(2007) Brides of year 2007

ladyice

hehehe... am already planning for 2007... i know abit kiasu but since got 2006 brides why not just start a thread for my own wedding yr...

celestine & angeline>>>> *high five* heheheh yep yep... the traditional dinner will be in 2007...

yay!! me found moi wedding mates liao! =Þ

karen>>> im not 16 lah... im 24.. =Þ

little_a

cinn, i think it is far too early already...that's three years down the road... ppl in the 2006 tread are planning for ROM in 2005...followed by AD in 2006.

ladyice

jellytots>>> i did... but im also telling her.. there could be real ppl like me who are planning wedding in 2007....

little ger>>>> well if my ROM is next yr and AD is 2007 why not? some gals dream of their wedding day all their life.... and i happen to be one of those.... hehehe

ladyice

little ger>>> heheheh sign already... knew what we wanted right from the start... besides, we anticipate ourselves to be very busy for the coming yrs.. (due to study and work) so prepare first lor... i know very KS lah... but it keeps me sane and looking forward..

so when u geting married?? definately before me since u said me plan so early... heheh

cherz

hi all,

i am aso a 2007 bride,planning 2 hav rom next yr.other than tis no plans yet....agreed dat its quite early 2 plan but no harm gathering info n chatting in tis forum.... =)

kengeline

Morning Ladies,

Agree with Cherz. No harm starting this thread just to chit chat. Who know's in 2007, we'll be the pioneers of this thread. Hee....

Anyway just like to share some info about myself. I've ROM in May this year and reno for new house completed in June this year. But spent quite a bit of money in the process and we decided to move AD to 3 years later for some saving up.

So Celestine, Cinn, Cherz,

Planned to ROM next year huh?

Cinn,

Which bridal shop you sign up with?

Angeline

bulldog

Angeline

I had just Rom tis yrs July 12th! So.. Now do abit planning for AD just get key last yrs NOV so now do some saving for Hse Renova & AD.

Cinn

u so fast sign up wif BS!

cherz

hey Cinn,

its quite early 2 sign for a BS now.for me,i still dare not commit.even planning my rom next yr,i aso unsure abt taking up BS or DIY.

hey celestine & angeline,

wow both of u got yr luv nest alreadi..so envy but no choice i still in the mist of saving up 4 marriage....realli need loads of $$!!!

hav a nice wkend every1!!!

ladyice

hello ladies!

cherz>>> for ROM, we're thinking of DIY.. small affair anyway.

angeline>> i signed with sophia already. and yes... we're definately going to be pioneers of this thread.. =)

angeline & celestine>>>> where are your new homes? Me and FH are eyeing on this new flat at woodlands... still doing abit of financial calculations before heading to HDB.

cherz

hey Cinn,

my frenz signed up wif sohpia too.she juz had her rom n she got her rom gown there,hairdo & make-up n sophia even decorate their car as well n lend them a ring pillow.not sure though whether tis comes at extra costs or she bargains for them.
mayb u can enquire abt tis.

ladyice

hey cherz,

thanks... we've bargained before we signed the package...

i actually tore the package apart and exchanged for other stuffs cos there are stuffs we didnt want. e.g; car and decorations, suit etc

if you're KS like me and dun wanna pay for more GST.. hehehe get the package early lor... we didnt pay for any GST by the way, they waived it. =)

thanks for suffestion anyway. =)

bulldog

Cinn

how many room u r applying? if wan to apply new flat u hv take note for HBD rule they always change & tat hse getting small & small.

bulldog

Cherz

u can apply for a new flat first & renova later! which area u pefer? my rom spend abt 2K simple one just share wif u all my gown for just $84++ shawl $25++ lunch reception rivercity apx $9.80++ wedding band from goldheart is abit exp.. $1116 photo DIY. If Next time u rom u can pefer & more option..

ladyice

hihi celestine,

first of all.. congrats... hehehe i just scrolled up and realised that u mentioned that u just got ROMed....

well... we are looking at Exec Apt in woodlands. We already selected the exact unit. Our only problem now is... the $$ for reno. Plus im quite worried abt the big area of the house... (i think i will become slave to the house.... imagine all the cleaning....and i dun have a maid!!) *faintz*

yah my FH said the HDB not going to build so many big flats liao. thats why abit "gan cheong" to get the EA...initially wanted 5 room but choice units all sold out for woodlands...

how many rooms is ur bt panjang flat? how much may i ask?

hey cherz,

decided on sophia because moi colleague and cousin are with them and they have had good reviews so far.

when we visited them, they were extremely frenly and moi FH immediately clicked with all of them. it was as if they were long time frenz.. long time no see that kind.. *lol* it's funny but because moi FH clicked so well with them.. he managed to bargain a lot and we ended up with almost 20 more photos for the deal. (now then i know photos are so expensive with the BS.. they actually cost $80 per pc if you want extra!!!) *faintz*

the whole package costs us $5888 nett (they waived the GST). the package includes:

- mtm wedding gown (to keep)
- mtm evening gown
- bridal makeup (AD and PS)
- 4 changes of gowns/kua for photography
- 3 changes of gent suit for photography
- indoor and outdoor photography
- (12 x 15) 35 pcs photo
- (4 x 5) 35 pcs photo
- 24 x 30 canvas portrait with frame
- 300 pcs thank you card (these are small little cards with one selected photo and your names and date of wedding you can use as thank you cards for your friends after the wedding)
- 8 rolls of film for AD photography
- 3 AD digital video 3 CCD
- video montage of the morning's event to be played at the dinner (with music and special effects etc)
- conversion of tape to VCD 2 sets

basically ive almost spelt out all the stuff the $5888 includes. hope u have an idea. =) oh by the way....this is not the standard package. we took the most expensive package and tore it apart.... you dun get this package at Sophia unless u bargain and discuss with them.

oh the good thing is.. this offer is valid for 10 yrs... so signing up early isnt such a bad thing.. and we only paid first instalment of abt $1700+. If we dun wan to book them anymore we can still use the $1700 we have paid for other services under them and it is fully transferable. So we were not worried at all. Besides if u looked at the threads under Sophia u'd realise that most ppl have good things to say abt their photography skills.. (i only knew after i signed up with them actually).

cherz

hey Celestine,

hee i wanted the same area as u!!!!!coz me n FH both stayed at bt panjang. so used to the place alreadi. actually bt panjang veri accessible to town areas, u made a gd choice ya! but seems like there isnt any more space 2 build flats in bt panjang.

wow Cinn,

yr package seems veri comprehensive.so sophia hav in hse photographers? i guess their skills muz b quite gd coz i was told by my frenz her colleague top up her package to $10K coz the photos were 2 nice 2 resist.

ladyice

hello cherz,

hehehe actually its not so comprehensive... if u noticed... there was no mention of the groom's suit... thats cos i didnt want it (told u i tore the packagae apart right?)

we intend to get a professional tailor known for tailoring men's suits for my FH... if the bride's gown has so much emphasis... no reason why my FH's suit doesn't mah...

yah sophia has their in house photographers but i heard from them that AD dinner photography is outsourced... don't think i have any problems with that so it's ok lor. =)

so cherz, next yr which mth u going to ROM?

cherz

hi Cinn,

i havent realli decide on rom date yet.
actually we wanted 28th nov tis yr coz its our anniversary n its a wkend.but i feel a bit 2 early n rush aso so postpone 2 next yr.

properly will b after jun coz jan-jun i am veri busy wif work.

u?

kengeline

Hi Celestine,

Your ROM day is my mum's bday. Congrats to you. Bukit Panjang? Exactly where? Me Senja Grand at Senja Road. Hee.....So much questions

Hi Cherz,

Yah. Must really save up. Really takes a lot of money be it ROM, Wedding and Reno. You still have time mah....Hee....

Hi Cinn,

DIY ROM? Dun get you lei. What's that? My new house at Senja, Bukit Panjang. Woodlands? Where exactly is it? I stay Admiralty, Woodlands lei.

Angeline

kengeline

Hi All,

Forgot to add on. I din sign up any packages from BS. Dress was tailored made. Photographer and MUA, we sourced our own. Saw a lot of posting in this forum and i get scared so din sign up with any.

Angeline

bulldog

Cinn

Thks... wow.. u got exce apt quite big! ya is true hdb not going to build bigger flat my sis got a 5room flat at woodland orange bldg at admiralty mrt walking distance down. cleaning like mad next thing yr weekends will hv do houseworks only mayb u can get dos part time cleaner. Mine is premium flat 4room quite small 90sq abt 156k. How abt yrs? wow... yr bs abit exp.. to me 5k n can paid installtment me looking for package abt 2.5K any recommdation!

Cherz
hi u staying there! I'm not familar wif t place maybe I can ask u next time where to take bus to town area! ya I can see tat is almost no place to build any flat but i think tat is one place would b a secondary school behind near d highway one d empty land.

Angline
Thks.. How abt yrs! same hehe.. my one at senja road @626

kengeline

Hi Celestine,

Mine is Blk 627. 4rm as well. Hahah.....Next block only. I know opposite bukit panjang plaza bus stop got 190 can go Orchard area. And its very fast.

Erm, have i ever spoken to you before in other thread? You seems very familiar lei. Hee.....

Angeline

bulldog

Angeline

Hehe.. wow.. so near!! Hv u done yr renvoation? Now u said dun know where u hv spoken to me very familar.. hehe... I'll always thread at rom july 2004

kengeline

Hi Celestine,

Really really near lei. Next time no groceries can go your house and borrow liao. Hahahahah.........Just joking.

My reno all completed le. Got my keys in March and hb moved in in June. Me only stay over the weekends. Think you haven't start reno rite? Have shortlisted anyone?

Angeline

bulldog

Angline

haha.. sometime I'll go down & collect my mail maybe can see u.. there But dun know which one!
D kopitam zhu choa very popular I see alot pple order food. I collect my key at nov hvn't done anything yet save money to renov how much is yr renova $$

kengeline

Hi Celestine,

Ya lor. Even we "char jian er guo" also dun know who's who.

I never tried the zhu chao before. Maybe its the only choice there so boh bian lor. That y lots of ppl. Hahah....Anyway, i did tar pao hk noodles and pork rib rice, its quite nice.

My reno is ard 28K including furnitures and fittings.

Angeline

bulldog

angeline

mayb next time I can try it! My hairstylist also stay at Bukit panjang sometime will go her hse n do my hair.. N My hairstylist kopitam sell maggie mee cook like handmake noodle look nice see pple order I go n ask her she said put alot of ingredients..

my budget is abt 15K any other 15K for elect'l appliance & furniture...

cherz

hi angeline & celestine,

i stay at bt panjang ring rd there.been living here since pri sch! so seen a lot of changes. like bt panjang plaza realli improve a lot.

sigh there is an empty plot of land in front of my hse.u noe the land dat is a round circle where the LRT will pass by.last time it was a small hill but no developments done yet.was hoping for a swimming pool or stadium.at least can exercise rite.hee if not then build some HDB......

hey celestine,

is yr hairstylist gd??dun mind goin if its near aso.

ladyice

hello ladies! (jie jie men! I think im the youngest here leh... why dun u all self intro so we know each other better?)

im glad this thread is moving... was scared initially to start this thread cos 2007 seems quite far away.... =)

anyway i am really glad u ladies are sharing here now.

angeline>>> DIY ROM means we just go and have the simple little ceremony and sign on the dotted line and probably go for nice lunch and thats it lor... no gown, no fancy photographers or anything.. just parents and siblings lor. cos the dinner is going to be big so keep the ROM simple lor. only the rings is going to cost a bomb.. hehehehe *screams:" I only want the Piaget Possession ring!!* heheheh

cherz>> so 28th is your anniversary?? hehehe mine too! but mine is dec 28th. =) we are looking at Jan for ROM next yr... quite fast but since it's a simple affair, we'll decide later.

angeline>>> FH and me are looking at Woodlands Dr 16. you live near there? u play mahjong? hahahhaa next time got kaki liao! *laffs* but u also mentioned ur love nest is at Senja... *envy angeline and celestine* both of u can be neighbours....

celestine>>> the EA is at 274k, 131sqm. so so lor... FH wants big house so our puppy can run and wont "langa".. hahahahah Aiming only lah.. havent buy yet.. but checking every week to make sure no one bought it already.... we hope the price will fall further... fall once liao.

as for packages... i think sophia has packages around the price you want. just remember to bargain for more stuffs.... hestitate and sit there for as long as u want... u will see them giving in to you the longer u hestitate.. hahahah im speaking from experience. so be prepared to stay there till they close shop cos that's exactly what we did!

Angeline>>> so which company do u reccomend for reno? yours is standard or premium? FH and me thinking of taking standard cos we want granite flooring.... think it's going to cost....*sigh*

Have a great wednesday all you pretty 2007 brides! =)

kengeline

Hi Celestine,

Exactly where is the coffeeshop? Just wanna explore more places to makan at our area. 30k in all should be enuff. My breakdown is 16k for reno and 12k for furniture.

Hi Cherz,

Which LRT station are you near to? I thot all the flats in Bukit Panjang are less than 5 years olds. Hahah......So ignorant.....I'm also hoping for a swimming pool in our area. Think BP still lacks a lot of facilities. Very under-developed now.

Hi Cinn,

You so sure you're the youngest. You might drop your spec until you hera my age. Anyway, I'm 22 this year. Not sure what else to say. Wanna make standard list?

Dun worry. I'm sure out there, there's a lot of ppl doing planning far ahead. Its good that way. My personal opinion.

Cinn,

Your BS din give you a free ROM package. Thot most BS did it that way. I see. That's call a DIY. Think mine is also one rite. Wow, a Piaget ring? How much is it?

I stay Woodlands Ave 6. Just directly behind Admiralty MRT. Dr 16 is nearer to the Woodlands MRT Station rite? Hee....I dun noe how to play mahjong. Dun need to envy one. Maybe open a thread at your area in this forum, who's knows you might find fellow brides staying near you. Just like the way i found Celestine. So mushy....Hahahah.....

My house is fully designed by my hb who has a Dip in Interior Design. Kekkekeke......Hb's brother and sister both I.D with their own contractors. So we gave the job to his contractors loh.

But before all these, i did shop ard IMM. Found Jsys very creative in design and reasonable in pricing. TCN service is real good. Design wise so--so but price very reasonable. Spacious very unique in design but very steep. Must drop by and give floor plan and ask them to draw perspective so you can understand their design.

Mine is a preminum same as Celestine. yup. Definately. Granite is more expensive. Must really work out a budget first.

Angeline

bulldog

Cherz

Ya, Hope to hv more facilties in BP! No need to go so far.I know tat BP no polyclinic only choa chu kang hv! is there any national libary near by?

I personally think not bad! U wan to try I can give u d contacts but bfr u go must make appointment it in d hse. she ask who recommend u just said my name audrey.

Cinn

Me going to turn 26 in this Nov! Me & my hubby tis august anniversay together for 9yr!

wow.. piaget wedding band very exp! see brides magzine show d price abt $1500 to $3000 for one only..

U also a animal lover! My HB love dog, me like fish. My HB said went we move in he want to buy a dog but he as no time to take care.. he will push to me.. to do la

is look like very good comment on sophia I can consider to use. location is it at tanjong pagar! I can go to d website take look..

Angeline

u so young! bus interchange cross d traffice light purple colour hdb my hairstylist stay at blk 165 someway there.. only

But i dun really know d material if u know can share wif me. Share my idea for renov!kitchen cabinet below one or horziontally! just to put chai min u yen & other put plates, hack half of d kitchen wall put glass, shoes cabinet wif stool together, walk-in wardrode, platform bed.. only think dis few only..

kengeline

Hi Celestine,

Think there'a a library at Bukit Panjang Plaza. Wow, 9 years? You with him since you're 17? It he your first love? So romantic.

Yah. Young rite. Hee....Wondering if Cinn younger than myself.

Think that coffee shop at stylist there operates 24 hr. Hb used to stay 168. Hmmm....Cook maggie mee just like home-cooked. Gotta try one of theses days. Thanks for the info.

For cabinet, most contractor will give solid wood for doors and frame in compressed wood. Say not much differences in fact. I'm not really that sure for that area.

Kitchen worktop can be in granite, post-form, laminated wood etc. Of course granite more durable but slightly more expensive.

I chose laminate over veneer for durability. Glass definately have to be tempered. That's all i know lei. Heee.....

Walk in wardrobe? At MBR? I also half hack kitchen wall with tempered glass. Hee.....Think your design of the house same as mine. Not the zig-zag design rite?

Angeline

bulldog

Angeline

ya, second bf! ok la not so romantic I've taste sour, sweet, bitter & hot!

abit same taste! hehe.. U've refresh me kitchen work top I want to do solid ones can last longer.I thought put a false wall at MBR to do walk-in wardrode dun know got enough space anot coz I got alot clothes.

ladyice

hihi all!

it's funny how u ladies all log in in the afternoon and me at night.. hehehe.

angeline>>> yah.. u got me all shocked when u said u are 22... im older... but only 2 yrs older.. im 24 lor. hehehe young bride must be very pretty right? ur hubby also as young?

i didnt get the ROM package because we went in telling them we already ROM. we didn't want any ROM packages so we also dun want them to push to us their ROM package. =) *hehehe smart right*?

wah u lucky gal.. u have all the designer ppl around u... no need to spend time and waste money!! im sure u saved up alot on that.

hmm... the Piaget ring... abt 4k i think.. for the ladies one.. also depends on how rows of diamond u are looking at... i only want the one row one... too much not nice...aiyah anyway ROM everything down to minimum liao.... so ring abit more costly lor... somemore i told my FH dun bother buying ring propose... cos in our paktor days/ over the years he's been buying me diamond rings (small small ones lah....). i only have 10 fingers, can't wear all/too many rings also.. gimme so many also no use.

i will definately keep in mind all the companies u reccomended... heheheh i think will come in handy when i get my house. thanks!

celestine>> seems like u're the da jie da here liao.. unless cherz is older.. hehehe.

no lah.. not animal lover.. just puppy lover... and a certain breed only.... FH is going to buy me a maltese. *yay!!* although we both like the golden retriever but HDB cannot keep so maltese is our second choice... Psst! tell u all dun laugh at me hor.. i already have the name for our dog liao! hahaha

so u keep a dog already? what breed? what name? how old? hehehe ask so many questions.

yah celestine, sophia is at tanjong pagar.. along the whole street of BS. u can't miss it because it is at the corner...

angeline>>>>> dr 16 is quite far away.. actually i also dunno how close/far it is to the MRT... moi FH drive so i depend on my ahmad... *blushes* but by the way it looks on the map... i think very far. Dr 16 belongs to woodlands new town... near some park or something

Ladies.. i have a question....are u all going to have a bathtub at home? I'm wondering if there is enuff space for a bathtub in the MBR toilet. does anyone know?

ladyice

celestine.... ur real name audrey ah? then how come ur nick sounds like ur full name?

erm.. sorry if i ask too much...

angeline>>> ur hubby's name is Ken issit? cos of KENgeline.... hehehehhe

*tonight im abit kaypoh*

greenleaf

Hi, I just drop in to read the thread and so I tot I should help out....

Hi Cinn, my flat is at Jurong West and it is a 5 rm flat, and I manage to put the smallest bathtub in the MBR...abt 140-150 length...small but I love it!!!!

Hi celestine, I sama sama as u leh....this yr 26 and celebrating 9 year anniversary soon...kekekek..
happy.gif
And I did put a false wall at MBR to do walk-in wardrode...nice but smaller than those who hack the 2nd BR...

bulldog

Cinn

ya lor old already! plan aft 30yrs old then hv children.

I never got rom packages! same wif u tat rom day I only invited family & relative..

hvn't keep any dog yet lor.. I forgot d name for dog!

put bathtub in MBR! can My hubby frenz did to & some got dose spa.. type

I trying to change my name to celestine, but last time call audrey.. lor

Angeline

u rom at may'04! got any photo to share? [email protected]

Ching

wow.. same same! Yr one is 5room bigger so u can put walk-in wardrode mine is 4rooms lor small la.. dun know can fix in.. How much is renova cost$$$

Hv u rom already? when?

kengeline

Hi Celestine,

I see. Second bf. You dun consider that as romantic? Okay. Think its really nice to spend so much time understanding each other before moving on to the next step of yur life.

If i'm not wrong, a false wall for the walk-in wardrobe might mean the area will be a bit dim. Should be able to fit in a walk-in wardrobe. But not too bad as well lar. Do some space planning before proceeding.

Will share my pixs with you later today k.

Hi Cinn,

I always logged in at work. My house PC down with virus so can't log in in the evening. Hahah....That's why i say. You'll be shocked of my age ah. Wrong perception. I'm not pretty at all. Just a simple looking plain jane. My hb is a old man. 29 this year.

Share with you something funny about us. Met him less than a month be with him. Less than half a year, we talked about marriage and he proposed. And in less than a year, we're married. Frens and relatives thot i went crazy. I did. Crazy over this love of my life. Kekkeeee.......

Smart move. Without the ROM thing in, sure can bargain alot more. Seems you've done up a lot of research before going down rite.

Think slightly further in from Woodlands MRT. Lucky hb drives huh? Hee....

Me no bathtub at home.
I saved in desiner fee and all contractor price. But very waste effort. We have to co-ordinate everything by ourselves.

Wow, the price of the ring very expensive. You really very ser de lei. 4k is almost what i spent for my whole ROM including rings somemore ah. I dun have a bathtub.

Hee.....My name is Angeline and his Ken. Good guess.

Hi Ching,

Welcome in. Seems like you have a lot of similiarities with Celestine and Cinn.

Angeline

cherz

hi all,

wow din come in for a day n the thread is moving fast alreadi!!!

like Cinn,i only log in at nitez coz at wk no time 2 access internet n i usually at clients' place.

wow tot i was one of the few who had such a long term relationship,here i found celestine n ching!i am wif my FH for 8 yrs.n i muz say our relationship is like a roller coaster ride.there r happy times when i feel like i am in the honeymoon period; there r times when the relationship is juz monotone.i hav 2 learn 2 find sparks n i especially enjoy goin 4 holis.sadly how often cld it b(since its so ex).....do u all feel like me?

but now the relationship takes on a new chapter.ya planning 2 wed can b time-consuming but its fun,especially can chat wif u all.but i am doin all the homework,FH veri lazy!!

oh ya,i am 23 tis yr.

angeline,

i am staying near Bangkit MRT.those flats at bangkit,petir,pending,ring and fajar rd are more than 10 yrs old alreadi.those at senja n jelapang r newer ones.