(2007) Brides of year 2007

krystal80

not so much personality but more like end up being the one to give in most of the time coz most of my ex-es were like that...always blaming me for when things go wrong even though it's their fault...thank God my hubby is not like that, but still I promised myself that I will not let that happen again...

kayemoss

Mei, its getting bigger by the day but not as big as some ladies who re in the 5th mth!

Just counting down to 6pm!
happy.gif

jhoo

hi girls, no worry, honeymilktea is guai today, heh
happy.gif

haha, kaye, ur cross leg so funny.. there's once i asked my ex-colleague who was preggie at that time if her view will be block when walking down the stair.. cant rem what she said

Yes weekend again. Enjoy girls!

diva79

andrea >> oh dear..i see. my hb is my 1st stead..so i dun have anyone to compare with or experience wats like with other ppl.

but your hb is really sweet. u r a real lucky gal to have him n he is fortunate to have ya too.
happy.gif

jaspire

wow... Italy... so nice! Its where me and bf wanted to go initially but bcos of the hot weather and my bf cant take heat well, we abandon the idea. So sad... but well, there will be another time. *evil thots* Kekeke...

happyface, no leh... dun hv actual day gown cos my bridal dun allow us to use camera. But evening gown is my kebaya loh. I dun hv another evening gown.
happy.gif

jeraldin

drea ah..

see you later at amore itself k? me taking cab from serangoon...maybe leaving abt 630pm hopefully there wouldn't be too much traffic...

bluberi

hi ladies... uber quiet today... hahaha...

my ABB almost done... have wrapped it.. but gonna leave it at the present state coz nw busy with moving house. no time to start on corsages also..

toking abt bedsheets, i already bought dunno 3-4 sets liao (including the wedding one my mum bought). got 2 quilts liao but i'm still eyeing the aussino $19.90 quilt. saw it on wed at PS but nv buy. mattress protector got at least 3 sets also.. hehe.. 4 new pillows not to mention and pillow protector. all i need the most now is a bolster.

happyface

hi jaspire,

okie, will wait for you to upload ur actual day photos after 30 Jun...=)

Chere: Thanks! I also saw ur pic in Ted Collection thread..very nice too.. btw, is the 1st pic ur new home?

gregina

hmm...just now was at cityhall area. so popped by robinsons to look.

Most items have additional 20% discount
happy.gif
except for those cosmetics stations and in-store promo items. I didn't went thru all the sections, only walk-thru the bags and shoes area. heh...lots of ppl :p mabbe i'll go again to look at their bedsheets!! keke. Offer ends on 24 June!

vpuzzled

Hi all,
How long does it take to get your AD photo, (unedited CD) ? It has been a full 2 wks and when i last call them, they say it's not ready.

loveangel

Celine: I think it's to lit up when you go to your "new home" on the AD. You're not supposed to switch it off until the batteries are depleted.

My MIL wants mine to be switched on for 12 consecutive days & nights. *faints!!!* She's super traditional.

jellyfield: My friend wasn't allowed to see her FH & MIL when they came over for GDL. But i also have friends who were present. Is it due to certain dialects customs?

bel_vodka

Hi there... i haven move in. can oni stay there on my AD 25 june 07. As for my reno those pple oso everytime drag the dateline one.
still in e progress of shifting my things over to new hse. collected my gowns(except my wedding gown can oni be collected on sun-so last min sigh) juz planned my itinery ytd. quite afraid of the time lost. ytd jus passed my cd with weddin pics to complete my weddin montage.
left 2 days to ad, i haven book manicurists yet lor. chiam liao....

poogle

snowiee, i brought my bed from ackerman and smith... service is good, delivery good, even delivery uncle also very good he even specially deliver 1 sheep to my mum's hse cos that time he delivered my mattress to my new hse,the sheep was out of stock..
happy.gif

Agnes, i think we can be buddy of bedsheets liao.. I like to buy bedsheets!

b4 my bed been delivered to my new hse, i already brought 3 sets of bedsheets, 8 pillows (4 for guests) 2 bolsters, 1 quilt, duno how many mattress and pillow protectors... All brought from sales.. The bedsheets all from Sintex. sometime when they going to launch their new designs, they will have 40% to 60% discounts for bedsheet sets..

bluberi

baojess, mi also bought all during sales.. save alot of $$.. haha.. i like to buy nice nice bedsheets. still tinking of the quilts wor

hislove

Hi Carol,
U're welcome..
Btw.. I saw at The Loft (Centrepoint top floor), many interesting and vintage items.
Like vintage looking photoframe etc..
U may want to take a look.

Hi Yvonne,
*Wave* fellow WL BTB..
wat's MTB?
Ur prep almost done? wow.. u're fast..

snowiee

thanks baojess for the comments on ackerman
happy.gif

baojess, did you also order the bedframe from them?

i havent bought any bedsheets yet leh.. very tempted to buy.. hehe

usually how much do you all pay for 1 set?

Set of bedsheet, pillow x 2 , bolster x 2

I find egyptian cotton quite smooth..

anyone tried that or using that?
happy.gif
which material should we buy ah..

i see silk, egyptian cotton, cotton sateen , combed cotton, 100% cotton..

wah.. see till blur... which material is better?
happy.gif

babystarlet

paiseh,me slow again,i'm fine for all the dates for the meetup.

wah belsi,envy u leh,i haben go for my honeymoon yet.jus started at new job,too paiseh to take so many days leave

banska

Sher, you can actually take your pre wedding photos in the hotel or venue you are gonna have your reception. You just have to check with the hotel which part of the hotel is suitable for photo taking! You should have the privilege since you will be the guest of the hotel. My hardworking wedding planner (from Sedan of Love) arranged for mine this way. She took the pictures of the "garden", the "room" and the "spots" I can have my wedding photos! She emailed me, I said thats fine, good idea. She then got me to sign the indemnity form, send it back to the hotel, set a date with photographer. I dont have a church, maybe you can do yours there too!! OH YES! Ok, she knows where we meet and my favourite "place", so that is gonna be arranged too! Shoot at a location meaningful which has a story to tell!(haha, I am stealing her words!). maybe both of you met in the pub? Go there!! or maybe you are NUS buddy?! Go there!! And, thats it, I am going to have my pre wedding photoshoot which is memorable to myself and my lifetime partner!

leuk_meisje

Hi,
May I know what actually happens during a tea ceremony?

-When bride/groom addresses the higher rank relatives, the bride/groom kneels? Who gives who angpaos?

-When bride/groom addresses the same rank relatives, such as siblings / cousins etc.. who gives who angpaos?

Does the ages count more or ranks count more?

eg: cousin is older than bride/groom in age, but is the youngest uncle's son... den how?

Also if bride/groom has to give angpao to relatives of the same rank, what is the market rate to put in each angpao? or is presents better?

-For relatives lower in rank, meaning like nephews and nieces, what is the market rate to put in angpao? or is presents better?

-For that little boy who opens the bridal car door, how much do we put in his angpao?

My tea ceremony is in beginning of july and I am very stressed now! Pls help! :D

anise

thanks selsel... will go chk it out.. hopefully can get a good rate..

sher... i getting abit confuse.. did u meet up with ur photographer before hand?? did u tell them where u wanna go etc??? i am wondering izzit dat we got to wait till our PS dat very day to discuss all that??

loveangel

leuk: I don't have my tea ceremony yet but my friends who are married said that kneeling is optional nowadays. Unless your elder folks are insistent on it.

As for younger relatives (siblings/cousins), you will need to give unmarried ones ang baos. My parents tell me i will also have to give some of my older relatives (like parents, grandparents & god-parents) ang baos. Not sure also.

For my cousin who is opening the bridal car door, my hubby will give $28. As for the rest of the younger relatives, we will be giving $10 each.

stpeiyee

gals,

i m back fm KL! GDL on saturday, pretty hectic schedule for me. i gotta meet my fren to get my wedding gift from her, choose furniture for hb's room, check out nail salons near my house, etc etc etc. so so so busy!

anyway, all done. my mum get me bedside lamp, coz MIL insist on it. she insist on so many things. simple stuffs become more complicated liao. the lamps run on batteries one. i stick the 'hei' stickers on it.

cck... i got u ur nice corsages adi
happy.gif

cladi

Jus went for my final fitting.. keke .. lose weight le.. need some alteration for my WG....

Hai.. guess getting nearer to our AD.. Hubby n me keep quarrel over minor stuffs... so silly.. but jus cant ctrl my temper..
sad.gif

poogle

Hi Agnes, i also wan to buy another Quilt, cos the one i have now is too thin, but hubby said after we move in liao then see, if it is really too thin, then buy another one.. But should have 2 quilt,right?? if one need to wash, still have another 1 to use mah...

Hi Snowiee,yes, i brought the bedframe and mattress from them.the mattress is Serta's Alabama.

I only know the price for Sintex, 1 set bedsheet include 1 quilt too, is abt $168 for normal price, and sometime i got it from sales of 40% and 60%.. so must wait for sales then buy.. kekeke..

matterial.. hmm... i am ok with anything as long as it is not rough when feeling it will do...
happy.gif

ruoyan123

Hi snowiee,

I bought my mattress from Ackerman & Smith too. Bsically we find the salesman quite nice and the reason we buy from them is bcos the Simmons Charleston Plush is exclusive to them and we really like it. The support is good and it is very comfy as well.

snowiee

ruoyan: which was the salesman for urs?

Verlica: welcome! please gimme your details as per the following:

<table border=1><tr><td>Screenname</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>AD</TD><TD>AD Venue</TD><TD>BS</TD><TD>PG</TD><TD>PG (AD)</TD><TD>VG</TD><TD>Lovenest</TD><TD>Wedding Bands</TD><TD>ROM Date</TD><TD>JP</TD><TD>ROM Venue</TD><TD>Email</TD><TD>Friendster</TD><TD>MSN</TD><TD>Multiply </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

you can drop me an email at [email protected]

pastillies

my reno is finally "ALMOST" complete!!! though i only did minor renos, but the "chasing part" is no joke man...my contractor a bit slow but good thing he's good &amp; honest, workmanship no doubts so at least me &amp; HB no need to be ard for the supervision of the reno works....just SLOW..so we end up "chasing" him to hurry up...almost had to call up all my funitures to postpone the delivery date if my reno can't end on time..

now reno completing soon, next thing is the closets , wallpaper, lightings &amp; finally furnitures...finally furnitures tat we hv so KS ordered mths back can finally see them
happy.gif

how's ur preps ladies?
wedding dinner preps? go for food tasting already? i scheduing it for next mth..

babe_belle

Hi Carol,
Thanks for your email..

Hi Pastillies,
My reno should be completing soon too, by 2nd week of July. So excited about it! Finally, we can have our own little nest. Hee Hee...
I'll also arranging my food tasting end of July. I still do not have my AD make-up artist and still looking around. I have enquired some but they are over my budget.

french_vanilla

claudia> u are not alone,me too keep throwing temper on him over minor stuffs,feel so toopid after that,may be ad coming worri too much oso..lead to stress

danadele

cpigl, im fine
happy.gif
already back to the working force fer 1 week le.. Remember to tk extra care..

claudia &amp; pineapple, fret not.. i understand why loose tempers.. but try to control it cuz somehow is gonna be a memorable thing fer ur.. i agree whjen i planning my AD i tend to get upset wif my hubby cuz he simply bo chup.. but we din engage in quarrel lahz.. cuz he become worried when the AD is juz 2-3 daes away haha whereas i juz tink wat other things needed to touch up
happy.gif

cladi

Gd Morning gals...

So soon 30/6 is on THIS sat liao... OMG... i so kan cheong...

yty nite.. again we quarrel.. over seat planning.. i have my done.. but his side... hai... his dad give out 40 invitation card.. = 4 table.. but he dun wan to do asvp... he expect all to turn up... in the other hand.. my hubby need 5 tables... n he include the 2 reserve table to make up his 5 table...

i was like.. wat if his dad dun take up 4 tables.. n we use the reserve table... then how?? does it mean we will need to shift the guests ard ah...

he jus dun understand wat i m concern with... cant we jus plan properly...