(2007) Brides of year 2007

qiqi09

Hi gals,

I am back from BANGKOK!!!!! But i still find 4D3N not enough.. like never ending shopping!... hhahaha...

Well i just rearrange my gown selection to be in Aug 29.. coz my hubby cannot make it on 11 Jul.. sigh.. anyway my cordinator told me since i am getting OTR, shld get it later so that there are more designs... and also dun wan to crash the 1st 7th month. so making it the 2nd 7th mth.. but not sure if it is too rush...

Also my parents and his parents are going out for a dinner to tiqing next weekend...Not sure wat is the outcome though...

anyway hope everything can goes well!

qiqi09

yuki, enjoy ur PS! and drink more water so that u can be mei mei during PS..

welcome all newbies!!

Kaye, me getting fatter too... lets motivate each other to lose weight.. me dun like running so will go swimming...

anise

huichin... dinno ur hubby is a malay.. so the culture must be veri diff.. no wonder u holding it at the CC.. izzit ex??

shirley.. u r not alone.. mi oso veri slow.. i only got my dates and BS settled.. the rest not yet...

as for jie mei hongbao.. the last time i receieved was $24 if i m not wrong.. both side will give but might not be the same.. i rem receiving $12 oso.. i feel having the same amt of bros n sis will be nicer.. n betta if all coordinate and wear the same color.. rite.. btw bridemaid and sisters the same rite??

moon... i haven call WL yet.. maybe at a later date when i got my venu fix.. if not like pending no where.. so dun wan 1st... but will sure 6 months before hand..

staritzz... wow u havin 10 each.. sure veri re nao wor

anyone got any latest update on the bridal show do inform mi.. hehe.. thanks

fudgecake

hihi all,

Wah.... was shocked when I logged in. this thread suddenly become so active. u gals no need to work one huh? how did the topic from PG/VG twist and turn to number of xiongdis and jiemeis?

Anise
RTC min number of tables for weekends is 40 tables though. If less than 30, i think they will make u take a more expensive menu. Not too sure... must call and ask.

Huichinz
Malay wedding. cool... i once attended one and there were at l000 pple squashed at the void deck. good idea to do it in a CC. Btw, are u going to be wearing the malay bridal outfit? Is your FH's family the strict muslim type?

Starizzit
Wow... 10 brother and 10 sisters.... your poor FH... will be badly tekan by all your jiemeis !!!

Btw, for all who added me on their MSN ... THANKS... though i am still blur who is who though.

joyride

We have another BTB joining us, welcome priscilla!

updates:
* juju -> [WD] 28-Sep-07; [V] Oriental; [BS] ??; [AD-PG] Tuckys; [AD-VG] -

* ham ham -> [WD] 29-Sep-07; [V] Holiday Inn Park View; [BS] Divine Couture; [AD-PG] ??; [AD-VG] ??

* minne -> [WD] ??-Sep-07; [V] ??; [BS] ??; [AD-PG] ??; [AD-VG] ??

* wen -> [WD] 22-Sep-07; [V] Shangri La; [BS] Kai Couture; [AD-PG] Lighted Pixels; [AD-VG] Yuppies Production

* huijuan -> [WD] ??-Sep-07; [V] ??; [BS] ??; [AD-PG] ??; [AD-VG] ??

* ngjoan -> [WD] 29-Sep-07; [V] Hilltop Garden; [BS] Santiago; [AD-PG] 3D Lab; [AD-VG] 3D Lab;

* taRea -> [WD] 29-Sep-07; [V] Novotel Clarke Quay; [BS]Jawn Happy.Ever.After; [AD-PG] ??; [AD-VG] ??

* faithz1528 -> [WD] 29-Sep-07; [V] Shangri La; [BS] ??; [AD-PG] ??; [AD-VG] ??

* jenphua -> [WD] 19-Sep-07; [V] Regent; [BS] Jazreel Low Collections; [AD-PG] ??; [AD-VG] ??

* priscilla -> [WD] ??-Sep-07; [V] ??; [BS] ??; [AD-PG] ??; [AD-VG] ??

yuki31

Good morning Gals
happy.gif

Today is a raining day ,,,, past few days was so hot hot ...

Mei - thanks will have fun ....okie so maybe i get a bouquet myself ....keke :p was planning to get pink roses...wat do u think?

piglet - Welcome back
happy.gif
haha so u muz have brought many many things ......keke :p shld be alright to get in Aug ...ur PS ard Oct right? they will have time to make some alteration ...n final fitting....wow TiQing this weekend ....dun worry i am sure everything will go fine ....
thanks thanks ...will drink a lot water ....

BabyC - welcome
happy.gif
when is ur AD and where?

happyface

this thread is really happening ya =p

err, i think 1 of them had 7 jiemeis, then another had abt 6 jiemeis... i really cant imagine having 10 xiongdis & jiemeis... wow...

err, btw, both sides need to give angbaos to jie mei meh??

gate crashing ang bao is different.. depending on the skilss of the jiemei lei... =p

babystarlet

nowadays dun think got bridesmaids,usually they call sisters lol....
think both side parents gave us abt $8-$12.i'm talking abt the gate-crashing 1.

hi fudgecake,me also....dunno who is who at MSN,heee

Anyway txs all for adding.
happy.gif

happyface

hi fudgecake,

i've emailed Andrew from Segami. His charges are beyond my budget.. below is wat he quoted me..

Wedding Day Photography Rate
a) Artistic Journalistic Wedding Photography Service @ S$150 per hour
- High resolution of digital photos taken will be returned in Customer design DVD Album
b) 200pcs of 4R Photos developed and slipped into Segami Images Custom design slip-in album with box cover @ S$300
c) 30 pages of 12" Portrait style Segami Images Magazine Style Storybook album @ S$700
d) 30 pages of 15" Landscape style Segami Images Magazine Style Storybook album @ S$1000
e) Extra DVD Album with custom design cover and label @ S$100
f) A1 Size Wedding Movie Poster @ S$300
g) Morning or Whole day event photo highlight MTV DVD @ S$300
h) Additional associate photographer to take contemporary photos @ S$50 per hour

Surcharge if applies
- Early morning service before 7am @ S$150 per hour
- Late night service after 12am @ S$150 per hour
- Separate day event coverage surcharge (+ Free Morning or Whole day event photo highlight MTV DVD) @ S$300

meie

BabyC, welcome to this thread!
happy.gif

piglet.. you're back from BKK.. I'm going next week.. yay! Did you lug home a lot of things?

yuki.. most important the flowers match your dress, so maybe you can tell the florist the design of your dress & they can make a bouquet that complements it.

meie

Talking about tiqing reminds me of mine.. it was so weird.. FH's side sent two uncles over to tiqing.. no sight of my FH & his parents.. & I got to hide in my room.. can't show my face to those two uncles... heheh.

aegean

hi mona,

here are my details.

AD Date: 30 March 2007
AD Venue: The Regent Singapore
BS: Ted Wu
PS: NIL
AD Photo: Kalyedoscope
AD Video: Emoti*npix
ROM Date: Same as AD date
Love nest: TBC

shers83

hi piglet,

welcome back.... bangkok is it raining everyday? any flood? bought alot of things? yeah... my coordinator also tell me more design coming end mth cos chge season mah...

hi yuki,

tiqing any day also k or muz pick date ah? u muz be excited... hehhehee enjoy ur ps... get well soon.

fudgecake

Hi happyface,

I just met him last nite. His works are really good. What really impresses me is his eagerness to excel as well as his pride in his work. His latest AD works has improved leaps and bounds from those featured in his website. He may not seem impressive/look like a fotographer on initial impression but after we got into an animated conversation on his works, how he started out doing wedding photography and his experimental styles... me and hubby are almost HOOK, LINE and SINKER! Hubby went to see a doc. got swollen eye. now waiting for him to come back and discuss further.

Btw : His A1 Movie Poster and his MTV highlights are GREAT!!!

fudgecake

hmmm... i am thinking able table arrangement now. Do we need to allocate seats to PG and VG? I dun want them to starve during my dinner. I seen frens who allocate them seats and most of the time ... they are busy snapping/fliming away. Izzit courteousy to allocate them seats?

jaspire

Gals,

For jiemei's and xiongdi's angpow... Other than both side parents will give and gate crashing angpow, do the bride and groom give them angpow oso? I am not sure and do not want to miss out anything... pls help advise. Tks!~

yuki31

Hi Shers,

for my side, the tiqing is juz a date where both parents are free to meet for dinner ...we din really pick date lor ...

ya excited on PS ...hope to get well n enjoy ..now making a list wat to bring for PS.

yuki31

Hi Mei,

y cant show face? i din know abt it.
for mine is a sit down dinner between two parents n my FH sis n BIL ..keke :p
Both parents seem very Ke Qi ...keke :p sometime suddenly quiet like a bit funny ...keke :p

fudgecake

hi Joanne,

I thought the only AP that the groom gives is the BIG BIG BIG Ang Pao during the tekan session? hmm.... btw, who are the list of pple which we must give AP?

1) xiongdi and jie mei
2) PG
3) VG
4) emcee
5) driver for actual day

did i miss anything out and enuff to allocatre

jaspire

hi fudgecake,

Not sure if $1000 is enuf. I oso budget dat amt leh and not sure if groom need to give further AP to all those who helped.

6) Aunty who helped during tea-ceremony? To say gd words one and tell u who is who?
7) Little boy to open car door for groom
8) Flower gal and ring-bearer (if u hv)
9) Boy to jump and roll on yr wedding bed?

Er... not sure if all needs to give... anyone who knows can advise?

sunflower44

Hi lim,
Im from Spore, my future hb is a Msian working in Spore, so we'll have to hold both wedding dinners loh... Yup my AD is on 12 Aug 07....dinner in Spore will be held on 18 Aug... we're looking at Conrad now, should be signing with them soon... What abt u? =)

Hmm...not much response from the rest...

fudgecake

wah... so many more pple to give AP...

headache... so i need to find a little boy to open the door for the groom and a little boy to jump and roll over my bed somemore. Alamak.... where to find so many little boys....i have lots and lots of female cousins and nieces though

I am almost going broke over this wedding thingy.

fudgecake

hmmm happyface... the small AP to PG and VG is like a token only. seen my other frens doing it though. but sure if it is compulsory.

meie

yuki.. we just follow whatever my MIL arrange.. mine was that tiqing one first.. where those two uncles come to my house to indicate to my parents that my bf's side want to ask for my hand in marriage. After this, then my parents met his on another day.

Next got to tackle GDL & food tasting.. I always get nervous whenever both parents need to meet.. just seems a bit weird.. heheh.

chere

That means must also give a token to MUA? How about the younger ones.. like your cousins, nieces and nephews?

jaspire

yeah... i guess everyone is going broke! Haha... so does it mean that all the listed pple, groom will give AP but for xiongdi and jiemei... parents from both side will give AP and groom dun nid liao? Sorry ah, me quite confused...

fudgecake

hmmm... any comments on PG William Chua? saw his fotos on the WPJA website but there is no thread on this PG in this forum. wonder why.

happyface

hey, i think i have a list of pple whom we need to give AP to. I go home to search from my pc and post it in the thread...... then maybe we can use tht as a reference...

err, but someone must 1st teach me how to attach document to the thread... hahah

jasangcy

HI ALL, my wedding date is 5 May 2007? Actually I need help, do you gals heard about Mr. Miss wedding club BS? I went and saw their prices is so low than usual Singapore BS offer...

I have also in mist of deciding Orchard Parade HOtel and Furama City centre cos of their Ballroom jus renovated...

thanks all,
jasmine

jasangcy

HI jarbebe & CoCo... nice to know you all are from NCC, cos me & fiance also from NCC. We will also hold Holy Matrimony in the hotel, how to go about telling ROM? =)

chere

hi fudgecake, i've met up with William Chua in apr when i was sourcing for PG for my ROM. His works are nice and he's easy to get along with. However, i managed to confirm another PG who offered a more affordable pkg. William is free lancing wedding photography but he told me he has plans to go full time soon.

yuki31

Mei, icic ....mine was just a meetup for dinner ... yap next is GDL n food tasting ...haha same here ...i scare parents disagree on things ...hope everything goes smoothly
happy.gif

jenphua

hi priscilla,

welcome to the group!

erm.. u're not too late but not early either.. should quickly get a date soon esp lunar 8th month is always the peak period for weddings.. if u need recommendations on choosing the dates, send me ur email. i can send u 2 contacts to go... enjoy ur wedding prep! ^_^

originbaby

hi girls, long time no post from me. having my PS tomorrow!! panic panic never lose weight. keep telling myself just need to smile n look happy. heehee

yuki31

Hi originbaby,

hello
happy.gif
where u been? wow u so fast tmr PS .....keke :p faster than me ....keke :p
dun worry i sure u look ur best tmr
happy.gif

where u going for ur PS?

anise

fudgecake.. wah hmm if dats the case i tink i need to call rtc to confirm.. hehe..

wah tink wedding is gonna make us all broke.. haha so scary.. i tink mua not necessary to give an angbao unless u really like her/his work ya..

gate cashin.. normally will get $188.. but all these depend on the jie mei skill of coz..

yuki31

Hi originbaby,

icic ....do have fun at ur PS ....wat will u be being for PS? i still writing my list ...
ur BS providing flower?

originbaby

oh i'm not really bring anything extra... only the 'necessities' like FH's shirts, ties, black pants, belt, black shoes, rings, my shoes, blotter n camera.

anise

yo anyone can share with me wat i should ask for during the banquet discussion?? wat i should look out for... anyone got a list??

share with mi.. thanks in advance

hypnotiqjoop

i've heard of frens who have been other brides' jie meis before, they received angpows from the couple, amount is usually above $30. It depends on what you expect them to do, if they help you to plan, find your wedding gown, emcee, torture your hubby at the door, etc then i think they deserve more cos quite a lot of effort on their part, giving up quite a few days of their time. and i think they will really appreciate food and drink during the day. e.g. if you expect them to arrive at your place at 7am, then better have breakfast ready.