(2006) Brides of year 2006

sandsand

Proffy.. hee.. ok lah ok lah.. kidding lah. At least i can still make of my situation.. =)
Its not that i'm poor, its just that my outgoing is more than my incoming.. Esp with the house now to pay for, but I'm going to trust in God to provide, just like how He provided the house for us.

Purple: i am counting on my ang bao to pay for the dinner.. I'm sure everyone is... Thats why my dinner got very stringent criteria.. U cannot pay means cannot come! hee.. kidding only ah..

Yah man.. i wonder how some pple can actually dare to give $20 and bring so many pple somemore. 1 pax $20 not enough lor.. what more 4. $20 at zu chao can only get... 2/ 3 dishes, plus rice. No drinks.. hee..

To add on to eteh's point.. i think the main thing is if the couple feels comfortable with it.. isnt it the main thing? U want to save moeny, can go apply for 1 room rental flats (if u ever get it lah) , $80 a month. U save moeny but will u feel comfortable?

marnie

Look see look see what other couples are doing for their centrepieces. Or trawl the internet. There are always creative ideas on how to use cheap flowers. Creativity does wonders, I attest to that!

lovebug

Hey hey phy_o,

You've got mail! just sent you the mass booklet template. Hope that helps! =)

And I've to agree with you that retail therapy does helps alot to relieve some stress ehhehe... =)

lilic

<font color="0077aa">wow ivy, you very chim leh.. hahhaha, think must tell my mum liao.. coz she was the one who told me the diff.. hahaha..

she said the AH-YIs for wedding is not the same as how your kids will address them leh.. *blur*

eh, basically my BM and JM are from the same group of frens.. and they will all be my bridal party.. but BM are really my closest frens lor, who will walk down the aisle with me..=)

eh, one qn - why should i have my bf's sis to be my JM??? hahahhaha</font>

lilic

<font color="0077aa">bride, i see.. oh, i dun intend to get from tangs and metro.. coz i think the dresses there are not well fitting for my BM.. the dreses are mainly biased cut.. and comes in std sizes.. and uses flowy materials.. not really our pattern.. and out of my 3 bridesmaids, 2 are really petite.. i am thinking of olive-suite style dresses.. hee..

if you very particular abt your color theme, you also need to tell them abt the tone leh.. one color can have varied toness..

ribbons, yes.. He will provide.. have faith</font>

small_one

proffy

some older folks will make distinctions between ah yi and jiemeis. but altogether, they still mean the same in general aspect.

my mother used to make distinctions. then later she told me that it is all the same.

your mum is correct about the diffrence btween wedding ah yis and at home kind of addressing, cos at weddings usually brides would get more friends involved. but i was using that as an example. so if i have misled anyone, pls excuse me.

duckling78

Hi gals

wow u really fast leh....
Apple u get what queue no? HDB? for which area?
I got the queue for Duxton as well but hor after reconsidering we decide not to go for selection cos its a heavy burden. and to get duxton must get high story if not no use therefore i take punggol but also completed onlyin 2009 so therefore most likely can stay at IL place first lor. Me ok as least near to my work place too.

For those who is waiting for the house to be complete yet do not wantt o saty with IL kakak
My fenz also got duxton what they did is they get a resale flat noe then later when duxton is build then they will sell away the flat.
As for the one room flat i dun think govet ids building any new ones and those oldflat is all rent out to the needy and i think the montly income cannot more than a 1000.

As for the Ang Bao, I think its too early for me to plan now..haha

U hgals don't forget abt me hor.....I will pop in when i am free..

kitkioko

Wah,

You all super fast leh? I still reading ..

Purpleblur,
Nick name: Kitkioko
AD :09 Dec 2006
Dinner Venue: TBA
Church/Solemnisation:-
BS: tba
PS:tba
AD Photo: Tsangstudio
AD vg: -
Lovenest: Aus

kitkioko

Hi gals,

Anyone here hire Mico/Mic Tan as the MUA for AD?
I am confused

FYI, I called 18 hotel. Only 1 left.
sad.gif

kit

duckling78

starry forget abt me le...

Me intend to only to MTM my gown in march bah or in june.... then sept take pixs then dec get married hahaha

Hope this is not too late

krisjon

Hi Ladies,

Phy *o* > Glad u have lose some weight... Gambate!! U can make it one... Past 2 days, i did not exercise because of exam stress and down with fever. Today, I can carry on doing my steps in the late afternoon.
happy.gif
Wah, did you spend a lot on your shopping??? But agree with lovebug, retail theraphy does help to relieve stress... How I wish I can do it too?? Eh, u are doing aerobics in the east side?? U mean there is amore in Eastpoint?? Do you have the timetable??? Can Send it to me? It is near where I am staying ( only 2 mrt stations away)

Sinkor > YOu have to tahan a bit if you really want to see results... Jia You!!

small_one

hey kit

i gave up my date for 9 dec at club chinois - restaurant. the ballroom has been taken up for the same date. if you ok about using restaurant (located in orchard parade hotel), you can call eric tan. it is under tung lok group of restaurants.

lilic

<font color="0077aa">hi kitkioko

for MUA, i would reco you Jyue Huey from The Makeup Room instead.. =)

But the MUA may come with your BS package.. unless you are going ala carte..

i gave up my tentative booking at Hotel Intercon for 9 dec too.. you can try calling them to see if the date is still available..

wat is your banquet size? if you are looking at less than 12 tables, i think the Straits Room in Fullerton is still available..</font>

preci0usm0ments

<font color="aa00aa">wow! tat's scary!!! only 1 available.. i think you should fasten ur pace and jus visit whichever is available.. else guess you'd have to change a date..

think after venue u need to headache over photography and videography...

read somewhere in the thread on Mic Tan, maybe you wanna surf ard.. like wat proffy mentioned, i think you should also check out Jyue Huey
happy.gif
seen her work in magazines.. quite nice
happy.gif

duckling78 u not popping in liao ah.. y would we forget u leh?</font>

qq77

newbbi,

ok lah... i still got some electrical stuff need to buy. everything i want to buy my mil will say she has and eveytime when she is free, she will bring something to my hse, so until now, i dunno wat she has put in my hse. heee...

think will invite you gals over once everything is in. otherwise the hse very empty leh.

ya, manage to get my coffee table at System Mind. dunno whether you know which shop a not. its at marina sq.

novia

<font color="0000ff">bsproffy, how come you gave up your hotel intercontinental booking? Then where will your wedding be? How about you Ivy? How come give up your venue leh?

Ivy, thanks for the advice! Olive green and cream would look nice together. Just have to run that idea through my FH
happy.gif

BSproffy, olive suite very ex leh!! One dress at least $200-300 I think! But their dresses are very sweet and pretty. Meant more for ROM brides.My budget only $150 for each bridesmaid cos I have 5! Alamak... siao liao.</font>

preci0usm0ments

<font color="aa00aa">aiyo bride wanna kok ur head liao hahaha referring to the chart, proffy's banquet will b at fullerton
happy.gif

Ivy giving up cause they wanna change to BR, but the BR on 9th taken.. so she changed her date
happy.gif

Olive's dresses very simple leh.. eyes nearly pop out with i tried on a super simple gown yet cost 500+
sad.gif
</font>

dawn45

hi babysquid
me thinking of gog london, france, italy, switzerland....but is it a bit out of the place ah? which part of europe u gog?

lilic

<font color="0077aa">hahahah. bride, you more blur than purpleblur..

yah, olive suite dresses very ex coz of the fabric they using.. and yes, the dresses are simple but yet elegant.. thats why i want to find tailor for similar dresses lor..

coz i think if my bridesmaids gotta walk down the aisle with me, they must look good mah.. yah, due to budget constraints, i will have only 3 bridesmaids.. the rest will be my "jie-meis".. no dresses for them.. but will get a thank you gift.. </font>

limko

Hi Magical,

Ya, you are right, will turn like very pale gold but i mean, not very yello gold.

I am gettign my rings custom made in HK. My mom got a contact in HK that custom makes jewellery and she is getting all my jewelleries made there.

eteh3

hi bride,

wanted to get the 4room as well but saw the size, its too small. Even the 5 room is small, so we took the 5 room but still will insist that its too small for anyone else besides us and us only. Esp with kids coming into play, then that's only barely enough. hee...

wa...all of u thinking of the day liao. i havent even start to think abt colour coding etc. just that make sure the table cloth of the dinner isnt same colour as ur gown! imagine it looks as if u are wearing the table cloth.

bbsquid

hi dawn,

e places u planned to go is quite near 1 another except for London. Hw many days u intend to go? Things in London are quite ex... &amp; if Italy is a must to go, do avoid some parts (esp. Southern) as there's a lot of mafias around &amp; its not v safe for a ger.

Tentatively, my friends &amp; i planned to go to France, Spain, Monaco, Italy, Vatican City, Greece, Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Holland, Belgium since we are taking up a package...
happy.gif

jojopepper

hello gers...
for the bridesmaid dresses, perhaps you can try this shop called lavender near city hall? its at the stretch of shops where celia loe is.. i think the dresses are ard $200~~

olive suite is too ex to be getting for JMs la.. unless u've got budget to spare
happy.gif

jojopepper

to add on to wat eteh has said, must also chk wat the waiters are wearing...otherwise if groom wears the same color as waiters, he'll look like the captain~~

kitkioko

Hi all,

Sian! My FH wanna hotel. Onli left chopthrone.. the +++ add up already $826/table.

The banquet size would be some where 12 -18 table lah.

I tried fullerton liao taken
sad.gif

kit

lilic

<font color="0077aa">hi jojopepper

lavender dresses no lining and no bra padding leh.. =( checked there before.. and the designs depends on the season..

no one getting olive suite lar.. i saying the dresses there nice... thats why i want to find a good tailor to make similar ones lor.. found the kind of fabrics used by OS online.. and also heard that we can buy them from arab st.. =)</font>

dawn45

hi bbsquid

wow u gog do many places, sounds interesting...how much u paying for it and how many days?
Ya i know london stuff is very exp.......but rome i wanna go too....hehe Is monaco a fun place?

preci0usm0ments

<font color="aa00aa">i've tried lavender's dresses.. dun find them fitting and the material like not comfy
sad.gif

kitkioko, u referring to GCW? heard that the BR not bad..</font>

jojopepper

hey proffy,
opps...i've nvr really been into that shop before actually. just passed by and thot the dresses there are quite suitable for JMs..

my ROM dress was from OS
happy.gif
its a cotton dress, and according to yendoo from OS, the cotton's from japan, so its more ex..i'm also no fabric expert so i can't really see the diff la, but it does feel more comfy
happy.gif

lilic

<font color="0077aa">hey kitkioko

actually some of the hotels have already been taken up when i was scouting in apr/may.. its 9 dec 06 the only date? alternative?

other hotels - marina mandarin? hyatt? RTP? mandarin meritus? swissotel merchant court? regent? four seasons? if i recall these have more than 1 ballroom and can take your no.... </font>

lilic

<font color="0077aa">hi jojopepper

yah, OS uses good fabric.. i learnt abt fabrics from my shifu.. hahhaha.. if you realise, even their silk is different from other boutiques.. hahha, actually i know my bridesmaids will love the dresses there.. coz i love it too.. hahhaha.. if eventually cannot find good tailors, maybe will go there.. but of coz, they gotta pay the balance liao.. hahahha..

wow.. i can imagine them in OS dresses walking the aisle with men in black.. *dreamy*
</font>

dreymin

gals, any recommendation for bridal agency? as u can see i m really way behind in planning! looking for something more natural shots.

aloe79

Hi all,

Realised our thread here got a lot of brides fall on the same day for the AD weddig
ng.. so intersting..

Hi Jocester
Thanks for your updating. By the way, u can update the rest of the details for me, BS is whitelink, AD photographer- Sam Wong, AD Videographer- Emotionpi*. Lovenest. SK. Thank u..:)

magic_alz

hi cocoberry!
thanks for yur comments! =D
now eagerly waiting for my photos to be ready...!
went to some grassland, n to the beach in front of tanah merah c'try club..then went to boat quay at night..

hi qingqing n jam! =)
my pics are only available to users of the multiply network..you need to sign up for an account at www.multiply.com

but now nothing much to see la..coz haven't gotten my phtos yet..only a few that i've taken.

hi limko!
wow..jewellery from HK! sure will be very unique!
i got a friend who specially flew to HK to custom make her kua... it turned out very nice/..!

jiamin_loh

The thread is moving so fast huh...

I just found a new place where you can shop for your EG - Empire Dress @ Neil Rd (www.empire.com.sg)...

Kitkioko - by the way, have you tried to enquire other hotels, you can try find all the hotel listing @ yellowpages and call up 1 by 1 no choice liao...as mentioned cos 9th dec 2006 is a hot date...

estee

Hi Augustina and Shelyn,
Me too haven't food taste and PS. Food tasting going to be after CNY and PS on 6th Jan. Now in the process of finalising the fonts and wordings for my dinner invite inserts. Didn't know i had to provide them with parent's name in Chinese character and whether you and your FH's paternal grandparents are both alive or only one alive etc. My FIL wants the cards to be ready so that during CNY he can distribute them. :eek:)

Hi Baby Squid: What kinda package are you going to take? I am thinking of taking a package as well but I am not one who fancies the tour guide rattling on when I feel like just sleeping.

Any recommendations anyone??? Oh yah checked with travel agent if you are planning a trip in May can start looking end Feb.;o)

sandsand

to add on to what eteh said.. Make sure ur flowers are not the same as ur pew flowers (if u having church reception) or your ball room flowers. It will look like ur ur bouquet is made up of left overs from the decor flowers.. The flowers that u really like, use that for ur hand bouquet, decor choose something totally different..