(2005) Brides of year 2005

chatterbox

fates - the list very outdated liao.... pricing not up to date.
yup, u got reccomendation? but must incl free flow and no corkage leh :p

mahjong

chatterbox...

u want wkend, seldom got free flow for hotels. Only like those chinese restaurants will have lor.. Why dun u come out with a budget like not including beer and corckage, how much u willing to pay a table

cheers,
matt

fates

gd luck in your quest chatterbox....anyway this weekends lots of bridal shows right? Go for all of them....I am sure you're find something
happy.gif

bye all!

icy

if not last min then book lor..

hyatt when i go there last mth, they give freeflow beer for 2004 dates for those book during the show.

ane

chatterbox ~ nowadays hardly got ppl drink beer,, so i think the free flow of beer should not be so important lor!! as for corkage of wine,,, can bargain one mah!!! juz my tots lah!!!

icy

hi dinah, matt, jellytot, jitpong,

rom photographer list sent, not very detail cos just information on the web.

peng

wow...all ciao liao huh..

yelo..icy..give me a copy of the p.list pls...why only for rom huh? AD can or not?

peng

yelo..chatterbox..what don't u consider Sat wedding lunch huh? I attended my friend ROM on sat aftnn, find it quite gd....being thinking to hold wedding lunch instead of dinner..anyone got any comments?

kysha

icy

u've got mail!

jelly

hug hug! yo gal, u're doing a good job as outing organiser.
happy.gif

anna

u wan to be pantry lady? hahaha

kysha

hi peng

my friend had a wedding lunch and she made 8k. think it's quite a good choice. would have considered it but i'm having church ceremony too, so have to make it dinner.

audreysu

Hi Venetia

I send the package to u liao...but I'll resend to u again lor. The pkg rate for Marina Mandarin for year 2005 won't be till mid of this year. They'll only be taking in bookings for 2005 when the new package price is out. What I'm sending you is last year's package for your reference only. Their min number of tables for weekend will be increased to 40 tables & the max is 50 & its not neg. I find that with 50 tables inside, the whole ballroom looks very cramped & guest that are sitting at the side of the ballroom will not get the full view of the stage

jellytots77

yo kysha.... i knw i still hv a few supporters 1... so touched... *1 drop of tear dripping down already*....

yo chatter.... i think with ur buget abit hard if u 1 free flow and waive of corkage....

agree with cutie... nowadays ppl dun drink alot of beer liao.... 30L can have abt 90 glasses leh... not enough meh.... since weekday ppl won't 1 2 get so drunk 1 lah....

yo wedding lunch may sound good but make sure u get a good one cos my friend sign up with marriot for lunch... did not provide alot of things not flexiable cos the price is cheaper mah...

yo cutie... GCW now is a pop wedding banquet place for couples... and their price is increasing alot.....

elaine77

Hi ladies,
73806.gif

Happy saturday!! Finally its weekend.. hehee.. today is not my working sat. resting at home.

icy.. can i have the list of the photographers, im looking for 1 too..for my AD. How soon to book for video and photographers? 6months before should be okay right..

chatterbox, ive booked my banquet with Carlton, they gave me reasonable and attractive package of sunday package which is $668 nett with free flow of beer. But one disadvantage of the ballroom, it has 2 pillars, if you have more then 36 tables, it will be abit cramp. Because im on budget and we want a ballroom, therefore we left with not much choices. Heres a few of our choices:

1) Orchard Hotel (nice and grand ballroom but above budget

2) Apollo hotel ( Big and wide ballroom but deco so-so only n location not that good)

3) HIPV (elegant crystall ballroom but they increase the price, aboe our budget)

4) Crown Price Hotel (Zen look and long ballroom, package not attractive)

5) Carlton Hotel (good location,price withnin our budget,attractive package becos we had our ROM there)

Hope that all these info are usefull to you..
73807.gif

jlim

hi everyone,I'm new here..I just rom last oct..planning AD in dec05 hopefully my house will be ready by then..i've not done any booking yet..

cookies_gal

Hi everyone!

Have been very busy at work lately, just got a new assignment that needs to be completed quite urgently.
uhoh.gif
Really miss chatting with all of you at work.
sad.gif
but I still try to read the archives so that I won't be so lost...

icy, thanks for enhancing my original file of AD photographers & videographers! Now it's super useful - Everyone can use it!!! Can I have what you manage to put together? Then I can share with my other friends too! Thanks!
[email protected]

Hi Joyce,
Welcome!

Have a good weekend!

cookies_gal

Hi josie, joyce & elaine77,

I've sent you ladies the original version of the file that I've compiled for AD photographers & videographers.

Dear elaine77,
it's really up to you to decide how soon you wish to book for the AD photographers & videographers. For the more popular ones, you may have to book them even earlier esp if your wedding date is a popular one. Also, there may be certain on-going discounts/promotions which you get to enjoy if you book early. No harm going down to take a look at their portfolio early though.
happy.gif

beachygal

hi everybody!!!

wow.. you gals coumd really tok!! i spent so long reading all the archives and haf not finished reading it yet!!

matthew..
i dun haf any pix leh.. dat day not i take photo one.. was fates, blurblur and smilezz..

icy,
you got all the hotel rates.. can PM me? i need it to narrow down my choise.. tables ard 30+ on weekends..2005. thanks!!

yah, 5th book very draggy and into details.. the thing i dun like is the Umbridge woman.. read about her makes my blood boil.. hahah
happy.gif

thank you all of you gals who said congrats to me!!! too many liao..
happy.gif

welcome joyce!!!
happy.gif

fates

Hi beachygal,
How's your study so far? So you only come in during the weekends huh?

Well tomorrow will be the Style Wedding Bash......hope all the girls who're going have a good time there. Rem to update us ya?

beachygal

fates
yah loh.. can only come ion on weekends!! cos my com at home got something wrg, no internet access so far..

jelly..
i think i been to the chong qin steamboat b4, is the one at the foodcourt level? the chinese steamboat?
it's rather expensive after the +++, i remember paying ard $33, and those who order drinks pay up to $36.. it's rather nice..

but troublesome, cos you haf to order from a list and give it to the waitress.. each order max ard 5 dishes i think(each time you reorder lah) o forgot liao .. but it's something like that.

the congress one, it start at 6.30pm..
and queue quite long liao..
suggest we go there to queue ard 6.20pm..
if payment by cash.. we get priorty to go in first..
the guy will come table to table to collect the cash after he settles the crowd queueing outside..
so dun need to fork out all the cash so fast(cos i understand some of u might not arrive early)
by showing a DBS card(no need credit card) gets you a 10% discount.. so each one pay ard $22.50.(cos now GST increase)

beachygal

oh yah.. any gals whose ROM is near.. like these few mths or something? need extra photographer??
my fren is doing part-time photography ans is building up his portfolio.. now he's charging $0!! yes.. free..

think dun expect too much.. but if you need extra pple to take photos.. why not? no cost.. but i think only these few mths free..

cos after he build up enof.. gonna start charging.

sms me if interested.. dun pm me.. wun be chatting in week days

ublur

icy, send it to me can? [email protected]

beachygal, hi, nice to c u back again, long time no c u liao.. so u must b really happy these few days rite? rem to share wif us how ur bf propose to u. guess it must b a surprise to u right?? so will u b coming for our next outing? jellytots is our organiser....

hmmm.. can c a lot of new comers here.. welcome all..

beachygal

hi blur blur..

morning.. *yawn*
going to school in a moment's time, so use my sis's laptop to check the forum!! haha..
really addictive! think of it dy and nite

my FH proposal.. ok.. to save you the trouble of reading the archive back again(which is super far back..)here it is:
was his birthday that day, so he invited alot of his frens to the beach to celebrate loh..

so it was the cake cutting time.. was abit surprised when he made a thank you speech to some frens who came down specially..
when suddenly, he was like fumbling under the table for something..

then he announced ;" in front of everybody here today, i would like to proposed to my gf.." pulled out the flowers and knelt down and asked me to marry him!!

(sorry for those who haf to read it again.. hehe
happy.gif

anyway, he told me he actually plan to put the roses into the cake box, so when he open up the box, it's not a cake.. but a bouquet of flowers..

but alas!! he couldn't find a cake box big enof to hold it!! hahah.. so plan 'A' failed.

queen

Hi all!
Can I join in?
I'll be a Mar 05 bride.
Very active thread, so many postings!
Didn't really have the time to go through all of them.

So far, I have my venue booked and confirmed, bought my wedding gown from Allure Charix. Also got my outdoor photography settled. Some of you brides here are really efficient...Seemed to have most of the things done. Now I'm a bit worried cos I haven't got my evening gown, haven't got florist, haven't got makeup artist etc, haven't got actual photogaphers!

Wanna check with you all, when should I book a JP if my wedding is Mar 05? I want to get one of the popular JPs, but is it too kiasu to call them up now?

tyikkim

Hello Jitpong,

Preps have been mostly completed. Already selected and paid deposit for FS and booked Heath from Silhouette. AD is on 26 Feb. How about yours??? We are now just short of selecting the caterer for the lunch reception...

jlim

Hi everyone.. good afternoon..
queen,seems like you have completed most of the things.. JP . i have no idea cos I have do nothing yet. I'm still looking around for the venue.

felicity

hi gals
quiet sunday.. i hv a lazy sunday...went to church then spent the rest of the day with fh at home..

we looking to buying a walkup apartment at he conservation shophouses at tanjong pagar.. any idea how much tt cost?

fates

hi queen, lim ~ welcome
happy.gif

anna ~ wah lazy sunday huh! Ya those walkup apartment is very nice, and I think it's pretty ex right....

well i spent the whole day shopping and you girls know how much I spent? sigh.....but it's great fun!
Stress....so went for retail therapy :p

jlim

hi fates.. shopping.. wow that nice. I can't cos already out of budget for this month .. still have a few wedding to attend hehee..
So what have you bought? Any promotion?

felicity

fates
actually i don't know the price.. seems like nobody is selling and i am having trouble getting info on how to go abt buying. can't seem to find anything in the classified ads. i am hoping to find a freehold walkup apartment (2nd or 3rd flr) and not hv to buy the shopfrnt with it... anyone can help? any info will be useful..

fates, i'll guess the average. 300-500 bucks. am i correct? tell me wat you bght? esp if its stuff fm roxy.. wow!! i've been a gd girl this wkend. just church and home. haha. i did go down to surf gal fri evening just to check out the minis but to no avail. so hard to find a plain beige mini in sg.