(2006) Brides of year 2006

angeldust

hi all!!

bride - like to correct u.. BV DOES allow btb to try on gowns. dun believe can ask purple and proffy. i dunno why pple have tt idea that BV dun allow tryin of gowns..

frais_bleu

Hi impulse, i'll send it to you again tonite...okie....

hey sweet think i'm like you leh...marriage phobic....hahaha...your FH so sweet....oh ya and thanks for the comments ah....

so my_gal hows the outing coming along???

lilic

<font color="0077aa">hihi i am back..

yes.. BV allows me to try gowns.. i can vouch for that...

zen arh, let us help you later lar.. </font>

magic_alz

hi tsukushi!
yeah..i just replated my white gold ring..n other for the scratches, it looks as good as new!it'll also go out of shape coz of everyday wearing n gold i a softer material than platinum,...so that's why for our wedding rings we decided to go for platinum, even though a white gold ring with diamonds is cheaper than platinum..

oh n i finally finished my PS yesterday!! super tiring man..930 til 8pm..almost 12 hrs..halfway through my eyes started to look really tired..so must consciously perk myself up for the camera..

can't wait to see the outcome!

kaye

marnie,
I jealous...
U made appt for her..but didnt offer me..
heheee...
no lah..jux joking...
its too far....think maybe I would go Junction 8 for the manicure or Tampines...

newbbi79

Linda,
in my contract there put " guaranteed : 35 tables, complimentry 2 tables, reserve : 2 tables".

ya lor..means u have more than 40 tables hor?

bluegal,
oic...their wlanut cakes bery nice lor =)

deremi

<font color="aa00aa">not fast to start now leh...like wat christine says start early can hv ideas wat to do.
ya! spotlight got lotsa materials.</font>

augustina

wow this thread is moving so fast. time files, dec is coming,and i still hv not go for food tasting yet.. not yet collect my cards.. and it seem most of u hv finish ur PS. bob.. bob.. mine is ay 5-01-06. still got sometime to go..

cecilialim

diana. if go sundays one for one drinks... last night i went..8 people each person $12... until today wake up sore throat can't go work... today MC... hee

lipstar

Idyll: Thanks muchios! Pal!
kao_happy.gif
Yalar! Real name, cannot imagine if they start addressing me as lipstar.
crazy.gif

lilic

<font color="0077aa">blurlass, i am not efficient.. just that i prefer to take my time and slowly source.. also, i can have a choice in all the issues.. so that i wun compromise a lunch for dinner.. hee.. *mean*

eh, no offence huh.. i just kidding</font>

qq77

newbbi,
i think maybe you have it read wrongly.
cos, i think mine is also written this way leh.

but in the 1st place hor, how many table did you booked with Alvin?

blurlass

bsproffy (lilic), not to worry, I am not that petty. It’s actually not a compromise at all. We don't mind a small cozy affair if not a mega and grand one then we can invite some closed business associates to celebrate the day with us. I expect that you are all already locked your dream venue?

lilic

<font color="0077aa">blurlass, if you look at the table above, all of us have locked in our venues...

just my 2cents worth, for ritz carlton, i think a buffet luncheon beats a chinese 9 course dinner hands down.. </font>

bbsquid

Shelyn,

that's very fast of u...
happy.gif
me still thinking of wat to do w my ang bao box... in terms of deco.. kee hee...

u printed ur invitation cards?

blurlass

Thanks for your 2cents worth of thought anyway. I reckon food wise is very subjective and skewed cos individual has their own taste buds. Like some people said Fullerton food is abysmal but I feel they are acceptable. I can’t delight everyone.

novia

<font color="0000ff">hey girls, hmm, really? I made an appointment with bridal veil before going down of course! But not only did they make me wait for half an hour, just made me sit there, michelle huimin sat down and the first thing she said was "if you like embroidery then i suggest you go ted, if you like flamboyance then i suggest you go federick etc etc if you like simple then come here". I didn't even get to say whether or not I like embroidery! I thought that was not too nice of her. Like I can't afford her business like that. My FH did not go down with me that day so she prob thought i won't sign up. Then she got another girl to attend to me when she jolly well could have cos she looked as though she was free. Then when i asked if i can try on the gown, the girl told me specifically, and I can't be wrong about this, that BV only allows trying to brides who've signed up. I was like "WHAT??!" Then how i know i like your dresses or not? That really put me off already. I don't think I said anything or did anything that warrants such treatment. Blush2 also said the same thing to me! That's why I have a very bad impression of BV. Sorry, but that's my experience. Maybe i caught michelle huimin on her bad day but that's still no excuse. Even the one-stop BS did not treat me like that. Gave me the impression that BV like very high class like that.

Hey blurlass, just pick the hotel of your choice, you can't please everyone
happy.gif
</font>

limko

Hi Magical,

I agree with Tsukushi. I initially thought so too because of Fairy's Inc but later on, I went to other jewellers and found out that White Gold should be an alloy of yellow gold and some other materials and so the color is silver. It should not change color over time. Only plated yellow gold with become yellow over time as the layer on top is gone.

Please do not believe if the jeweller says that there is no such thing as white gold and all white gold are plated. Wow, May 6 is hot date ya! My mom had a someone to choose the date.

lilic

<font color="0077aa">agree with you.. food is subjective..

no one is asking you to please everyone.. i did not say or imply that fullerton has superb food.. you do sound defensive over wat i had posted previously..

i am only offering my opinion, having attended a wedding luncheon - international buffet style versus chinese dinners in ritz.. so tot it may be helpful to you.. but well, apparently its not.. pardon my kpo-ness then..

pardon that i am too much of a mountain tortise.. such that i have not heard anything good regarding all the dinners i attended in ritz where even the hosts were upset abt the qly of food and pardon the fact that only compliments i heard and seen was a family fren's wedding luncheon (buffet style).. by the way, if you do think that buffet is cheaper, than prob you are in for a bigger shock..</font>

angeldust

hey bride,

sorry abt ur bad experience at BV but my experience with both blush2 and BV is entirely different from yours. michelle states down clearly that if u lookin for emb dun go to her cos BV does not do emb at all. i dunno who was tt asst who attended to u but Bv has a couple of assts.
happy.gif

lilic

<font color="0077aa">bride, i think you were attended to by this lousy salesgirl who had been asked to leave.. tough luck..

well, i think some designers are just being frank.. amanda lee, helan from divine and miah from silhouette are typical examples.. so it depends whether you can tahan their frankness lar.. just that prob some of them put across their thoughts in a nicer tones.. by the way, i think that BV has a policy such that they wun ask you to sign up on your first visit.. so i am sure its not abt whether michelle thinks that you cannot sign up then..

for blush blush, thanked your lucky stars that you din sign up with them.. in short, its overpriced and underdelivered.. hahhaha, i could have sued them for misrepresentation.. angeldust can attest to that.. </font>

angeldust

bride,

for blush, i went there with my gf. the price is like 2-6k on the pamphlet and pics are by Bat's Pdn. which i din fancy. bs was correct, i do "QC testing" at every BS.. cos i am in the industry where i knw how to assess quality of fabrics, emb and trim materials like beadings and lace. sorrie cant divulge much here.
happy.gif

vinmei

Me not sure wat they want to wear leh. Nvr asked them. Just tell my mum that I will be bringing her to make a dress lor.
happy.gif
I found a lady doing dress from the thread. Have emailed her and she is home based. Maybe will check that out.
happy.gif

blurlass

Bride, what an uncouth service! You should tell her off upright! She just lost a prospective customer like you.

Hey bsprofy, who are defensive and cynical here? =) Your remarks and so called 2 cents worth of thought are definitely welcome and I am glad that you share your occurrence! When I said I cant delight everyone, I am just talking to myself, not directing to you or anyone here.
You seem like a guru in everything from type of gowns to wedding banquets to diamonds, certainly anything under the sky! It’s a compliment to you wor, nothing personal, just in case you see it in a different way. Well, I guess I shouldn’t have used Fullerton as an example but I said it was acceptable, didn’t I?

I am here to seek advice, definitely not to pick up a cat fight. peace =)

preci0usm0ments

<font color="aa00aa">agree with blurlass tat food is very subjective.. i think we should jus go with wat we like.. cause food served at best restaurant might not be of everyone's liking
happy.gif

bride maybe you really unlucky to kena huimin in bad mood or met that bad salesperson.. but nvm la.. since you're now happily with Ted
happy.gif
dun b affected by others
happy.gif
</font>

angeldust

purple - agree with u on the BS. there is no one BS that can be BEST. I'm serious. Like I say always and always.. find one BS, hotel etc, that suits you. thats impt cos that's where u are spending ur MONEY!!

makino

Hi Hody, will update it the next time!

Magical, may I know where did you go for your PS?

limko, white gold (not plated ones) will still tarnish over time. It will not turn into yellow gold, but will have a yellowish tone. That's why those with white gold jewellery can go for plating periodically to make the jewellery look like new.

If you don't want your colour to change, go for platinum. Actually, most jewellery out there are alloy metals, be it white, gold or platinum. Pure metals are hard to use for making jewellery cos they are too soft.

summergirl

tks!

can try spotlight to see if they have the materials u want too...hehe...do show us when u've done yr guest book okie.

i think a guest book is better than a scroll right, NH is providing me the scroll...

blurlass

ya angeldust, engage the one that we are happy with because it's OUR WEDDING right? ~ =)

preciousmoments, totally concur that. Just go with the heart and dont listen to those hearsay.

preci0usm0ments

<font color="aa00aa">hmm.. think there's some huo yao wei here huh? ladies, i think maybe there's some misinterpretion? everyone's here to share k?

yup yup, chemistry very impt.. cannot click, then dun go for it.. dun force yourself, you'll only end up paying $ for something you'll not b happy with.. end of the day, you wun b a meimei bride
happy.gif
</font>

newbbi79

Linda,
but hor, if we really read wrongly, then when we clarify with the sales person during the show, she should have told us the rite thing lor...she told us the same thing, thats y we assume that its the rite one lor =(.

We booked 33 tables lor... + 2 free tables...

Ask u hor, is it 30 tables, get 1 table free. 33 tables, get 2 tables free?

qq77

newbbi,
i agree with you that the sales person is in the wrong too, cos he did not clarify correctly and mislead you.

to my understanding from Alvin, its shd be, for every 30 tables, you get 1 complimentary table free, every 35 tables, you get 2 complimentary tables free.
so in your case, i think only 1 table free bah.

shelyn

babysquid,
Haven go for food tasting yet leh... i'm surprised when i saw u pp going for food tasting and printing invitation cards liao. I was thinking of going for food tasting after CNY next yr... and printing cards ard jan/feb period. Am I too late??... Now i starting to get gan jiong already. My guest list not even confirmed yet... sigh sigh.... **panic**

novia

<font color="0000ff">I went to see Amanda Lee and Divine Couture too and they were also very frank about their designs with me. But somehow, I didn't get the insulted feeling. Dunno if you know what I mean. But anyway, BV's style doesn't really suit me so I'm just voicing my opinions cos not happy about the treatment mah
happy.gif
Yeah bsproffy, when FH and I were given the 6k pricing for Blush2, we almost fainted. FH even gave a snort and Pin's partner looked a little offended but who cares! First you don't let me try on your gowns, then you act so high and mighty when your embroidery work can't hold a candle to Ted. Actually that guy even insinuated that Ted's design was boring. He said "a certain designer in the industry does peranakan embroider, we don't do that, ours more modern, more intricate blah blah blah". Aiyoh... i hear already also fed up. Bsproffy, what happened with the misrepresentation at Blush2?

heh heh ya purpleblur, of course I happy to be with Ted! Going to bring my Maid of Honour (MOH) there in Jan, dunno whether Jean will accommodate us or not cos I just want to show her my future dress will have what type of embroidery. My MOH doesn't reside in singapore la :p

Hmm... i don't think anyone means any harm here girls... don't angry... siao siao qi. Yup, totally agree with purpleblur, chemistry very impt. Some may click with BV, blush2 but i don't, but that doesn't mean they're not for anyone else lor...</font>

preci0usm0ments

<font color="aa00aa">eh, i was also quoted skyhigh price from Silhoutte :p think maybe they see i cannot afford then purposely quote me super ex la..

jus curious, if it's stated that basic package is 3890, then dun i jus pay that figure, and any additional materials or details used i pay later? but they dun work that way leh.. they quote me 5k+ on the spot! dun understand...

anyway i wasn't tat impressed also la.. jus thought how come they work this way..</font>

angeldust

bride,

i get wat u mean. some BS does give u tt kind of feeling. when i was at blush2, the guy also mentioned tt BV crystals are boring. so i find they shld not downplay other completitors to boost their designs. let the designs speak for themselves rather. bs and I know wat is the misrep. we cant say it here lest we kanna sued.. ha ha ha ha ha..