(2006) Brides of year 2006

angeldust

hi rainnqq,

yeps that's a good start. I am keeping a tiny folio with all my lists typed and all the contracts in it including emails exchanged with coordinators. This is so I do not forget anything. I named it Wedding Folio. Same as I did for HDB Folio & Reno Folio. heh heh heh..cos my hubby takes care of our hsehold stuff in a file so I do the fun parts.. HA HA HA HA HA :p

magic_alz

cocoberry,
yeah..will use black ink...i did a prototype some time back before deciding...it looked really elegant on the transclucent papers...will show once i get it done..=) bt dont think will be anytime soon..heheh.

storm8345

hi all... been bz clearing my stuff before i go on mc. ^_^

my bs called me and ask me to go and try my gown... cant wait. so exciting.

pat, wat theme are you having in mind? mine will be beach, sea kind. coz i'm doing it at rasa sentosa. i'm planning to go far east to buy ang po box... (wat do you guys think? i dont think i want to make coz i dont think i have time. ^_^

marnie

Aaawwww.....((((Pink Bunny)))) - you're growing up as this engagement is coming to an end.....so proud of you - yes, I'm sure you'll enjoy the day...hiccups, problems, impromptu decisions and all.
happy.gif

Hazel, Jean & Adeline, will you be okay to change the meeting day to another day other than Friday? Sorry for last minute changes....

Girls, I've finally finished editing my "program booklets" for the AD! YIPPEEEE!!!
bounce.gif
A load of my shoulders....all is coming together slowly now...I just know it! Just now need to print 240 sets of booklets...Just do a few tens everyday afer work. That should be okay.

lollypop

Our first March bride! Peggy, finally your big day is here!
kao_wedding.gif

Lets give a toast to peggy for her event tomorrow!
kao_cheers.gif

Congratulation to u gal and wishing both of u a blissful marriage!
happy.gif

jojo_18bride

Hi sinkor, jasmine,

I have check the calender, it is Father day on 18.06.06. Hehe... A really special wedding with father day celebration in it. Im planning to get a present for him, but duno what to buy leh... Actually thinkinh of buying gold medal with the "fu" word (come in a frame) for him, but my hubby say gold price go up very much, bo hua leh, somemore very xpensive. Any one of u got any idea wat to give 4 dad? I hope to give him something special, n presentable, so that guest see liao, dad oso proud proud mah =) Scarli he being moved n tear drop =P

yummymilk

hi count, sure will share the pics
happy.gif
not sure abt platinum rings coz we were only looking at white gold. was told that platinum may go out of shape easier if not thick enough.. something like that.. u can always give them a call.. they're very friendly & helpful.

pat, was thinking of an autumn kind of theme.. not sure whether it'll be feasible though
happy.gif

dapipi

Girls: Thanks for everyone's concern over my mum. I just went down to my BS this evening. Was quite dissappointed with the whole thing, esp their service. The way they do the photos is very unprofessional. Even my FH, who usually knows how to control his temper, shot them with a question:" Don't you think that u guys are very unprofessional? With the colours so bright, do u think people are able to c clearly who are in the pix?" It's suppose to be a sunset photo, but the person who did the photograph, added more sunlight onto our face, hence the whole pix ended up very blur. Only after my FH scolded them, then they offered to change the pix back to the original thing. Really quite dissappointed with the whole thing. Becoz of this, the album can only be collected 2 weeks before my wedding. Hoped the album will turn out to be nice.

Pinkbunny: The guest list for both parents' side still ok, they willing to help me ask about the RSVP. the problem lies with FH, still haven't write his invites, everyone already sent out liao, and he's still taking his own sweet time.

newbbi79

Hi pals!

I am back!...

Suishi,
do take care ya..besides, i sms u yest leh ;p.

Linda,
What time are we meeting tmr?cos i need to go compass point to change my bankbook leh and it opens at 11am lor....

kohnancy

hi cocoberry,

Not my idea. I was ok with any arrangement. But both side parent say nt wise to do any shifting during Qing Ming, so wan us to move in our furniture, etc...to the hse b4 Qing Ming.

beenz

oh! No!
now i start to panic. i'm having my AD on 18Jun, father's day too. and haven't contact any JP yet. now i think need to inform my friends early so tat they can arrange their celebration for father's day in advance and not crashed with my Wedding lunch liao.. siao siao siao...

Hi jojo, why not sing your father a song or write a poem? or even invite him for a dance? jus suggesting..:p

lux

hi girls..

coco me using GHA also... =).. today trying the evening gown.. I hope is something I like. Going for the PS next sat..

tissue, ya lah I got a big extended family.. I think 50 boxes a bit too much lah.. than my auntie better yet say last time her daughters marry ask for at least 80 boxes. So When I brought it up last night my dad say go ask my cousins if they pay for part of it or what.. he also a bit caught off with the 50 boxes request.

Actually planning this weddingis killing me, hate it when I have to talk money with my mum because she can be a bit of a prude at time. Although she is awful nice but when it come to ang bao and stuff she's a bit of mercenary. arrgghhh

qq77

morning ladies,

starrynight,
so far cfm coming are you, SDL & JC, snowy and newbbi.
as for suishi, if she is well tml, she will come.
berry, mention coming but never "c" her ard here.

newbbi,
welcome back. How's your holiday?
you enjoy yourself?
they mentioned that they are coming at 11am.
which bank are you gg?

pinkbunny

ade dapipi
relax ok girl? it does seem like alot of things are happening at the same time but they'll all turn out ok (hugs). me too, not very happy with the photos. my face looked very round and bloated in many of them. so much for professional photographers and makeup artists... (i don't usually look so horrible in pics that we take. that's why i was so pissed)

girls
anyone has this prob too: you're giving out invites in the office, some people say 'eh why never invite me' then you feel guilty and you try to squeeze one more place, and then the person says 'actually i can't make it'.

september

shimei, we wont end so early one....u working at ware? orchard? mayb u wan to join us after u knock off? btw, i heard tat drinking fresh goat milk can put on weight....but the milk might hv a strong smell lor...

elsie...tot i was only acting on ur behalf...hee hee

pauline will add u in the list...till nearer date then we will confirm venue and exchange hp no. ok....

sleepysleep

hi girls,
ard how many mths before AD u will update ur relatives and friends abt ur wedding? only know ard 1 mth before AD to send invites?

oh, do u girls have contact for dry cleaning for gowns? estimate how long will it take for dry cleaning?

wtan

hi hi Diana..
wow..u so on for the clubbing..also gd lor..at least u all can also settle for a bachelorette's night nearer to ur wedding..hee..i m sure u all will enjoy it..

hi hi elsie..
pie-say...pie-say..i hvnt had a chance to share out with all..pie-say hor..forgot abt it..it's great to know that u will be joining us for the aussino shopping spree on 10th..seems like majority of us are more keen for the gathering on the 10th hor..also gd lah, i m also looking forward to the 10th to meet up with u all..so that "one of the impt day" i m looking forward to come nearer to me..heehee..

hi hi shimei..
we will most likely meet at 7pm..then usually dinner will ends abt 9+ to 10pm..u can still come & join us aft ur work...can also relax a little..all the ladies are very friendly & easy-going one..maybe the rest of the ladies will have a 2nd-round of coffee break aft the dinner? come lah..nice to be able to join in the rest of the Oct 06 brides-to-be to share abt ur wedding preps..cheers~

suishi

morning all!
mi mc,now back to my mum's hse.

newbbi,
sms??? no lah

newbbi,
how yr holiday? mi planning trip to taiwan too, please

SDL,
how yr holiday

Linda,
me cant confirm, if better i sure will go.

popie

jojo,
i jus went for my photoshoot yesterday. finished both in n outdoor. weather was good. wont be collecting pictures till about 2-3 weeks later. but i took some pics of myself during make up. let me know if u wana see those. =)

mish,
i m a teochew bride. so my day starts early in the morning at 5.30am in the morning for make up. then will go his house, then maybe take picture then go back to my house. cos hubby n me stay nearby, so got more time to do more things.

jus finished my PS. so now time to settle down on the AD details. i hvnt started on those yet. haha.

sdblues

HI Linda/Sushi,

It was a shopping spree hehe.. spend 4 days I think just sufficient to cover about 50% of the mall spaces.. hee.. overall was success lor.. we got the kitchen wares there.. unfortunately the furniture there I think a bit ley chey to buy then ship them
happy.gif

qq77

suishi,
ok ok... sms me.

sdl,
wow.. you and JC must have drop till drop loh.
good for you to got the kitchen wares there loh.

newbbi79

Linda,
berry won't be able to join us tmr cos she need to do something last min...

my holiday huh?GOOD =D...hehe..cold weather there, but enjoyed ourselves the most during the shopping cos the things there are really bery cheap lor...Imagine the socks there selling at less than $1 there lor...

Bought alot of hello kitty things there lor =).

Me going to POSB lor..they opening at 11am lor...can i come at 12pm? ;p.

SDL,
got buy alot of things back?

Suishi,
oh dear..still got fever? u din rec my sms huh?hmm...My holiday good lor...went nite market almost everynite...went there to bargain and the ple there bery friendly one lor...Most important, we liked the weather there =D.

When u going taiwan? thuoght u wanted to go japan?

suishi

linda,
ok.

newbbi,
no sms rec'd yesterday, u got the right no???

heehee...going japan & then to taiwan for shopping cos too exp in japan. now still searching for lower air fares & hotel. i wish to cover tapei man station underground shpping mall, ximenting, danshui lao jie, wu fen pu..etc.

qq77

newbbi,
ok ok...
so now the comfirmed ppl coming are newbbi, SDL & JC, snowy and starrynight.

suishi will cfm again if she is feeling better.

Dear all,
since newbbi is coming ard 12noon, shall we change the time to 12 noon instead, so that food will still be warm when you all come. otherwise you all will sure wait for newbbi and the food will turn cold leow.

apple68

<font color="ff0000">like to seek opinions from Brides having VG</font>

<font color="ff0000">have been looking thru several websites on VG.</font>

<font color="ff0000">Actually, i don't know what I want from VG. For PG, I know exactly the style i want, so is easy to find. For VG, I am lost. I am just concerned about the gate-crash part. And i don't know if filming the whole tea ceremony n dinner is really necessary or important?</font>

<font color="ff0000">what do you discuss with ur VG? Anyone kind enough to shed some light?</font>

happy_bug

hey stormy..do take care k..eat carefully too..i heard tat better avoid chicken till ur scar heals else might get scar!

U looking for ang po box already?? tat is so fast leh and beach theme?? hmm..are you choosing a bikini style kind of wedding gowns too..i love those 2 piece kind..haha...sexy bride we have here!!
happy.gif

tiglet, autumn sounds great, bt you goanna bring props in or jst the dress codes?

me thinking of gg for a forever fever nite theme cos i tik very boring to make the gsts sit down and eat leh..make into a mini dinner and dance so all can dance and enjoy..haha.. :p bt FB scared the older folks dun like..
sad.gif

newbbi79

suishi,
wow, u booked your japan tour yet?with which agent?

Ximenting quite okie lor, there got a shop like This Fashion lor, selling clothes at 100NT = Sing $5....their coat also about 100NT - 290NT for ladies lor, got mens one too...I bought a pair of jeans there also...

U must go Shilin Nitemarket lor...Try going to JiuFen lor... the Tamshui lao jie nothing much to buy one lor...There is a hotel Named RAINBOW at ximenting, tink should be quite ex lor, but mayb u wan to have a look at the price lor...

suishi

newbbi,
finally settled my trip with Dynasty Travel,going 7days during the sakura season.

missed shopping there so going back again. izzit..nothing much at tamshui cos recommend by brides in travel thread?

how the appearane of rainbow hotel? have u seen the new hotel cos constar which near to ximenting too?

angeldust

hi apple,

These are my opinions:
1) looking at VG website is insufficient.
2) if only just the gate crash &amp; tea ceremony, u can take 1/2 day VG
3) dinner usually nothing much except focus on march ins and champagne pouring and such.

What I did was my focus was on PG to capture moments and VG to do event recording. So my std and requirements for VG is not stringent. So as long as its within my budget, not corny, cheesy and boring or technically shaky. I am fine with it.

Also, my hubby and I agreed that an interesting video is due to the actors and actresses, how gung ho they are and how is the event planned for the day.. but a PG pics relies on skills and angles. So ya.. its up to u..
happy.gif

sdblues

Hi newbbi!!!
yea.. we got alot of stuff, lucky we were a few kilos short of the max limit when we were at immigration..
the stupid thing is the departure flight back home.. the agency never include the airport tax of 500baht/person.. so pek chek..

Jojo,
How abt doin a photo montage and frame it up? select photos of you and him from young till now and do up a photo montage then frame it up.. it'll be meaningful for him too..or maybe can get him a watch?

Sleepysleep,
For me, I already verbally inform my relatives &amp; friends on my wedding during Chinese New Year so you juz need to send them the invites ard 3weeks to 1 mth before your AD. Can also do it immediately after GDL..For me, I intend to do it immediately after GDL which is 3 wks b4 my wedding cos can send them the confectionery as well ma..
As for the dry cleaning part..cant help you on that..but i tink there's one shop in Junction 8 B1 doing it..

angeldust

apple,

oh yes. If u intend to get express highlights, then note the editing skills.. since i lowered my expectations for VG, i balanced the 2 by getting a soft approach for PG (Ray Ong) and Ninetrogen for VG (event capturing) instead of say.. taking fabian lim or treasure pdn for romantic or extreme funni ones like TWP and Moomedia. which in any cases all 4 were out of my budget. ke ke ke ke
happy.gif

dolphin48

sdl, u seldom go bkk one ah.... .the airport tax in bkk is always never included one....

wah, me so long never come in to this thread....

qq77

hi daphne,
finally you appear, din see you for quite a long time leow.

sdl,
what daphne said is correct. the bkk airport tax is never included. you have to set aside 500 baht each when departing from bkk. actually the agency shd mention it to you when you collect your tix.

elven_princess

apple68,
i visisted at least 8 VGs before i decided on mine. All of them have diff styles: some go for the funny style (they make fun of the couple in a cute way), some go for the romantic style (makes u tear), some go for the MTV-style kind (very hip). In my opinion, theres no good or bad VG, everyone of them is unique in their own way. U have to go down, see their works, talk to them, &amp; understand their styles. When me &amp; hubby just started looking for VGs, i was asking him how diff can the VG be, just point &amp; shoot rite? I wanted to go for the cheaper packages some VGs are offering, but after we visisted so many of them, i finally get the idea of 'U pay what u get'. Im glad my hubby takes charge of all these stuff &amp; convinced me to look around, cos' im not very organised. hee.It helps to get ideas from your friends too, like recommendations, etc.
happy.gif
Most VGs i saw were very nice, no one pressured us to sign on the spot so we were able to take our time to choose.
happy.gif

newbbi79

Linda,
paisei to make u all change the time for me..heehee...tks...

Suishi,
so how many daysd u intend to go?meaning u come bk to spore and take plane to taiwan?

Rainbow hotel looks ok to me lor..one thing is, if u stay in hotels near ximenting, of cos it will be ex cos more acessible mah...

SDL,
really huh??ten in e end, u got extra cash?

Starrynite,SDL,snowy,
so we meet at Sengkang mrt/LRT control station at 12pm okie? i hope i won't be late ;p.

sdblues

Hey newbbi!
Me and JC will be heading directly to Linda's place, cuz we will be nearby at friend plc before heading there
happy.gif
JC knows the plc quite well..

the trip we have overbudgeted cuz of the cheap stuff lor.. and the restaurants are so cheap!

lilic

<font color="0077aa">hi mitzi

have you gotten your BS? which one? i tot they should have mua for you?? or you doing ala carte? if you have BS, maybe its easier to shortlist from there...

i have some names of professional mua (those employed under the one-stop BS excluded in my discussion).. but i think they arent really cheap if you go to them on a personal basis.. trial + PS + AD minimum 1k.. do you take this as affordable?

good or not, i think its subjective.. coz each of us has a different style.. i cannot reco you coz i dun really know your style or preference.. for eg, some btb said this particular mua is very good, coz she looks natural for AD.. but we thought that she looks older than she should in the pics coz mu wasnt good..

kekek, actually i got a long list of mua that i crossed out rather than those i like.. =p

you can also flip thro the mag to see the works of the mua and shortlist those you like.. the credits are always provided.. then you can call and talk to them...

for your info, other than style, i look for hygenie, brands of mu, if the mua do hair nicely too and also if we can click... finally if i am the first bride of the day (coz i dun want to cater to other bride's timin).. kekeke</font>

qq77

newbbi,
not much a problem lah. then i can sleep more. kekekeke...

SDL,
wow... so how much did you bring there to spend.
btw, what time will you be at my hse since you are not meeting them?

dolphin48

sdl, u got go for massages? hee...... now i'm dreaming of bkk liao...... can't wait to tuck into their shark fins and bird nest....