(2007/10) ROM in 2007 October

dkaren

Hi Ladies,

Anyone getting ROM in October 2007?
My ROM'll be on the 27th October 2007.

I have been looking ard at Venues.
Nos of Guest:50-100pax.

I have gone to Gallery Hotel, Amara Hotel.
Check out with SAM ( Singapore Art Museum ) but not available on my day.

please do join me for the discussion.

bethany

Hi Karen, was considering to have my ROM in Oct also, but finally decided to have it in Dec. haha.. Anyway since there's no post on Dec ROM, would you mind I join you here?

I have just signed my contract with Ritz Carlton, for a simple solemnization + buffet lunch for 50 pax at their Chihuly room. Have visited there twice and think the place is very nice. I am not going to have customary, so throw in about 5K for my wedding i think it is quite cheap compare to pple having 30-50 tables..

dkaren

Hi Beibei,
Congrats to you that u getting ROM in Dec.
Wow... you have signed with Ritz Carlton.
What is the package like ?
Care to share with me .

bethany

yuppo sure sure, it's very simple. 78+++ for minimum 50 pax buffet lunch. The menu is quite attractive. And they will provide basic decor for solemnization table, chairs with sash, six flower pedestals, 60% invitation cards and 20% carpark coupon. And I replaced their ivory chiffon draping with folded napkins (with ribbons and flowers), it think that will definitely look nicer than the drapings, haha.. Ooo, plus one night stay at their Premier Suite.

and i think their wedding planner, Joey, is a very nice person. Very flexible and allow me to change a few items without extra charges.. So far we are very happy with our decision.

how about you? confirmed your plan already?
I ever considered Four Seasons because their window east and window west rooms are quite nice. And Marriott is also a very good choice because they have different themes. But i don't want the traditional wedding dinner and I don't want anything outdoor, so eventually settled with Ritz.. I still have quite a number of packages from other hotels, but mostly for buffet lunch, so if you need just give me your email, i can send to you. =)

rilo82

I am planning to have my ROM this year too. But I am not too sure when, probably in Sep/Oct 2007.
I am not sure if I should have a customary wedding dinner or just ROM and a buffet after that, because my fiancee is a foreigner and I just started working (not financially stable but have regular income). I am not too sure about the normal practice though. Anyone can advice please? Thanks a lot!
happy.gif

bwcm07

hi Lance, best to discuess with ur parents as most parents may want the wedding dinner and the tom too, it also depands on ur buget...My photographer does ROM photography and dinners too.
I can send you his contacts as its is nicholas 96705712 email is [email protected] , as he no extra charges for PH. if u r plannig for sept/oct, better check with the other ladies as i believe ur got to do booking soon.

rilo82

Thanks Brandon, my friends told me I have to register like 3 mths before. I have chosen the end of July, so I think I can only book in end April if I am not wrong.

Carat club is having a workshop? I think I will pass. I bought my proposal ring there already. The staff there is really friendly and knowledgeable. May consider getting my wedding bands there too.
happy.gif

piggerellas

Hi karen,

I'm gonna rom on 27Oct too.. have u gotten the venue already? I've jus confirmed my reservation with GPPR which was highly recommended by others.. btw u gotta be quick cuz apparently our date is a hot date(??).. i've checked with swissotel and both their function rooms were taken already..

dkaren

Hello Esther,
Yupz, I have confirmed my venue with Gallery HOtel.
My ROM is together with Church Wedding service.

What is GPPR ?

Karen Deanne

dkaren

HI Esther again.

Okie.I did consider that as one of my venue.
So how many guest will you be inviting ?
Have you book any bridal packages ?

Karen Deanne

piggerellas

Hi Karen,

I will be having abt 100 guest.. headache now cuz the section can only sit up to 90 guests.. didnt wanna separate them.. so we are trying to work something out.. how abt urself? how many guest u inviting?

i've signed up with french bridal. love their full-lace gowns tt i saw in the albums. hopefully the real ting is as good.. abit scared now thou.. heehee

dkaren

HI Esther,

My guest are about 100-110.
I have signed up with Whitelink.
and i have come up with a mixtures of Vera Wang design for my ROM dress.

ivy_sammc

Hi Karen,

I'm new here. I'm also getting ROM on 27 Oct 2007. So far only went to Hotel Rendezvous, doesn't like the function room, find it boring! But their lounge not bad. Going to visit Furama Riverfront and Swissotel MC next week. Anyone has any comments?

dkaren

HI Carrine,

I have not gone to try the gown yet.
Will share with u gals the photos of the gown.

Hi Ivy ...
Congrats to you.. it's seems that 27th Oct is a very hot day. How many guest will you be inviting ?

piggerellas

Hi Ivy,

Congratulations~!! Yah i do agree with karen that 27 Oct seems to ve a very hot date.. there are 3 of us already in tis thread.. wonder how many more out there? heehee

ivy_sammc

Hi Karen,

Most likely we will invite about 30 guests, just a small and simple ROM will do cos my FH and I want to save more $$ for our wedding dinner. So I'm looking around for hotels for my AD too..

dkaren

HI Ivy & Esther Again...

To Ivy : If u got budget constraint, i suggest u can do it at Home.... U can dress up your house nicely... provided your house is spacious to do so.

I would have done so if i do not have church service for my ROM.

Just yesterday, i went to source for matrimonial candle and candle-holder for my church wedding.

I will show u gals once i complete the design.

Looking for Plastic Orchid to make into wrist corsage for my bridesmaids as my term flowers for my wedding will be orchid.

piggerellas

Hi Karen...

will be waiting patiently to see the design *wink*

Hi Ivy..
A word of caution if u going to Merchant Court.. apparently there are alot of bad reviews on them.. jus today my sis went to discuss abt her AD and their service really really fail big time.. so she condemn MC already though the view is good..

ivy_sammc

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your suggestion. Like the idea to do it at home but I'm too lazy to dress up my house..ha ha. Anyway, look forward to see your wrist corsage design.

Hi Esther,

Thanks for your advice. Will keep that in mind when meeting them tomorrow.

By the way, have you all look for the auspicious dates in 2008? That day my FH and I came across an online Tong Shu. I asked my FH to show his dad as his dad knows how to pick the date. According to his dad, next year not much auspicious dates. So, better choose the date fast.

dkaren

Ivy & Esther...

Do you have the website or the excel wordsheet type of the cHinese Auspicious Wedding dates for 2008 ?

Actually i did come across one.. but i just cant remember nor find it .

Care to share with me ... though I'm not particular about it , but rather it's meant for my future parents-in-laws

Thanks.

piggerellas

Hi ladies,

have u both chosen yr rom gown already? me going to french bridal on 23Jul to choose. hopefully there are nice designs else i tink i will get my own but tt would mean additional cost..

Hi Ivy,

My sis met up with Royston. Apparently he's new and there is a Prisicilla who is highly condemned in other threads too. Hopefully your coordinator is not any of them. do keep me posted k =)

jklyn

Hi there,
Ya agree that 27 Oct'07 is a hot date.. i'm also one of them..
my rom venue will be at space @ my humble house, any reviews on that so far?

dkaren

Hi jklyn,

I have came across a colleague's gfren's ROM at Space@my humble house...Her ROM was the very first at Space.

It is small and cozy place to have ROM.
It's great choice .provided you have guest not more than 50 ( i think ..)

dkaren

Esther & Ivy...

I have fixed my AD on the 28th June 2008 with Grand Shanghai.

I will also try to fix my gown design & cheongsum design when i'm trying on my ROM dress on this 23rd June.

I'm still looking around for the artificial silk Cymbidium Orchid for the wrist corsage.
Anyone have any idea where i can get large varieties of those flowers ?

jklyn

hi dkaren,

Yup, i have around 30 guests for my ROM..
any idea hw is the food there.. kinda of worry though cuz there isnt any much reviews.. hehe

ivy_sammc

Hi Ladies,

I have fixed my ROM venue @ Furama Waterfront. Very satisfied with the package, only negative point is location not that ideal but still acceptable as we only have family members and some close friends on that day so easy to manage.

hi jklyn,
Read about reviews on Humble House in some magazines... think is quite good and the decor is nice... good choice

dkaren

well Done Ivy ! it will be greaT ROM for you over at Furama WaterfronT.

YuP, Jklyn ! I agreed with Ivy.

It is a greaT place (small and Cosy) to hold your ROM at the space@my humble house.My Colleague's gfren was the very first to hold it there and i have seen the pictures of her ROM that makes it wanna hold it previously but due to my huge guest list that I got to forgo.

Btw, let me show you Gals , my gift magnet design on my ROM day.

494047.jpg

jklyn

Hi Ivy Sam & dkaren,
Thanks for the assurance, you gals definitely makes me feel better and secure on the food there.. heee

dkaren,
your rom gift is so nice.. im still tinkg whether to give door gift as there is some budget constraints.. hmmm

dkaren

Jklyn,
It depend what sort of door gift you are looking for ?
I got the Magnet from T-dragon.Because Gallery Hotel 's wedding card was to be collected over there.
what is your budget? Btw dun worry so much actually Space @ my humble house will provide you with all the collections of door gift.Go and check it out with them first.

pannie

Hi Gals.

Congratulaton to all of you. I am getting ROM on the 6th of Oct this year. Holding at Changi Village Hotel. Currently still in the midst of preparation.

Thinking of DIY my own solemnisation invitation but not too sure on how to go about doing it. Hoping you gals could help me out and give me some ideas.

Thanks.

dkaren

Hi Ann,

how many invitation cards do you need to make ?
The other day, My fren brought to a shop at Plaza Sing which is sort of a scrap book shop.
From there , you can get some idea from there.

pannie

Hi dkaren.

Thanks for your suggestion. Will go Plaza Sing to take a look.

Actually I only need 20 invitation at most. Since qty is little, that's y I decided to DIY. But mind go blank when it comes to designing. Hehe!!

ivy_sammc

Hi Ann,

I'm also thinking of DIY my solemisation cards. Heard that there are some artwork shops at bras brasah.. maybe will go down and take a look.

ivy_sammc

Hi dkaren,

Being busy at work lately but still surviving well.

I did nothing much for preparation lately as most of the things have been done.(like venue, solemiser, ROM package and photographer). Now only left with: solemisation cards, feather pens and decor for solemisation ceremony. Think Aug need to go down my BS to select ROM gown.. so another 8 more weeks to lose weight!!!

So, how's your preparation so far?

dolphinger

Dear All,

I will be getting ROM with my bf who is a malaysian tis 9 Oct. I'm still troubling whether do i need to get a ROM package from the bridal shop or just do a very simple ROM. Anyone can advise me??

dkaren

HI Ivy,

My preparation are more or less done too. Except for the hotel decor... i need to meet up with the florist and the banquet manager coming Saturday.

Shermie,
are u going to hold your customary wedding in Singapore or Malaysia ? when will it be ?

Do u have any budget on the ROM ?

dolphinger

Hi Dkaren,

I dun think we will be having the customary so soon. Maybe next 2 yr or so ba.

As for ROM wise, sure have a budget coz me & my bf is nt tat rich.keke.. Any suggestion? Btw, i also saw many posts saying that Bridal Elegance is very good, is tat true??

dkaren

Shermie,

are u just looking ROM attires or both ROM and wedding Gowns packages ?

since your customary wedding is not so soon.
(if just ROM attires)
Get ur ROM dresses off the shelves ... like from Lavendar or Daniel Yam (u get to keep them & wear it again for wedding dinner or D&D ,use it for Actual Day as a tea dress etc)

I rather you take your time in choosing your Bridal Shop (BS) unless u can find a BS that can cater to most of your needs & wants.(if for both , ROM & wedding Gowns)

Regarding about Bridal Elegance, i cant give you any comments cos i do not know.

You need to know what sort of ROM dress and Gowns do u like ... like French Lace,Embroidery...etc,as some BS might be specialized in making different type of Gowns or they dun.

U can check it out via the website and see what sort of gowns u like and ROM dress.

List down the BS & make a appt with them to see their ROM dresses and GOWNs.

dolphinger

Dkaren,

Well i looking for the ROM attires only.

I also got give it a thought to get dresses off the shelves.But hw abt my make-up,hairstyle etc?? Will it going to cost me even more if i dun get BS ROM Package? Coz my frenz gt give me some suggestion tat i go BS whereby it will be much more cheaper & somemore it a 1 stop.

I prefer those very simple design dress like : Empire.I saw their web & they do cater ROM Package.I quite like their package but they do not provide photographer.

Yup maybe i will start shortlisting some BS shop & make appt with them to view their dress. Hope that i can find 1 whereby their price is reasonable enough & can cater to my needs.

Anyway, truly thanx a lot for your help, dkaren!

Btw, where did you held your ROM & did you get the AD & ROM Package or indiviual?

dkaren

HI Shermie,

My ROM will be held at Gallery hotel on 27th October 2007.I got a wedding package from WhiteLink that throw in ROM dresses(MTM)for me.
ROM make-up, i will be using the trial make-up for my ROM day. They do throw in the flower bouquet for me too.

For ROM dresses only
the most frequently recommended are empire, allure charix, jess haute couture, daniel yan.. etc..

Try looking at JHC, it seems that they have alot of good comments from the gals.

www.jesscouture.com.sg

Address :806 North Bridge Road,Singapore 169357
Contact no :63345218
All consultations are strictly by appointment only
Business hour:12pm to 9pm (Monday to Sunday)
by appointment.

http://www.jesscouture.com.sg/promotion.asp

ROM PROMOTION PACKAGE (A) $398 & (B) $688
(from 15th June to 15th Aug 2007 all ROM packages will come with one FREE SET OF HEAD PC)

(A) $398: one mtm ROM dress keep ,make up and hair do at shop, one hand bouquet

(B) $688: one mtm ROM dress keep ,make up and hair do at shop, one hand bouquet,
ROM photography 80pcs 4R with one album, all high resolution images returned in
CDR, unlimited shots, about 2 hours, one 5R table top (imported frame).

NEED MORE INFORMATIONS, PLEASE CALL 63345218.

klping

Hi everyone

Congrats to all who are going to tie the knot with your loved ones! I am getting ROM in October too! The date is 3/10/07. I just went to Mariott tonight and I was captivated by the ambience at the poolside. The package is about $100 per person (inclusive of all the charges). We have about 30 guests. Think it is rather ex though I like it very much.

Hi Esther
How's the package like in GPPR? It's such a headache to look for a suitable venue yet not overbudgeting. And there's so many things to plan and do. Can't imagine when I have to plan for my AD wedding.