(2006) Brides of year 2006

chipdale1910

Hi sogo,

I have 9 jie meis & i think there is 8 or 9 xiong di. I think my cousins will join in the fun too. Hehehe. I agree with popie, the more the merrier. As for the ang bao, it all depends on individual on how much we gives them. Jus make ensure tat the money can cover the cab fare for the morning trip to our house.

Hi leafmemories,
Jus make sure tat u dun drink too much water on the night b4 of ur PS. Well, u can put everything in a suitcase. I also did the same thing by putting all things in the suitcase. Kekeke. Enjoy!

Hi popir,
Oh! So u have planned to buy things in Body Shop for ur jie meis. Share with me what will u be getting. I also thought of making thank you cards for my jie meis to show my appreciation & thanks for their help.

skk

tansy,

My friend's mum is now admiring at the photos she taken almost 30 yrs ago...... Image the black n white photos has already contented her that much..... Image ours r more 'colourful'. hehe. Yap agreed will collect dust or even "cultivate mushroom", but who knows........ :b As long as u n partner happy with it, Y make urself more upset? Now is the time for more impt things..... AD coming soon leh.... 5mths to go. Urs 7th right? Hehe mine 14th, a week after u. Think getting more n more gan cheong liao.

Me starting to source for buffer cater for both parents n IL home as well as our hm for relatives n friends. Also dinner for immediate families for AD(lucky no wedding dinner since fully booked long ago). Have to plan the schedule of AD and what to do in case my AD hit with the upgarding of my parent's home toilet (I really cross my finger). Need to get my home furnitures, and the things needed for 'nian chai' n AD. Feeling the stress now since IL don't allow us to do these things during 7th mth and so happened there r 2 this yr and juz B4 AD.

jklim4642

hi all, i also wear my ring on the 4th finger of my left hand. plan to wear that together with my wedding band and both rings will blend nicely together. btw, are all your parents getting any wedding gift for your FH? is it a norm for the ladies' parents to get the FSIL something?

lilyn22

Hiya! How's everyone going with the last minute preps?
Gerbera==> ur prob getting ready for ur dinner now...wishing u all the best! Hope u had a great AD!!!!!

Does anyone have suggestions of places to go for outdoor PS on the AD? have about an hour but dunno where to go...in town area or in east coast area?

I'm doing my AD schedule now, pretty detailed so if anyone wants can PM me
happy.gif

yummymilk

hi CSI,

congrats on getting 1 more thing settled! Amanda Lee has beautiful gowns! didn't choose it then coz was out of my budget.. hee.. but am satisfied with my BS so far
happy.gif

september

hi gals....me on leave 2molo....to wait for my furniture....

me nw whole body ache after a day of cleaning up my hse.....sob sob

clouds_54

Hi Da Man

Was trying to PM you but you didn't activate your PM fn. Hv you already bought the samsung 32" LCD, with home theatre system thrown in? Can email me the contact and details? ;) Thanks. Email: [email protected]

smurfying

I'm truly regretting of the huge amt of money spent. I'm v shaken today...after hearing 2 of my gf are having rocks in their marriage. They jus had their customary 2 yrs back. Like many of us, spent a bomb on wedding, nice photoshoot, wedding dinners, everything went on so well...in the end, affairs here, or jus say not compatible, love jus died...

I'm sorry to b saying all these when we're all preparing our wedding in another few more mths. but i'm really quite affected today.

skk

Tansy, juz cheer up. If things is going to happened, it will lor. Mmmmm don't let this affect urs. I also ve friends end up like ur friend, so I juz cross my finger. But u should look at the bright side although its easy to say and difficult to do. We don't know what will happened in the future so we need to treasure what ever we have now.
happy.gif

wallflower

me oso worn mine on the left hand, then i tried wearing it on right the past few days. nah, still prefer it on the left. cant wait to get married maybe?? haha... juz more comfy bah...

yuki ~ me and angel r studying jap at JCS (japanese cultural society), its located at middle rd near bugis junction
happy.gif

diamond ~ both rings together ah? i wear one ring aledy very heartache, scared scratch it all the time hehe... anyway, my mum is going to give a pair of long pants for my FH (HUH?!). its a custom wor, supposedly for a long lasting marriage

jklim4642

OL, is natural that the rings will get scratches if you wear it often. anyhow, is okie one, scratch already, can always send to the jeweller & get him to polish and it will look new again with no scratches!
happy.gif
most of my married friends wear 2 rings together on the 4th finger of their left hand, one ring being their wedding band. long pants for your FH as wedding gift? hm.. that is really interesting

popie

i m not sure wat to get leh chipdale... i went to shop around, but alot like very ex or the gift items seem quite useless.

leafmemories

hi , is it that for jiemeis and xiongdis we need to bao angbao plus give gifts?

popie, ya the rally was really exciting, too bad the press didn't give it proper coverage.

chipdale, thanks for the reminder abt not drinking too much water. totally forgot about that as i usually drink by the gallon.. =)

kar

tansy, indeed very shaken when we knw of marriages tat are on the rock, esp ppl near us. haiz. We jus try our best to upkeep our marriage la, dun think too much abt wat'll happen in future.

In fact, its really not abt the wedding, its abt life after the wedding, abt how we maintain our marriage... so, true la, dun need an expensive wedding, after all its jus a one day affair, shld prepare more for our marriage than our wedding... dun be shaken yah. Jus be the best wife to our husband can liao... hee. smile smile!

smurfying

Yah...it's the marriage tat we need to maintain tat's more impt than jus the one day affair. If it din happen to my gfs, think i'm not tat affected.

ja_ja

God Bless All the Weddings ... esp in May ;)

Lyn, for caterer, you may try the site www.hookedonheads.com - home made spices, very yummy and price is reasonable @$10. The restaurant is always packed ...

Wow... have not done a few things yet. Tightly lined up for the next few days.

For those going on HM, safe and wonderful journey!
Jam

lipstar

Ohh... hehe.

Daiso very inconvenient! The shuttle bus to IMM is always so crowded, and you can see the typical S'porean kiasu mentality manifested in the rushing and jumping queue.

Sometimes I find the Oreo Double Delight cookies with chocolate and peanut butter cream a tad too sweet, so just now I had them wrapped in between bread and it becomes Oreo sandwich! Not bad.

lipstar

Oh! BIG BIG NEWS!!!!

I cooked my virgin meal last night for Mr Lippy and me. It was not bad except that the potato and carrots were uncooked.
rofl.gif

When I said vigin meal, I really mean virgin meal. The only thing I have ever cooked in my life was instant noodles.

I cooked rice, steamed fish, soup with carrots, potatoes and corn, and Mr Lippy pan-fried luncheon meat. I washed the easy ones like the plates and cutlery while he washed the heavy pots and pans.

By the time he was done washing up and wiping, it was already 9-ish. He declared that we will never do this on a weekday.
lol.gif

popie

leafmemories,
my mum was telling me the ang bao for jie meis supposed to be given by her, and she will only give small amount. so i am thinking of giving jie meis a gift. i need to chk this with my mum again to double confirm.

marnie

Hi Girls!

Okie....my mom in law and hubby in London so I had a bit of time (okay..who am I kidding?) - I have tonnes of time on the 'puter uploading a couple of my wedding pictures. I've sent you girls (the ones I can remember in this old age..heh) an email to for the private link.

Hazel, leave me your email addy - I don't seem to have it on my mailbox for some weird reason(!)

xiaobai1

Hi Everyone

Me is back again. I also body aching from cleaning my kitchen stove and black splash. Same as Diana, High five to u . I have not mop my floor yet for the second time before my furniture comes in next week 20th may. Very excited to see it. Hope the furniture can blend out well with my wall colours.

Yesterday, I also went to my new house to measure the curtain that I brought at spotlight during last thursday. Luckily, it can be fixed to my wall and don't need to amend the length not too long just nice. But the colour is just pale beige to my light blue living room walls. So the color does not really stand out. But I am very happy liao, as I only brought the pair of curtains for $19.95. Quite cheap so can't complain. The other curtains and blind are given by my dad. When he used to work for my aunt, hanging the curtains and blinds and doing the curtain track too. And he do it very well. He still had some curtains left, so he is giving to me the curtains plus doing the curtain track for me free of charge. So I can save some money now. Hee Hee
happy.gif
My dad is so good to me. I now only need to purchase 1 more set of curtain for my master bedroom and some tie backs. Then the curtain issue for my new house is settled.

I have also brought four white plastic chairs from IKEA for my glass dining table. It is also quite cheap $29 per piece. If you all are interested, can go to IKEA to take a look. Now still need to purchase those big items such as tv, washing machine, fridge etc...
Seems like furniture and household appliances list can never end. So funny. Have u all purchase finished ur house furniture yet? Just wondering...

Hi Diana

Guess next time after we married, we can't go out shopping & watching movies with hubby during the weekend. Have to use the time to do housechores. Since my kitchen cabinet is white in color. I will have a good time cleaning it. Ha Ha Ha.

Hi Tansy

I have to admit divorce rate is high in Singapore. But I am sure it is up to the couple to decide how to keep their relationship alive and strong. Like me and my hubby we don't have secret with each other and we encourage open disscussions. Normally, every item concerning about our house, he will discuss with me before he made a purchase. Cause he wants me to be happy using the items in our new house.Me too every purchase I made I will also make sure he likes it too. We had quarrelled before, but we make sure our quarrel ended before 12 midnight. Normally we will talk it out and discuss what we are unhappy with the other person and say sorry to the other person (whichever person is at fault) before 12 midnight. We will try to settle the issue before we sleep. As we don't wish to take the unhappy feeling to go to sleep. Hee Hee
happy.gif
Here is how we maintain our relationship. I am sure out there, there are also many elderly couple whose marriage survive until the day they die. So we as a couple must really put in a lot of time and effort to maintain a good relationship with our hubby. Let's jie you and don't give up.

Take Care Ladies especially Wendy mummy

Regards
Xiaobai1

xfiles_wolvie

sam-yup tats why sme say that "you can die in SG but cant fall sick in SG". Choychoy lah...its a marriage and happy forum here so i better not say anymore. hehe

angeldust-i just went swimming with my FW on sun at aftn, the flocks of kiddos still ard. Wanna faint liao. they dominating the big pool both ends. sigh. so jam pack. like orchard road kena flooded.

princess-ok will tell you the outcome.

hanko-wah ur BS gt jiemei dress huh? mine dun hve leh. brothers lesser than jiemei is up to u and ur FH if both of you mind and if ur parents or ILs mind anot. cos for me, my brothers is lesser than the sisters. but trying to pull in a few more bros to even out. but then angpow concerns also. hehe. so i have yet to decide.

clouds-i din activate the PM. sh*t. tot i figure it our liao. cham. i will email u now. sorri abt that. abit late though.

OL-the long pants thing i nvr hear b4 leh. heheh. smething new. wat dialect are you?

pony_pang

Hi Wendy,

I went House of Etiquette to get my Kua liao.The kua there is really very nice my HTB is so impress that he pay on spot without saying a second word (Not like the Kua that my BS provided me just 2 ugly and over-dressed piece). hehehe..
Anyway thanks

pinkbunny

wah congratulations, lipstar!!! hey, there's a thread on recipes (it's called chinese soup recipes or something but we've progressed to include more recipes) somewhere around. you should join us. all aunties there hehe.

and for all you non-believers: we did jog yesterday
happy.gif
there's a canal near our house, about 2km. we jogged it and then walked back. we intend to do it twice a week at least.

sleepysleep

hihi ladies

they still doing editing havent see final result.. i know they will do extra in case we want..
but i think i no need to top up lah.. i see those havent edit one like so boring :S

wallflower

da man ~ im a cantonese. long pants r for "chang chang jiu jiu"
happy.gif

hanko ~ me opposite. i have limited close gal frens (at most 2), but i would like 4 jiemeis. maybe will rope in 2 of my normal frens. it will be easier for me to choose bros, coz me a guys' gal lah.. :p

lilic

<font color="0077aa">hi maez, pls help me update.. i engaging ciderjuice for my AD VG.. =)

hi hanko, why let BS decide the no. of your bridal party? i think you should decide on your no. of jiemeis based on your relationships with them.. i am sure, they dun mind and will look good in wearing their own clothes too!

diamond, i want to wear both my rings together too.. thats why fiance match my wedding band with my engagement ring too.. i love bling bling! for the presents, my parents will buy my fiance a ring for the tea ceremony..think this is customary.. plus a wedding gift for both of us... why must your parents buy for FSIL???

OL, actually you can get your guy frenz in your bridal party too.. in fact, its pretty common in the states.. the bride's guy helpers are called brides-MEN and if groom has lady helpers, they are called groomsLADIES.. anyway, the xiongdis are supposedly the groom's helpers.. not yours.. i will have one bridesman in my bridal party.. and my fiance will prob have 2 groomsladies.. </font>

jmonster

morning gals.

hi piglet,
ha.. we share the same prob.. lucky I cant choose more of the PS photos.. save $$$...
happy.gif

piglet,
i called my guests early April. going to collect my invitation cards this week then send out early June.

I put those pple who are tentatively confirm or cant confirm now in 'reservation table', &amp; will call them end of May to re-confirm.

wallflower

panda ~ tats new... bridesmen... will consider, but need to discuss with FH. he may not be comfortable with this idea :p u have seen atelier x rite? wat made u choose ciderjuice?

lilic

<font color="0077aa">OL, i like both... classy and personalised.. but ciderjuice is more affordable.. my VG is paid for by a fren.. fiance and i din budget for VG so we cant really splurge to engage atelier x.. =)</font>

yuki31

Good Morning Everybody
happy.gif

tmr I am going for my gown choosing ....so excited. Scare i cant get wat i wan ...i dun have idea for MTM design oso
sad.gif

yuki31

OL - Is JCS good? I heard a lot good comment on them. Me previously took Akizuki Jap sch ....ard bugis too
happy.gif

me oso cantonese
happy.gif
I din know tat pant have tat meaning ...tat day my FH was asking what my parent giving him ...i dunno oso ..but heard frm my MIL that they suppose to give him an ang bao for happy marriage.

Da Man - Is the samsung 32" LCD good? I am thinking of getting tat as well.

Hanko - me got little jiemei think maybe 2-3 only but my FH got many xiongdi ...seem a bit funny but we havent decide on the figures

My BS only provide 1 dress for bridesmaid but it is a long 1 ....i prefer her to wear short gown else later look similar to me ....haha

jklim4642

pandalic, u so fast get your wedding band already? your wedding is in Dec 06 right? i have not even met the jeweller!! i thought as long as 3 mths in advance made can leow.. :p

my FH is my parents' future son-in-law (FSIL). that is what i mean. ya... is a custom to give some gold stuff at tea ceremony and another wedding gift. some give angbow instead.

wallflower

yuki ~ juz relax and enjoy ur gown selection. try not to go with too high expectations lor
happy.gif
JCS is good, well-known among jap companies here, but the no of students per class is quite a lot (abt 20-30), so cant get much personal attention

lilic

<font color="0077aa">diamond, only fiance bought my wedding band.. i havent bought his... we buying separately.. but from the same jeweller =) no hard and fuss rule about when to buy i guess.. unless you want to mtm, then gotta do it earlier.

i think FSIL here stands for future sister in law.. their son in law is your husband lar.. </font>

yuki31

OL - yap will relax n go ...haha
Normally how long will it take for gown selection? Think my FH going to be very tired waiting....

JCS hw much does it costs? It goes by 3 month block study?

xiaobai1

Hi Wendy

May I know what is the pricing for the house catering? Do they have a catalogue for us to see the food that they provide? And where do they put the house catering? Is it outside my mum house? Most Important, is the food nice? And we must give the house catering how many days of notice ? Just wondering... So sorry for asking so many qus, Cause me never order food catering before. Hope u don't mind.

I have went down to bengalwan solo to look at the cake and the pricing. Think will get the bengalwan solo since they got provide the free delivery. It is more conveient for us. By the way, beside bengalwan solo, is there any other cake shop that got provide wedding cakes around that range $5 or 6 plus? I hope to make some comparsion, before I make my order for the wedding cakes. Thank U so much : )

Take Care

Regards
Xiaobai1

wallflower

panda &amp; diamond ~ me and FH bought our wedding bands aledy... coz tot its nice to wear them for our PS in jul, and tat time lee hwa got sale hee...
happy.gif

yuki ~ tin the duration depends. i took abt 2 hrs to select both EG and WG OTR. but FH will only select his suits closer to PS date... JCS is abt $200 for 3 mths, but they only open to enrolment once a yr i tin, which is yr end. places r usually popular for beginners &amp; intermediate classes. their no is 63383428, try calling to enquire
happy.gif

lilic

<font color="0077aa">hey OL, you are right.. i forgot abt the PS.. ok.. i should be buying my fiance's wedding band before PS too..

you decided on your VG?</font>

angeldust

hihi,

panda - eh i wear my engagement ring on my right hand cos it fits better. i know can wear together on left but too squeezy.

Yuki - yes. OL and I are studying at Japanese Cultural Society. for more information on courses please see www.jcss.org.sg. They have 3 mth intensive or year long courses. OL and I are taking the year long ones.

daman - ya lor kind of irritating right? haiz.. me still sick so haven gone swimming as yet. shall get down to it next week.

marnie

Hazel, I sent the link to you already....

Pink Bunny, steady lah......babe...I will look like a frumpy Humpty Dumpty next to you...
biggrin.gif

Lipstar, I love your pictures!!!

kaye

marnie,
U looks so relax on yr AD...
I was so gan cheong on tat day....
cos my jiemei seems to be quite messy...
So its like I cant let go these things

elven_princess

<font color="ff0000">pandalic,
Hey, congrats on finally settling on Ciderjuice. Can strike off 1 item off your 'To Do' list liao. =)

Yuki,
Good luck in your selection! It will be fun, dun worry. Maybe u can check if your BS can give u a shorter dress (like a tea dress) for your bridesmaid? Agree that a long dress will look somewhat similar to the bride.
happy.gif
</font>

jklim4642

OL I have not thought about wearing the wedding band at PS... that is a good one.... but then, i dont think i can get it out in time for PS..

pandalic my proposal ring is custom made to blend with a certain wedding band design so that they will look nicer. so i dont have a choice loh

jklim4642

Pandalic so i thought, may as well custom made the wedding band together with the jewellery my mum is getting me.. save the hassle. just have to meet the jeweller once