(2006) Brides of year 2006

cindeekoh

you are welcome blur

glad to be of help
bounce.gif

scobido

hi gals

i wonder what are the extra items to ask for in the package?Do we need to negotiate with them or they will give willingly?

tnx
happy.gif

greenleaf

Hi all,

WOW!!! I din come in for some time and the thread is flooded man!!!!

Hi new gals.....WELCOME!!!!

Hi Bugbear,
How is it coming along for your hotel hunting? Have you shortlist to a few hotels? I cannot view the hotels ballrooms cos I am outstation mah...I tot I told u gals?? Anyway, I was back to Singapore for abt 2 weeks and I 1 shot look at all the possible ballrooms liao....I even go to Ritz and Fullerton leh...but of cos it is out of my reach man...sigh.... Okie, now I am already to discuss all the ballrooms man...Hey u know what, ur FH went to Mandrain Maina on 24/6 right?? I also went there to look at the ballroom leh... kekekekeke...Also have u considered for Orchard Hotel? I heard from the coordinator that they are having a show during Sept leh....so how???

Hi Cin,
U also having church wedding?? Me too!! We can discuss things together liao!!! Yeah!!!!

cindeekoh

hey moo

you will have to know what you want, for example, i wan a rm for my helpers and that would include both day and night stay for them. i also wanna bring in my own deco...and all these u have to neg with yr coordinator...and dun be too soft...hehehe...just ask...push and see how far you can get...best if u know close frens or relatives who are gd at bargaining...bring them along manz...hhehe...but of course dun push it too far lah...wait leave a bad impression also not nice.
happy.gif

hi ching
actually wanted everything in the hotel...but bf wants church wedding...so hv to obliged. just will b more hectic. morn church ceremony, afternoon, tea ceremony, night dinner..wow..wanted it just ceremony and dinner together..save time..hehehe...then again..get to walk down the long aisle as i always dream. which church u gonna hold yr wedding huh? book it already? me gonna have lunch recep after the ceremony...fill all the hungry guests..hehe

bugbear

Hi Blur, for Chijmes, u have to rent the venue first...depending on ur day/time, the rental starts from $1800-3600. Then u have to arrange for Chijmes in-house caterer, Kriston, Hyatt other official caterers of chijmes to get their wedding banquet packages. I find it quite exp especially after adding the $3600.

Think u have to be careful of some charges like china wares, kitchen rental, waiters/waitress, etc...some caterer charge like $15nett per person for such services...meaning, if u have a guest list of 300, on top of the chinese banquet price, u still need to add $15 * 300.

Also, CHijmes only cater for max of 30 tables (including use of the asile which will be locked by the columns)...

Ching, I have short-listed a couple already...so now waiting for the new packages to come out...places like MC will open booking for 2006, but u must pay additional o $20 per table as advance booking surcharge...and their yearly package increase is only about $5-10 so unless i die die want that date...else no point booking now...

I have asked for Orchard hotel or Orchard Parade? I tot Orchard Parade is the one with good food...cos it's prepared by Chinois? anyway, orchard parade is out for me cos the ballroom too small
happy.gif

Hahah...Ching...so 'qiao'...my FH attended a friend's wedding there :D

scobido

hi cindee

tnx for your advice
happy.gif

anyone knows any hotels that only accomodates to 16 tables and below? I know goodwoodpark hotel does...

will poolside be v casual compared to function room?think if i hold it indoor, gota b function room, not ballroom, unsure whether function room looks grand or not...any idea any one?

bugbear

Hi moo, maybe u can try hyatt...hyatt has a couple of rooms that are not too bad...and still looks grand...think it's hibiscus or stamford...but i am not too sure what is their min
happy.gif

I would say goodwood is a good choice for 16 tables...i like the ballroom a lot...very cosy...

cindeekoh

hi moo
u can try oriental pool side...was there and it was nice...can fit bw 12-15 tables. nice ambience..

hi bugbear
which date are u looking at for MC? love MC but the date not out and then plus the surcharge, very diff to sign first...thinking of dec, but their package for dec will only come out in sept. afraid by that time, dun hv the date i wan liao. how does the surcharge works again?

bugbear

Hi Cindee,

U can wait for next year Aug (2005) package to be out for Aug-Dec 2006...so that means u have like 1 yr in advance for the booking.

MC advance surcharge goes like this:
eg: Date 2nd Aug 2005. Currently package is valid till 31st Jul 2005. Come Aug 2004, MC will release packages for Aug-Dec 2005. If u book after the release of the packages, then u don't need to pay for the surcharge...else, a $20 surcharge will be imposed on each table.

Are u even more blur? ;p According to the coordinator, their package increase might just be $5-10...but surcharge is $20...unless u really really want that date so badly, else, i don think many ppl does advanced booking...but the other time when i was there, a couple actually paid for advanced booking for Oct 2005
happy.gif

greenleaf

Hi Cin,
Nope, I have not book church place yet cos now actually still very early leh...Anyway should be holding the wedding in my own church lor...Most prob will also have a lunch/tea reception after the ceremony lor...

Hi Bugbear,
So have u decide on the date already? Which final hotels have u shortlist? I still thinking through the hotels....Har?? MC have surcharge ah??? So when can booking be done if I want June 2006??
I am not talking abt Orchard Parade Hotel, I am talking abt Orchard Hotel...which have a Hua Ting restuarant...Can hold big weddings... What u think abt HI?

cindeekoh

hi bugbear

hmm..beginning to really like yr nick..very cute...haha...

i see...sighz...cos we just wanna get the venue out of our way ...mandarin can honor the price they quote loh...plus perks better also..just dun hv the exclusiveness of having the only 1 wedding at the plc. sighz...gotta weigh it out then...thanks

hi ching
how many pp u inviting for the church...we got a lot lei..his mom said invite every one..haha./...now hv to think how to fit everyone in...btw which church u from?

bugbear

Morning Gals!!

Ching, yeah...MC got the so called surcharge for advanced booking...advanced booking applies when the date u wanted, the package is not released yet. So if u want June 2006 (same as me :D), then we have to wait till Jan 2005 for the Jan-Aug 2006 packages liao lor...
happy.gif

Cindee...Have u looked at Marina Mandarin's ballroom? Maybe u want to check with the coordinator if they have any intention to reno the place...cos i understand that they have renovated some 2 years ago...so by 2006, dunno if they have plans to renovate...after hearing the story of Oriental, i quite scared...everywhere i go, i also ask if they have plans to reno their ballroom...heheh

I understand what u mean when u want to get the hotels and stuffs out...i also hope to do that...but now not possible lor...unless like for ur case, u are not particular about date...then much easier. My FIL are quite particular about all these...so i'd better be good and stick to their wishes on this :D

cindeekoh

hi bugbear

marina mandarin more $$ than mandarin in orchard loh. perks not as gd somemore. so din go there. ya heard abt oriental. my final list was actually oriental, mandarin and merchant. but, like u, after hearing abt oriental, a bit apprehensive. plus the new rate very $$ also.

guess i shall wait for the jan package to be out frm MC then. cos considering either end may or early dec. if may, then our wedding will be near each other manz...hehee..

scobido

hi gals

like to check w u whether it is ok to have the bridal photography ID/OD shots like say 1year or earlier ahead of the dinner?

bugbear

moo...u taking OTR gowns or MTM? 1 yr is a little long leh...and u have to confirm and double confirm that ur gown still can wear if u taking the MTM
happy.gif

But guess if u really have no choice but to do it 1 yr before...then just go for it...like my friend said it...take while young!! :D

cindeekoh

hi moo

me also intend to take photo early. abt 1 yr early loh. can keep one wat. as for the gown, can take my own sweet time to choose and make, even after the photography... the BC i wanted is ok with this arrangement. i just wun hv any pix with my actual gown loh...but nvm..cos on that day, fren helping to take pix...will make sure he takes a lot. guess cos we just dun wan so many things cramp together within the few mths...we like to spread things out. can see better too...and not so tired...so can savour each moment better...
happy.gif

at the end of the day, yr decision ...yr wedding mah
happy.gif

greenleaf

Hi Cin,
U confirm Mandrain Orchard liao?? How many table u looking for and which ballroom u looking at? I think will 300+ people lor....too many pp also faint ah....I from CHC...u leh??

Hi Bugbear,
Seems like a lot of hotels all have to wait til Jan 05 then can book hor?? So U confirm having at June 2006?? I tot u also looking at other dates?? So have u finalised which hotel u going for already? Any changes from the last time I heard from u?

Hi Moo,
1 year a bit early but that is ur call right? ;)

scobido

morning all
happy.gif

haha actually i thought 1 year also quite early la :p

maybe suggesting to put the customary tea separate days from the wedding dinner too hehe

c what my bf think, he hasn't even propose yet haha

cindeekoh

hi ching

me from NCC. but the wedding will be at my bf's church...luteran church of the redeemer. still deciding between mandarin court or ballroom. but ballroom must hv min 50. will look nice lah..but too many tables...the thought of me going around to so many tables tires me haha.
happy.gif
so trying to cut down to max 38...cos heard to get unblocked view...max 35-38 tables in mandarin court...u looking and mandarin also?

really love merchant though...but to get compliementary seat covers...must min 45 tables..then after deatiled comparing, mandarin still cheaper...sighz...so sad

hi moo,
looks like i would be the only one taking the pix so early huh...oops
happy.gif
hehehe...

bugbear

Hi Ching...me still no change yet...looking at ard Dec 05 or latest Jun 06...but by the look of the development of my hse...think Jun would be a safer date lor...hotel wise also not much changes...still the few that i am looking at...now just deciding if i should do separate day for tea...cos the date that i liked is a Tues...so might have tea on Sun, easier for relatives and friends lor...
happy.gif

Cin...that's the prob with MC. they charge for seat covers and all...and they are very strict with negotiation. not much can be done lor
sad.gif
i also have to factor in the seat covers...cos i only have about 40 tables...

BTW, how is mandarin court? I have gone to see it yet...how much is the weekend package? corkage of wine waived for all? hehhe..sorry...so many Qs
happy.gif

cindeekoh

hi bugbear

bf just returned from overseas,and after discussion, think will forgo MC. besides the fact that we have to pay hidden costs, like the seat covers, the stage is very small. cant hv much activities, esp since we wan to hv some small games. hehee...to liven up the atmosphere.
happy.gif

mandarin wkend is $804. the perks are a whole lot better lah. 2 nights stay. i also got a rm for my coordinators and that includes a night stay for them. got vouchers for Top of the M, got seat covers, get to choose 2 wedding flavors. more variety - fruit cake or pralines, bear, chopsticks or candles. we should be taking 2 bears. hehe..very cute. then additional bottle of champagne..no corkage for hard liquor, wines and champagne brought in. compliementary use of projectors. so all in all, better than MC. the stage confirm a whole lot bigger than MC also.

saw mandarin court. din not see it with the deco though. but heard from the forum can hv 38 tables with unblocked view. so gd enough lah.

i also factor in the seat covers for MC for 40 tables. add up more $ than mandarin. then the perks also. sighz. for us, it is pretty much set up liao. still gonna neg for more stuff. hehe...
happy.gif

cindeekoh

oh ya bugbear

if u sign with mandarin, they will honor the price. so even if got any increase of gst increase, u still pay the initial price. MC said if got gst increase, we will be charged the increase. with the uncertainty, also diff manz.

bugbear

Cin...yeah, the bad thing abt MC is the hidden costs...and the corakge. MC is very strict with their perks. Maybe i should also get my FH to go look at mandarin court. So whom at Mandarin did u liaise with? Is he/she easy to negotiate?

Do u have their package? Can send it to me?
[email protected] thanks.

U very fast leh...i started looking ard so long ago and still not decided yet ;p think the earliest i will book for banquet is end this yr. till now, FH still have not officially proposed yet!! so i also not going to book the banquet. :p

lux

Alamak bugbear.. you also awaiting for the proposal huh?

ME also!! heheh! I dont care man.. wait until he say something otherwise I wont go do and book anything ... ald regret the house!

cindeekoh

hi bugbear

sent u liao. hahaa...i have looked at crown prince, amara, hyatt, marriot, merchant, marina mandarin, oriental, pan pacific, inter-continental, carlton and mandarin. as i looked ard i compare amongst themselves too. that prob explains why it is so fast.
happy.gif

now we also gonna consider house. his parents offer to bring us to some...that makes it more necessary to settle the hotel fast. cant wait to get it over and done with.
lol.gif

bugbear

Cindee...quite envy u that u are settling ur stuffs...me got a hse liao...but still waiting for the official proposal

Ling...yah lor...me similiar situation as u lor...got the unofficial proposal...but me still waiting lor...hahah...no official proposal, no banquet...hahah :D

yamiyogurt

keke..... glad to know that I m not the onli one without official proposal..... hahaha..... but bought our place already...... cannot back out liaoz....but still want a proposal keke
happy.gif

yamiyogurt

i didint know that marina mandarin more ex than mandarin in orchard ...like that i will consider meritus manadrin too... keep it in my growing list of potentials...

greenleaf

Hi Cin,
I went to Mandarin Orchard b4... The ballrooms u mentioned are all big and nice...and seems to have a lot of perks leh...very good...So u been to HI to see, what u think of it?? What abt Mandrain Marina, Pan Pac, Hyatt and Marriot?

Hi Bugbear,
Which particular Tuesday u like in June 2006?? U still interested in Marriot and Hyatt?? Hey, did u go to the Wedding show at Hyatt?? Is there any promotion?? Or u know of any promotion? Can share?? Also, what u think of HI?? I went there to have a look and seems to be a nice place leh...

Hi Yami,
U also looking at 2006 wedding?? When u looking at and at which place?

cindeekoh

hi bugbear

realized i missed out yr previous msg abt the gown. it is part of the PS package loh. with 6 changes. quite cheap...bridal concept at bugis.

hi ching
wat is HI? is it holiday inn? if so, i actually dun like the plc...my opinion lah...cos the ballroom got pillars, dun wan the guests to hv a bad impression of not being able to see comfortably...hehee...well, i am very practical...got cheaper price with better perks i take. the 4 choices u mentioned...all higher price than mandarin...so i cant say much abt it loh.

kies ya ya
will send u the package for mandarin now...

bugbear

Morning Gals...

Ching, I am meeting Hyatt sometime next week...but dunno if i eventually will take it or not...cos the weekend package is kind of high. Hahah...yes, Marriott is still in my list...but as the price is high...might have to re-consider lor.

Ching, HI that u mentioned is Hotel Intercon right? For that, i quite like that place, but the ballroom is a little too small for me...cos the max that they can accomodate is ard 36 tables...and this in my view would be quite cramped...cos the other time when i went to see the ballroom settings, there was a wedding with 34 tables and in between tables, the space is quite limited...but the ballroom is nice and pillarless
happy.gif

I din go to the Hyatt wedding fair...cos my date is not so near and as i already have BS package, i don see the need to go there...maybe the next one i might go if it's still in my potential list
happy.gif

Personal opnion of Marina Mandarin is that the ballroom is quite dim which makes it look old. Food wise, my FH say it's not too bad...ok. If you gals have in mind to take Marina, i would suggest that you find out from the coordinators if Marina has plans for upgrading or renovation of their ballroom...cos from what i understand, they renovated their ballroom like 2 yrs ago...but by the time we have our banquet in 2006, the ballroom would have been at least 4 years...so i think best to sound out if they are going to renovate.

Yami...of course must get official proposal lor...cannot let them go so easily...they always use the "Lets go apply for HDB" as proposal hor...heheh
lame.gif

lux

Bugbear..

you doing so intensive research.. you think FH catch the hint need to propose or not?

Me also act nonchalent infront of him man.. He dont mention anything I also dont say. See he can wait how long I wait with him. Somemore HDB say by year end have to give some form of receipt to verify the intent to married. Than I nov literally in US for at least half a month or longer. Make him kan cheong.

Wah.. think I lagi mean right.. but dont want to look back and regret what some girls have and I dont..

bugbear

Hahah...Ling, tell him straight in his face lah...no proposal, no banquet...hahah :D

Wah...lucky u...go US again...can go travel...

I agree with u lor...that's why i want to start early to plan...i don want to look back and regret like i should have started researching, this and that...
happy.gif

violyn

Hello 2006 Brides,

Does anyone has any lobang for auspiciuos dates for 2006?

I'm hunting ard for BS, Photographers, Flowers & Hotel now.

Guess I'm joining the KS group... hehehee...

bugbear

Hi Vio...

If u really want a date, you can get a geomancer to calculate. With the characters and stuffs, the geomancer can calculate a date good for wedding for u...then when the tong shu for the respective yr is out, go back to the geomancer and he will calculate the timing for u. THink standard is about $100.

I called up a geomancer and this is what he told me. Personally, i haven't gone to any yet
happy.gif

yamiyogurt

Ching,
I still dunnoe what dates in 2006 is gd. so haven realli decide. think will decide next yr when i book the hotel. me like conrad, hyatt and mandarin marina, just added meritus mandarin to my long list too
happy.gif
haven started calling up these hotels....most information are gotten from the gals here..

i started my own folder in my pC for all these wedding related stuff
happy.gif
tat's a kick start for my AD preparation.... (but b4 tat there's preparations for rom too)

all gals here rom already?? any special plans?

lux

bugbear.. tell him in the face .. I dont want leh! Like machiam need so much prompt! *faint*

Anyway Yami.. me not ROM yet.. intending to have it prior to the banquet or something. More meaningful so just remember 1 day can liao.. anyway main main reason because no money so do together save a bit...

yamiyogurt

i wish i can ROM+customary together too...but i must submit my rom cert to HDB after i get the keys to my place..... esp since i utilised the 30k grant...
sad.gif
so rom first in 2005. 2006 then AD.

Cindee, if u dun mind pls send me the proposal too? thanks
happy.gif
[email protected]

bugbear....waiting till neck long long for official proposal. .. .. he still got time to help his fren think of ways to propose to his fren's gf! keke

preci0usm0ments

Hello all,
I have a qns, is it advisable to sign up with BS since my AD is in 2006? but my ROM will b this year.. so if i dun sign up i lugi the ROM package.. i need advise please..

cindeekoh

hello blur

it is ok to sign rite? i am signing mine in a few mths time even though my wedding is gonna be in may 2006. am sure u can talked to yr BS coordinator and come up with a nice timeframe to work with.

hi icecream and yami
have since sent u gers the package. btw, my ROM and church wedding, everything will be on the same day...save my energy...for the house..we are just gonna use receipts to prove tt we are getting married...dun need the ROM cert one lei..a lot of my frens did that and they can delay their ROM and wedding for more than 1 yr ...gonna do the same too...heheh
happy.gif

oh ya...bugbear
looks like u dun hv to envy me afterall. turned out that there are changes to the venue...bf's father said we should use the garden they have at home...got a patch of land beside the house...a garden...more unique...can fit some 300 people loh...and one of his cousins, who is very gd with deco and interior design, can be in charge of the deco and wedding flavors...anyway have seen his cousin's work...wow..it is very nice...i have even gotten him to do up my house...hehehe...save money...so guess we may not hv it at mandarin afterall...a bit disappointed cos i was beginning to like mandarin a lot...on the verge of signing somemore...but guess garden wedding is gonna be so much more unique...my initial dream wedding...now i just hv to start my planning all over again. so i am back to square one.
lol.gif

greenleaf

Hi Cin,
HI is Hotel Intercon....I also been to Holiday Inn, I like the chandeliers but also din like the pillars and the high/low ceiling...But of cos the package is quite attractive with free flow of beer and the coordinator that is quite helpful...
Har??? Cin now means what?? U dun need a wedding banquet liao?? Wah...your bf's house so big ah?? Can fit 300 pp?? Where is the place??

Hi Bugbear,
Yup...I am talking abt Hotel Intercon....Yup like the ballroom cos of no pillars, high ceiling and the chandeliers...althought the chandeliers are nothing to shout abt...I think Marina Mandrain is quite okie lah...maybe ask them to on the lights brighter???kekekeke

Hi yami,
I already ROM last year liao...at Carlton Hotel...

Hi blur,
Y cannot sign up BS now?? It is good to take advantage of the ROM package they throw in u know...However, dun follow my footsteps okie...din do any research then kena sweet talk to a BS....Really regret it...thinking of forgoing the deposit man.....Can sign up...but be sure u like the BS and did some research lor...
happy.gif

bugbear

Morning Gals...

Blur, I think it is absoluetly alright to sign up ur BS now...especially since they are throwing in the ROM package for u. good deal leh.

Cin...Wah!! Ur FH house is SO HUGH. Can accomodate 300 pax?! Where is this place? Such a hugh piece of land ar.

Yami, i also have not rom yet...and a lot of ppl told me that they can just use the banquet or even the BS receipt as prove of marriage...then can defer. Try doing that if u really wan ur rom to be on the same date as ur AD.

lux

Hi Yami..

Me got my flat last oct actually.. this jan got the keys liao. When HDB sent me to remind me to sent the ROM cert.. I wrote a letter to appeal for my wedding to be held in 2006. It was approved but have to give them proof of receipts from bridal salon or banquet to prove your intent to get married soon.

Me wanna do it same day so easier for us and no need to plan twice.. budget also problematic. That's why might as well loh..

hope the above help!

Anyway the BS signing should be okay lah but provided you really like the BS lah. dont sign on impulse