(2006) Brides of year 2006

marnie

Huh? Now everyone is meeting at Tanjong Pagar - raiding Hazel's BS is it?
rofl.gif

jacquise

Hi Purpleblur!

Me too doing PS in March & hopefully albums ready by June or so. My FH says that he want focus on the flat after June. Im also brainstorming for PS locations. Wrote to Scarlet Hotel to request to take PS there, but they said only room and the jacuzzi (somemore with a disclaimer that we cant disturb other guests.) Sigh.

kaye

Lipstar,
Dun thank me leh...
I felt so useless there...
I never fail in bargaining esp its 1 pic only...
I only start warming up...testing water of their attitude.

U dun feel the pain..I do leh..
The more I think...the more heartpain I m...
U dun ve to spend tat amt one...

I really want to "kick" the BS shop.
If not bcos I c yr FH & U so quiet...I really rather spent an hr there kick tat BS & ask them to wake up!
I dun expect yr BS to be like mine...serving us coffee & tea plus candies...also snacks when they know we haven eaten lunch.

But U r the customer there...N how can the pax serving U chatting with the other lady..
Then I haven finish shooting the lady boss, N she jux walk off like tat.
So rude.
Also, who said classic cant ve 2 or 3 pic in the same pg? Mine can...
N when I asked if yrs is digital, wouldnt it be so thing...N that lady still dare to ans me YES, NO CHOICE..only 11 pgs..its like tat...
*faint..how can she ans me this way...
tat means abt 5pcs only...SUPER thin..
somemore cant c the layout saying its STANDARD!
wat if U dun like their layout or didnt touch up properly? then their ans would be No Choice, its standard...
Also, 1 look, I c yrs. Got some part will ve diffulty in having digital. (got few pic with only 1 backgnd)
it doesnt flow well...
but I still know how to arrange it to make it flow.
of cos..adding a few more pic will flow better.
but its still ok...cos got a few can ve mirror image or crop it to make it seems like more pic.
there4, make it thicker...

aiyoo...still got other things..
sorry ah..I know its not my BS..but I really cant stand it.

N yes, pls chk yr receipt to chk if U can get the proof back.
If didnt written, call them up..
if U go there shopping, ask them to write B&W on the receipt..
They r the kind tat U must treat them harsh!
else would eat U up.
they everything see the receipt...if they never write..they can argue, they never promise U..

kaye

ya hor...Now I realized it..all going to my BS...hahahaaa...
gd also..

but pls recognise me hor...
I very bad at recognising ppl....

email4adel

hi girls... sorry not to be back since so long... hmm.. everyone into additional pictures or not right now... actually i think when confirming package, better to "dig" as many as pics as possible, if not once confirm package liao, want more pics, sure kena "slaughter"... personally i think $65 or $85 is too ex...

how you girls doing? hows the preparation going so far? i feel that i have aged so much within the month with all the house reno n weddin preps going on together.. bad idea... but no choice liao...

hope everythin is going fine for all April 2006 brides ... !!

Happy Holidays!!

greta

Hi ebell,
I just confirm the timing with the church so now waiting for the printer to give me the draft invites for our approval. My insert will hv church + dinner invitation printed together. I'll DIY church cards for some 20-40 guests that are only attending the church ceremony. Quite hard work lor cos I spent 3nights to do/arrange the chinese wordings but satisfying at the end of day. Now I'm doing the map thing...more difficult...if the effect no good, I'll get the printer to do it.

Hi bbsquid,
Wow $3k to open gate very siong leh...Is yr fren quite well off so the jiemei take more than wat they give?

count

Roidana, it's on Sunday afternoons and will last 5 weeks. U can call TOUCH up to find out what classes they have available. Think the course will be useful for us. Heh

Wah storm, u went so early on ah? Did u go for those courses suitable for couples considering marriage, rather than engaged couples? Cos they seem to have many courses. But u're not ks lah. We're going for the course by TOUCH and also the one by my church cos it's compulsory. So I'm doubly ks! Kekekekek

Wah ivy, the package seems quite comprehensive. But afraid i cannot give u gd advice cos i'm quite lost abt the specs for photo albums. Didn't shop ard much for photo albums and focused more on the PG's style instead. But i notice the package seems to lack some things - groom's shirt and pants, trial and PS make-up. U may also want to find out how much they charge for top-ups of gowns and how likely it is tt u'll have to top-up for ur gowns... Hope this helps =)

dreamdoll

Hi all,

I am new to this thread and am also a Sept 06 bride...

Dinner venue - Conrad & another place yet to fix
Wedding Gown only - Allure & JWM
Evening Gown - VW & Amanda Lee
Pre-wedding shoot photographer - Chor Hui (Beetles @ Work)
Actual Day Photographer - 39 East & / or Ron Lee
Actual Day Videographer - Yet to fix
MUA - Sophia
Honeymoon - The US

Still kinda in the midst of preps..
happy.gif

How's everyone else doing?

lipstar

Hazel: Girl, don't worry about being talking too much.
340925.gif
I also despise my BS. That is why I keep calling it Bullsh!t.

I disliked them
kao_frustrated.gif
ever since I witnessed for myself how INFLEXIBLE they are, when they refused to let me go for my fitting of my MTM gowns 4 days before the actual PS because "it would be too early". I can only go for my fitting 3 days before my PS. -_-

I was also quiet after a few tries (of trying to negotiate for more pics) because I can tell that the lady boss simply won't give in. To me, you already tried very hard, but her NO means NO
340926.gif
. So I gave up.

After that, I was feeling even more angry and indignant after you told me Jean's BS is in IMM, ie, a local BS and not a BS in Johor. It was only then I realised I was being cheated by more than half. (Jean's 4R @ $5 each as compared to my 3R @ $12/each.)

Moreover, the more i look at the pictures, the $12 each pictures, they are actually 3R, and after minusing the 1-cm thick white border, the pics only left 2.5R.
rofl.gif

popie

dreymin. tsk tsk tsk.
nono.gif
hehehe. we brainstorm ideas together lah.

chipdale, ur list very comprehensive. i actually forgot a few things in the list. think that is about all that we need to do bah. i dun hv more in my list leh.
anyway, for wedding shoes, i bought it from Isetan wisma. jus happen to go shopping n found it. but for me i dun really place alot of emphasis on shoes. cos i think with the gown cant really see. maybe for EG or CS or kwa will need to get a better pair of shoes.

btw, will u all be wearing kwa? match wat shoes nice huh?

lipstar

Hello Adeline! I just finished my photo selection, though it didn't turn out as smooth.

The pictures were ok, but several ideas that we specifically wanted and showed the photog the printouts, he couldn't capture the feel or image.
kao_sad2.gif
, Other than that, overall the pictures were quite ok.
happy.gif

ebell

Greta: HOw to do the Chinese words? My Mariott one need leh. FH goin to do the cards himself. Cos we need only 200 pcs of 2 sets of wordings thus no worth to go to printer.

Wat verse did u choose? mine is "Ecc 3:11 He has made everthing perfect in its time". Met my coordinator at Mariot yesterday. She say can print this verse on every menu and signages. & I choose the Ching Chong red & gold theme...oriental mah...Was supose to meet florist for zoo but postpone to next wk.

Map, use transparent paper rt? My fren did one for us nice leh. Normal printer can liao.Else sunday u bring I help u see
happy.gif

Ur songs chosen yet?

Hey ur corsages settled yet? Sunday got some fleemarket at Clarkquay selling corsages. I got my angpow box liao...q silly but cute. Full red box with some cute cows...hhehe suit my zoo leh..& dun nid to put any ribbons etc. $8.90 ex?

kaye

Lipstar,
I didnt try tat hard lah...
Frankly speaking, some of the unselcted pic r quite nice but I kept quiet...
cos no point asking U to top up when yr objective is to cut pic & save $$$.
Wat's more, the PG only mgt to capture the "motion" but not the "emotion"
N I hate tat lady boss..dun want to let her earn the $$...
heheeee...I know I m bad...
jux tat I cant stand her...
maybe cos I m a service-oriented pax...
BS is a service industry..N I expect service fr them. Not pushing me thousand kms away...
Its worst than my ex-BS.

N U also very funny...saying 3R becomes 2.5R

4get to add few more complaints..
Ooopssss...
Did they makeup on yr FH? I know yr FH is dark..but the dark circles r darker..
Also, remember to chk the album with yr proofs.
CHECK ONE BY ONE.
ensure its the same pic..
also any color chg
most importantly, make sure they ve touch up.

summer1979

Hi gals,

Woo so happy to see all of u so spontanous and sharing wedding idea/information.

For my wedding preparation most of thing hv been settle except go for try gown & photoshoot.

Now waiting for my ROM on 26th Mar'06.

Me oso keen on pre-wedding lesson but where can i go attend? (Summer1979 blur)

I am a free thinker while bf is toaism.

Brgds/Summer

kaye

Lipstar,
I told my FH abt yr pic selection last night...
He "scolds" me for being too meddlesome..
saying yr FH keeps quiet..N y I talk so much.
I also understand tat..tats y I keep quiet after the 1st try.

I also knows that I cant compare yr BS with mine...cos mine is super ex BS. maybe tats y service is better...In the end, I also didnt cut much..like wat I said b4, I must be crazy (not that its well-taken, somehow we jux choose N even not tat nice one also choose..my FH said it looks not bad & natural while I said I looked awful. But we still choose. My PG knows how to hide my flaws..even though still can see lah..at least not obvious...U know lah..fat with wrinkles & bunny teeth + not so big eyes..my PG asked the MUA to touch up my eyes a few times during PS..plus face uneven...anyway I jux follow their instructions...)....N I also 4get to bargain during the top up as they auto gimme disc.
Comes to think of it...its not enough...I shld bargain more...but its too late...*sigh...
During my pic selection is quite enjoyable...very relax...cos the asst also cut the pic for us...she said...this 1 I know U definetly dun want...its like they will help U to choose the pic...of cos we also c at the same time...
Gt gd & bad too...
but now the pic selection is over for me..
now can only wait for my thk U cards.

Oops..think I talk too much..but I dun want to del..hheee

summerkitty

harlow gals, it has been sometime since i last log in ...

hiya summer ... we have the same nick ... my real name also used up in this forum .. guess i have got change to another one to differentiate myself, if not can be quite confusing.

Kitty

bliz

Hi Bride,
Remembered you from the Chris Ling thread when you asked about the Herworld PS package won. I have also met up with them and Eugene will be my photographer. Who's yours? Actually, I am still considering whether I should go for this PS cause' already have another PS by GHA and moreover have to provide own transport and MUA for the Chris Ling outdoor shoot.

Angeldust,
Aranus is one of my shortlist IDs which I saw in one of the home mags. Stressed about sourcing for a sutable ID now. Yours all renovated already? Lucky you. Is Aranus' workmanship and ID skills commendable? Excited but also very stressful to manage the house renos and prepare for wedding at the same time.

summerkitty

hi frais, with regards to premarriage course, i dont mind, but i dun know if my bf wants ma. let me know.

Chomecc, nothing has been booked yet for me... also didn't have a chance to meet up wif Kelvin from Lighted Pixels ... Been busy with work and also office shifting ... hopefully i can be like frais, settled most thgs within one or two weekends ... hehe

Pet, my name being taken out liao .. sad arh ... :p

wedtobe06

hi shann
can share is tis a packaged tour or f&e where all u guys planned on yr own? roughly how much is spent n how long u were there?

so glad so many sept brides tis yr. luckly our venues r booked or else headache.

chipdale1910

popie,
heehee. we here to share our wedding preps.

oic, any pics to show me ur wedding shoes?

yes, i will wearing kwa. i tot of buying kwa shoes leh... where abt u?

blissfulme

hi moonlight,
sorry dim catch ur msg.. doggie is very notti dat day.. haha .. i havent see the photos yet, wonder how it turn out.. u can PM me at [email protected]; so i can PM u when iget my pics.. the BS is kinda slow as they are using film instead of digital for my PS..

bbsquid

Hi Belle,

Hubby & i will only have helpers in e evening. Still thinking of hw much to give.
happy.gif
Most importantly, e amt should not strain ur budget & is enough to cover their transport & their time..
happy.gif
Its e thought that counts dear, not e amt...
happy.gif

novia

<font color="0000ff">hi bliz, yup! I will be with Eugene too! We decided not to do PS initially so for us, this is a bonus. As for your PS with GHA, I heard they charge $80 per extra photo? Think of it this way. I'm assuming you'll want more than what GHA's package can give you right? So Eugene's will be a "top up" and all you have to do is to pay for your own MUA which will cost maybe... about $300? I'm estimating. Including transport, at most $400. So for 15 8R photos, you paid $400 which is only $27 per photo! The only problem you may have is taking your GHA gowns for Eugene's photoshoot. Can you do that? For me, I'm with Ted Wu so no problem in that area.</font>

bbsquid

Hi Greta,

yes $3K is really very xiong.... e groom actually gave all e $ that is to be given to bride's parents to cover for e "gatecrash" w e help of some cash from his xiong di(s). Both e bride &amp; e groom comes from an average income family but e some of e sisters are from well to do family (maybe thats e market rate to them)... nw my fren &amp; hubby have to save up to give back e $ tat e xiong di(s) though e xiong di(s) are not asking back from them but they feel pai seh bout it.

lipstar

Hazel: It's really ok.
happy.gif

Anyway, I just called my BS. The person on the other line said they will return me the proofs of those 28 pics I selected for the 15R. It is also stated in my receipt that I will get back a CD Rom.

Yeah, my BS doesn't put emphasis on customer service at all. She didn't help us choose, give us comments, and was quite rude also. After she passed me the stack of pics, she told me to choose the big ones first, then choose the small ones (60 4R to distribute to family &amp; friends). I thought the big ones and small ones are all different pictures. Later she told me "No, the 60 4R pics are to be selected from the pics you have already selected from the big pics", ie, repeated designs. And somemore must add in "just now I already told you mah" with a sarcastic laughter. Sigh...

Then she talked on her cellphone lah, chat to other people lah.. etc.

lipstar

Hazel: Yah, the make up artist got put make up on HB. I didn't notice his dark eye circles... most probably because I was too narcissistically admiring myself.
kao_laugh.gif

kaye

Lipstar,
Is the 60 4R all the same design?
Mine is called the Thank U cards....
which I intend to send out with invitation cards.
cos I saw my frenz give to the guests during banquet...most of them jux leave it on the table...very heartpain..
Now I sent it together...if they throw away, I also ok...at least I didnt c it..

My Thank U cards r selected fr the 100 pic that we selected fr 15R...

Anyway, now yr selection is over...
so, jux think of the album now...
when would U be getting it?

marnie

Okie Girls, here's my 2 cents worth.

Lipstar, I got your SMSes last night. Sorry was a bit haphazard but I was reeling from having to put my invites together.

I feel at this point the cost of per photo cannot be undone. Take it as if it were to be an investment of some sort. Something for youto look at and reminisce. But I would strongly suggest that you go back to the BS and put everything in writing. Since you've done your PS, there's really nothing much you can do except exercise your consumer power. You can always write a letter after the wedding and just demand for a refund of certain things that didn't go as stated in the invoice or you'll report. Most will cave in and refund you to a certain extent.

When will you get your CDRom? Can you bring it at our meet on the 10th?

preci0usm0ments

<font color="aa00aa">thanks angie, will get my hubby to call him up
happy.gif

jacquise PS in March??? y so early? i was thinking June is too early liao
sad.gif
din expect anyone to me earlier than that hahaha

anyway, i'm still more towards taking PS in sept.. hopefully hubby can work things out..</font>

preci0usm0ments

<table border=1><tr><td><font size="-2">Nick</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">AD</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dinner venue</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Church/Solemnisation</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">BS</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">PS Photo</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">AD Photo</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">AD Video</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Lovenest</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Jesmine</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">07 Jan</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Shangri-la</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Shangri-la</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ted Wu</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Tucky</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Tucky</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Forest Production</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Strathmore Ave</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Ivy</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">18 Nov</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Club Chinois</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">GHA@Tampines</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">GHA &amp; Daylight</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">BoonLay</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">chomecc</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">25 Nov</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Raffles The Plaza</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Amara</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ted Wu</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">ChrisLing (Eugene)</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Fabian Lim</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">AMK</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">prinzess55</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">01 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Raffles The Plaza</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Raffles The Plaza</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Bridal Veil</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Utopia</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Lightedpixels</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Bedok</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">tazy</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">02 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Rasa Sentosa</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Rasa Sentosa</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Sophia</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Sophia</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Sophia</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Sembawang</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">angeldust</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">02 Dec (Malaysia) 17 Dec (SG)</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Conrad</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Neptune Theatre Rest Function Room</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Bridal Veil</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Chris Ling</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ray Ong - Photolanguage</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ninetrogen</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Tampines</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">soontobe</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">07 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Grand Copthrone Waterfront</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Grand Copthrone Waterfront</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Fame Bridal</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Fame Bridal</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Woodlands</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Elven_Princess</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">08 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Raffles The Plaza</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Church of the Risen Christ</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Divine Couture</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Toa Payoh</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">HweyHwey</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">09 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Raffles Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Kai</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Image Garden</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Image Garden</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Image Garden</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Bedok</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Kyrie</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">09 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Shangri-La</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">GHA@Tampines</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">GHA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Eulee</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Pinnacle@Duxton</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Nanami</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">09 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">M Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">GHA@Yishun</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">GHA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">snowchocolate</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">09 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Fullerton</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ted Wu</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Chris Ling</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Fabian Lim</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Serangoon North</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">bride</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">09 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Pan Pac</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Church of St Francis Xavier</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ted Wu</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">ChrisLing (Eugene)</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Hilarion Goh</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">The Wedding Paparazzi</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Pinnacle@Duxton</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">wen</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">09 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Orchid Country Club</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Bridal Concept</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Bridal Concept</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">CCK</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">jiamin_loh</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">09 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">York Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">-</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Mr and Miss Wedding Club</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Mr and Miss Wedding Club</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Big Day Studio</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ya**ies</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Bedok Reservoir</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">apple68</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">09 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Goodwood Park</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Fort Canning</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Bridal Concept</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Bridal Concept</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">ShutterBug Studio</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Toa Payoh</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">jojopepper</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">09 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Noblehouse</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">ROM</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ritz Couture</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ritz Couture</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Teban Gardens</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">jac_chan</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">09 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Chijmes</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Fort Canning</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">SengKang</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Kitkioko</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">09 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Grand Corp Waterfront</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Australia</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">stefylim</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">09 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Grand Copthorne Waterfront</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Carlton Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">J&amp;M</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">J&amp;M</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Pinnacle@Duxton</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">bliz</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">09 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Grand Shanghai</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Church of the Risen Christ</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">GHA@Yishun </font></TD><TD><font size="-2">GHA@Yishun</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Punggol</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Summerala</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">10 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Rasa Sentosa</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Everbliss</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Everbliss</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Bukit Batok</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">qqdolph</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">10 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Rasa Sentosa</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Rasa Sentosa (Waterfront Lawn)</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">GHA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">GHA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">SengKang</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">little_twin_stars</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">10 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Pan Pac</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">maez</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">15 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Raffles The Plaza</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Flamingo</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">MooMedia</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">MooMedia</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">MooMedia</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">bsProffy</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">15 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Fullerton</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">SAM</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Divine Couture</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Tucky</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Tucky</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Frenz</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">East Coast</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">eteh3</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">17 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Merchant Court</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Merchant Court Pool Side</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Milan Wedding</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Milan Wedding</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Pinnacle@Duxton</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">celbie80</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">17 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Orchard Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">GHA@Tampines</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">GHA@Tampines</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">1 eye click</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">1 eye click</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Toa Payoh</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">sunniegal</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">18 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Grand Hyatt</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Malvern Springs</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">blurwrutung</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">18 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Raffles Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Raffles Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Universal Bridal</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Universal Bridal</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">3P:hotography</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">3P:hotography</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Bukit Timah</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Purplenic</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">21 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Sheraton</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Altivo</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ted Wu</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Montage</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">WanSheng</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">The Wedding Paparazzi</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Sembawang</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">juanjuan</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">25 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">-</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">ROM (Joy Room)</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Whitelink</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Whitelink</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">SengKang</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">hilsywong</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">30 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Raffles Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Raffles Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Divine Couture</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Lighted Pixel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">UK</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">kawaibride</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">30 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ritz-Carlton</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ritz-Carlton</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Divine Couture</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">3P:hotography</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">3P:hotography</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">3P:hotography</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Holland Peak</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">duckling78</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">30 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">GHA@Yishun</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">GHA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Sam Wong</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Chistopher Tay</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">puppies</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">30 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Hilton</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Universal Bridal</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Universal Bridal</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Kalyedoscope</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Tampines</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">ribbons</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">30 Dec</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Furama Riverfront</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ang Mo Kio Methodist Church</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Valentine Bridal</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBA</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Personal friend</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">-</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Strathmore Ave</font></td></tr></table>

Latest Update on : <font color="aa00aa">bride</font>

lipstar

Hazel: The 60 4R pictures got 10 designs, which are from the 28 pictures that I had chosen for the big album.

Idyll: I will get back the CDRom together with the album on 23rd March. When I meet you girls on 10th, I can bring along the 19 4R pics. (rejected ones, just buy for keepsake)

patali

Hi belle baby squid
yeah 3k is defintely off our budget.
I probably be having abt 4-6 jiemeis and hubby's xiong dis around that number too.We haven't decide abt the exact amt but likely to prepare 3 different anqpow for the jiemeis to choose...$228,$288 and $348. I think I can rest assured jiemeis won't give hubby and xiong di tummy probs cos all are nurses
happy.gif

hi charsiew
hey me too very stressed....on top of preparation for AD....I'm also taking a very stressed out full time course in ICU nursing
sad.gif
.....got about 4 projects on hand I need to submit before AD
sad.gif
....and haven't finalised the guests list,AD schedule and AP box too....need to voice out also...so now hubby's more involved...he will fold all inserts and write the invites
happy.gif

cancerman

Hi to all,

My gf and I will be getting married in Oct 06 too
happy.gif

Details:

AD : 20th Oct
Venue : Traders Hotel
BS: white link
PG: bro in law friend
VG: TBC (depends on budget)
Love Nest : Boon Tiong

Cheers!

meowysp

Hi gals,

my first posting in this thread.

Just to share:
AD: 04 Nov 06
Venue : Singapore Marriott Hotel (High tea reception instead of usual banquet)
BS: Bridal Concept
Lovenest : Toa Payoh
AD Fotographer: Benjamin Loo
email: [email protected]

hmm.. hubby and I planning to go for marriage prep course for a long time but becos he is busy with work overseas, we never got the opportunity to make appt to have the course. sighz.

sushibella

hi babysquid &amp; peggy,

tks for ur tips! i gather as much its ard that amt not having too many jiemei if not then the total amt will hv to be split among so many of them too. Wah peggy all nurses? hehe i m sure they wont tekan ur hubby n his bros till peng san lah. i m also goin to stress to my jiemeis..no matter how wild they can get, play to a certain limit cos no play no fun too. but i dun agree to feeding the guys 'poison' to make them suffer lah..very bad!

I m also tryin to get flowers to do my corsages n ang bao box.i m nuts abt colour coordination..so tryin really hard to visualise at the shop when i buy my ribbons n stuff. really headache dun wanna buy the wrong colour combination! besides these..i m doin nothing ley. invites printed but not done so will take my time to write nicely lah
happy.gif

greta

Hi Ebell,
For 200pcs of cards, it's more worth it to go to the printer cos they charge flat fee for 200 or 300set. Then u and FH can save the time to do other stuff. Anyway, I'm using the NJstar chinese software for the words. I haven't chose verse yet...will think about it. How much is the flea market selling the wrist corsages? Yr angpow box quite reasonable.

Hi bbsquid,
I got $50 angpow for helping my future BIL for his wedding dinner reception table only. For those jiemei/xiongdi doing the full day thingy, i suppose they would get more.

Hi Peggy,
Try asking your family to help you out on the guest list. R u inviting more relatives or frens? AP box can buy off the shelf if no time. It's gd that yr hubby is helping out. I take part-time course b4 with 3-4 concurrent projects so i can understand. Can try to start doing/finish the projects soonest possible so as it get if off your mind rather than hanging in the air?

storm8345

welcome meowysp!!

count, my course was for the couples getting married. it thought us about how we muz communicate with partner and to have romance after marriage and having children. they taught husbands to love their wives even if they have all the saying at home. they are "head of the house". haahaa... and they taught wives to submit to husbands even if the husbands are wrong, and so on. ^_^

summer, i think rom website has some info on the courses. if you are interested you can go and check it out.

happy holiday!!

patali

Hi gals
have you gals decided on your GDL day yet?...Care to share what are the things you gals are preparing?

hi ebell
yeah 200pcs better go to printer...mine's only 100pcs at abt $130 at t'dragon....saves alot of trouble and time and they have all types of inserts color and wordings (english and chinese) for you to chose from.....yeah how much is the corasages....any flea market this weekend? $8.9 for angpow box is very reasonable considering it's already decorated.

Hi greta
thanx for the advice.....
my side's guest are more or less finalised...family gonna ask the relatives for their proper names to be wriiten on the invites...it's 60% family and 40% frens....
yeah I can plan my projects early but the prob are most are based on grp work and quite alien topics that we have to site through lectures and tutorials before knowing exactly what is expected to proceed with the project....but I'm glad my grp mates are very on the ball so we started meeting and planning already
happy.gif

lilic

<font color="0077aa">hey angel/purple

happy happy.. i fix my first appt liao.. manage to speak to helan yesterday when i was there with my fren.. and submitted my homework for her to prepare for the first appt.. kekeke.. i love her attentiveness.. i think i can get my dream gown from her but hor, think must top up.. hope not too much tho.. =P</font>

krisjon

Hi Ladies

EDK > I am sure it will work out well... No worries.
happy.gif
Anyway, FIL is relatively reputable.
happy.gif
I am sure it helps... ask them for more freebies like cream or etc. If dun work, you can complain them to CASE.

Phy > From the pic, I dun think you got tummy at all leh... wah... hard to guess... all so pretty one... I got to pia... if not, sure die... now doing Performance Management for the whole plant in SIngapore, and also budgeting for Q1 and Q2. No time... Maybe because now I am on the verge of slimming, thats y resistance low... Hehe!!! Btw, total I lost about 11 kgs liao.
happy.gif
Can wear back my old clothings already.

Memories > Where got odd one... until u see me then I will be the odd one out... anyway, I hope that there will be another outing... hehehe!!! Cos maybe prefer to see you all in real life.
happy.gif
Do you have the wine supplier contact number and address?? Can pm ME??

makino

Hi Magical, on the contrary, my friend discouraged me to take up Contiki for honeymoon.

Niv, will update it in the next round! Thanks for highlighting

kaye

Lipstar,
So each design got 6pcs?
Agree with Marnie...things cant be undone..
I m agitated than U though...

Marnie,
wat's the link selling wolfbass wine?

angeldust

hi purple, u are welcome. feel free to call him up but dun feel obligated cos he knows i can reco but not confirmed sure my frens will get him one.

hi blitz, darren was previously from another ID firm. I was one of his last customers when he went over to Aranus. but nonetheless he did a great job in getting my place done up. I only had to visit once a week and also he did the coodination for my window contractor which i got from elsewhere. all i did was to give him my window contractor no. and he did everything.

panda!! congrats!!!

bride &amp; jacquise - hello. i am also another dec 06 bride who won the contest. ha ha ha ha ha so end up gonna have 1 PS from CL and 1 PS with I think John. Suppose to call CL up to confirm but I haven done so cos I am outstation. hee
happy.gif

kaye

Gathering on Feb 10
Things to Bring

Jean &amp; Lipstar- Rejected Pic
Hazel- Thank U cards of the same design..
Marnie-???, Flowers

doggiel

hi all,

to add on to the list, u can also include

1) Purchase of wines?
2) Catering for lunch buffet on AD
3) Thank you speech needed?
4) Book honeymoon trip
4) Flower gal, Page boy needed?

for wedding shoes, i just mine fr the new OG at Orchard Point. the selection there is quite good.

dun think i will be wearing kwa. will probably choose a cheongsam style dress instead.