(2005) Brides of year 2005

poohcsl

icy, which bs u using? if itz a reputable, should not have any wories la... they are more likely to keep to their words...

mtm got to take certain risks lo... the designers always say that no 2 gowns will look exactly the same... some of them even admit that they are not able to achieve the same effect as those u've seen in the mags... mainly due to the fabric/ beading costs...

audreysu

bluey...my FIL attended a wedding at Carlton b4 & he said the food was very very good. if the ballroom dun have pillars, I sure book Carlton. but I also receive many good feedback on Oriental. my hubby say he let me choose so I take Oriental, I still wan a pillarless ballroom

jany

Dear Tarepanjo,

Next year lunar 8 yue 15 ri is on 18 September 2005. So the 7th month will end on 3 September. So think still hv time to send invites.

My wedding date will be on 22 October 2005.

icy

pooh,
mine is ZWD, quite a new BS. all these have to based on trust i guess. so far i have a very nice experience with my BS. :D

vela

icy, can opt 4 the halter as PS gown since your fh like..hee..he will be very pleased
happy.gif
, just need length alter not too bad, probably u ask if they will cut or sew in?...sew in not so nice ley..oh, so u book liao har? got to hv the trust they safekeep it..ya hor, fashion show gown usually cost higher..

I hv seen OTR PS gown alteration jialat lei..so careful when u pick them..better go with smtg with minor alteration..my fren took several inches off the gown and we can see the 'fold in' lor..not nice, BS always say pix dun show..hahaha, hers was quite obvious especially on slight view pix so no choice got to reject those even her expression look nice lor..

chatterbox

hi ladies!!!!

vela - have u seen Kelvin's AD collage album? quite nice leh.... but he's ex for AD. normal package already 2k....
I dun like John's work :p

hweiz

Hi Little_ger, littlebobeep,

it's somehow a good date for many couples. Even one of my girlfriends is takin this date but she's holding it in JB.....
Have tried a few of the hotels such as MM and the date is being taken up ... sigh kinda worry now

little_a

chatterbox,
yes, i have decided on MS. I visited Andrew Choi, Chris Ling and MS. I was @ chris ard 3pm. Have seen Kelvin and Chris's work. I think both are nice but Kelvin not very consistant. Some of the photos are very nice, some i dun quite like it (no offence).
Kelvin for AD is quite ex. Chris is even more ex, min $5K for AD.

Did u check out MS? EH was there and he explained to me his photography style. I like it. Will be going down again this sat to pay deposit and book PS date.

little_a

hweiz,
actually i din hunt for hotel cos intercon is my only love :p we settled the venue very quickly cos i die die must hold my wedding at intercon.

icy

vela,
but my other friends with me say i look bui bui in that halter neck gown.. like emphasize on my big arms. so i actually pick what i like, not what fh like. :p

chatterbox

ger - so what's EH style? coz when I asked Kelvin, he juz say he like to take happy thgs :p. bit blur. he didn't elaborate on his skill leh.... juz ask me when kind of shoots I like :p

little_a

chatterbox,
More of a lifestyle/based on a concept or theme. EH oso asked me what kind of mood i like for my album. I described to him what i wld like to have in my albums, he can tell me what kind of style i like from the BS i signed up with, the church and AD hotel. He is very personal.

little_a

icy, same same. i oso like sweet sweet romance romance one. especially korean dramas like autumn in my heart, winter sonata. now i am "chasing" the drama "summer scent". ("P)

jellytots77

yo kero... yap yap quite month for wedding on 7th month... today is the 1st day... cos ppl work early & go back early... dun 1 2 stay OT.... kekeke

yo zoe... congrats... i will go update my list... come share share how much is ur package and also how many pixs u given... btw where is this BS of urs hur....

hi sierra... oh so sad to hear tat... we also not bery sure leh... so ur AD also 18 Sep hur... where hv u tried and wats ur budget hur... how many tables u r looking at....

erizen

hi coyote,
Wedding preps have been ok so far. Now things slowly buiding up. Went for my first fitting last Sat and had lots of fun. Lovely to see the gown all pretty and feminine-looking. And i bought this very nice pair of shoes from Hue to wear with the kua.
So...slowly and surely..things are moving along.

What about yourself?

jellytots77

<table border=1><tr><td>Nickname</TD><TD>AD</TD><TD>ROM</TD><TD>Venue</TD><TD>BS</TD><TD>AD Photoshot</TD><TD>AD Videographer </TD></TR><TR><TD>josie</TD><TD>09 Sep 05</TD><TD>1 Oct 03</TD><TD>The Concorde</TD><TD>Golden Horse Award </TD><TD>Stanley Production</TD><TD>Mirage Pictures </TD></TR><TR><TD>judy1</TD><TD>09 Sep 05</TD><TD>27 Feb 04</TD><TD>Meritus Mandarin</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Audrey</TD><TD>09 Sep05</TD><TD>09 Sep05</TD><TD>Rasa Sentosa</TD><TD>Double Up</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>jellytots</TD><TD>11 Sep 05</TD><TD>20 Mar 03</TD><TD>Orchid Country Club</TD><TD>Z Wedding D'sign</TD><TD>Yew Kwang</TD><TD>Mirage Pictures </TD></TR><TR><TD>cu2nite</TD><TD>11 Sep 05</TD><TD>20 Apr 04</TD><TD>Raffles The Plaza</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>tyng</TD><TD>17 Sep 05</TD><TD>18 Sep 04</TD><TD>Allson Hotel</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>cary</TD><TD>18 Sep 05</TD><TD>11 Jun 05</TD><TD>Pan Pacific</TD><TD>Sliverlining</TD><TD>I-werks</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>kero</TD><TD>18 Sep 05</TD><TD> 30 Oct 04</TD><TD>Fullerton (TBC)</TD><TD>Blush Blush</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>piggersorous</TD><TD>18 Sep 05</TD><TD>17 Aug 04</TD><TD>Le Meridien</TD><TD>Printemps @ Citysq JB</TD><TD>Sam Photography</TD><TD>Box Set Media </TD></TR><TR><TD>snowpet</TD><TD>18 Sep 05</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Regent S’pore</TD><TD>Allure Charix</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>odiey</TD><TD>18 Sep 05</TD><TD>24 May 04</TD><TD>Grand Copthorne</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>zoeanne</TD><TD>18 Sep 05</TD><TD>30 May 04</TD><TD>M Hotel</TD><TD>New York City @ JB</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>josl</TD><TD>19 Sep 05</TD><TD> 09 Sep 04</TD><TD>Club Chinois (TBC)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Yew Kwang (TBC)</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>sihui</TD><TD>24 Sep 05</TD><TD>12 Dec 03</TD><TD>Stamford The Plaza</TD><TD>Whitelink</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>smilemelody</TD><TD>29 Sep 05</TD><TD> 29 Sep 03</TD><TD>The Chevron</TD><TD>Thomson Wedding</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>qiqi</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>14 Feb 04</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Double Up</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>cristalle</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Four Season (TBC)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>sweet</TD><TD>01 Oct 05</TD><TD>30 May 04</TD><TD>Meritus Mandarin</TD><TD>Milan</TD><TD>Yew Kwang</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>ming</TD><TD>11 Dec 05</TD><TD>23 Nov 04</TD><TD>Holiday Inn Parkview</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>panggou</TD><TD>14 Dec 05</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Pan Pacific</TD><TD>Golden Horse Award</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</td></tr></table>

butterkiss

Ash,
U mean u are staying with ur FH now?
If it's FIL only, then not so bad... For my case, I have PIL and BIL... But never mind, it'll be a "2 yrs + contract" kind of thing to stay with them... hee hee....

140480.gif

bluey

Hi winniepooh,

oic.. i guess everyone would like to have a pillarless ballroom... but the dragon gate gt 4 pillars... haiz...

Hi ash n butter,
The good pt to stay with PIL is no pub bills..
happy.gif

butterkiss

hello gers....

Finally got hold of my cousin...
She's very shy and said her skills is not good enough to be a "teacher"..... erm, I don't know where she learn her art &amp; craft skills from... but she did the fake flowers corsages before...
Is there really such book that taught us how to do the corsages?? Don't really like craft work... except for cross stitching....

140499.gif

butterkiss

hello bluey....

right now, for my FH's household bills... it's being split among the parents, my FH and his younger brother... I asked my FH before, whether do I need to contribute anything in future or not... he said dun need... *phew*

I agree that staying with in-laws can save some $$.... but conflicts are more bound to happen also... pros and cons....

140505.gif

rokko

hi hi tou... ted wu gowns are mostly the beaded/embriodered kind lor... but the beadings are so intricate and shiny that it gives a v elegant and princessy look... must say that the workmanship is v good and the materials used are of v high quality... i only tried two WGs when i was there but no particular one that i really like, just that the overall opinion of ted wu gowns is thumbs up!!! hehee

panda: wahhh... so fast can view ur fotos liao ah... hehee.. hope it turns out fabulous!!! may i ask which photographer took ur PS ah?? is he good??
happy.gif

coyote

Great that you love your gowns and found your shoes... I went to many places but can't find my shoes. When is Hue located and what is their price range? Thanks.

ger

Welcome dearie,

We have the same wedding day.....

Tare,

Do we have to see a date to send out invitations? Normally, it shd be done b4 GDL rite?

snoop

Hi chercat,
the problem is actually custom related thingy.. eg. my sis wedding was also after chinese new yr period. so she gave out the invitation cards to the relatives on CNY. She actually ordered cakes for them as well but cos CNY period, the cake shop not open so she decided to give the cakes on a later date. u know lah, old folks a lot of those 'weird weird' customs so they say cannot give cakes and invitation cards on separate days, must give together. so in the end, my family had to eat up the cakes ourselves.

me haven't thot of the songs yet too.. my FH not in spore so intend to wait for him to come back then decide. prob u can start shortlisting some songs now, then decide when it's closer to the rehearsal. when will u guys have the rehearsal? is it betta to have it 1 month b4 or earlier?

highness

yo Blur.. dun get upset k..

we oso haven't got a place to stay..
d current flat he's staying now is under his n his family's name.. so gotta withdraw his name first before we can get a flat.. n dat take 3 mths.. but we've been discussing tis issue since last Oct till now nothing done yet.. haha.. we worse lah.. cos can't even get resale flat if cannot withdraw.. then my mum is tellig me, if no house dun get marry! she said, HDB flat will always getting more n more ex.. won't go any cheaper.. better to get a flat early rather den few years down.. haiz.. caught in between.. but we die die oso getting married next year Dec lor..

we want to have our solemnisation during/before the dinner.. is it too early to book now? still got 1.5 yrs leh..

hi virgo_jenn, look forwad to ur update!

Hi Ming,
Japan oso?! ha.. we can go together liao..
budget for photo/videographer? d cheaper d better loh.. wedding gotta spend a lot liao.. later still got house reno/furnish to do.. pocket empty ar.. save like crazy now.. every cent i spend now got to consider first..
FH say i so greedy.. photographer can liao.. still want videographer.. but it's once in a life time!

zoeanne27

Hi Tyng2
I pass by Venus. Went into Elegance too and tried their gowns. Frankly speaking, Elegance gowns are very nice. The just arrive with many new gowns.

But photos skills, I dun find it nice and the perks they gave in the whole package cannot be campared to JB Santiago, NYC or even Venus.

NYC vs Elegance..Elegance have nicer WG, in fact no need to choose MTM. But evening gowns for Elegance are limited. As for NYC, gowns are not as nice as Elegance but still acceptable for me. They are simple, Lacy type. EG are too many for selection , I am too tired to see all.. Ha Ha.

I got one MTM gown from them, as I did not really "scan" their EG, so in case, I dun like any of their EG

NYC is just opposite ( Slightly to the right) of Elegance. The Manager call Elfee seem nice. For price factor, NYC offer me the best.

Package ( If i remember all :p) Quite forgetful lately. I paid for RM$4688nett- SGD$2131.00

they offer me:
1) 12 X 15" - 60 photos ( Magazine style)- Only during Promotion period for 60photos

2) 8R Album - 21 photos ( this album is call "Niang Jia Ben" but i did alot of bargaining to have this album all different photos compared the 12X15" album with some charges.. I cannot remember but no alot of $)
Therefore , in total, I can have 81 photos.

3) 2 Outdoor (2Day 1Nite at Tioman &amp; one at JB)- Tioman -Extra RM$300 and 1 Indoor PS

4)2 Tabletop Frame

5) Car bridal deco, bouquets for all PS and AD

6)4R - 20 return pieces (I reduce from 60pieces to 20)

7)All photos return in CD format - Only for promotion period

8)1WG, 1EG and 1 Teadress ( Up to my choice, which gowns to be MTM, &amp; for the price i paid, I got to select all gowns include all brand new)

9) Groom- 2 set for AD

10) 9 images for PS- both for Groom and Bride

I am not sure if I got a good deal. I went to so many JB BS yesterday till this is the best, plus photoskills are not bad too.

There is also a Clause stated by NYC, if we do not find the pictures good, they will reshoot all pics again FOC for us... However, I got doubt on this. Who want to do a profit loss business? Therefore, i just trust them to do their best for me...

I did alot of bargaining....
and taught to be thickskin... hahahah

snowpet

Hi Sierra,
I have done up some summary on banquet &amp; pricing for 18sep05.If u want,i can forward u.
I think Rasa Sentosa still available coz they ring me last week if I am still interested to go &amp; take a look.... i aso understand Oriental is undergoing renovation thus they have yet to open up Qtr3'05 for booking... u may try calling intercon at bugis aso... guess u got to act fast for 18 sep05... Really hot date!!

ublur

highness, thanks for ur consolation.. well... getting married involove 2 families.. not jus 2 person. Quite sad actually when so many things happen. In the end, i just told my FH that we just try to give in to his parents lor.. wat they want, jus agree as i do not wan my FH to sandwich between them.. As long he appreciate that i m giving in, then it's alright.

Well, u can book it now if u want. It's simply a call.. that's all.. u wan his number?

yuki_ko

Hi Rokko &amp; Minky... u gals went to ted wu? Decided which BS already? Shld have known u gals earlier... seems like having lots of fun BS shopping....
140538.gif

Mi... still thinking of my gown design... so confused... dunno which one to choose...

blush

hehe...little_ger, i was also so set on my hotel that i would have changed date if i couldnt book it on the day i wanted. thats why its the first thing i booked!

yuki_ko

Hi Butter...

No worries lah.. can understand her fear... suddenly a group of gals crowding around her to get help...

Think library should have some art &amp; craft books, may not be on corsages... perhaps something close...
140545.gif

qooi

Hi Chercat,

You get quite a gd deal from Whitelink. Like u, i didnt do much research too...coz my mind is decided to take up Whitelink already. My package is abt 3K plus, but only the evening gown is MTM. Also, free 28 photos full pix. Was jus informed by Whitelink that I gota top up additional 600 bucks for mag style, and 40 bucks for additional photos. So, tink your deal is slightly better than mine..

Harlow gals, noticed that you hv come up with guest list liao... wonder if its too early? Ehh...u mean gota ask your relatives if they intend to attend? Am thinking if can forecast ahead anot..coz some may be planning for last min hols then. I have thot of a few songs though... you can go to the thread on Wedding Songs to get some ideas too
happy.gif

zoeanne27

Hi

I forget to add on.. Above are the perks they offer to me and more..I need to go thru my list... But the basic package still stay...

If you are going to any of these JB BS, please bargain... hee hee... I realise by keeping quiet, its hard for us to achieve what we want. I did a consolidate for all the perks from the JB BS they offer me, write in a list and requested from them. HA HA.. Sorry for being so Kiasu. Just feel wanna make $ worth..