'll have some luck during d Dec WIS for a flat...if so, have another headache for reno, furniture n applicances. oso means more $ gone
sad.gif
meanwhile will start to do up d half-completed stuff in my checklist
happy.gif

xinyi_reiko

apple_gal, can confirm your jie mei and xiong di list and their attire.. starts to reseach for wedding songs.. drafting up guest lists.. drafting up angbaos list and amt..

lovebytemi

Hey Dearies and Sweeties,
Anyone still need curtain contacts? I've got one that is quite good. OR i think his sales is good.. as for the end product. I'll let u know on the 17th of Nov. =0

Still looking for my VG.

iriswil

Hi Meilin,

Btw what is WIS, anyway I understand for Reno and furniture & applicances be prepare to spent alot.... sign!!!

hungribunni

Hi all I am a Feb 2008 bride and I have been plagued by some issues... parents promised they needed at most 8 tables, now they tell me they need at least 9 and if possible 12! My inlaws are taking 7 tables... as our location is small (and we chose it because we did our sums 7 + 8 leaves us at least 5-6 tables) so we might end up not being able to invite close friends. =( And our holy matrimony location is not settled because our church has no where for us to hold our ceremony - all parts of church booked for adult and youth services on Saturdays, the only day our church holds weddings.

I am so upset and depressed now... =(

gingerbread_gal

Hi,
I'm a 28th Dec BTB too...Going to sign contract with hotel this weekend. Judging by what I've read, seems like I might be a little late in my preparations? We've only decided on the hotel and haven't went 'shopping' for bridal shop yet.
Will it be too late to start searching for bridal shop if we start early next year?

wenwen2112

Hi ladies, I am a BTB for 14th June, banquet on 16th June 2008. Do you all have any good and not too pricey VG and PG to recommend ? When shd we book for all these ?

apple_gal, saw ur link. Its a AD photography ? Your wedding is over ? How much u pay for the PG ?

~sblbee~

hi iriswil,
wis means walk-in selection....hehe, yah dat's an expected cost esp when im too lazy to get involved in all these, wait have to engage an ID too. :p

apple_gal

Warm welcome, wendy & qianqian

Hi,xinyi_reiko
Actually had roughly draft the guest list, but too early to confirm especially the relative side. Dunnoe how to start leh.. Hehe. I will start to search some wedding songs, any recommedation? Do you have any sample draft on the angbao list? Any ideas who should we give for angbao beside jiemeis, xiongdi?

Hi, Wendy
My AD is on 15th June 2008, havent over la... The link i sent is a guide to June brides.

qianqian

apple gal, me also 15 june.. heee.. ^5...
so why is your venue.. maybe we all can start a list haha...

let me start first
AD: 15 June 08
Venue: Rasa Sentosa
BS: whitelink
PG: still looking around

twinkle_stars

Hi gals

Im a 8 March 08 BTB. Nice to meet all of you here.

Hi G

Dun be upset. Probably u can tell ur parents wats the max tables the venue can hold and let them knw tat both u n ur HB will like to invite some close friends instead of 'all relatives' banquet. After all, they alr hv 8 tables.

As for ur church ceremony, hw abt holding it on a separate day? Lets say Sat for church ceremony and Sun for ur banquet n tea ceremony?

Where's ur banquet location?

ling27

Hi qianqian.. welcome!! We have actually started a table list a few weeks ago. you can refer to our previous thread for reference.. but info may be a bit outdated as some of us have confirmed PG or VG since then..

Hi wendy, welcome too!! What is your BS and wedding venue?

apple_gal

Hi, Selina

Any recommedation on the wedding songs? You got mail too.
happy.gif

Hi, qianqian

Here my details:
AD: 15 June 08
Venue: Club chinois
BS: Fame Bridal
PG: Desmond
VG: Yuppies Production

ling27

hi apple_gal.. i am contemplating between playing purely music or love songs during dinner.. my thoughts is that songs might be too 'noisy' whereas music is 'softer' and wont interfere with guests talking at the same time..

Any comments??

stnov

Venue: Cafe Cartel (Raffles City)
Time: 10am (Breakfast)
Date: 27 Oct 07 (Sat)

NOTE: No reservation allowed so 'early birds' kindly ask for table for 7 please.

1. stnov
2. Noreen
3. shirlaine
4. Mage
5. witch
6. mudppie
7. princesscabbage

xinyi_reiko

apple_gal, have to give angbaos to ppl like VG, PG, MUA, drivers, emcees, boy who open the car door, kids that will be getting angbaos from you.. I think thats all that i can think of for now.

I dont really have a angbao list.. I just note down those ppl that I need to give.. both side of parents also need to give angbaos for jie meis and xiong dis. Beside gate crashing, the couple also needs to give jie meis another angbao.. So i just add up the sum, to guage whether we are giving too little or too much..

xinyi_reiko

apple_gal & selina, I have some recommandations on songs played during dinners.

Can go to That CD shop, they have this range of high society songs. My sister bot a few cds. I found it pretty good and suitable for such occassion. But their CDs is slightly more pricey.

polarwhite80

hi snowypooh,

hahaha... not much info on ur fredster, dunno who u r so din add u... now i added u already.... u which yr went in townsville wan ??

apple_gal

Hi, Selina

Normally, the banquet itself will play their songs throughout the dinner. I think you may discuss with the banquet manager for their advise.

apple_gal

Hi, xinyi_reiko

I think i will go to CD shop & take a look.. Thanks for your suggestion. As for PG & VG, still need to give angbao? We already pay them liao leh... I rememeber tat time i do jiemei, i only get for the gate crashing hongbao & broom parents angbao only. Not that much as you say leh....

snowypooh

Hi Polarwhite, yah I seldom use friendster liao mah, ROM photos all in Multiply. R U also from same school? Hehe... If I tell u here then everybody here knows my age liao lor. I'm confirm older than u de lah, I think if I'm not wrong, should by 2 years bah. Haha...

wenwen2112

Hi Ladies,

Here my details:
AD: 14th June 08 ( church & customory )
16th June 08 ( banquet )
Venue: Marina Mandarin
BS: Going to sign The Wedding Present
PG: still considering
VG: still comparing

For pre-wedding shoot, I m considering The Edge ( Andrew Tay ). Have not finalised yet. Gg to meet him this evening to discuss the package he is tying up with Wedding Present.

I am finding a AD PG & VG that is good but not too pricey. Dun wanna spend more than $1600 for these 2 items. Any sugg ? If need to stretch abit is ok, provided the package is comprehensive.
happy.gif

hungribunni

Hi Twinkle =)

Thanks - HUGS. =D

I sat down and thought for a bit, and I have written to Peony Jade to ask if I could use the riverside dining area for overflow of guests.

Alternatively, I might book another location on the same evening just next door - the Madame Butterfly Restaurant at Indochine. I am awaiting their reply on their packages so I can make my decision. I know my parents are also in a predicament and I don't want to upset them.

I will have to run btw 2 areas though. Alternatively, I guess I can hold the friends one on Sunday... but I think we'd be too tired out by then. =)

I just called a friend's church to find out if it is possible to borrow their church's sanctuary for the wedding ceremony. This is the picture of the main sanctuary

http://www.bimandruth.com/ruth/images/church.jpg

I like it so much! The AI (love) word at the altar is quite meaningful too =)

I will check the place out on Tues or Weds and confirm with them. They can house 200 people maximum for the church but the tea reception area houses even lesser. It's a small and cozy church =)

xinyi_reiko

apple_gal, give a small token ba, maybe around $28.

When I do jie mei, I did get that much. Some maybe replace the angbao as gift ba.

Anyway, the angbao information, is found in this forum also.

Anyway, is up to individual ba.

princess_sue

hi iris... thanks for adding me.nice pics you have there. so nice... to move to your own house this sat.. mus take pics for us to see ya?
happy.gif

hi mei, tdy i no mood, got indigestion... dunno whether issit due to irregular meal. its month end again.. tm another long long day.. sigh.

sob sob so envious... have your own house to stay... at least, its YOURS...

twinkle_stars

Hi G

Peony Jade! I held my ROM ceremony there early Jan this yr..so coincidence
happy.gif

Hmmm...personally I dun think its a gd idea to shuffle between two locations. It will b too tiring for u both. Holding a celebration party for ur close frenz on another day is a gd idea though!
kao_happy.gif
Since all are youngsters, u dun even need to restrict yourself to a sit-down kinda dinner
happy.gif
(unless u prefer it)..hehehe

Hi Sylvia

How's ur PS going on?
happy.gif
When's ur AD?

maple_leaves

Hi Karen,

No worries...
happy.gif

By the way, my HTB says on the AD, we will hv leave my hse at 7am, tat means i hv to start my makeup by 5am n i hv to wake up at 4-4.30am... *faint*..

Anyone will be hving the same suitation as me..?..

berry_egg

oh.. hmm....so when do we schedule for the food tasting? This is done after booking the hotel rite?
Am i right to interprete the food tasting as the session to confirm the quality of food? or the menu? ok.. now i'm confused.