(2006) Brides of year 2006

jklim4642

waiwai.. ya! we are all aquarius... ur HB is in the midst of getting u a present too! do share with us what he gets u okie
happy.gif

brightstar, thanks for the advance well wishes.

baby jo, i hv been to both korea & japan.. seoul & tokyo to be specific. i was in seoul during autumn & tokyo during winter for HM. i find seoul boring and its 2 theme parks, lotte world & everland are more for kids.... maybe b'cos i hv already been disneyworld & euro disney before that.. shopping in seoul is now relatively more ex compared to >5 yrs ago when i was there.. food in seoul is boring too.. after a few days, i was basically sick of it. but no such things happened in tokyo.. we ate 5 meals a day incl breakfast! anyhow, my conclusion is, seoul is boring. those who hv been to japan & korea will tell u, japan is still the best & most interesting.

ooshie

wah.... congrats!! iam way behind.
haha i want ... but my lao gong want to tian mi mi for a yr first. unless i can trick him into it.

brightstar

to diamond - u r welcome!!!

to bleuberry-japan expensive ne!!! :p

i agree with diamond - go seoul first then japan...not the other way round..japan is fanastic..shopping paradise..latest fashion..singapore's fashion is behind them a few years..in cloths and techies

hanabiwaiwai

diamond... he bought me the present already haha... a nike jacket tat i like very much...

baby jo... i also prefer japan as compared to south korea... the only thing i enjoyed in korea was skiing...

sinkor

haha.... then u tiam mimi first lah! :p
for me as i not that young anymore.... so better strike first! :p
And JIAYOU to you! :D

jklim4642

brightstar, no problem. anyhow, more of less know wat i will get... HB knows wat he can get & i will like.. it will nv be wrong!
happy.gif

blurberry

Morning to all...

Brightstar ~ Japan better so much than Korea? I also wish can go Japan lor...hehehe...

Diamond~ Happy birthday to you ya!

WaiWai~ Happy birthday to you
happy.gif

cecilialim

that one yahoo email leh... if you send to my office email i very fast one... yahoo got to use another computer to log in very lay chey

prettibride

diamond & waiwai ~ happy birthday to u!! hope u gals stay pretty n cheerful always.

anyone here got plans for v'day already? roses going at ridiculous prices now..saw an ad, 9 roses for S$75!! I hope hubby dun do anyting stupid n buy me roses on that day...although some part of me still wish can receive flowers from him..kekee...girls r complicated creatures huh. anyway, share wif me your plans k! for me, i m tinking of cooking a candlite dinner for hubby...but not sure if i hv enough energy n time to do that after work.

any of u watched the Home Decor Survivor last monday? Bryan went to this furniture shop at lavender street, they have this white plastic recliner chair...so sleek n nice..wonder how much it'll cost. anyone here has pics of lovenest to share?

jklim4642

thanks baby, 318 & tingting for your well wishesss... this sat is my birthday then next wed is v-day... so going to get a nice present for sure this sat & wed!
happy.gif

tingting, my HB knows i expect a bouquet of flowers on v-day, we will go out & hv a good meal also.. i still hv last yr's bouquet.. so is not a waste, i wun throw away.. i will turn them into dried flowers & keep at least a yr.. so though they are ex on v-day, is still worth la..

jklim4642

tingting, plastic recliner chair will not blend into my furniture theme.. i like woody, balinese theme in warm lighting.. to give a more cosy feel.. even my curtains fit into the theme.
happy.gif

blurberry

Hi TingTing~I think I will pack the dinner eat at home with my hubby on V'day...the next week we get ready to out honeymoon..don't think the day before can go home early...wooooo...

Hi Ladies~what you present to your hubby on v'day? I still haven't buy anything yet...

kurera

Dun feel like working man..sian...

Very very tired also...but once I think about my korean food... I wake up leow! Going to have it tonight!

Yummy!

iceglacier

yah lor.. everyday i work till 9 plus since the beginning of the year.. so tired..

Cat you very on hor.. already late no time for extra activities leh...

karing

Hi all brides,

I m bride-to-be on 24 March 07 but abit headache as still don't know how much angbao money to give sisters and brothers as we are on tight budget and my mother will be giving them $18ea and sister-in law will be giving $8ea so how much should give??

karing

Hi all brides,

I m bride-to-be on 24 March 07 but abit headache as still don't know how much angbao money to give sisters and brothers as we are on tight budget and my mother will be giving them $18ea and sister-in law will be giving $8ea so how much you all give??

smurfying

Grrr...who is tis Karing ar? How come post on Oct thread?? Anywayz, to answer ur question, u give based on ur own comfortable budget. We gave the sistas abt $60+ each, and bros fr $88-$188 each.

CAT, where is tis korean food?? really so nice ar? issit BBQ kind??

prettibride

i will be going to a spa resort at bintan this weekend wif hubby to celebrate his bday and vday in advance..cos his bday is on vday. most probably will be treating him to dinner there and i've planned a surprise cake for him there. i also bought him a set of xbox n a handphone for the actual day..dunno wat he is getting me yet, seems like no action from him.

karing, congrats to u in advance, but i dun understand how come your sister in law need to give ang pow to brothers n sisters? usually its the parents of both side that give and also the couple. depending on how much you wanna show your appreciation to them, standard is about S$38. Of cos for sisters, they can split the open door ang pow among themselves. hope this helps. funnie..isn't there a forum for Mar 07 brides? if nop, u're welcome to ask ur questions here.

kurera

er...I also want to know who is karing ah..kek kek kek,,think she march 07 bride la..she also asked Dec 06 thread the same question.

To answer your question, sister in law usually dun give leh..but it's individual la.

Usually hubby's mother and your mother give.(amount depends on them) Than end of the day you give ang bao to them....than dun forget they also have gate crashing money..so total they receive about 4 times...

See how much you can give lo.

tansy..yup..authentic korean food...visited by many koreans! It's at peak seah streeet called Cho Won Restaurant. They have private rooms tatami stayle to cater to bigger groups...

They served you appetizer like you see in da cha jin...maybe about 6-8 small dishes of appetizer first than you order your main dish..kek kek kek...the appetizer include their hot hot kim chi!

Their Kim chi soup BEST!

I hungry leow.

smurfying

Keke...hiaya u keep singing praises like if i dun try it's like such a waste lidat mah... i can't remember if i've been to spagaddies. Moonfish similar rite? i do miss moonfish lobster n chicken tho...

karing

Thanks gal!

My hubby is from Shanghai China and his ma had passed away so his sister is flying over so thinking a small token to my jiemeis and xiongdis
from her and we couple will give too.

blurberry

Ting~wow, not bad ya...I still dont know what to get for my hubby leh...Maybe my hubby totally forgot to celebrate v'day..he only talk to me about our HM trip, never mention on v'day wan...sigh!