(2006) Brides of year 2006

gs1979

Yo yo gals!! Merry Merry X'mas!!!
happy.gif

summerkitty

hi storm, tat's effective for u...

hi chomecc & sweets.. i thk abit initially when i use.. but now i am using it on and off and i cant really see any difference .. anyway, i haven been exercising and still eating alot. I will start to use it religiously next yr ... 2006 goal is really to slim down .. cant push tis off anymore...

yah chomecc, the biscuits, sweets tins...very nice wor...

somethg to share : had a christmas party last night at my friend's hse... we had a gift exchange. when it's my turn to open up my pressent from my secret buyer, i was surprised! cos we had wrote a wish list and the secret buyer is supposed to buy from the list .. and i got an accessories box.. i tot to myself, hm.. i didnt want necklace or earring leh.. but nvr mind. and when my turn to open up, it was a ring. i still tot why my friend bought me a ring ..for a second, i was BLUR again .. then my bf kneel down beside me ...OMG, i was damn paisay ...and caught unaware.. before he could ask and the impt qns, i keep asking him, wat u want, wat u want ? lots of commotion ... so he finally did it ...

prinzess55

HOHOHO!!! Merry Christmas Gals!!! ha as usual MIS for a while... but i do drop in as and when just didnt left a msg.... this month quite busy settle last min issue haha and lots of gatherings!!!

preci0usm0ments

<font color="aa00aa">merry christmas everyone~!!!!! hey prinzess &amp; tazy! din see u for long time
happy.gif

it's our year now!!! haha start to count down!!!</font>

ffbear

Hi, Summer,
ur bf very funnie - when he commented tat he oso know how to take AD pics... kekeke... me hvnt shortlisted any lei.. cos like I say, now all looks the same to me now.. haiz... but I did tot of John fr Chris Ling, u know his rates? Chomecc &amp; Cheers using Eugene... dont know wat's the difference
in style among the 2 lei...

Hi, silentelf..
u olreadi mentioned it all... ur best fren's AD PG is a success &amp; she dont mind u using, then there is no prob @ all... dont worry so much, @ least it's 1 item down fr ur prep. list.. mind sharing with us, the desperate PG/AD searching team, who the PG is?

Hi, Summer...
wat else can I say? ur BF is real real real sweet.. when I was reading ur story, I oso think like u... the buyer muz be v blur, buy the wrong gift... then, it turned out to b such a beautiful surprise... he muz hv coordinated with the rest for the gift exchange.. memorable christmas party.. congrats... envy, envy liao...
happy.gif

Hi, all beautiful ladies,
Hv a joyous Christmas.. enjoy the festive season with ur loved ones...
kao_cheers.gif

tulipz

wah!! summer! ur bf so sweet wah! beh tahan leh... so sweet.... ask ur bf to teach mine leh.. mine like running out of ideas liao.. ahha

vonn, haha u betta than mi...i no present for my FH leh.. i nv do xmas shopping this yr.. feels weird.. but i din get a chance to go down anywhere to shop haha...

yup everyone! muacks! have a merry xmas =)

oo sweets, that's such a good idea...maybe i'll tabao food from my family xmas party and lay it out nicely for him if he finds me tonight.. =)

patali

Hi all
down with flu and mc today and tomorrow
sad.gif
glad you gals enjoyed the pics...was comtemplating whether to take away the sleeves for the WG but Mom was against it as she said once the WG is finalised not auspicious to change...hehehe anyway after seeing the pics hubby and I think it's alrite to stick to it
happy.gif

hi ebell
you're welcome...guess what...hubby works for vietnam airlines....and initially he suggested to make an Ao Dai for our ROM and PS....but cos we couldn't get leave to go Hanoi and BS wasn't really good at MTM Ao Dai so we dropped the idea....actually I don't really wear my hair up too often except for work cos of my high forehead....wasn't pleased at first with the MUA for styling my hair up....glad it turned out well
happy.gif

Hi greta
yup hubby very outdoor type and I also like outdoor...so like all the outdoor pics taken we love them...but due to $$ we only top up extra 10pics...hehe that's how we meet....in the middle of malaysian jungle...ahaha...hmmm...guess my skinny frame is genetics....well in my work...I've to handle on the average....50kg person/s everyday....haiz still not much muscles...
sad.gif
.....trying to eat as much as possible now til mar 06
happy.gif

novia

<font color="0000ff">hi weddin, the contest form did say that it's only between john and eugene to take the photos.

Hi snowchocolate, if they don't allow 15 8Rs then you can ask for less? At least better than nothing but I think the main reason for this contest is for John and Eugene to build their portfolio because it is stated there that our photos are their copyright and eugene said that our photos will be used for show and internet etc lor. So whatever it is, Eugene can't be taking bad pictures cos this will be his rice bowl and if it's going to be used to represent Chris Ling, I'm sure he won't anyhow take
happy.gif
Also, we heard from a few people that John's skills not that good leh? Anyway we figured they around the same std. We didn't want a PS in the first place so this is a bonus lor.</font>

summerkitty

hi ffbear, if i am not wrong, John charging $1.5k for AD, bt during open hse might be cheaper.

thanks ffbear, tulipz, dorama and step. haha... already expecting his proposal cos we already at the stage of discussing wedding plans... but i told him he still got to do it loh... and he said its tough cos i keep spectulating when he will do it, anniv, birthday, christmas etc ... little did i expect he will propose yesterday as the grp of gals are all my friends and my bf is very scared of malu one!...anyway, i still very appreciated of it ... though i am expecting a more romantic proposal .. hehe

To all NOV 06 BTB, Merry Christmas &amp; Enjoy urself tonite!!!!!!!!!!

vonn

hello all..........merry xmas!!
Summer, yr bf so sweet and u were saying he scared of malu = he need others to support and give him strength mah!
hb open up the present liao, he was suprised! hee
and u gals knw wat, he gave me 3 presents...
1st one labeled pls open on xmas day, 2nd one pls open on valentines day and 3rd one pls open on bday!
i opened up the xmas wan liao, and to my suprised it was bird nest...he really go buy bird nest cos the other day i commented fann wong complexion was so good its due to eating bird nest often and i nvr eaten bird nest b4 and complexion so rough. i was suprised,touched and heartache.
heartache is dnt knw he got kena conned anot and i dnt knw how to cook them and dnt knw will spoil them anot..hmm
but i think the other 2 presents are bird nest too...cos the shape looks the same.

Do u gals wan share wat u bought for hb/band wat the bought for u gals?

Again,do have a wonderful time yr loved ones today and enjoy yrself throughout cos tml no need work.....yeh...hahahaha

greta

Hi Peggy
Merry christmas! Do take care. Guess wat...i also got high forehead. They said high forehead ppl r smarter
happy.gif

Hope u manage to put on in the right places...hehe. I also wish my face a bit more flesh, but alas my middle is the 1st place to put on so v scared to put on.

storm8345

wah... summer your bf so sweet... ^_^ mine was 1 year ago also christmas. but not so sweet as yours lor. ^_^

heehee... vonn, i bought a camera for my FH.

Have a Blessed and Wonderful Christmas with your loved ones... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

kaye

marnie,
actually, I still ve not decided on the caterer...

Lipstar,
When's yr PS?
Jean is delaying hers due to weather...would ve to wait long long for the PS pic

Hi Cindee
Have received the photos... the photos are indeed quite dark...but still able to see that you are a beautiful bride... its really sweet with students posing as your models and ps in your own school...unique location that most couples dun have...
happy.gif

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL THE JUNE BRIDES HERE.
kao_smile.gif

frais_bleu

Hey Summer....your bf is really sweet....it's the thought that counts rite?? at least he kneels down n do a proper proposal....hahaha...

Merry Christmas to all the beautiful Nov06 BTBs.....have a great holiday!!!

Hi Cindee
Have received the photos... the photos are indeed quite dark...but still able to see that you are a beautiful bride... its really sweet with students posing as your models and ps in your own school...unique location that most couples dun have...
happy.gif

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL THE JUNE BRIDES HERE.
kao_smile.gif

weddinstory

hi bride, i m just like snowchoolate . i ve mt chris ling before the contest result and hv agreed to sign up with chris himself tho i hv not paid deposit. so i thot of bargaining like 8 to10 free 8 Rs by Chris instead of the 15 free ones by John o eugene. anyway, snowchocolate, let me know after u speak to chris ok? how much did you pay for chris work?

bigbig

Hi Hi,

I am new in this thread...

wow there are so many ppl having their AD in Oct 06. I am one of them...

How are you gals / guys (if any) feeling ya???

How the prep too??? I am so lost leh... Anyone willing to help me out... kekeke...

Thanks...

jingsg38

Hi there,
This is Shizuka... Wow, have been busy with my PS &amp; ROM things.. so MIA for awhile. the thread is moving so fast.

My ROM is on 19 Dec 05 also in Cherish Suite like Peggy. I have also did my PS, selected my pixs &amp; did the food tasting too. Everything turns out well. Hee.. I have selected 65 pixs (we had indoor PS only) cos hubby cannot tahan the hot weather during OD PS.

Anybody have any suggest on GDL cakes?

My 1st march-in will be "I Finally found You" &amp; 2nd march-in will be by Sandy Lam's cantonese song "You are my man"...

Merry Xmas to all March beautiful brides!

ebell

Peg and Greta:
U all soo lucky can try to put on weight. I confirm no problem with tat except that weight pills on v fast for me. Peggy: drink milk and take dairy products sure put on one.

Peg: Actually I find the ao dai in HCM r nicer. Actually v gd idea. I showed my FH ur outdoors( hope u dun mind). He say he oso like...mayb we will go there too...
happy.gif

Belle:Doc for cream. U talking about that Toa payoh one that alot of gals go to? They not too bad but I had some reaction to the cream leh...I think early nices and h2o the best. Next yr I goin to z early, by 1130 everynite. Mayb got chance
happy.gif

Spring: dun have leh.

kitty_li

hi gals,

Merry Christmas!
happy.gif

Wah summer...ur FH really very sweet!!
happy.gif
did you manage to video it or something?

After waiting for so long, my FH proposed to me today, at the church where we will be having our wedding mass...
kao_blush.gif
And I wasn't expecting it, coz after soooo many years, you just don't expect certain things already.

my FH refused to let me buy him anything, coz he says to save up for next year. Next year got lots of expenses to pay for. But then, he himself went to get me a new HP. Haiz...guess i shd think of some present for him also...

kitty_li

hi gals,

Merry Christmas!
happy.gif

Wah summer...ur FH really very sweet!!
happy.gif
did you manage to video it or something?

After waiting for so long, my FH proposed to me today, at the church where we will be having our wedding mass...
kao_blush.gif
And I wasn't expecting it, coz after soooo many years, you just don't expect certain things already.

my FH refused to let me buy him anything, coz he says to save up for next year. Next year got lots of expenses to pay for. But then, he himself went to get me a new HP. Haiz...guess i shd think of some present for him also...

count

CSI and Summer,
Congrats! Heh. Very happy to see tt ur FHs proposed ard the same period, and u were waiting for the proposal. Haha. I was waiting for a proposal abt 1.5 years ago too! Cos at tt time we were looking at getting a flat at Duxton and i hinted to him tt we had to be engaged before i would agree to purchase a flat with him. Kekekek

Must save $ already. So broke now cos of wedding stuff. Intending to head down to Robinsons today to look at mattresses cos we have our hearts set on a Sealy mattress

Steph, u got FH a playstation is it? Wah... Sure FH must be very happy tt u "support" him in his hobby and encourage him to play computer games ;)

Just realised sth - this coming CNY will be the last year we can receive APs! Feel so old now. Sob sob

cacphin

hi gals, anyone with the list of who's who getting ROM, details etc??
can post here again??? need to see so that i can still catch up the conversation...
happy.gif

realised that i put on 2 kg since Nov.. and is around my waist and tummy..die lar.. suggestions???

cindeekoh

hi ting

so strange lei...cos onmy laptop and camera, everything very clear lei. but the ones being put on the net are super dark...also dun know why...sighz...spoil the pix lei...

hi nihpcac

i also put on weight on the same area...me just intend to watch my diet loh. cos during christmas, eat a lot...guess once i get tt going, it would be easier to curb my craving...me lazy to go exercising mah...so control food loh

jenng

Hi RoynSharon,

Depend on when is your wedding date. if you have already selected, you must look for

1) wedding reception venue
2) confirmation for your photographer and videographer
3) bridal package.

summerkitty

hi CSI, congrats to u too. What was ur reaction when he proposed to u? My friends didn't filmed it, cos they were taking pictures of our gift exchange. only after tat my friend said wasted never film.

for his : me and my bf went shopping and he wanted to buy some t-shirts, so i said I'll pay for him and treat it a christmas gift.. for mi: me saving money to buy a watch, so he helped to sponsor abit...

sometimes, also quite headache to look for gifts...very seldom will give him surprises.. but i thk i ought to look for a wedding gift to buy for him next time. tot can complete my precious moment cross stitch.haiz .. got one more yr to go ...

Count, ur not old okay .. I collected more yrs of ang bao than u do ... hhaha

tulipz

wah sian.... last yr to receive ang pow ah.. i still so young leh! =(

anyway ahha mi n my FH nv buy anything for each other.. so unromantic hor.. oh wells.. thinking of saving $ so nv buy lor....

CSI and summer! yes must make him propose cannot let him get away scot free =)

summerkitty

hi CSI, congrats to u too. What was ur reaction when he proposed to u? My friends didn't filmed it, cos they were taking pictures of our gift exchange. photos has got a few i thk...only after tat my friend said wasted never film.

for his : me and my bf went shopping and he wanted to buy some t-shirts, so i said I'll pay for him and treat it a christmas gift.. for mi: me saving money to buy a watch, so he helped to sponsor abit...

sometimes, also quite headache to look for gifts...very seldom will give him surprises.. but i thk i ought to look for a wedding gift to buy for him next time.

Count, ur not old okay .. I collected more yrs of ang bao than u do ... hhaha

springbride

Hi excited Chris,
Ya, my make-up artist is Joanne. I dunno her charges though coz she is assigned to me by my BS. Can give you her contact if u want. I like her make-up coz it's very natural.(see from my pics) I can't take thick make-up...I will look worse than usual...Ha ha, that's why i hate to go to those make-overs for functions.

Hi ebell,
Did u request to see my pics? Think dun have leh, that's why din send to you. What's ya email?

springbride

Hi Suzanne &amp; ebell,

Can u send me your contacts for the live band and string quartet? I've got one quote from the 3-pc band my friend used for her wedding: it's $1500 for 2 sets of 45mins. Is it reasonable?

marnie

Jean, I'm sorry to hear about the postponement. But look at it on the brighter side- it'll be worth the wait eh?
wink.gif

Hazel, why still not decided on the caterer? Who have you shortlisted?

phy_o

Hi cindee,

Got our photos! Ya, a little dark. So sweeet of your pupils to pose with you. Is your HB a teacher too?

Hi nihpcac,

Diet, exercise and put G-cream, that's gingercat, sinkor and my formula!
happy.gif

sushibella

hi ebell, no ley the doc i went to is somewhere near admiralty MRT. He is recommended by my gf who had severe breakouts when she was flying as a stewardess. I hv some thing like Retin A - think its to promote cell growth? then mild aha lotion...n a day cream initially the cream bites so hv to tahan hee slight peeling will occur so hv to be patient lor. i still hv the occasional breakouts lah but i think i prefer goin to doc for prescription then to go to my facial salon which hardsells like mad! i just bot something like 20 sessions then they start to hint me to get extras!! it goes by the thousands one ley..i m quite pissed everytime i go. initially 'conned' by them cos i not good in saying NO to their advances..finally i just told myself i hv to stop somewhere cos i really cannot afford! so i dun bring my credit card there when i go hehehe

blissfulme

Happy Boxing Day to all Mar Brides.. thread grow so fast.. hard to catch up
happy.gif

so guess most are deciding on songs n invitations now
happy.gif

hi jo... me oso thinking of jim brickman's "The Gift". His "Love of My Life" is nice too
happy.gif
By the way, there is this song called "Grow Old with U" from "The Wedding Singer" soundtrack..very catchy tunes and sweet lyrics.. thinking of using for my montage..
happy.gif