(2005) Brides of year 2005

tambourina

hey zoeanne, thanks for your reply! I called up the nail salon to make appt. She asked me how many nail extensions am i going to make. I said 10....i have a feeling it's going to cost me a bomb.

anyone going for PS within the next 2 weeks?

Am keeping track of the weather now - looking out of the window every now and then.

I checked the weather outlook for the next 10 days - scattered thunderstorms. 'Tis the monsoon season.

mikmik, did you DIY your wedding invitation cards? any pics to show? sounds pretty.

starmoon

hi mikmik
sorry if i confuse u...the big collage haf to pay extra...not included in package
sad.gif
so we need to top up to a certain amt then we can get all pics back in CD. your package much better since u can choose 30pcs of 8R or 20 pcs of 15R....best of all, u can get all pics back without having to top up. oh and yes, the collage will look very nice when framed up cos i saw in our bs and i like it very much so will mostly do one to get all our pics back in CD and then maybe go outside to develop cos cheaper. me gone for 2 fittings liao and will be gg for trial make up this week...your gown must be very pretty and sexy since they r famous for it and i think bv has introduced swarvoksky(spelling?) crystals sewn on the gowns...saw in one of the bridal mags and it is very nice and special.

hi anne
thanx for the note...glad to hear it wun clash with ours lor cos hope everything will go well mah....hopefully she'll do it later in the afternoon lor if not we'll be super tired cos my fh still wanna haf a private party after our dinner so i guess we'll have a super super late night!

chatterbox

hi hi decimal,
long time no tok!!!!! muz show me yr AD pixs
happy.gif

icy 1st, then cookies gal then me lah
happy.gif

Now me very stressed up leh, scared last min got thgs cock up
sad.gif

pisduck

hi cookie,
pai say. u are right. my place was featured on sunday times a couple of weeks back.
happy.gif

hi novel,
the corsage look quite nice. do u know what other colors they have? or are there only white ones?

pierced22

wah caitlyn, u did so much shopping over the wkend!
u muz try the silicon bra thingy den feedback to us whether gd or not? so many brands now rite in the mkt so dunno which one is gd.

highness, wow the part abt not landing muz hv been really scary. but glad u r back now safe and sound. *hugz*
wah...so the prposal muz have been touching too rite.
too bad im one of those who didnt get one, mi hubby sort of the practical kind and i alredy started to ask abt marriage when we wanted to apply for flat. so mi no solitaire at all. no pt mi asking for one now since already married. haha....

watashi, wah..so exciting to see ur gown finally.

ashie, so u gg tmr?? mi only wait til tiz sun to see how the Egs are like. still deciding whether to cancel off mi OTR WG and do MTM. very indecisive over wad gowns to choose. big headache over the decision. u gals took long to choose ur design not?

zoeanne27

Hi Tam
No worries... 10 fingers? Wow... thats really cost at least $50..extra...When you remove, it is another cost..

HI gals.. I apologise that I cannot go for the gathering already.. My hubby suggest going for a short trip as it is our 1st year ROM anniversary on the 30th. So he wanted to go for a 3 D 2N...therefore i cannot attend the gathering liao..Paiseh.. Ah... I will miss you gals...

Hi jelly, i will still pass you the tiara.. see which day we can meet up to pass you.. Where u stay?

zoeanne27

HI Anne
I got myself 2 pairs.. one for outdoor PS. cos it will get dirty.. but i got a very cheap pair for PS instead..

Actually depend on individuals.. Some gals' PS can see their shoes very clearly will required to buy a very nice pair etc...
happy.gif

ppp

Hi Pisduck,

Thanks Pisduck, managed to see your website at last.
happy.gif

It is a nice website n I also like your ZN pis very much....

mehmeh_lim

Hi Zoeanne

Have fun at ur trip! Where u heading too? See whether can pick up anymore lobangs fr u.. Heehee

Hi Annesep

kao_welcome.gif
to this thread! For my PS, I've used 1 pair tt I think would last still AD. It still can, but it's a little dirty, shows the imprint of my feet. If I can clean it off, then I shall save some $$$. But i saw this lovely pair in silver, with diamantes surrounding pearls. This design repeats itself along the straps. Very beautiful & only $69.90, from Walking Culture (Millenia Walk)

I guess alot wld depend how much u want to spend & whether ur PS shoes last thru the PS..

mik

hi tambourina,
i DIY the inserts
blush.gif
not the cards. cards -- am getting from the hotel since they will be providing 80% of cards. *paiseh* if i sounded confusing
blush.gif

hi starmoon,
oic.
i think we're lucky becos we signed up pretty early last year. think there was a revision of the PS pkgs offered to BS this year or smthng whereby only selected pics will be returned.
wow! your preps are moving along at a good speed!
heehee.
blush.gif
din opt for the sexy look since dun have sexy figure. heehee.
blush.gif
but keeping fingers crossed that the gown will make me look pretty.
blush.gif

highness

haha.. who else haven't share how ur FH proposed?? watashi oso nvr share rite? amy? ashie? chanol? keke..

me really depressed afer he booked the banquet without proposal.. at that time, can always tear without knowing why.. like no value like that.. he oso brought me to choose the proposal item but i was telling him no need, all i want was juz a question. still, he bought it 1 day and juz pass to me without saying anything. so angry! throw the thing back to him and ask him wat's the meaning of this! haha.. then he go ask around for help, and properly proposed weeks later after much planning..

ah.. i havne't buy wedding bands ar.. but ok lah.. still got time.. we dun intend to wear it for PS.. so i got no progressing..
sad.gif

tambourina

Hi Anne,

I bought a pair for AD and not going touch that cos it costs me another bomb.

For PS, i will bring along a pair of 3" inch heels just for the height. BS said i can use theirs. When walking ard, i might wear sneakers or slippers.

Zoeanne, remove the fake nails still need to pay? I thought it will 'pop' out by itself.

hey girls, have you already worked out how much AP you are going to give out to helpers, drivers, VG, PG and etc. on AD? That day, FH and i sat down to calculate. Came up to more than $1k!!! *gasps*

mik

hi Anne,

i was advised that it's better to buy a cheap pair of shoes for PS becos gonna be walking all over and throw away after PS if it's too dirty and reserve the nicer pair of shoes for AD.

pierced22

yo super long never pop into tiz thread. so confused voer the 2 threads.

yep, looking for suggestions on where to go in dec? big headache as need to look at budget as well as places. a lot of places in dec either winter or monsoon. sian!

puff! i act very tempted to trim mi hair too. only coz of the wedding dat now i have long hair but mine very thin and it drops easily so i dun want to lose all mi hair even bef mi wedding! so how short will u go?

zoeanne27

Hi Tam
Dun ever try to pull out urself..It will spoilt ur nails.. I think to remove one fake nail cost another $5.. I went neighbourhood manicure and paid $5 for 2 to be remove..
I asked the same qs.. ah? I put on liao still must charge me to remove it ah...OMG!!

I also did i rough calculation.. Yes.. about $1K or more lor...

Hi meh
Hubby wants to go Cameron Highlands.. Still not so ex and affordable..No lobangs at Camerons la.. unless i can think something out of tea leaves and strawberries.. :p

wtan

hi hi anne..
heehee...mine is on 30th sept & 2nd oct...so u will be having ur dinner at esplande room, one of my gf just had her soleminsation cum reception there this yr, that ballroom is pretty cosy & i think it's quite nice...it's not a very big ballroom but i guess it shd be nice for ur grp..the service staff there is pretty friendly too..i also went to have a look at the VIP check-in at the 25th flr..the view is very nice...

hi hi starmoon..
i guess whether indoor or outdoor with the doggy will be nice, as long as doggy is willing to co-operate with us nicely..heehee..i guess if u will be bringing doggy for outdoor shoot, that will be better too..more natural...cheers~

annesep

Ladies(Tambourina,Zoeanne,Mehmeh), thanks for the advice.

mehmeh,
thanks for the info on the shoes. will go down this weekend to recce. =)

watashi

highness.. your fh very cute ley.. but hor, u still haven tell us how he proposed?

mine is nothing fanciful.. i'm actually not a ring person so early early already told him i dun want solitaire/diamon ring. instead i had always wanted a Tag Heuer watch, if want to marry me then get me the watch. So on my b'day 2 yrs ago, we went shopping in orchard and he just suddenly bring me into the hour glass shop lor.. boring rite.

mehmeh_lim

Hi Zoeanne

Hahah, no need liao.. Dun think tea & strawberries are going to have any lobangs for me! Hiaks

Hi Anne

Another place I saw a lovely pair is Prima Vera, at Junction 8 ground floor. Opp Charles & Keith. Also around $70-80.. Have fun shopping!

I had my bubbles at the outdoor PS. And the photographer was able to capture. Even my fren who was there was able to with a normal 3-4 megapix camera. It's fun!! Loved those pix with the bubbles

annesep

actually for outdoor shooting, can we bring those "bubbles" foam as special effects? can photo capture that and will that be nice?I think that would be nice during sunset time, where the golden ray hit of the colour bubbles..

tou2

Hi Sharlene

I got the same no of guests as you
happy.gif

Wah, finally!!
happy.gif
Cant wait to see your pics!! Please send me the link once you upload, yar? [email protected]

Hi Yuki. I got the email but was too busy these days in the office to go in. Will try try to do so this week. Sorry :p

tou2

Hi gals

Hi Dey, could you please send me the link to your pics too? Thanks!! [email protected]

Hi Pisduck, please send me the link to your webby. Thanks!!

Hi Joyce, saw your pics liao. Wow, you really pretty pretty bride leh. The pics at the seaside very dramatic - very nice!! Didn't know that Desaru can be so nice too
happy.gif

zoeanne27

Hi meh
I also got bubbles for my photos.. We bought a small bottle n get the photographer assistant to blow it.. the bubbles fell from the top.. very nice.. Photos can see such effects.. we are like playing with bubbles.. ( for Indoor la)

outdoor, evening time, we play with sparkles.. very nice too...

decimal

chatter!!!!!! Where have you been??? miss you ley =) When is your AD? and when is cookies? aiyo... me getting old so memory not good la... kekeke...

icy... yar lor, you must be very busy now, but you must try to relax after next week, just dump everything to your hubby and you just concentrate on being mei mei for that day.... kekeke....

starmoon

hey gals,
wow, seems like most of you having 2 pairs of shoes ah...me only bought one pair leh and actually i oso scare that the outdoor ps might dirty my shoes but i cannot use another pair cos my length of gown cuts nicely at my feet (whereby can see my toes) so that i dont haf to pull my skirt up when walking lor and oso wun trip easily. any advice how to keep it clean and not get it ruined? the sales asst advise me to clean it with a damp cloth after my PS to get rid of any foot prints but i'm thinking if we go beach then how??? headache liao...

hey anne,
perhaps u can also play with it (that will show the playful side of you)- just get those big ring ones and dip it and swing it and bubbles will come out. think can get it in toyz r' us....if not, get someone to create it at the side for u. think that will be nice...something different. y not check with your photographer and i think he/she will be in the best position to advise u.

hey wtan
u r rite...the key to it is the cooperation from our doggy...i just scare that he might dirty my gowns with his footprints...maybe i'll have to bring wet tissues to clean his paws before putting him on my lap.
happy.gif

cookies_gal

Yo Decimal!
You looking for me?
happy.gif
How's married life?

Hi chatterbox,
Long time no see!

Hi icy,
I'm also very stressed, can feel that my temples are very tense these days... haiz.

icy

decimal,
my hb over at bkk for business trip.. he went there last week and only back here this sat. then my hotel side also problematic leh, until now also cannot confirm the deco.

cookiegal,
how is ur prep? still miss out anything?

decimal

icy, ic... so this sat when he is back, you can tell him seriously that it's time for him to handle everything liao... kekeke... =P Why your hotel still cannot settle deco?

tinks1210

deci.. my AD on Sep 9 leh, u tink can make it?
Damn stressed.. everything so rush...
i haven't even mit up wif the htl for the deco oso...

chatterbox

decimal,
Me seldom contribute to this thread, but always reading. I juz had my PS 2wks ago hahaha.....
now stressed with guestlist too
sad.gif

Juz hope everything will get over soon.

cookies_gal

Hi tinks,

Mine took slightly over 3 months coz I didn't want to hurry my BS.

Hi icy,

7788 already I think. Meeting my helpers this weekend to brief them. Have yet to wrap my ang pao box and helpers' presents though.

icy

decimal & tinks,
me closed to 4 mths already.. better cater some time for hiccups.

decimal,
cos they are changing vendor, suppose to confirm today, but somehow the deco not up to their expectation so I am waiting for them to discuss and see if they are keeping the old deco first.

annesep

Hi Wendy,

you mentioned your gf had her solemnisation there.. how big is her group? i thought my group is pretty kind of small (13-16 tables), no choice not much selection on the venues...