(2006) Brides of year 2006

teng2

hi all...hahah....how come non-cookers seem to like ovens so much huh? I told my FH that the first thing I want for my new house down the road is an oven then a bathtub and a walk in wardrobe..cos I have countless handbags..really a lot...haha...

yup, was thinking of taking Pinnacle flats...but considering I'm a direct purchaser...the cash I need to come out with is 40 over k....seems so much leh...so wanted to go for resale flats..bigger mah..

lux

Teng,

I thought can pay by CPF... no?? pay 10% first than when get keys they do the deduction for another 10%..so still got time to save up..

Bbear.. ai yah dont remember me of our age man! when they get married they not even our age this year! Ai yoh ....

The oven thing is because I am a sucker for pastries and stuff.. so absolutely needs it. I have tons of dessert cook book.. hoho.. waiting for the day I can try out receipes! I have my oven at home but my mum is the 'martha steward' so no choice is her territory.. everything do also must ask.. =P

teng2

haha....no leh...after deduction etc...come up to 40 over k of cash money to top up...they did the calculations for me...
not taking it...cos my current flat may be undergoing en block soon and by then, can pay for it with my FH and my cpf..

sugarbabe

hi bug bear,

actualli looking at kallang area, cos near my parents then can get 40k grant mah or nt 30k if far from them...

aiya, u where gt old?! at least nw u r financial than me ah.. if can, i will get married older then CPF got more money then dun nid to worry so much....

bugbear

Hhmm...i went to kpo at the pinnacles as well. Find the location not too bad...quite city...but think if u want the deco to be similar to the showflats, wah...have to dump in a sum leh.

Sugar...being older doesn't mean financially sound leh...hehhe...actually, i haven't really been working long...so my CPF is also very ke lian...and cos i used $$ for studies, i practically is a poor soul ...heheh...not much better or maybe even worse off than u are...

good to marry young also lah...then can have more time for the er ren shi jie before the kid comes along mah :D

sugarbabe

hi bugbear, i mean generally lah nt u alone... :p ya, marring young oso ve its cons too like cant spend time with frds, financial tie-dn (house installment etc.) so u used CPF $$ for studies, wat cos u took??

bugbear

sugar...no lah...i can't use CPF to study...i studied overseas for my deg and now studying in NUS for masters...as i am doing part-time at NUS, so i cannot use CPF. So basically, all my savings goes to paying for tution fees lor...

Heheh...yah...marrying young also got cons...don worry so much about house...slowly pay by CPF...afterall, CPF cannot take out and use...so use it on house lor.

U actively looking for a hse now?

lux

me also 26 this year and dump money into studies! we are poorer than church mice now! sigh.. the only consolation is that the house me and FH no need to top up with cash. However that's abt it lah..

I like the idea of marrying young actually.. because you can have a kid after 2 years of marriage and still be in your 20s! At the rate I am going I probably going to be a 'gao lin chan fu' hmmm!

Bugbear,

I was browsing the bridal mag (impulsive buy!!! but got a 20% so not that bad lah.. however that will be the last one for this year at least) and find out if you book in the same year sure cheaper! You know marina mandarin is offering for $600 nett per table with freeflow for dates this year?!

And also a lot of others promotion.. think if not 'pantang' abt dates can book the same year but your bridal salon that one have to plan beforehand lah.. comtemplating that... or sign up during your chosen resturant/hotel bridal show..more perks!

sugarbabe

bugbear,

oic, i thought u using CPD.. heehee.... me oso studying but luckily company sponsored.. ya, nw actively lookinf for hse, any lobang?? *winks*

ling,
me oso saw marina mandarin having promo, v cheap!! if i'm wearing braces sure book 1.. heehee

bugbear

Ling...me same as u lor...by the time we AD and plan for kids, we really gao lin chan fu liao ar
sad.gif

Yes yes...marina is VERY cheap for this year...but they have increased their price for 2005 already...the weekday package itseld if $708nett...basically, instead of 2 different packages for weekdays, they combined and increase $20 of the higher package...and they remove a lot of perks...to make it as additional perks if u commit more tables...sigh...i intially also wanted to sign with marina...then when i emailed the coordinator then i learnt of the new package...then strike off liao...

Anyway, my FH just went for his friend's wedding last night at MArina...he say the ballroom VERY dim ,food wise ok ok...deco also ok...not say very grand lor...

Ling, was flipping thru her world brides the other day...like a lot of hotels got promo for 2004 and alot of hotels all increase their price quite significantly for 2005. Heard that 2005 is a really good year for marriage...just hope that 2006 they won increase...

Hhmm...no lah...i don think i will go any other BS liao. Quite confirmed to go for Flamingo...paiseh don sign with flamingo also lor....me meeting Montage photographers this weekend to talk about the entire BS package...see what montage can offer.

U quite confirm concorde already izzit?

teng2

my brother is having his banquet at marina this coming oct2004...already $808.00..on a saturday..saw the ballroom liao...had a short aisle but nice cocktail area cos we are just beside the winding staircase leading up from a lounge...so look kinda grander...forgot which level though...

I also very broke....all this while FH saved first..after finishing my exams...a big load off...at least financially..even if repeat..its modular so cheaper..spent so much liao..so now calculating to year 2006 will have enuff lor...

hey strange leh, when pple ask me when we intend to marry, I told them year 2006, some say .."good time to start planning liao" yet others say "huh? so long ah"..really don't know if I'm early or late...aiyah, but don't care much...cos I have like minded frens here to share the same thoughts :D

bugbear

Teng...i feel that it's never too early to start...cos things change about lor...especially if like me...tight budget, then a lot of things to consider lor...i have been shortlisting and re-shortlisting my venue...hahah...change from weekend to weekday, to weekend :D

Anyway, since your exams are over, u can have more time to plan, this and that..hhehe

U start planning ur budget for banquet and stuffs already? when i first started...a lot of friends told me that i should draw up a list of items, then allocate a budget to it...then roughly u will know how much u need...where u can cut or add more...hope it will help u too
happy.gif

bugbear

yah...especially when some hotels do let u lock in their banquer rates...but some will not allow
happy.gif

Same goes for BS.

duckling78

hi teng teng

can tell me more on how they calculate to derive that u need to pay 40k more. i went to the showflat but did not enquired. cos i tot by 2009 should be enough for cpf since need to pay 10% first and 10% LATER WHEN RECEIVED KEY.

teng2

don't really remember...cos they don't allow us to take back the calculated figures (sheet of paper)

what they did was use the flat's amount minus our cpf then take into account our combined salary, then determine the sum the bank is likely to lend. makes up to about 47k for the first payment then to take the key about 54k....(cash if cpf is not enuff)

lux

Yaya..

me also remember if you buy BTO is you pay 10% first then another 10% when you get the keys.. because a few of my frds are on this scheme.

anyway dont go to the bank just do it at HDB.. i know the no interest and stuff sounds attractive. However too good to be true.. A lot of catches one..

cindeekoh

hello people

nice reading all the messages...i too am gonna be a 2006 bride. actually 2 dec 2006. both of us gonna be teachers so can only make it during the holz. sighz...cant even get our aniversary date in sept.

anyway we have been looking ard too. considering we only have the holz to plan...we have kinda decided on our BS...bridal concept at bugis...we got a really gd price...$2888. that is after we remove the car, deco, hand bouquet and etc...cos we can have access to them. so that price is basically one MTM WG, MTM EG, one tea dress and one pair of men's suit, father's suit thrown in as well, and photography. We felt in love with the photography because they are very creative...not like the rest ...others we went to...we just kept on seeing the same places...just diff faces...most importantly, their service is very gd. all warmth and smile. sincere too. hard to find. i had a fren who just had a wedding with them and she has praises for them too. hence gonna pay the deposit in dec...when we have our holz. hehe...you gers can go and have a look...

anyone booked with hotels yet?

cin

bugbear

Hi Cindee,

Wah...ut BS package is quite good. Is your EG to keep or for rent? Reckon men's suit is to keep, right?

I have just signed my BS only...hotels not yet...cos most hotels, the packages for 2006 is not out yet and most of them are not open for bookings as well...but i have been looking ard and talking to some coordinators...just to understand their packages as well as to do some budgeting. Tight budget
sad.gif

Have u shortlisted any hotels?

U got your date already ar? Went to a geomancer? Or just happen to like that date?

cindeekoh

both of us are Christians so we dun go for geomancy...no offence though...
bounce.gif

hahah as for the date..here is the story...considering we would hv finish doing all the necessary marking for final yr exam papers...that would be the third wk of nov...that would give us one wk to prepare for the wedding...after the first wk of dec...can hv time to go for honeymoon..b4 coming back during the third wk to start preparing for new sch yr...sad rite...haha...bet no one plan in so much details...no choice lah...we have too fixed a schedule. wat to do...sighz...

which BS did u sign with? my EG is for rent i think. men's pants to keep.

for the hotels, i have shortlisted 6 thus far. Grand Hyatt, Pan Pac, Amara, Oriental, Carlton and Mandarin Orchard. Gonna go down to take a look at their ballrooms and see if i like it. We eliminate quite a number of venues like Goodwood Park cos the max capacity is only 23..and we have so far abt 50 tables. so we need the space...ya...the 2006 packages not out yet...so a bit sian when it comes to deciding on the venues. so hope that the looking ard will help me decide on the venue...my bf leaves everything up to me...hehehe...of course..he has to agree with the choice too.

have made an appt to go down to Grand Hyatt tomo. can always let you know the prices if you are interested. max cap is 70 and min 30. think the rooms very very nice..slurp slurp..hehe...

which hotels have u shortlisted? and what are the reasons? share yr insights...so i can be more vigilant.

cin

cindeekoh

oh bugbear

you said you have spoken to some coordinators. Which hotels are they working for? were they nice? cos some whom i spoke to were not as pleasant as they were before hearing the year of the wedding.

how did you tackle them then?

cin

lux

Hi girls..

Ok.. Seems like I am kinda late ald!!

I am trying to decide if wanna book the hotel first or what... seeing how much discount you get if you book the same year.. a bit tempting to hold on till beginning of 2006 to book..

bugbear

Hi Cindee,

For 50 tables, Grand Haytt is actually quite nice. Been there and with 50 tables, u will be able to get the entire floor...exclusive.

Oriental currently not taking in any bookings cos they are undergoing reno and after reno, their packages are going to increase. They are going to increase height of their ballroom ceiling, etc.

Meritus Mandarin is nice as well if u have large table number, to fill the entire ballroom. The coordinators a bit 'tao'...when i called to enquire about their packages, they asked me to go to their front-desk to get the brochure
sad.gif

Heheh...i have a tight budget of not more than 800 per table for weekends (trying not to exceed that), so there is actually quite limited choice of hotels that i can look into. very sad...but no choice...have dumped all our savings into studies and hse
sad.gif

Pan pac (pacific ballroom) is also another alternative for u...they cater up to 65 tables (i think) but the package is too steep for me...at $888 per table.

So currently, i am looking into Rasa Sentosa, i loved the area...Merchant Court...big pillarless ballroom and package is affordable. But bcos i have only about 40 tables...hence, MC is ok for me...but for u, MC mac is only about 50-55 tables (i think) so might not be so comfortable for u...just in case ur guest list increases.

If you have the budget, u can try Marriott. The ballroom is quite nice and the weekend menu looks good as well.

Let me know wot kind of budget u are looking at...i have quite a few packages...

Hahha...same goes for me...but bcos i am contemplating between Dec 05 and June 06...cos my date depends on when my hse will be ready...supposed to be ready end 05, latest June06...

cindeekoh

hey gers

wow...really? heard somegd comments from fren's frens who had their wedding there. had to postpone my appt with hyatt cos my best fren cant make it...my bf on holz mah..
sad.gif

you sure oriental is gonna jack up their prices? dear me...just hope not too much...but their max is only 50 tables.

dun fancy 'tao' coordinators...but when i called mandarin...even though they heard that i am having my wedding in 06, the operator still transfer me to this guy called francis...he is really nice lei...maybe it is cos it was over the phone..so cant tell much. planning to make appt for hyatt and mandarin on the 7th july...think by then i will have more things to say.

MC was intially one of the choice too..but thot the location may be diff to find esp for overseas guests...so rather find a more centralized location...maybe i really should check out MC. were the people there nice? i love nice service...hehe the main reason why i sign with Bridal Concept.
happy.gif

Think Marriot is too ex...we wanna work within a comfortable sum of money...actually we are not paying for the dinner..his parents are...butof course...they get all the hongbaos...bf suggested it...cos he realized this is becoming a common practice. thot abt it and agreed...cos i dun wan to worry myself with such big an amt. can channel our money and attention into other preparations and the house..even then, we dun wan to anyhow choose a hotel and make his parents broke...
lol.gif

what packages do u have on hand?

oh ya...forgot pan pac and oriental were really sweet abt the whole thing when i said i wan mine in 2006. they said they can make an exception and come up with the package for 2006. guess it is cos i explain i need to confirm with overseas guests before their schedules get filled up...which is true lahz..hehehe...

maybe u gers can think of something too..hehe. heard from people they fail to book their hotels even though they were 2 yrs early. cos pp booked liao...my fren's bro is one of the victims...sighz...that is why looking ard for hotels fast loh...

sighz...never know there is so much work involved in the planning...are u gers planning the main bulk of it too? most of my ger frens also planning on their own..their FH play minimum role...hahaha..guess they are just notgd with planning...hehee

cin

cindeekoh

hello gers

just called hyatt to cancel my appt and the ger whom i spoke to, jamie, was really nice abt the whole thing. When told that e wedding is gonna be in 2006, she did say that the package for 2006 is not out yet but if we sign the package with them, they will give me the rates as published then...that is if i sign this yr for 2006, i will get the price for this yr...if i sign next yr..i will get the price for next yr...at no additional charge..

hmm..seems very nice people to me...cant wait to see their ballrooms.

maybe u gers can request for things like this with other hotels and see what they say.

cin

bugbear

Hi Cindee...good to hear that you met nice coordinators...

Ooh...Lucky you that your FIL are paying for the banquet. me and my FH headaches man! We are paying everything ourselves...so need to be very careful with our budget.
happy.gif

cindeekoh

ya. indeed a blessing...why dun u try restuarants? confirm cheaper...and food is also better...just added noble house to our list..it is under tung luk....abt 400 -500 plus...quite a deal.

we see our wedding as a challenge to save money..

we do the cards ourselves. basically just cut pix from magazine and doing collage on the small colored piece of paper. those double sided ones...cant even open as a decent card. these are only for those relatives...for church pp and frens..we gonns send email. save money manz. then our BS ..we gonna get one of our relatives' car..lexus..so quite gd...then one of my fren gonna be driver...bf's mom used to be a florist..so she gonna deco the car and church deco..and hand bouquets...getting frens to help in videography also..one of our frens who is very into photography will do the exact day photography...look along this line and u can surely save a lot of money. on our own, we also ot a tight budget...so trying all means to cut down costs for the rest of the preparations...we are still trying to come up with ways to save cost...hehee trying to put everything below $10,000. try asking frens who are experts in these areas to do. otherwise ended up paying for hidden costs.

so jia u kies, bugbear
happy.gif

cin

yamiyogurt

hi gals,

this thread certainly moves fast... me was sick hence MIA after posting the first message.
happy.gif

bugbear,
me thinking of hyatt (cos my father won his first dance competition there so i think that place has special meaning to him ) or mandarin marina. my FH likes merchant court and conrad.
but we have budget too, hope to keep to within abt 850 per table, so hotels like conrad might not be within budget lah
sad.gif
bugbear u realli did extensive research, me attending a rasa wedding later thing year, let u know how's the fodd etc.... but i already heard raving comments from my bride who is gog to hold her wedding there soon.

someone suggested earlier on to go JB rackee BS together rite? i think it's a great idea....maybe sign up together will have bulk discounts. me keen on BS from JB.... price is certainly one BIG factor.... plus can go places like desaru to take pics... sounds good.

Is it true that some pple didnt manage to book their hotels even 2 years in advance?? sounds scary... ... but my FH sometimes gives me the 'is it too early for that' look when i suggest shortlisting hotels fr customary or BS.... haiz...guess they not as excited as us gals...

Cindee, i am amazed at ur network manz...sure save u lotsa money. :p

yamiyogurt

Ling,

u bought ur cooker hoob and stuff yet? i got mine at a shop in geylang. technogas SR88 (i think....) cooker hoob plus stove only 540... me saw at courts selling at seven hundred plus....
so far working fine
happy.gif
let me know if u need the number.

bugbear

Cindee...u really plan all ur stuffs liao...so good. I still got loads to plan and worry
sad.gif

Yami...i also loved Conrad!! The first time i stepped into the ballroom, i loved it till now...so far, have seen a few ballrooms...but none really catches my attention as conrad ballroom...but their prices is really very high and they are increasing again for 2005...quite substantially
sad.gif

duckling78

after what teng teng have siad i am quite worried. cos if really need to come out with the money is not possible.

Wow see many new frenz here. Hi yami, u have bought tenogas, are u aware that if next time u need to check u may need to get the same brand. this is what happened at my parent house i think we have change 2 and we can't change to other brands becos of it size, the rest may not fit into the hole.

anyone goin to the imperial bridal fair?

teng2

Hi yaya...the calculations they did for me actually depends a lot on the cost of the unit you are roughly looking at as well as the combined cpf or you and your FH. The later $57k can be taken from your cpf too..

would be better if you can have a check with HDB with regard to your loan status, eligibility and the amounts you need to come up with.........cos I have just started work not long ago...and my own cpf is not much........

lux

Hi Yami..

Technogas so cheap meh!!! My mum's favourite brand actually.. when we change her stove to a Turbo one she was like.. Hmmm!! Anyway 500+ is cheap! Did you buy an oven as well? Want!! I want the number and address!

imperial fair? when huh... If wanna go sure to be me alone one. Call FH go this kinda he cannot be bother to... Anyway yaya regarding the HDB loan if you and FH have at least $50k in it think you are rather safe.

Oh regarding the BS.. you girls considering to take 'transfer' package from ard here? Someone offering Santiago in the forum at a very attractive price!! I think those also quite cheap..Although no 1.3k lobang lah

yamiyogurt

sure, let me go home find the contact. still at work
sad.gif
. yaya, i dun intend to change to other brands for cooker hob & stove so soon - best can use forever.....keke.... think it might be the same for other brands cos must 'cut' hole to install the stove etc.

i dun dare to commit to a BS yet leh, cos AD supposed to be in 2006 ...tat's two years away....

think conrad too ex for both of us bugbear....
sad.gif

i better not go see it again (attended a dinner & dance there b4), in case all the other hotel ballrooms pale in comparison to conrad
happy.gif

cindeekoh

yupz...conrad is real posh and real ex..the other time we were there...we were so impressed even woth the lift that we said staying in the lift is as gd as staying in a hotel rm...hahah...

hotel hunting this 2 wks. hope to confirm by the end of the yr...so can get it out of my way. 8 venues now...hoping to be left with 3...hehee...
suppose to have 50 tables...now reducing it to 35-40...easier to work with...and after hearing how come pp dun turn up..we rather hv less tables...

bugbear

Hi Yami...yah lor...Conrad is THE ballroom that i loved best leh...actually, i a bit regret went to conrad to view...now i kind of used it to compare with other hotels
sad.gif
unless i do weekdays...else i can carry on dreaming for conrad ballroom...or unless i strike toto!!
bounce.gif

Hi Cindee...which are the hotels that you have targeted? ur PILs are going to view the venue with you?

Yah...think 35-40 tables would be easier to handle
happy.gif

Wah...so fast settle your hotels...what abt ur BS? settled already?

cindeekoh

hotels listed
amara (seeing the set up this coming sat and talking through the package)
hyatt (appt on 7th july)
mandarin orchard (appt on 7th july)
crown prince (seeing them tomo)
noble house
carlton
pan pac (waiting for comment on food. heard ambience is very gd though)
oriental

nope..they not viewing it with me..i go on my own then show them what i have gotten...and my views towards it..but they did give me pointers ..like no pillars...not too dark...
happy.gif

as for BS...gonna sign with Bridal Concept this dec...but may ask for further reduction of price cos i may not wanna get gown from them...went to graceful image...wow....super nice!!...feel l;ike a princess manz...$1500 for MTM...bf said he will leave everything up to me..since i am the one wearing it..heheh...but u should go wear the gowns...wow...speechless...but dun ever feel pressured to sign..cos they are rather pushy...we had to be very persistant..cos din like the photography...ssshhh dun tell them lahz...in my opinion at least...

think i am quite fast for a 2006 bride...hehe...i dun like things last min one leiz

cin

yamiyogurt

Hi gals,

here's the number to call for technogas cooker hoob & stove: 67483367 (Lion City Electrical Store)
Located at 684 Geylang Rd (pls call the number above for exact location)

Model number for stove is SR88 (three 'outlets/vent ; quite modern look)
cooker hoob is TB98 (slim type - stainless steel)

I called up just now to ask them for quotes again and he quoted me SGD600 for both. I quite sure i paid abt 550-570 onli, so i think u gals must bargain a bit if interested in getting.

Can visit Courts / Best to look at the models u like b4 calling up to order. think the auntie better, will give disc. (i spoke to uncle today)

remember to bargain..... (esp if u r buying more things in their shop. tell them ur frens bought a lot of things from them liaoz. tell them ur frens stay in pasir ris. my aunt & myself bought two sets from them in apr/may) keke.... i long winded sia...

lux

Hey Yami..

Thanks! Me wanna get 1 set of the appliances with the oven so die die will ask for cheaper one.. haha...

Anyway I went to their warehouse sales before... and the cooker only 175-300! very cheap! and what's more is new one!!

Hey me no yet renovate the house even machiam like ready to furnish it ald.. hehehe

scobido

hi all

i also wana join in the jb bs hunt can?

wow, a lot of new 2006 brides! hello! =)

wah, a cooker need to cost so much huh :p

me also thinking like ling, want to buy this and that even though hse is not renovated yet haha

yamiyogurt

hi moo....

sure, we can try to organise a trip down to jb bs... but must find people with gd sense of direction to go along...if now scarli get lost there...

i searched high and low for a cheap cooker & hoob and that geylang one is the cheapest i can find. technogas didnt hold any warehouse sale when i was looking leh. but actually i bought thsoe for my parent's house. new place not ready yet.

when u start buying stuff then will realise a lot of things veri ex....i didint know a toilet bowl cost 300 plus... so ex...and it's just a toilet bowl...no design or anything. but there is always warehouse sale like ling mentioned....must keep a lookout...can save some money...

cindee u v organised ! i tried panpac food b4, not bad
happy.gif
but so far my fav (in terms of food lah) is marina madanrin... (but i have not been to a lot of hotels lah) .

cindeekoh

geesh...thanks yami...yupz...like things organized

went to five hotels today actually...hyatt, marriot, holiday inn,crown prince and mandarin...now meritus mandarin is my first choice...hyatt and marriot...wow..too ex...hyatt, 868, marriot, 888. am not willing to pay so much. crown prince and holiday inn, their ballroom got pillars...then have to think of the guests...cos some table cant really see...a pity though...holiday inn has quite nice rm...and crown prince...the food heard very gd...and wendy their coordinator..very nice to talk to...very warm and friendly...but in the end, it was the ballrooms layout...

mandarin 803..but their perks super good loh...very accomodating and easy going...2 nights bridal suite stay...asked for quite a number of stuff and i was given...service very gd...i am already very confident that they can take care of everything till the very end. heard the food there very gd...

pan pac is removed from my list...sighz...nice ambience..but for 808 and only 1 night...i might as well take mandarin.

going to merchant court and amara on sat. cant wait manz...and waiting for oriental to send me their new package. hehe...

yami, so the food in marina mandarin is really very gd huh? maybe i should go take a look myself...anyway...down to 4 hotels...mandarin, amara, merchant court and oriental.
happy.gif

icecream

Hi Cindee,
I'm also a 2006 bride. just wondering if the prices you quoted above are for 2006? cos i understand that they will increase prices every year...
sad.gif

cindeekoh

hello blur and icecream

you can speak to the hotel...meritus mandarin will honor the price for 2005 even if the wedding is gonna be at 2006...already got jan 06 brides booked with them liao..

have better to check with the hotels you wan. some are able to extend and honor the rate from the time u sign, like mandarin and hyatt, some dun allow and even if u sign in 2005...once the 2006 package comes out, you will be charged the increase, like merchant court, holiday inn and crown prince. different hotels operate differently. so you better ask loh.

preci0usm0ments

thanks cindee
happy.gif

Wondering if anyone can help, actually i'm quite confused with the process for booking with CHIJmes. Do we just rent the hall and look for our preferred caterer? Or jus approach Kriston and they will settle everything? Does Hyatt still caters for CHIJmes?