(2006) Brides of year 2006

stevy

Hihi,

Wow, this thread is still alive and kicking!!!
How are you! This year must give Ang Bao liao
sad.gif

I heard that once you are married, you need to give Ang Bao to parents. Yes?

How is Wendy? Long time never hear from her. I am sure she is busy taking care of her child.

Just to share something with you all. My parents and relatives keep on asking my wife about her tummy. She is practically stressed out by them. But they will not post this qns to me. Cos they knew I will bo chup them. Anyone encounter this b4?

Anyway, I told her to inform them I am the one who do not wan to have baby so early. So that they will not keep bothering her... Hmmmmmmm. Tried that and it works. Haha.

Did you gals watch the documentary on Babies every Monday? One couple actually spend lots of money on vaccinating the mother. After these injections, they will have to wait for 6 months before trying for one...

Actually I find babies a huge committment. No more personal time after a baby.

september

hi steve, u muz drop in more often lah...

o...tat kind of question huh...actually nt much people ask me lah....but my auntie tease me only but actually, we are prepared to hv a little piglet (trying to lah huh) so no issue for us....in fact when my mum tell my aunties tat i put on weight after my honeymoon (my hubby also), i reply tat no i am pregnant nt put on weight....and everyone hv a good laugh....

blurberry

TingTing~this weekend will look for the winter jacket...now my camera got a bit problem, was thinking borrow from other..worry the camera spoil too..

Brightstar~I plan go to disneyland with kids next time..hahaha!

hello..
long time no post liao.. looks like some of us planning for babies. Hee... me too... hope to get a piggy!

Even b4 i had my customary, my MIL says she'll look after our babies le... ai yo.. stressed!!

Pocket big hole .. hv to give lotsa Ang baos coz my hub side got lotsa relatives with kids!!!

stevy

My relatives keep asking if my wife is getting fatter, and keep looking at her tummy... Very bo liao.

Hi huey, at least you have someone to look after your babies. My colleagues have to look for a childcare centre. Its not cheap.

prettibride

318, if u can, go over there then buy..cos design will b nicer n cheaper. in sg buy something cheap will do. For camera, dun bring any using AAA batteries, in cold weather, batteries run out very fast and its quite ex to buy AAA batteries in USA or Europe.

I intend to sell away mine n hubby's winter coat if anyone here is keen. Mine is 3/4 light purple color and hubby one is half body jacket white color. Both comes with hood. Willing to sell both at cheap price of $100 if anyone needs a makedo winter coat. Bought it from WinterTime. Able to tahan temp up to -10 degree (with other layers of cos). Original price is S$139 + S$129 for both. I will post pics if anyone is keen.

Like to ask, anyone here can recommend not too ex. and nice handmade CNY goodies?

cecilialim

hmm.. these pple hor... nothing better to do.. they so interested why dun go and get pregnant themselves.... this time they sure ask me when hold wedding banquet... i think i will tell them once i get pregnant

blurberry

Ting~Brightstar also advised that..maybe I borrow from my sister in law and go there look for new one...good idea hor? I have to borrow camera incase my camera spoil it..I will cry and cry if with 0 pic come back...

I also looking for nice handmade CNY pineapples tart, anyone can recommend?

brightstar

to blueberry - yeah..then we can all share disneyland photos... :p

for tingting - for battries, buy "Lithium batteries"..can last longer in winter countries...

for wintercoats, im sure cold countries sell cheaper n better...at least that is what i saw in seoul

jklim4642

318, pls bring 2 camera. just in case 1 spoil. if not, u wld hv to get a new one when holidaying. this was what happened to our canon digital camera in dec 05 when we went hanoi & halong bay... for no reason, the screen spoil - flicker.. so we got to get new camera there

during our HM to Tokyo, we also brought along 2 camera.. just in case.

ting, brightstar, 318, in cold countries, the camera should not be left exposed for too long. it shld also be kept under wrapped (eg under your thick winter coat).. it is only take out when taking photo. i nv really encounter any problem with batteries or camera when in winter countries. the only concern is that the battery run flat faster.. h/w, if u hv 2 camera, then there is no worry.. 1 flat, got another spare camera. if not, you have to bring along fully charged spare batteries at all times... & remmeber to charge the camera every night.. even if the battery strength is still good

sinkor

wow!!! happen to pop by and surprise to see Tam and phy here! haha....
Tam and phy, how u 2 getting on??? how come didnt see u 2 "hun" in multiply huh???
oh ya phy, Congratulation! :p

iceglacier

Happy Belated Birthday to u
Happy Belated Birthday to u
Happy Belated Birthday to CAT
Happy Belated Birthday to u!

Dunno leh.. how come friendster never remind us of your bday.. tsk..

september

haha...then it muz be i dun noe wen is ur bday lah....

i saw elsie thru friendster alert lor...ur friendster got put bo...

hmmm.....jealous mother cat....

Happy birthday to u .. elsie
Happy belated birthday to u .. Cat

Hi steve..
its good in a certain way but somehow i feel stress leh.. like asking me & hub faster have babies lor.

baby_jo

My wedding just over in end dec'06.
Wanted to go for honeymoon but really broke.

Shortlist US, Japan & Korea.
Find US and Japan package too expensive.
Thinking of going Korea. Is Korea fun? Join which tour agency is good?

prettibride

hi baby ji, welcome. brightstar wld b the best person to share info with u on korea cos he jus came back from there. i tink even korea u need to budget ard 1 - 2k per pax rite, brightstar?

japan definitely is an expensive place considering their high standard of living...US, too boring IMO unless u have friends/ relatives staying there to visit.

danlian

Hullo everyone

Thanks for the birthday song ya Diana
happy.gif
haa...1 year older now...opps...
I also didn know Friendster got alert on birthday alarm...hee

baby_jo

hi Tingt|nG,

thanks for your reply.
Japan is really expensive. Package which consist of Disneyland + Universal Studio cost S$2.5K per pax.
wanted to go US is bcoz of the Disneyland. My childhood dream to go disneyland.

hi brightstar,

can you kindly share with me your experience to Korea? Thanks in advance!

brightstar

to diamond - but sometimes hor...very ahrd to keep inside coat le..cos so many beautiful pictures to take and keep snapping away...haha

to tingting - hehe..i will do my best to intro la...heeh

to baby_jo - what sort of experience u r looking for?

as for me, i had a 8 days tour and 4 days free and easy....language wise is a big problem cos they hardly speak english....food wise---kimchi kimchi kimchi...till im so sick of the food and i cant take it...11 th day got stomach flu and fever and diarrhoea....but it is fun...travle by subway is easy...got english words....u can go to http://tour2korea.com/ and ask them to mail u a map and guidebook to korea...and it is FREE!!! very useful for us le

brightstar

i need help on info on outdoor photoshoot venue?

i got an email from a bride who has been reading my blog and she needs my help to suggest to her outdoor photoshoots....

hehe..could u share with me where you have taken ur ooutdoor shoots?

for me, i took it at changi beach and NTU.
one of my friends took in the middle of Orchard road....

what abt the rest of u? pls help cos i think she is taking her photoshoot soon..."hmmm..since when i become weding consultant...haha

hanabiwaiwai

energizer lithium batteries for camera can last quite some time in cold weather... $9+ for two batteries..

hi baby jo... if go south korea better join agency unless u know korean... last time me and hubby joined chan brothers... quite good...

hi brightstar... for my PS we went to punggol lallang field, sentosa (sentosa cove, tanjong beach, orchid garden, asian village) and fullerton...

ooshie

hello.....
yeah miss hanging around here.
kinda thinking of having baby ... no plans but no prevention either. haha
how about you sinkor?? we are way behind the other gals.

sandsand

brightstar.. for our local PS we went to SAM, Botanical Gardens and Furama Riverfront (we were having our wedding there, so we asked for permission to have a PS there)

jklim4642

tingting, do u like nature & scenic views? i do.. thus i do not think US is boring, esp on the west coast...the national parks are awesome.. grand canyon, yosmite park, corolado, etc. of course, europe is very nice too.. but is a different kind of beauty.. its yrs of history is itself beautiful...

i am lazy.. did not go to many places for outdoor PS. i just went to punggol lallang field & punggol seaside for photo taking...

my birthday coming!! next wkend.. cant wait to see the present HB is getting me.. hehehe
but it also means am 1 yr older!! hope next yr this time, there wld be an additional member in the family.... *dream*
happy.gif

baby_jo

hi brightstar,

Was korea fun or boring? Many things to shop or buy? Any theme park? Any recommended place of must go?

hi waiwai,

i m thinking of going seoul and jeju island.

brightstar

to diamond - advance birthday greeting from me!!! hapy birthday!!!

to baby jo: korea was fun, i went two times..one in winter and the other in summer...there r two major theme parks...lotte world (indoor and outdoor) and everland (owned by Samsung)...many things to do...a shopping paradise for ladies...check out my post on the gifts we bought back..or actually, more accurately my wife bought

prettibride

baby jo, disneyland go hongkong also have ma...can shop till u drop somemore. but dun go now..now all winter clothes i tink.

diamond, hehe..i do like nature but too much of it can become boring for me. all the best to ur new family member ya...jia you!

brightstar, i saw some people go pulau ubin for outdoor shoot then fotographer bring them to a kelong somemore...quite nice la..but will be quite shiong i tink..imagine wear gown take that bumpboat.

i m tinking of going hongkong this year end...any idea if its cold ard Oct or Nov period? Cos i tink i had enough of cold weather for this year...

ahbeng

Hi Asura79 (asura), I understand that you had engeged Kevin from Yapiesproduction.

I just want to find out from you about your experience with him. Will you recommended his service?

You may drop me a email at [email protected]

Your feedback will be strongly appreciated.

Thanks.

baby_jo

hi Tingt|nG,

HK disneyland is out for me lah.
1st of all, been to HK a few times. 2nd, 5 out of 5 friends who had been to HK disneyland advises us not to go. Said not fun. Waste of $$$.

hi 318bi,

wanted to go US too. but due to budget constraint, gona give it a miss. = (

brightstar

to tingting, thanks alot...
happy.gif

to baby jo: im thinking of popping by Hong Kong too this year...but dont know when?

talking abt budget, Korea is a cheaper alternative to Japan