(2007/10) ROM in 2007 October

littlepanda81

Hi Gals, saw that most of u got your flats. happy for u..
happy.gif
I think for contractors, get a few quotes would be the best so that u can compare. For mine, I did a mini reno. I can give u my contractor contact. His name is Andy, 90010206. I found him on the forum too.. service good too.

Klping, u got yr flat at Kim Tian! So near my house. I am staying at Tiong Bahru .. near the market.
happy.gif
Yes, agree with u that the prices are steep here but very convenient.

Karen, yr AD wedding is coming.
happy.gif
how yr preparation? almost done? Remember to relax and get your brothers and sisters to help u on the actual day. Just be a pretty bride.
happy.gif

luvz17

Thanks for the contacts, Gals..
another options for me to look into.

Klping, yours is real good bargain. considering the location and the flat is like...new??
my flat is 4 rm and 10+ yrs, cov 12k. location is at hougang.

Karen..it's so near...got jittery feeling??

klping

wow, PP, we stayed pretty near to each other. Moreover, TB plaza would soon be second home to us.

it seems that you gals r saying it's a good buy but i do have relatives and friends telling me that i am silly to buy such an expensive house. i hope i dun regret buying it. it's a big commitment though

littlepanda81

Ya, klping.
happy.gif
TB plaza is introducing more stores. better for us.. i have been staying in TB.. for the longest while.. haha.. never move out of that area before. U wont regret.. coz it is really centralised.
happy.gif

ALways remember central areas has more value if u are selling in future.. hehe.. recently, i just heard that someone bought a very high price for a 3 room flat in tb.
happy.gif

BTW, When are u moving in?

klping

PP, I felt relieved to hear that. Our bank loan just got approved and we are waiting for our first appointment. My new house is at Blk 131C, Kim Tian Road. Have to walk for about 15 min to reach TB MRT.

littlepanda81

Good news for u, klping.
happy.gif
hee.. Oh, sounds familar.. i think i know where.. near those new blocks right..
happy.gif
For my house, its just 2 blocks beside the TB market.. those 4 storey high flats..
happy.gif
BTW, do u have msn? I have forgotten whether i have added u.. haha

klping

yes, you have added me, PP. You are Joanne, right? My PS is in July and I have put on 3kg due to stress. My double chin is so obvious now. Sigh. Don;t think I am in time to lose weight.

littlepanda81

Hi Klping, yes, u are right. Yr msn is klping? I must go back and check. Cant use msn during my workplace. haha..

Maybe u can check out robinsons for the shoes? I bought my bridal shoes there the last time.
happy.gif

BTW, ask u a qn.. understand that u pay 10k extra on top of the valuation.. Usually, hOw much is it in the market rate? Trying to find out as one of my fren is selling their house.

klping

ghee....it's [email protected] for my msn.

so far we have viewed quite a number of houses around bukit merah area (5 room), on average owners are asking 25k above val. this owner, together with the family has already moved to overseas to work and previously have rejected the price at 658K (28k cash) so now no choice but to accept our proposal.

klping

wat to do? if i want to stay near my mum, I have to buy at this kind of price or about 500+k. Unless I can accept moving far away from my house like Jurong, Pungol, Yishun etc, I'll definitely buy a bigger house at a cheaper price. It's really what we can accept. I felt heartache too. Can only hope that our new house can fetch a good price in the next couple of years so that we can have positive gains or zero losses.

dkaren

Hi klping,
The most important thing you must like the house.
Trust me that you are not paying the most.
In the past, i have seen more expensive flats in AMK and the worst scenario is most of them are asking for 50K cash and all the flats are above 20 yrs old.

Unless they are like your case, the owner are rushing to sell away the house. If not, most of them will not offer such a deal.

littlepanda81

Hi Klping, thanks. 10K cash is considered "cheap" for resale nowsaday. Do u have the grant for staying near parents?

Agree with Karen. What is impt is that both of u like the house and feel comfortable in it
happy.gif
remember to show us your lovely home after reno.
happy.gif

klping

Thanks, Karen. We both feel comfortable the house and even brought my husband's 3 yr old nephew there. He was running around happily.

PP, in fact we are doing minimum renovation. Just thinking how we can make cabinets and maximize the space for our room. Hope we don't spend more than 20k on furniture and simple reno.

dkaren

Hi Ladies,

Just another 4 days will be my Big days..
Till now, i have not finished my time line.

I am having fever now.

klping

Hope you are feeling better, Karen.

No matter what, everything will be in place. Enjoy your big day!Just stay happy!

benbenfish

Karen...

Tmr is your BIG day le wor!!!!! Happy wedding...Enjoy your day wor!!! Remember, upload photos for us to see hor!!!!! hahahahaha....

dkaren

Go_Od Morning Ladies,
Just finished bathing.... hee.
I have uploaded some of wedding photo shoots in the multiply. Here is the address: http://dkaren.multiply.com

Please enjoy. So Kan Cheong now.. despite of all these. Everything will turn out well in Jesus Name ! Thank you Abba Daddy for sending all these lovely peoples to me!

Okie.. I need to get myself ready le wor.
See you soon after my wedding.

& to PP, sorry that i cant speak to u via msn yesterday cos a lot of things have not done yet.
will speak to u soon too.

Sayonara. Love, Hugs & Muacks
Karen Deanne

dkaren

Yozzzz... Ladies,
I have returned.
Thank you Abba Daddy ! Everything went well for my wedding.

Next is I will upload when it's ready

luvz17

Time flies...and Karen's AD is over..
Glad to hear that everything went well. Once again, Congrats!!
Went to see your multiply. Which one is your AD WG? I like the white/ silver gown, I think it is very unique. Rem to post more photos!!

Btw, I am v pissed w my hairdresser.. He cut away my curl and dyed very dark colour to almost black.. N next week is my PS!!! My hair length is compromised, curl gone and black colour...I am very very sad..

littlepanda81

Yes, agree. TIme flies. Karen's AD is over.
happy.gif
Looking forward to her pics. Karen, your WG is from white link? Coz it look familar..
happy.gif

Who's the next one on our list?

Luv, dun be angry..cool down. For the hair colour, you still have chance to dye the colour u want..just need to apply more treatment so that it is not so dry.. For the hair length, I am sure your hair stylist can style hairdos that suits u.. I wear a wig for one of my style.. quite nice actually.
happy.gif
So no worries...
BTW, which BS did u sign up?

dkaren

Hi PP,

The WG is from white link.
How do you know that ?

The next one shld be Berry Egg. Her is on the 26th July.

littlepanda81

Karen, Oh, I saw on the multiply website before. hehe. Saw one of the gals wearing it as well.
happy.gif
Very unique so I remember it. hehe..nice.

Wah..that is fast.. this month.. Berry must be busy preparing..hehe

happinessbliss

Hey Girls...

Karen < Congrats! I'm so happy for you that everything went well... sorry that i could not send my wishes earlier as my laptop kena virus and sent for maintenance..I just got it back today... I'm waiting to see yr AD pics...hehe...

Oh Ya.... I think Elaine seldom come to this thread anymore... She is happily preparing to be mummy.... her EDD is Oct... kekeke....

benbenfish

Ya lor....our gals here, more and more AD over le..think left a few onli including me not yet AD wor..haha...
U all going to get ready to be mummy soon le?

luvz17

I think the next one is happiness &amp; bliss, in Sep..right?

Mine is 27 Dec 08. Initially we have chosen 7th Dec. Due to unavailability of hotels, we have another date for a change..

My BS is Graceful Image. How abt you all?
I will be gng for trial this sat. PS on 15th..

happinessbliss

Hi Luvz,

Yup mine is in Sept... on 27 Sept... but if i did not remember wrongly, i think berryegg is in July... My BS is Our Wedding Affairs.... already got back softcopies of the pics... now busy with invitation cards printing and GDL stuff.... hubby is busy with doing up our room...

Fish < getting ready to me mummy anot...hmmmm...i think let nature take its course ba... hehehe...

klping

Hi BerryEgg

Wants to congrat you on your coming AD wedding. It's going to be even more memorable than ROM.

Hi luvz17
Mine is on 10 Dec. Going for my trial on 14/7 and PS on 18/7. I am so excited about the PS but I am down with a viral attack that causes me to have hypertension. Have been sick for almost a week and I still looked so pale. Hope I get well enough to look good enough in the next 2 weeks.

luvz17

Happiness &amp; Bliss,
you got all the soft pics? When i heard couple topping up the photo album, the amt was very amazing..some top up to $3k..btw, how much did u top up?? hahaha...

klping, better get more rest. do you have any medication?

My eyes also something wrong..duno what happen. It becomes so red after i wore my lens (i have been using it daily for the last 10 yrs). I really look as if have cried for weeks.. been resting my eyes for the last 1 mth. Tried the lens 1 time in between, thinking it is alright. WHo knows it starts agn..PS need to wear 1 day lens oh...

Btw, anyone knows An chuang procedure?
My AD is in dec as I mentioned before, but will be doing an chuang and moving in on the same day.
my mil said the room cannot be entered after tat. Bt my mum can sleep on it already.. thn who is right??

benbenfish

Luvz17...
Hmm..from wat i kNow is tt, after ur An chuang, the room still can enter but the bed cant be sit and sleep or even touch till your AD..the two red bed side lamps have to on it for the whole nite of your AD eve...

littlepanda81

Hi Fish, me too. Not going to be mum to be soon.. hee. Enjoy a bit of honeymoon first.
happy.gif

Oh Yes, guess berryegg is busy preparing her wedding.
happy.gif
Afterwhich will be Happinesses..
Karen, do you still have the summary table of the AD dates?

Ya, congrats Elaine.
happy.gif
Second Mum to be in our thread
happy.gif
Shermaine the first one.

Luvz, I agree with Fish, that is what we do as well. Nobody is suppose to touch the bed. Room still can enter.
happy.gif

dkaren

HI PP, what do u mean by the summary table of the AD dates? do u mean of the calendar of Special dates ?
of all our wedding dates ?

happinessbliss

Luvz< the softcopies are the selected photos... but we are getting back all our photos (selected and non selected) back in hardcopies too... i only top up 4 pics... but i manage to "sweet talk" the BS boss to give me back all pics....kekekeke....

The An Chuan procedure, we are doing the very very simple one. A "good fortune" couple to shift the bed a bit, then a boy to roll on the bed, then 2 gold coins on all 4 corners of bed , then put the sweets stuff on the bed...room not to be touch by anybody...thats y we are doing it 2 days before AD...

benbenfish

WAh.....Happiness&amp;Bliss, u really manage to get back all of your photos even thought u didnt pay for extra $$ to get back? Such a good BS boss..I also wana...haha...

luvz17

Elaine?? ELaine is mum-to-be too??
PP, how do you know? dun seem to see her posting here..

Ladies, Thanks for the An Chuang inputs.. i hope to keep it simple too. If that is the case, better choose another date nearer to AD.

Happiness&amp;Bliss, u v good ah.. how did you manage to talk the boss and mesmerise him?? so gd loh..Tok abt PS always scares me...i am afraid that I will have top up alot. I have asked my hubby for budget so that I can control myself.

klping

Thanks, luvz17. I felt better today but I am still having the terrible cough and all the phlegm. I have to get well as soon as possible.
Have you decided wher to take your photos?

Happiness: Which BS did you go to? It's such a good deal to get back all the photos with no cost. Please teach me some tactics how to convince the boss.

happinessbliss

Luvz < ya elaine is going to be mum soon. I spoke to her via msn...

klping < I am with Our Wedding Affairs @ Kovan... no tactics la... keke... just that my hubby and I very talkative la... so when we go to BS always chit-chat with the boss... initially before we sign-up we also nego with him... thats y he can make decision to throw in quite a nuumber of freebies for us... even the photos...kekeke...

luvz17

klping, my photoshoot will be at those common places like Hort Park, Sentosa, Fullerton Area/ Sg flyer... to catch diff scenarios.. we have greenery/ flower, sunset and urban life/building.

Happiness, send regards &amp; congratulate Elaine for me...haha..dn even know if she rem my existence...nvm lah..just say from Oct 07 fellow brides..

Karen, wrist corsage is nice..where do you get it frm?

dkaren

Hello Luvz,

it's from Yuki Florist.
The same florist for the wedding banquet ( Grand Shanghai )

Below is her contact
Celeste Lim
Yuki Florists &amp; Gifts
342A King George's Avenue
King George's Building
Singapore 208575
Tel: 6732 6145
Fax: 6396 8616
Email:[email protected]