(2006) Brides of year 2006

castaliachiam

Hi angeldust, we are thinking along this line too! The Bf says either UK or Japan, can take it as pre-honeymoon.
happy.gif

Yes, absolutely agreed! The two mommies have to be pretty babes too. Kekekee. Pandalic, thanks for that pcs of advice. will remember!

ribbons, can check out Valentino for their evening dresses. certainly stunning! I also like blum, Marc Jacobs, Karen Millens for work.

angeldust

castalia - UK or Japan.. *drools*.. me constraint by budget.. if i can.. do away with dinner and take the money for overseas PS i will certainly do it man.. HA HA HA HA HA hope u have a wonderful pre honeymoon shoot!!!

phy_o

Hey Ausra,

Me now got cough. Cannot sleep well everyday. Somemore now got soccer, very noisy. In the middle of the night I can hear them shout "Goal" .... then I wake up. Alamaks!

I also got a lot to pack. So stress. Only can destress in front of the PC la.

chillipadi25

panda - ermm wonder how much MTM dress cost leh.....arab street is near the mosque at bugis area?? hmmm...may consider MTM since more unique and confirm no other guests will wear same with her..

ribbons - i also think so not taboo..cos if taboo then for example, i fall in love with friend's sibling, that means my that friend cannot come over to be my jie mei too right....aiyah too complicated...go back ask elders but i think they may not know too...kekeke

babygera

Phy, i same like u alot of things to pack...now pack until i dunno wanna bring what to my HB house cos we'll be staying with his parents after our AD :/ i can only think of clothes leh.....

lilic

<font color="0077aa">jingles, my MIL's day dress (thai silk (3ply) , kneel length with minimal embriodery) is abt 200 bucks.. usually the evening gown will cost more.</font>

phy_o

Hi Geraldine,

I brought clothes, books, toys over. But that's my new house la. Not staying with in-laws. FH doesn't want me to bring too many old things over. Say is new house, must not have too many old stuff ... Threw away a lot of things.

By the way, I posted my flower basket and my album layout on my multiply site!

This is my layout site:
http://fensmile.multiply.com/photos/album/31

babygera

phy, at least u can bring ure toys over...i gotta dump my toys at my hse liaoz even HB toys also at my hse cos our room is too small to have too many things
sad.gif
my poor toys haiii~
eh i can only see ure album layout cant seems to find the flower basket wor....which category issit in???

twinkle2610

hi gals... I'm oso currently scouting for my mum n MIL's dress...any gd suggestions for a budget of abt $200? $200 can tailor simple dress ma?

Hi pandalic, ur MIL's day dress from where? do u have a pic to show? thx

angeldust

diamond - I think panda meant Arab street is for materials only. *wink*

Kai - think there is a Tailor called Kim or something that can do a mum's dress around that pricing. For panda's MIL's dress, the 200 she mentioned is only workmanship costs if I am not wrong. the thai silk (3 ply) she got it on her own.

Panda - dun mind me answering for u ya? ke ke ke ke ke :p btw.. my flur has not gotten better.. now sniffling with box of kleenex next to me.. HA HA HA HA HA...

vaax

Hi,

Wah am super tired. Went to shop for my 4 dian jin and wedding invites. Exhausted! I saw one set that I really like from Sookee, think I might just get it this week, too tiring to go search on another day.
Ok, today I went to T-dragons and Tecman for wedding invites. I would say don't even bother going to Tecman, the selections so old-fashion. You babes mostly got it from ur hotels rite? I'm not having a dinner banquet, so must find myself. Roughly 3 months enough already right? I'm going Bangkok in August, my friends tell me buy from there and bring back to print cheaper. Any advice??

angeldust

hi vanessa,

me just came back from BKK last mth. din scout for cards but saw this stationary shop at MBK. I bought 2-3 packs of this huge "XI" Ang pows back.. ha ha ha ha ha.. dunno what to do with it just KIV for wedding.. told hubby can use it for gatecrash ang pow.. cos they are big.. ha ha ha ha... think i saw some nice cute cards. not sure what u are looking for.... but u can try at that shop. hope this helps.

lilic

<font color="0077aa">hey angel, thanks.. of coz i dun mind.. =)

my FMIL's day dress is S$200 inclusive of fabric liao.. but you are right, i got the fabric on my own.. please take care.. pop a pill and go sleep.. thats the best cure!

diamond, there are tailors at arab st too.. but i din check them out.. =p

kai, my FMIL dress is WIP.. no pics.. S$200 can get a decent day dress i think.. if you want evening wear, may be pricier.. the costs really depends on worksmanship, whether is the dress lined, type of fabric and embellishments..

the tailor kim who angel suggested seems to be quite popular among some ex-brides.. they said she is good and affordable.. but a close fren din like her worksmanship so i din check her out.. you may want to scroll down the link for some pics of kim's works
http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/36737/110631.html?1150191082

vanessa, thanks for the updates... will skip techman.. how's t-dragon? fullerton uses t-dragon.. did you see any simple and clean-cut cards? i am designing my own church invites and program instead of buying otr.. =) if you have the budget, try card blanche or their competitors.. get them to design/personalise your invites for you.. =)

i think MBK and siam discovery centre sells blank invites.. you can check that out.. if you really wanna save $$$, print there also.. but make sure you proof read before confirming..

ladies, just asking.. if any of you got contacts for rental properties? if so, let me know.. thanks</font>

vaax

Thanks for the info on BBK.

Hey pand,
Would u mind showing me the design of your church invite? T-dragon was A LOT better and they have a huge range. Simple and even unique ones. I would prob make an appt with card blanche but think we don't intend to spent more than $2 per invite.
As for rental properties, you want to rent or u looking for ppl who want to rent?

jklim4642

vanessa, u may also want to consider buying your wedding flavours from BKK... i saw some nice ones from friends who got it from there - chatuchak. eg, a pair of hugging couple pepper &amp; salt shaker.. h/w u got to go through the troubles of transporting them back to spore

pand, saw the pictures in your link on kim's works. i dont like also. well... nothing unusual or special abt it.. not worth spending a few hundreds.

lilic

<font color="0077aa">vanessa, designs WIP.. i dun have them in soft copy.. but i thinking of a monogram design with our initials.. card blanche may meet your budget depending on your quantity.. i went there and i think their cards are really gorgeous.. but my quantity too small coz my church only 100 pax max and family dun need the invites lor.. =(

another place you can try is the shop in delfi orchard.. 2 shops away from raffles tailor..

i want to rent.. coz think my lovenest may not be ready by dec.. so we thinking of leasing a place for prob a year or so.. </font>

stefylim

hi panda...u know if BKK got any good shoe shop tt sells shoes for WG &amp; EG? will be flying there to work next week...was thinking of checking the place out havent been to BKK in 3yrs...might also get wedding favours from there...still thinking abt it...

wat else can we get from there for wedding use??

lilic

<font color="0077aa">stefy, you can check out the departmental store in siam paragon.. they have a bridal shoe counter.. i cannot remember the name of the brand liao.. but its pretty affordable..

you can mtm your fiance's suits in bkk.. S$150 should get your decent suits in good fabric.. =)</font>

storm8345

hi!! dun feel sad. you will definitely have nice nice pictures to show us... anyway wedding is jux the beginning of a marriage. wats impt is the both of you will live happily ever after. ^_^ cheer up... there is still your wedding banquet which will make up for the ps... ^_^

where is the red dot museum? very suah ku... heehee...

nitestar

Hi all,

Haven't come in for such a long time! glad to know that everyone is having great time in their wedding preps.

Silentelf,
dun despair, the most important thing was that you enjoyed yrself during the shoot, and that the photos turn out nice! maybe it was for the better?

I'm going for my photoshoot in a month's time too.. hopin to get some ideas of where to go...
happy.gif

lilic

<font color="0077aa">stefy, before i forget, i think the shoe brand is rainbow club.. i found the link http://www.rainbowclub.co.uk

when i was in bkk in feb, the counter was quite bare coz its new and still undergoing reno.. so nothing much for me to choose then.. hey, but its pretty affordable..esp after VAT refund.

angel, how was it when you were in bkk few weeks back?</font>

irenee

hihi... my wedding on 28th nov... now a big headache over my hse too..
havent collect keys...
hope will get to do tat soon... if not cant renovate by 7th mth

lipstar

Yup, he looks like a boy when he is decked out in T shirt &amp; jeans. That is why whenever we go shopping on weekends, credit card promoters always give us a miss most blatantly. They will push flyers into everyone around us, then when we walk past, they will take back their flyers.
lol.gif

Good that we don't get harrassed so often. But we can be bullied sometimes by salespeople who deemed us as penniless students.

lipstar

Idyll: My furniture from Luxur Home arrived yesterday. We were quite satisfied, albeit the delivery arrangement was very uncoordinated - no communication between shop &amp; deliverymen.

I had called the shop and requested for delivery after 4pm. Luckily, I was home early. At 3+, the deliverymen called my hubby and said that they were there, but no one was home, and whether they can leave the furniture outside the flat.
377982.gif
Hubby insisted "cannot", and called me. I told him I am just 5 mins away from home. So he called the deliverymen and told them to wait for me.

Before I saw them, I was rehearsing within me to explain to the deliverymen - whom I deemed may be quite pissed off that no one was home - that I had requested for delivery to be after 4pm. But once they saw me, they apologised humbly to me that there was no time stated on the invoice. ( -_- with the shop)

Then they arrived with all the furniture except the Queen sized daybed, which they explained was not finished and would deliver to us once ready. We thought it would take a few days. Surprisingly, they came a 2nd time and sent the daybed at 8+pm at nite.

We are pretty satisfied with the turnout of the furniture.
377983.gif

marnie

Lipstar, yeay for you!! I showed Meraj the Luxuor Home webbie and he fell in love with the exact coffee table which I thought would look good in our home (and I also know he would like that table) so we may traipse down the shop on Friday (provided no important games that night..bleh).

I saw on their webbie that they have a promo on this week but I'm not sure whether that it old promo or not...

xiaobai1

Hi Ladies

Just wondering for the wine do we call the supplier directly or Diana is taking the orders for us and asking hiduan to charge us at a cheaper rate? A bit confuse ler? If we are buying in bulk purchase, how many ppl have to be in the list before we can inform hiduan? Cause now like only 4 people in the list. Is it going to take a long time, before we start ordering? just wondering....

P/S: And is there any wine-tasting session, hope to hear from Diana soon.

Hi Ladies

I have something to check with u all, me is hokkien and my hubby is haninese. Is it true that my jiemei can't get from him the open door hongbao. I saw a thread in singapore brides forum and was wondering.... Cause we need to take 300 photos on the actual day. As our actual day photography package is like that, but my mum don't like my jie mei to tekan the bridegroom and said we hokkien no such thing. I was thinking can I ask my jiemei to tekan my hubby for 3 stages, after he pass the 3 stages then they will open the door and let him in. But privately we both will give jiemeis a small hongbao each, our both side parents will also give the hongbao to the jiemeis too. (but excluding the open door hongbao) Is it very werid not to have the open door hongbao??? Just confuse and wondering....

Take Care Ladies

Regards
Xiaobai1

adel23

hi gals "waves"

silentelf, dun despair.. your morning photos will turn out very nice as well, must be positive ok? i plan to go to red dot as well, may i know where you took the photos? just outside the building ? cos the back of the building is not red, its white... my FH suggested the place as he likes the red colour... hehe..

storm, red dot is opp MND complex, near tanjong pagar mrt... you not sua ku lah, no one will know unless you work nearby..

anyway, wanted to ask u gals, any comments about star furniture? so far comments in home and deco thread quite positive. thinking of getting a bed set there, prices quite reasonable..

sandsand

vaxx... u can actually try printing ur cards in BKK leh... if i can, i will... i went to the ones at MBK.. designs are quite nice (better than those printers that i happen to see at queensway shopping centre), and price wise, cheap.. they will come up with the design first then let u see b4 they proceed.. quite ok i feel..

Tecman... my mother saw some that day and said they look like they are for weddings during her time.. haha! My mother, the honest comedian..

kaye

marnie,
actually Luxur home every wk got promo...
this is 1 thing I realized.
rem the time I showed U the dining table...&amp; asked U all to guess which tb I bought...
U already said yr Meraj would choose the one by Luxur home...or izzit Lipstar?

xiaobai1

Hi Ladies and Gentleman,

By the way, I am also helping my friend to sell these disney items, if anyone in here wants these items. Do email to me and we talk in details.

Here is the link provided for the disney products
http://sg.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/flowerbaby1978/my_photos

By the way, I do not earn any commission from these products, I am just helping my friend to sell. Hope u all understand.

Thank You So Much.

Take Care Ladies and Gentleman

Regards
Xiaobai1

kitty_li

Hi gals,

Silentelf, don't be upset. At least you have a PS and some pictures lorh...I want to have one, but FH doesn't agree.
sad.gif
even when I volunteer to pay for it, he doesn't allow me to. He said he wun go.
sad.gif
So, you're better off than me liao...

susanfoo

Haha...xiaobai1

I'm the opposite of you. Me Hainanese and HB is Hokkien. I think it all depends on individual. Lucky my mum and his mum not so old thinking. They let us do whatever we want. So we're going ahead with the tekan and open door ang poh thing. And i'm leaving this to my jie mei on how they're going to tekan my HB. Poor HB. Of course it is good to give ang poh to Jiemei. It is a gesture of saying thanks.

I was supposed to go for my fitting on sun but they postphoned till today as the gown is not ready. Cross my fingers. Hope everything is ok.

marnie

Hazel, hmm....it must be me getting old cos' I can't remember anything liao...
lol.gif

Hmm..didn't know they have promo every week but hope to go down the shop soon cos' the living room so small, better get it custom-made.

xfiles_wolvie

princess-u mean more of a english colony kind of stuff?

ribbons-wah...wat a sweeping statement.,...hehehe im alright with it..hehe..free flow of kimchi? gt such things meh? me sua ku..hehe

diamond-oops..i tot no ned to give angbao is a rule all along...cos when i was a kid...i was told tat...maybe tat time see me kiddo wan to bluff me...kena bluff liao..hahaha....wat u said also true....i wun siam cny cos ned to give angbao...

pandalic-wah ur client so on GSS huh...tell ur client nothign to buy 1..every yr the same...haha..really? think my frds also easily get mc leh...duno leh...i feel difficult for me to get mc....duno y..maybe dependent on doc as well..will try tmr.. hehe...if u all dun see me online in the morning here...then i managed to get MC..ahhaha...south africa? hehee....ok lah...i add that in..

yuki-ok will try that as well. hahha hantum a few clinics...gog to draft a list of clinics liao..heheh..wah ur boss so ke4 po2 1 huh?...mc also must go back work..

angeldust-wah still gt disclaimer?...okok....for the new btbs in here lah...cos noe that u nt pulling customers bt just sharing....wah i just about to AHEM when saw ur post abt women more involved....thanks for ur claps...10q 10q..hehe no lah..just that she not familiar with forums...so i come in since i gt more experience in forums previously. (nt wedding forums lah..hehe..hardwarezone, movies forums. hehe)...i also wan to do away with dinner..bt then the dinner is for the sake of our parents ..so bo bian..

1) Australia - DA man
2) Europe (such as Italy, France, Spain..etc) angeldust, Yuki, Kai, Elven_Princess, jingles
3) US (including Hawaii)
4) South America
5) NZ
6) Japan
7) Hong Kong (is this consider country or city?)
8) Taiwan
9) China
10) UK
11) Korea - Ribbons
12) Canada - Pandalic
13) Africa

if i miss out any of u ladies in the hm list remind me hor..

so far most of u favour europe...hehe..

lambzzz

Gosh e posts are running fast boy....

<font color="ff6000">Elven -- ya me bring my mama down to DC likely end month... when u goin down DC again? might just catch u there~ hee...</font>

<font color="0077aa">angeldust -- Thks boy n i sure need all e luck man cos there's many other stuff i hv yet to settle...not jus CS....jus hope my mom is ok w Divine...so...keep my fingers crossed...</font>

wtan

hi hi soudez..
haha..it's a special arrangement i have done to surprise my hubby lor..i thot it's unique news to TNP..indeed they found it unique that they wrote us an 1/2 full page report..haha..

hi hi vvn..
yap..we are the 1st that met while queueing for Hello Kitty plush toys at McDonalds..check out our Love Story: http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/printfriendly/0,4139,90542,00.html

hi hi xiaobai..
diff customs have diff practise when fetching the bride..i think u can double check with ur in-laws, ur parents or ur fengshui master for further enquiry ba..cheers~

maez

<font color="119911">hi all,

fyi. audiohouse deals

Samsung LA32R51 cash 2099 free dvd player
Samsung LA32R71 cash 2699 free dvd Recorder + $200 takashimaya or robinsons voucher.

i manage to get at my own contact for R51 $1948 and R71 $2380. no free player/recorder but have the vouchers. the dvd recorder is retailing at $279..</font>

chillipadi25

Panda – wah…200 for something simple…that means EG is even more expensive!! Will able to share share the contacts of tailor u had engaged?

Kai – hey u also looking for tailor hur….last time used to have some good tailors above old Chinatown hawker, maybe u can give a try there. But just went there last month, some of them had already shifted out liao…if u manage to get any good ones, can recommend me? Thanks in advance hur…

sandsand

Da Man.. haha... not sweeping statement lah... hha... no offence k... and yes, they ahve free flow kimchi in korean foodcourts,, haha.. but me dont like it..

Jingles, those tailors u referring to in chinatown, where is it? chinatown going thru some major revamp man.. i know the market and hawker centre going to be relocated..
anyone else got more seamstress contacts to share?

soudezne

Hi wendy
oic... haha... i and hb started off during the world cup.. mayb i shd get TNP to have a write up too... hahaha....

Hi Xiaobai
i hv been JM of hainese and hokkien, all have the open door session... however, its ok to go without too... tho i find that its more atmosphere to hv one... u can try persuading ur parents again.. =p
FYI, according to my mum, no matter whh dialect grp it is, there isnt such a "open door ceremony" during their times.. tis cld be the reason y ur mum mention hokkien no such thing...

BTW, i'm interested in the wine too but delima delima....

xiaobai1

Hi Susan and Wendy

Yeap we are giving the jie meis hongbaos when the tekan game is over after the bridegroom steps into the house, but not when opening the door for the groom to enter. Just skipping the opening door hong bao, since it is not in our custom for both hainanese and hokkien.

I will discuss with my jie mei what are the games to play on the bridegroom and xiong dis. I don't wish my jie mei to play until so crazy . Until we miss the timing to leave my mum place to go to my hubby place. So nothing too harsh for my hubby. I will protect him. Except eating the fresh tomato game . Hee Hee I like that game. Ha Ha I won't help him in that game since he don't like the vegetables so much. It will be fun to see him eating the small red tomato. Hee Hee
happy.gif
Me is so bad. Hope he won't come in here, to read this thread.

My mum even said skip the tekan game let my hubby enter in straightaway, but i told her then that is nothing special for the actual day photographer to take. Like that how to take 300 photos on that actual day? only tea ceremony and all the people faces only. Nothing special meh. Hee Hee
happy.gif

Take Care Ladies and Gentleman

Regards
Xiaobai1

chillipadi25

hey ribbons, some of the tailors are still there - above the people's park market hawker. Think 1 day u can go there to racky first before bringing ur mum there. But believe the rates had gone up after the reno........

vvn

xiaobai,

I'm cantonese but FH shanghainese, his mom say no need for anything, but my side must have the open door red packet and tea ceremony and the guo dao li, but dun need to tekan the groom. so my FH very heng lah... actually he and his brothers still don't know and were having secret meetings on how to open door etc!

xiaobai1

Hi Vnn

Yeap my mum don't wish to tekan my hubby, cause she said no such thing during her time, and my hubby really treats me very well. So guess my mum don't wish my friends to bully my hubby. But we are doing the tekan game for the actual day photographer to take more photos and more atmosphere like what soudez said.

Think I will discuss with hubby again to give the open door hongbao for the jiemeis for the open door ceremony. But privately, we won't give the second hongbao to jiemei. Think I will get a present for all the jiemeis and xiong dis instead look more nicer I think.

My mum and mother in law don't know about this tekan game thingy. Me and hubby is in charge. But mum and mil are asking us to follow the traditions. Making me and hubby having a headache now.

Take Care Ladies

Regards
Xiaobai1

flipfreak

hi vvn. my sis in law is working for G2000 so can secure huge discounts when it comes to clothing range under wing tai. haha.

as for the photographers, ppl who use film will be more careful of what they shoot. those who use digital cam tend to shoot first worry later since no film is wasted.

but in the end, the more we choose, the more they earn. so they shld take nice pics of us!

flipfreak

btw, regarding the so called tekan of the groom, i think it comes from the cantonese dialect group. teochew oso dun have such things actually. my mum in law oso says there is no need for these stuff during the morning ceremony. from my understanding, neither do hokkiens do it cos im hokkien! haha.

but i think if the groom doesnt mind, abit of pranks done in the name of fun shld be ok. not overboard though. i heard of making the groom drink junk and wear undies. that is very degrading for some guys.