(2005) Brides of year 2005

bubblez

Hmmmm There wasn't a thread for weddings in 2005 so I thought I'd just begin one... I know it's kinda early to be planning but no harm done right? Anyone else planning one in 2005? Mine is for June 2005

andreal

hey Bubblez,
mi plan to hv my wedding in 2005, er date not comfirm heheh...gota see the tong shu 1st.

so do you hv any dinner venue or BS in ur list?
u ROM already?
happy.gif

hearya!

bubblez

Hi!! Fellow 2005er..
happy.gif
I have actually signed up with Focus BS already... Went to a couple of wedding fairs and liked their photos and gowns plus I think I have a pretty good deal.. But kinda regret signing up so quickly though...Think I'm missing out on all the fun in choosing gowns...

Dinner venue wise, looking at 250-350 people on a sunday night... I've short listed some and am still searching... Leaning towards Sheraton now.. Heard that it has fabulous food, so I'm going down to view this Sun..

Nope, haven't ROM... Gonna do ROM, tea ceremony, church wedding and banquet all on the same day ...

Yourself??
If you are gonna see the tong shu, that means you can only confirm the date next lunar year right?

hersheys

Hi,
I am not exactly a 2005 bride... but hoping to have customary held late 2004 or in 2005.

<font color="ff00cc">bubblez</font>
Is it Li Bai you are referring to? The food is fab... best to book 1 - 1.5yrs in advance cos they are very popular.
happy.gif

elaine77

hi bubblez,

Its very nice of you to start this thread, im also considering my customary at early 2005 or end 04, we are going to consult our geomancer for the date and see which date is suitable for us.
Wahh.. u start preparing now since yr customary is still like june 2005. You have booked your bridal and banquet? Thats very fast leh..

hersheys.. nice to see u here..hehe

mariam

Hi bubblez
Really nice of you to start this thread.

Hi gals
I am also considering my customary in Jun 05.. I have done some 'homework' by liseting the bridal studio, banquet etc..
Has been reading the comments on the threads to gather more info...

Hopefully we can exchange more info here in this thread..

bubblez

So glad to see more people here :}

Hersheys...
Yes, I'm referring to Li Bai... However just heard that Cod which is their signature dish is served in fillets not as a whole fish.. But tradition dictates that it should be a whole fish leh..

Elaine.. I'm planning early cos I'm kinda picky.. we have a budget and I want a particular date a particular hotel... I'm also studying and am having my hols now... So planning ahead coz I'm really busy on a normal day..By the way, what's the difference between a Geomancer and a Tong shu?

Mariam...Hi! So which locations are you considering for your banquet??

There are loads of wedding fairs now.. anyone going for any of them? I just signed up for the one by marina mandarin... considering the one by bridal veil too..

chelsea

hi all,

i am a 2005 bride as well but a very late one cos mine should be in Nov or Dec. I know it is still too early but i tot it is always good do some 'homework' so that by then i will not be too confused.

hi bubblez, i tot of going for the bridal veil but not sure... anyone interested?

elaine77

Hi everyone!,

Bubblez, oic.. no wonder you are preparing now. Im working freelance and teaching part-time so time is flexible for me so im taking my time to do some research on banquet and bridal studio. I have actually short-list some hotels so will start going down to view their ballroom during nov and dec, as my hubby is quite busy these 2 months so gotta wait til nov. hmm.. i think the difference is geomancer dun use the tong shu to check the dates, they have another method, im not very sure. For tong shu, if you know how to use its good but if not calculate wrong date also no use. For us we prefer to look for geomancer, our ROM date was chosen by him, its a very good date and everything goes on very well.

Hey.. mariam.. welcomes to the thread... i did not go to any bridal shows most of them are during weekend and im working on weekends.. so kind of missed most of them.

bubblez

Chelsea.. I think you should go for the BV show.. the prizes are quite good! I' m considering coz I have a Bridal studio package already..

Elaine.. Which hotels are you considering?
happy.gif

elaine77

Hi Bubblez,

Im actually considering HIPV, Merchant Court, Carlton and New Otani, maybe pan pac ocean ballroom promotion but heard that most of the good dates are taken up. SO far i have been to see Carlton hotel ballroom because i just had my ROM soleminisation there 2 weeks ago. The ballroom looks fine to me and new but the ceiling is low and has pillars, thats the minus points. For the other hotels, i have not seen thier ballroom yet most prob will go during nov because my hubby not free these 2 months.

what about u? which hotels you are considering

vivibright

hi bubblez and all
hmmm..nice sharing :eek:)
mine is on Jan 2005, but havn't settle for a date coz need to 'pay a visit' to the geomancer
hey, any nice wedding banquets to suggest? not too ex...coz no $$$ [in view of the 5%] urggh ..

elaine77, how's merchant court? good? me also considering that ... concord is also pretty cozy and nice :eek:)
just attended a wedding last week
keep me updated, ya?
cheers ...! :eek:)

bubblez

Hi elaine.. saw your post in the other forum about banquets
happy.gif

Sheraton is at the top of my list right now but we are also meeting coordinators from hilton, meritus mandarin, crown prince this weekend as well.. keep you updated.. Think I may have the banquet details for carlton and pan pac...i can email it to you if you are interested..

Starbright... what's your budget and how many tables are you looking at?

vivibright

hmm, i'm looking at approx 28~32tables
well, budget .. around $500~600[weekdays] and &amp; $550~$650 [weekends]
think that's only like ... otani, concord, merchant, grandplaza parkroyal ...
what abt carlton? anyone been there?
how much r u looking at for crown prince, bubblez?

bubblez

Carlton: $668 sun-thur $768 fri &amp; sat

CP: $618 weekday $738 weekend
From what I have gathered: food from restaurant Long Jiang supppose to be not bad, Has pillars and no stage, only a platform. If you are interested can contact Kris who is suppose to be better than Cathy. Anyhow there is a CP fair next friday
happy.gif

Intercontinental: $598+++ mon-thur, $753+++ sat, $728+++ Fri, sun

happy.gif

sihui_jing

<font color="cc00ee">Hi ladies .. can I join in the thread too ...
32488.gif

Getting ROM in Dec 2003 .. planning to get customary in two years time ... tenatively in 2005/2006 .. So want to join in the fun here ...
32489.gif

So far .. din really go thru the hotels list yet .. but hoping to find something that offer free flow of beer, waiver for the corkage &amp; including for duty free too ... Budget will be ard $600, hopefully not more than $650 per table loh ...
happy.gif

Hi Elaine, Andreal &amp; Hersheys .. so nice to see you gals here too ...
happy.gif

Hi Bubblez .. so nice of you to start tis 2005 thread ... it always gd to start planning early .. Sure we will have a great time here in discussing our wedding preparation ...
32490.gif

Cheers!!!</font>

chelsea

Hi bubblez

oh so you heard about the prizes? Hee hee what are the prizes huh? I did not buy this month bridal mag yet, so don't know.

Actually, the only worry i have is that i will be tempted to sign up with me but don't want to regret later. But i also dun want to procrastinate and end up missing the great chance. Haiz... Oops... when is the closing date?

btw.. anyone going for Goodwood Park or Grand Corpthrone?

mariam

Hi gals
I am also considering Merchant Court.. It seems that there are a no of us considering Merchant court.We can actually plan to view the place tog.. Another option for me would be OCC.
Frankly I have not attended any bridal shows.. All the info that I gather are thru this website and friends(word of mouth)..

Hi Sihui: I am also looking around the same line as you where banquets are concerned.. Will be planning for at least 50 tables.. Hubby and I have lots of relative and friends..

Hopefully we can share useful info with one another in this thread.

BTW, has anyone already confirmed the wedding package or banquets already?

bubblez

Chelsea.. Details for BV show

Venue The Pan Pacific Singapore - Pacific Ballroom.Date 17 October 2003, Friday.Time 6.45pm (cocktails); 7.30pm (fashion show)
Fee $20 per couple
1st Prize One Wedding gown from Bridal Veil by Michelle HuiMin worth $5,000.
2nd Prize Five tables of 9-course dinner at The Pan Pacific Singapore worth $5,000.
3rd Prize Two nights at the Duplex Suite at The Pan Pacific Singapore worth $5,000.
4th Prize One men's suit from The Men's Club worth $2,500.
5th Prize One Photography package from Studio D'fia by Kim worth $2,500.
6th Prize One Photography package from Chris Ling Photography worth $2,500.
7th Prize One Photography package from Andrew Choi Photography worth $2,500.
8th Prize One Wedding Consultant package from Wedding Wishes worth $2,000.
Closing date 5 Oct

kitt

hi ladies

i'm also planning for wedding in 2005 tho haven't decide exactly when yet. Have looked at some bridal mags and was thinking of attending grand copthorne's bridal show. I've not gone to any so i was wondering if it is really useful to attend such shows as compared to arranging for a visit to the hotel myself. Can some1 share their experience and wat's the usual prg like?

bubblez

Sharz...you can get the application form from most bridal magazines like style weddings.. it is also available from femalebrides online
happy.gif

I'm going down to meet up with the banquet coordinators from meritus mandarin and crown prince today.. let you all know how it goes
happy.gif

elaine77

Hi ladies,

Good Morning! Nice to see more pple here!
32574.gif

starbright, i have not visit any of the hotel yet, i just liase with them over the phone. HIPV pple are quite friendly and flexible but can say Merchant court pple are not so flexible and rigid towards the perks and freebies. Thats why im still deciding which one to go down, im afraid i go to too many and very confused.. hehe like bridal studio like that. SO far crown prince, i heard quite good comments on it but have not seen thier ballroom yet.

Actually among all the hotels, i like westin and pan pac but hor its all beyond my budget unless i strike ToTO!.. kkekke but wishfull thinking.

dolphin, my geomancer is my uncle's friend. My previous hse and this place im staying with my parents, we consulted him for fengshui, he is quite good. My ROM date was chosen by him also, very good and everything went on smoothly. Regarding pricing, i think its better that you call them and ask them personally. If you want to find out more, i can give you his contact no., just leave me an email..

Kitt, I think attending the shows allows you to see the ballroom and the settings, like they will setup one table for you to see and they will have more perks and freebies during the shows but sometimes but if there are too many pple, the co-ordinatoor may not have so much time to go into details at the show, u might have to go down another day to finalise with the co-ordinatoor.

Today friday.. weekend coming..
32575.gif

kitt

hi elaine, thanks for sharing. do i have to sign up tat day itself to enjoy any promotions that they have? Or i can sign up later and still enjoy the perks?

chelsea

hi bubblez,

thanks! it is really sweet of you to type everything out for me... unfortunately i cannot make it on the 17 oct. sob sob..

hi all,

can i check? How do i go about looking for banquet? Do i call them for appointment? When do i have to put the deposit and stuff like that?

bubblez

Just viewed CP and Mandarin yesterday &amp; spoke to their coordinators
CP: Pros: Kris the coordinator is lovely, very prepared and accommodating; CP has a lift direct to the ballroom and that whole floor is yours so it's kinda exclusive, Food from Long Jiang which is good, Flower stands are nice, no pillars if less than 32 tables.very affordable price $753 WE
Cons: No LCD projector,frontage is old looking, low ceiling, low stage, 3 tier wedding cake
Mandarin {Belvedere}: Pros: Built in LCD projector, looks grand with a baby grand piano at foyer,proper stage, ok ceiling
Cons: Alvin the coordinator is lousy;Flower centrepiece is puny, 10 pillars!!6 fat brown ones at the side,4 skinny white ones in the midddle;sharing foyer with another ballroom,mandarin has 2 towers guests may get lost;ugly stage decor one white sheet with ugly gold ribbon;predicted price 2005 WE: $820

I 'm not fully satisfied with either...CP has a more cosy feel,cheaper &amp; I really like Kris the cood but the ceiling is really low... Mandarin is more grand but not so exclusive has 10 pillars! more ex and if I go there I'm gonna ask for another co-od and top up for a change in decor... Oh well shall go view some others and see how..

elaine77

HI Kitt,

You can either sign-up on the spot or sign up later. You know those sales techniques lah.. like if u sign now den u get the perks.. sign later no perks all these kind. Its up to you to make the decisions. I think depends on the different hotels, some may have the promotion onger. WHich date are you looking at?

wahh.. bubblez.. thanks for sharing.. very detialed studies.. you went to so many hotels over the weekend.. must be tiring

sihui_jing

<font color="ff66cc"> Bubblez: Hello, must be very tiring to go ard looking for hotels .. beside that, shd be pretty fun oso .. Guess, won't be so soon sourcing for hotels .. maybe only able to shortlist a few hotels in mind only ... &amp; oso looking out for country club oso ... any nice country club to recommend?? </font>

andreal

hey ppl!!
I just remembered i posted here b4 haha..so happy to see so many of you planning customary in 2005 :D
Yup gona wait for tong shu..but mi and fh thought of hving in Dec.
As for BS, i quite like BV, Golden Horse..but still got lotsa time to source ard.
Just wonder is it true that hotels will only offer better perks/freebies during the wedding roadshow?

Bubbles,
so u signed up during one of the wedding fair la..just wonder tos lucky draw only open to tos who signed up wif them? or whoever dat attend the fair?? wat if my fh cant attend since on the application must fill up both particular?? sorry i hv too many qns
happy.gif

Hersheys,elaine &amp; Shihui..nice to cya guys here too!!

Mariam,
you got quite alot of tables, myself loking into ard 30 tables cos my father's side relatives fr M'sia so might be a problem whereas my fh's side got many relatives.

kitt,
im attending my fren's wedding at Grand Copthorne Waterfront this nov, will feedback u guys abt it then.

Chel,
im oso interested in BV ley..but yet to check their package. Same here customary will be end of 2005.

starbright,
my budget for banquet quite close to wat u &amp; Sihui stated *S*

bubblez

Chelsea.. Can't seem to access my spreadsheet..I need to get my BF to email it to me then I can forward it to you..

Sihui.. Not too sure about country clubs coz I didn't look into it but quite a few people seem to be using OCC..

Andreal.. Yeah I signed up during an offer period.. When I signed up, they only want details like name, ic number, predicted wedding date and your deposit
happy.gif

chelsea

hi bubblez,

sure no problem! take your time.

hi andreal,

where can I get the tong shu? My fh and myself are not particular but my FIL and parents will most prob want it.

and which are the hotels that you have shortlisted? I am thinking of spending 750 nett max for hotels and 650 nett for restaurants (all weekends). Hence i will have to take those mid range hotels...

Urgh... it is so difficult to choose a good venue. We have to consider the budget, the food, the service, the perks, the deco, the accesibility, the grandness.... headache headache.

andreal

Bubblez,
oh thks for the info *winkz*

Chel,
can get the tong shu fr tos incense shop. Same thing mi and fh is owright but FIL are bery particular
happy.gif
Tos i shortlist is Noble House, M Hotel, New Otani range. I bliff when the time all of us are into sourcing ard, that will be more choices coming up *smile*

I hv a budget too leh...fh tease mi no $$ then put at voiddeck lor. ARGHHH!!

anhl

hi girls,

i'm going to be a 2005 bride too, tho' my ROM is next mth. i'm too lookg ard for hotels, etc.. to hold my customery and have visited Rasa sentosa last week... really lovely place... hope to hold my wedding service outdoors facing the sea, followed by dinner.... oh, i have a list of the hotel charges etc... don't know if its current... hope u all find it useful!
happy.gif
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msexcel.gif
Hotel Charges
Wedding.xls (26.1 k)</td></tr></table></center>

bubblez

Chelsea, which hotels in particular are you looking at... can I email you the specific package that the hotels sent me instead? My BF still hasn't emailed me though I have been bugging him..
I have detailed package info for sheraton, conrad,meredian, intercontinental,hyatt, mandarin,oriental,pan pac,carlton,mhotel and westin..

chelsea

dear bubblez,

thank you for making the great effort.

i m thinking more affordable hotels like Merchant Court, Traders Hotel, M hotel or maybe the Tung Lok restaurant such as Nobel House, Club Chinois.

mariam

Andreal: Yeah both my hub and myself alot of relatives and friens.. Haizz..
Intially wanted a small and cosy affair but FIL say not very nice. Wanted to do w/o the banquet but FIL say cannot. Everything like that canot like this also cannot..
sad.gif

Where have you shortlisted? My fren had her photos taken at GHA and its quite nice..

kitt

Hi Elaine

Have not decided exact date yet (early to mid 05) so i'm very sure i wont sign up even if i go for the show. Tat's why hesitant about signing up for show

Andreal... Thanks!! ever been for wedding in Corpthorne's some years back and feel that their main ballroom with the garden backdrop by the side v nice. But i might not have enuff tables to sign up grand ballroom ......sigh. So let me know wat u think of the place ya?

dor

Hi .. any Jan 2005 Brides out there

please join in to share any information.. hope to hear from you gals soon
happy.gif

sandychoo

Hi all brides-to-be,

I'm planning for my customary wedding too and we tentatively make it on 8 May 2003 (Sat). I managed to get wedding package from more than 20 hotels and haven't got the chance to shortlist them.

Am I too early to start planning now?? I've made an appointment with River View Hotel for the real ballroom set-up for wedding dinner this Sunday. I attended my course-mate's wedding there last dec and find it quite okie. They invite me to view the Lily Ballroom. Anybody viewed the ballroom before? Any comments about the River View Hotel??

bubblez

Hi sandy... don't think it is too early... Mine is tentatively mid 2005 too
happy.gif
Not sure about River view though..

applel

Hi....

Im new here and decide to join in the discussion..
happy.gif
)

Going ROM at mth end and plan to have customary dinner in 2005 but couldnt get go dates.
sad.gif
(.any recommendations??

Anyone tried teh fd in Furama Hotel??.Plan to hold dinner there.the grand ballrom quite nice, no pillar.......
happy.gif
).tight budget.have to source around.any suggestions???