(2007/10) ROM in 2007 October

dkaren

Hi Ladies again,
Tomorrow is my PS.So excited about it.

Happiness: My parents will be staying with me.Therefore, 没有二人世界。but i still thank the Lord for getting a queue for Queenstown selection

Congrats Klping getting a queue.
My Queue nos is 238 vs 284 unit.
I will be getting a unit and trusting the Lord for the best unit.
I will pray for u getting a 5rm at Queenstown.

dkaren

Oh Ya forgotten to reply Luvz,

Yes i did apply for Telok Blangah Flat.
But my queue was 8000+.

Anyway, I am much happier getting the Queenstown flat. In future , it will be much nearer to my church ( One North )

I got to go and sleep le so that i can be pretty bride tomorrow for my PS. Hee

littlepanda81

Hi klping, oh, u had the same bridal shop as I do. Hee. so what kind of gowns did you choose? Any photos to share?

Karen, hows yr PS today? Must be tiring. hehe.. where did u go? BTW, which bridal shop did u sign up with?

happinessbliss

PP< I think Karen BS is Whitelink... If i did not remember wrongly...hehe

Oh ya, gals if u are going to some lallang field or outdoor field... do remember to apply yr insect repellent..i forgot mine and was bitten by mosquito like crazy...

dkaren

Yes Happiness was right . I signed up with whitelink. My photographer was Vincent.

I went to Grand Shanghai and Eton Hall Cantebury Rd (Rope Swing )

klping

Oh yes, I signed with them during last year's December roadshow. The most important reason was that I trusted Chris Ling's photogrpahy skills and I hit off well with Skyy.

I chose a low V-neck at the back (front: simple sphagetti), halter neck gown for outdoor, a 'pumpkin' type gown, a princess-like exagerrated gown, an evening gown (Cheongsum top and frills at the bottom, looked like mermaid shape). Ha...this is the best I can describe as I do not have photos.

PS would be in mid July. Where did you for outdoor shoot? How long was the shoot? How many places can you go?

littlepanda81

Happiness, good memory.. hee.
Karen, PS tiring right? hee.. smile non stop.

Klping, Skyy has became their inhouse photographer, i heard. She is not bad.. quite good i heard. hee.. enjoy your PS.

Oh, cant u take the pics? I took a lot when i was there. hahaha.. maybe different co-ordinator. I went to botantic gardens and clarke quay.. not many places as its raining that day...

Well, i am flying off to korea for honeymoon tonight. Will chat with you when i am back.
happy.gif

dkaren

PP, enjoy ur honeymoon in Korea.

Yes, PS was very tiring. I had fallen sick after that... sore throat / cough / running nose... still in the recovering process.

I am going to Hawaii and LA for my honeymoon in Sept. so excited about it.

luvz17

Karen, is PS fun?? it really sounds tiring. rest well so that you can recover soon.. Gd luck in your queenstown balloting, any appoinment already?

Have fun, PP!!

dkaren

Hi Luvz, I have not received any appt yet for Queenstown. My Hubby has called the HDB. They replied that we will only receive the package in late April or early May.

Only Bedok has appt date, which is early May.
I guess Queenstown is Mid May or End May.

benbenfish

Hi Karen,

Actually the appointment date and time is able to check online de wor.. when that time we have our Q-no and we are able to see the appointment date and time for choosing our flat le..

dofu78

Hi Karen, I saw that you took your wedding photos in Grand Shanghai. Are you having your AD venue over there as well?

I am still thinking what colour for evening gown best suits that venue.

PP and Klping, I have also signed up with Z wed. Cant find a suitable evening gown to date. Who is your MUA?

happinessbliss

Hello Ladies... where is everybody? So quiet here nowadays...

PP < How's yr Korea Honeymoon? Must be fun...

Karen < how's prep so far?

klping < settle yr gowns already?

To update, i chose my album pics already... but forgot to bring back the CD to show u gals... grrrr..... must call them and tell them i wan to collect it.... hmmm

benbenfish

Haha...

coz AD done already done, waiting is still waiting, busy preparing is still preparing...As for me, not busy wif AD still but busy with assignments and new job....haha...so happy see u all had wonderful AD or happily prepare your AD... haha...

Anyone here preparing to have baby soon le??? see who is the 1st couple become father and mother...heehee..

happinessbliss

I guess the ladies who have completed their AD is Elaine and PP... Karen is next in June... So among 3 of them couples, see who 1st lor (to have bb)...kekeke...
Hmmm, but most of them do not come back to this thread anymore.... guess they "graduated" to other threads maybe...

dkaren

Hello Fish and the rest.

I have chosen my photos le...
But i do not have the softcopy yet.
I will upload into my multiply once i have it.

littlepanda81

Hi Gals, I am back from my honeymoon. hee. Jeju island is nice! Package tour is a bit rush though..never do much shopping...but Faceshop there is cheap..almost half the price of SG.
happy.gif

U can view my photos at my mutiply. Took over 1000 over photos.. but just uploaded 2 albums. lol.

Hi Valerie, my MUA is Ponnie.. I like her makeup. When is your AD? Choose your gown slowly..they should have new gowns coming in. For me, I went there almost 6-7 times before i confirmed...

Hi Fish and Happiness, did not plan for baby so soon. haha.. still need to settle down a bit.. and enjoy my honeymoon first.. haha. Hei, u guys remember Shermaine, 09/10/07? She ROM same day with me.. and she is expectating!
happy.gif
So she is the first. hee.. Congrats Shermaine.

klping

Happiness: I have settled my gowns. However, gowns I chose are not the conventional type and I think they are rather exagerrating. I can only get to wear once and can only afford to wear it during wedding so I just went ahead with it.

PP: I went Korea last Dec too. I bought many stuff from Faceshop too as they are really cheap. =)You mean you went to the shop to choose the gowns 6 - 7 times? They allow? I went there 2 times. They are going to charge me for service if I were to rechoose the gowns again. My PS is in July and I still think it was rather early for me to choose the gowns in early April as I would miss out the new gowns. What do you think? I chose a rather deep-cut halter neck gown for the outdoor shoot. Hope it turns out well. I am going to be so busy and stress with my work and stidies till end of June. Hope within 2 weeks, I can look my best for the PS.

Karen: Did you receive the appointment letter from HDB to select your flats? We have only received the queue no but not the appointment date and time. Do you know which website can I go to to view the status of the flats (which one has been bought and which one has not)?

benbenfish

Hi Klping,

u go www.hdb.gov.sg, at the right side, there is a lady photo then write 'My HDB page', from there, u log in wif u IC no and singpass then can view the status for your appointment date and time, but if u onli receive ur Q no not long ago, then ur appointment wont be tt fast come out wor... but u sure can check ur appoinment status from there at the earliest.

benbenfish

Hi pp,

how u know shermaine is expectating le? wah..tt's fast, but i read back our pervious msg, she didnt mentioned when is her AD wor...or her ROM and AD held on the same date? wah...she is the 1st one to become mummy le wor... congrats to her lei...but I think she doesnt have time to come back to this forum le...sob...otherwise can let her share her experience...heehee

benbenfish

Hi Klping,

Sorry, juz re-read ur msg, u wana check the status for the room (which one has been selected and which one has not hor), ok, u can go HDB main website, at the top there, u see three pics, then click tt 'Home seekers - buying a new HDB', then click 'check flat on offer', after tt click 'For Shortlisted Applicants', from there, u can check which unit has been selected and which one has not. hope it's clear...
http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10201p.nsf/WPDis/Buying%20A%20New%20HDB%20Flat%20(e-Sales)Flats%20On%20Offer?OpenDocument (dono it works onot to go direct to the one i said...

klping

Hi Fish, really thanks for being so helpful! I am thrilled to see that we have an appointment date and time based on the information you provided. I really hope we can get our ideal unit at Commonwealth.

luvz17

Welcome back PP =) So you are back with luggage full of faceshop stuff???
Yes, how do you know Shermaine is expecting?? Congrats to Shermaine!! wow...so excited for her..

Had my first appoinment last wed. estimated 2nd appoinment will be within 1st 2 weeks of Jun. Was out to see furniture yesterday and will be going to sungei kadut to see more tmr..Excited to plan the room layout..but actually i have not even confirmed my reno id..hahha...

went for gown selection last week, really pleased with the choice. cant wait for the day to wear them again...so now waiting for GSS to come and will have to start shopping already..

dkaren

Hi All,

I am back again.

Klping, I just get to know my selection day.
It's on the 27th May , Tuesday at 12pm.
All sistas, Please pray for me that I will get the best unit despite of holding the big queue no.

Happiness,
I have not done anything to my preparation.
Maybe my ROM &amp; Church wedding, i just couldn't bother to do anything for my customary wedding.

benbenfish

Hi Karen,

U can follow the steps i guide Klping to monitor the good units whether already taken onot...

"go HDB main website, at the top there, u see three pics, then click tt 'Home seekers - buying a new HDB', then click 'check flat on offer', after tt click 'For Shortlisted Applicants', from there, u can check which unit has been selected and which one has not."

I paste the steps i sent to klping....

happinessbliss

Karen < I oso have not done anything... just last week go bought some stuff for my Guo Da Li... have yet to complete the whole set. Bought some stuff for my dowry but the rest will wait for GSS then buy... I will pray that u get the best unit...
happy.gif

klping

Hi Karen

My appointment date is a day earlier than you. REally hope we can get a unit. Looking at the prices, it's really expensive. There are only 30 units of 5 room avaiable for Chinese at C'wealth and my queue no is 169. Unless those applicants in front decided not to get them, I would not get one.

I pray that you get your ideal unit too.

littlepanda81

Hi Klping,yup, faceshop in korea really cheap but some products cannot be found there. Funny.
happy.gif
Ya, I been there a lot of times because the co-ordinators has changed 3 times! Turnover quite high.haha. I am sure your photo looks nice under the hands of skyy.
happy.gif
What colour is your EG?

Hi Fish and Luv, I saw at Shermaine multiply.. hence i know she is expecting.hehe..so happy for her.
happy.gif

Count down for Karen..another month plus.. time flies. hee.happy preparation. For the rest of the gals, my experience is do what u can bit by bit so that u wont be so stress out..
happy.gif
and get advice from experience galfriends..hehe..

Excited to look forward all your pre wedding, actual days photos..must post ya.
happy.gif

klping

EG was rather difficult to choose from as there are no many choices. I chose a mermaid style EG where the top is a halter neck beaded cheongsum design and bottom is 'keng keng' frills. I liked the top part a lot but not the bottom but probably there's the best I could find.

I could hardly start doing any preparation due to my hectic work schedule. Can only probably start prepapring in July/August. Think still in time for early Dec, right? =)

benbenfish

Hi PP,

wat is Shermaine's multiply add? wana congrat her wor...but seems she no more come here le... i go through our previous post, she didnt show her multiply wor....

littlepanda81

Hi Klping, ya, I agreed. The choices are limited. Everytime different and I think most of the time, good ones are rented out. So really depends on your luck. It took me some time to decide my Black gold EG. Actually last time, I did ask my co-ordinator whether there is any reference album to show.. but she keep saying not updated... I felt in service line, they should have gowns portfolio to show us what they have.. rather than us trying our luck each time to find nice gowns. at least some choices.
happy.gif

BTW, Are you in my multiply?

Hi FIsh, her multiply is sherminekoh. Ya, I think she is very busy.
happy.gif

happinessbliss

PP < but i think yr EG is stunning... I really like it alot when I saw yr pics...especially the gold "fan tail" behind...

ya, did not see Shermie coming here after her ROM already.... wonder how is she ... nobody has her msn?

dkaren

Hi Ladies,
forgotten to inform that I have selected my house in the Jan Balloting.
I got a unit in Holland drive.
so happy about it. Later i am going down to HDB hub to submit my HLE documents.

luvz17

Congrats, Karen!!
Fnally found a plc called home..
Is the place ready to move in? which level?
I am going for my 2nd appoinment this Fri

dkaren

Hi Luvz,

Not yet to move.
It will be only ready in 2012.
It's level 4 , 4 rm flat.

So you also selected a unit in the Jan Balloting?
Which area did u select and level?
I am so excited for you.

luvz17

Is it the dover one?
Great..still got time to save more $$ for better reno...hahaha...

Din get a unit fm Jan ballot. 1st of all, q no is super far.. End up buying a resale flat @ Hougang. Few stops away fm my in-laws. Key to be collected this friday.. =) excited excited..

been out to see furniture and reno id for the last few weeks..

dkaren

Luvz, it's not the Dover one.
But It's at Holland Drive.

Great to hear that you are collecting your keys.
Do share with us on the infos on the RENO ID.

benbenfish

wahahha...
more couples have their house le wor... so happy for u all too..

Wah, Karen, u very luckly lei, still can buy a 4rm flat, now market difficult to buy 1st hand 4rm le wor.. we tt time also wana buy 4rm then all are 5rm, no choice, gonna buy 5rm...it's reli quite big for two staying lei...wahaha..but maybe nx time got kids, kids can run arounf our big big living and dining room le...

Gals,
If need contractor, I can intro our contractor to u, he did for my parent house and our house also, tis contractor also on TV b4 (a channcel U program), their price quite reasonable and their finish quality is good too lor...but u all try find ur own contactors also la...our contractor is juz one of ur choice..heehee...

luvz17

yeah karen is lucky.
I tried balloting many times, and always got screwed q no. after long consideration, then we started to hunt resale flat.

Fish, who is your contractor? can consider...
i need window grill n window contacts if anyone has it...

benbenfish

Hi Luvz17,

U can contact Dennis (boss from Desprit). His contact is 91889559. Say u intro by Mr Hu / his daughter from Jurong west. He might give u good price (no worry, we not getting any commission, I juz find his service and quality is good). U can also check for their website for the show flats. Hope it might help u...

klping

Hi Karen

Remembered the last time we spoke in MSN? I have been looking at resale units in Bukit Merah area as I want to stay near my mother. Prices are really steep and after looking for a few, we decided to purchase the one at Kim Tian Road as the owner is asking for only 10k cash. However, it is a big commitment.

Will be doing the simple reno in 3 months' time after all the paper work.

Karen, this is already in the month of June. Do stay happy and energised before your wedding.

dkaren

Hi Ladies,

This is the best Queue that i ever got in all my balloting. The Queue no is 238.

My Hubby and I aimed was to get a unit in Strathmore. As the days goes by, all the units were taken up and shifted our direction to Commonwealth( Tanglin Halt) and we were so excited that our units were not taken even the day before of our selection.

Who knows? Early in the morning, it was taken.
We finally end up with Holland Drive.
Praying very hard that no one will take our unit.Excitement started again when we told the customer service of our unit choice and only after the completion of all documentations then it was a relieve for both of us.

Now,the next excitement is to know when's the next 2nd Appt.

dkaren

Hi Klping,

I am glad that you have found a unit in Kim Tian.
How old is the flat? and how big is the unit? 4 or 5 Room flat ?

It's not easy to get owner asking for just $10K.
I agreed with you , despite just $10K, it's still a very big commitment to me too.

Even my wedding, i am trusting God that He has already provided me everything that i need.