(2005) Brides of year 2005

pisduck

hi cookie,
yep, think we missed each other. i was in the common engg camp. :p my field is electrical engg.
happy.gif

i like my local pics too.
happy.gif
find them quite natural. hee.... actually, all the credit goes to my photographer.
happy.gif

so, what flowers did u finally choose? i really could not decide but in the end, settled for pink and ivory on the advice of my planner. but we do not have a mock up.
sad.gif
u are one lucky gal.
happy.gif

hi woof,
the reno (without furnishing) is $40K. think everywhere also sama sama. :p our place is an EC (semi-govt).
happy.gif
this is really my hubby's 1st attempt in web design so, i am glad u like it.
happy.gif

hi jazzee,
no prob. send u the link later.
happy.gif
btw... dun think i have looked at your pics yet. hmmm.... can u send me the invite as well? thanks.
happy.gif
[email protected]

gohwf

Hi d woof

how abt "kiss me" (can't remember the singer) would b quite nice 4 morning express highlights...just a tinkle..
happy.gif

Hi pisduck

can share with me as well... [email protected]
Thanks in advance..
happy.gif

Hi PPP

Thanks...
happy.gif
...so how much is one piece?

jellytots77

yo wendy... so we opps hur...

yo jnj... yap no worry i settle with him liao... nice guy... recommend ppl to get fm him too... i bought mine liao... gog to start it really soon...

annesep

I am really lost abt the details on wedding & PS. hope to get idea for PS, might appear blunt to pop a question out of nowhere, but really hope can get some valuable advice from you all. btw, did you gals have the day room for your ah yees from the hotel? Normally how many albums do you all intend to display at your dinner?

annesep

Is there any way to speed up the wedding album as i heard my BS take long time to develop and create the album... how to chase them without offending them?

weddingprep05

Hi Pisduck,

Thanks for the link.
Your photos at NZ is really nice!! Like them very much. Hope u enjoy yr big day!!

Just a point... Not sure if there are no music is some of the pages?

jnj

Jelly,
u bought at the same price or the price can go lower?

Anne,
when is ur AD? sept too?.....some of the bride here also having PS in june....so should still have enuff time to develop n create the album. normally, think the longest the BS will take is abt 3mths.....u can inform ur BS that u will wan ur album to be ready by certain date cos thats what i did to my BS too cos i wanna choose n develop one of the pic into poster for my banquet .

What do u wanna know abt PS? have u selected ur gowns?....just get plenty of rest, drink plenty of water...go for facial, mani&pedi if u wan.....the rest u can leave it to ur BS.

I may be getting a room for my jiemeis .....as they will be helping me fr morning till night....

sharlene

Snippy,
We invited almost 400 pple as hotel tld us to invite 10-20% more guest than our original 35 tables in case pple dun turn up.

annesep

Janice,

Thanks for replying my msg. Really appreciate your advice. My AD is on Sep 18, the hot date... *headache* i have selected my gown, and it is copper/gold colour EG (dunno whether it will stand out during the dinner cos my skin is a bit tanned. I had hard time choosing the gowns, it took me 5+ hours to choose them. do we get to choose our hair style on PS? for PS need to provide the transport for my photographer, have to source for driver... cos cant be i drive the car in my gown... my FH just pass his driving recently, not very stable yet... what to watch out for Outdoor PS, planning to sentosa and esplanade for PS.. scared will be too tired, cos next day still need to work. i am worried for the make up when outdoor...

Btw, think you can ask your hotel to provide day-room based on complimentary. Mine (Carton Hotel) provide such service, for our sisters to rest before the dinner.

starmoon

hi anne

normally your bs will provide u with a trial make up and that is when u let them know what hair style u like and what kind of colours to use on you...me having trial next week and these are the info gathered from my sis...that is why trial usually takes about 2 hours cos they will try different looks and hair style on you and then u let them know which one u like best and they will use it for PS and AD lor.

i thought normally the photograper will drive us out for outdoor shooting...didnt know itz the other way round. but itz ok cos if need be, my hb will drive. perhaps u can ask a fren/relative to be driver for that day....seems like lotsa of people take in sentosa and esplanade...guess singapore really small so can't be avoided bah...me oso have not make up my mind where to go and we r thinking of letting the photographer take the lead lor. me oso working next day after my ps and was worried that i'll be tired too and was contemplating if wanna take one more day off and in the end, i choose not to cos i prob can tahan lor. dun worry too much, if need be, just take an extra day off. most importantly, rest well the night before PS so that wun wake up looking like panda and it shld be ok bah...oso remember not to drink too much water before sleep if not u'll get puffy eyes. best not to drink at least 2 hours b4 sleep. hope the info helps...basic rule...don't worry, be happy and i'm sure it will definitely show in yr pics.

pisduck

hi weddingprep,
thanks.
happy.gif
u are right, some of the pgs have no music cos we could not agree on which musical piece to use! still sourcing....
happy.gif

hi sharlene,
yaloh, pics turned out better than i expected. let's see.... altogether we chose about 45 pcs, i think.
happy.gif

hi novel,
no probs. will send u the link...

oh yes...
seeking advice... how many corsage (pin-kind) do we need on AD (morning+ nite)? do mums also wear these?

cookies_gal

Hi ladies,

Bought my GDL stuff at Chinatown with my mum today. So happy, finally got this out of the way!
happy.gif

BTW, those who are interested, the address of the shop is
Blk 335, #01-99, Smith St, Chinatown Complex

Also went with my mum to buy her kebaya. Lovely piece and best thing is I can even borrow from her to wear. kekeke... I also found out that I can wear kebayas but not cheongsams - can't run away from that Peranakan bloodline!

Hi Pisduck,
For groom, usu 2 corsages. As whether mums wear it, it's up to them actually. Best to check with them. For the parents' corsages, can wear just 1 the whole day.

cookies_gal

Hi Pisduck,
Missed your earlier post..

For my ballroom flowers, the overall colors will be in hues of pink and green. As for the rest of the details, I will let my coordinator work things out with the florist. I trust that I will be pleasantly surprised.
happy.gif
Heard from him that the main flowers will be roses, with some eustomas.

woof

hello pisduck,
oic...nice do up for ur place.....so now who does the cleaning...hehe
btw ur HB really did a good job!i m sure u love it too
happy.gif

vivian,
can we haf more than 1 song in morning highlight? not sure hw the song goes...will check it out
kao_biggrin.gif

maiden78

hi blursotong!!

well, i've been staying at my place for e pass 2 mths.. starting to get use to my place.. will get a bit uneasy if i don slp on my own bed! hehe...

u also planning for korea? well, for me i don watch korea shows.. but im v interested in hot spring!! tats y im eyeing either korea or taiwan as both hav tis...

btw, u done up ur guest list yet? think tis will b another big headache!

oh yah, tom going for my first fitting... so v excited!

annesep

Thanks Starmoon, your information sure help me for the hairstyle.. lucky you tat your FH can drive.. i scare i might be too excited till cannot sleep... after the choosing of gown, seem that i am having sleepless night... stressed. My trial make up seem that no hair styling, but only PS and actual day... have to pay $50 for hairstyling for my trial (planning to use the trial make up for my ROM). my BS is french bridal.

joteohl

hi lynn
no worries!
happy.gif
care to share abt ur newly started married life?

hi mei & i_bless_u
do share wif us ur AD's interesting happenings!

seval

Ya lor.. my trial MU also dun include hair styling. Wah.. starmoon, yr MUA so good, even doing hair styling for you.

I'm having my trial make up this wednesday. will let her know what styles I like. But the problem is, I still dunno... hahaha

Starmoon - My AD is on 10th sep.

I think the default florist is Sir Charles if I'm not wrong. I think we have to go to the florist ourselves if we are thinking of Woodsville. what I will do is to call them up an appointment or sth, see if they can meet up with us for a discussion.

caitlyn

morning gals... hope the weekend went well.. rainy monday morning.. i super blur.. today is marking day so can actually wear casual clothes but i forgot.. so silly.. all my colleagues wearing jeans and shorts but me in my usu clothes.. haha

many updates.. hee.. finally bought my shoes.. bought from metro in the end.. hee.. a similar pair to the URS one.. but heel not so thin and not so high.. =) also bought the sillicon bra thingy.. wonder if it's safe or will drop halfway..

also, there was a 50% sale at soo kee for uob cardholders so chose n bought my si dian zhuan already.. hee.. and i chose and bought the jewellery set my mum supposed to buy for me from lee hwa.. coz also having good discount on the purple gold set i like.. hee.. spent a bomb over the weekend..

oh yah, n i collected my wedding bands liao.. apprently goldheart like takes pictures of the couples who buy wedding bands from them.. but my fh ws having a cold and we were like dressed in shorts so we din take.. haha.. and by a stroke of luck, they giving away ring pillow with wedding rings bought so i dun have to buy or make a ring pillow!! hee

sorry for such a looooooong msg early in the morning..

pisduck

hi cookie,
when is your GDL? mine is this sat and i still have not gotten anything. the shop u are talking about deals with GDL, izzit? what if i dun know what to buy, they can advise?

hi woof,
hee... i do the cleaning, lah. hubby's cleanliness standard is not up to mine, yet.
happy.gif

yuki_ko

Hi Pisduck & Sharlene

Thanks for the reply... felt better that I'm not the only one... hehhee...guess, short by 50 is abit hard to ration... guess, will have to DIY card now also... alamak...

Hi Pisduck

Wow seh... yr hse looks like some showroom leh... very nice.. yr HB did the design? He's quite a talent in this area, I must say... but u will probably have a hard time maintaining the place... oops... I already moved to my new flat for a yr liao... cleaning is really no joke... especially, I saw that u have full length windows... I used to love those windows until I start cleaning my half-length windows... then I realised luckily I didn't have full-length... hahahaha... but of course, mi lazy also lah...

Juz saw yr pics... very very very nice... except that it takes abit of time loading up... juz wondering how much did u spend on reno and yr PS trip?

ying11

Hi Icy,
Yes, would think that the MC will need to address the groom and bride's surname. Think its more formal this way.
happy.gif

I met up with Pauline (from Pan Pac) on Saturday. The wedding flavors nothing much to choose from. What did you choose? I chose the wedding bells name card holder.
Wow, 60 relatives, that's a lot. Bet your neck will have lots of heavy gold chain necklaces..hehhee...

Wow, saw so many postings.

I bought my flower gals dresses and pageboy suits from Kiddy Palace at Jurong point. Can go and check out there. Quite many selections.

Hi Pisduck,
I met with my coordinator last Saturday too. Our mtg was super fast, around 30mins. Ha, nothing much to talk about too. I just told her that I will let her know the theme that I like. Cannot see much from the photos she show me. Must go and view the actual layout,
By the way, can I have your weblink address to view the mei mei photos? Thanks.

Hi Cookie Gal,
Yours will be in red and green? Mine will be in blues..
happy.gif

ying11

Hi Yuki,
I do not have enough cards too. Got 100 more cards from my hotel and they charge me at $2 each.

By the way, gals,
Just checking if for some freinds, I do not know their surname.can i just write on the card "Ms Mary"? Also, how about for my girlfriend, they are bringing their husband along but i do not know their husband's name..do I have to call and ask them or can I write Ms Mary & Husband? Hehheee...

ppp

Hi Pisduck,

I haven't received any link from u yet leh, can u send to me again? [email protected]

Hi vivian,

The clip is very cheap only, 6pcs for $2. After including the string and wrapping paper, it costs about $0.50 each

stars03

Hi Helen,

Glad to hear that things are well. Cheer up. If u need any support, we will be here for u.

Hi bubbles,
Nope i am not the one in the black dress..Hee hee..ya i do have long hair but my attire is usually a black racer back top and navy blue track pants.. ;)

dey

Hi Pisduck,

Nice website! You NZ photos nice nice!

By the way, those gals who have made their angbao box? What is the usual size of a angbao box? What type of box can we use?

highness

hey hey! i'm back! the trip.. well, not so gd..
tell u gals more when we get to meet up..

but hor, that day when i fly off was raining, follow by sunny day.. but when i coming back, was raining heavily again.. thunder storm.. and i were suppose to reach @ 12:10am, almost touch down but fly up again cos the weather was too bad to land.. so we got high up n go round n round for another 15mins before the pilot decide to try landing again.. so scary.. every passenger was like holding their breath during the second attempt.. n when finally landed everyone clapped, haha.. and u know, there's some stupid passengers actually don't off their HP! and if, it really cause any disturbance, thanks to them..

pisduck

hi yuki,
i know i know.... although i have not moved in, i also go down on weekends to clean up. the windows and mirrors are a terror!!
think "ren you xiang si".
happy.gif
my hubby was from RI.

hi serene and dey,
thanks for the compliments.
happy.gif

hi ying,
i met mine last friday and because i am blur blur, took really really long... 2 hours, leh!! by the time we were done, it was 9 pm already and i had not even had my dinner yet.
sad.gif

no probs, send u the link later. i go and check if i can find your email addy.... if not, can u provide me? thanks.

think for names on cards, depend on how particular the person is. if they are, think u should give them a call and ask for their full-name. for my case, when i invite galfrens and their hubby, i always use "Mr and Mrs XXX"

hi PPP,
oh... izzit?!? ok, send to u again.

hi woof,
no lah, i never cook.... unless i want to poison someone. hahaha....
happy.gif

icy

Pisduck,
I wanna see ur website. [email protected]

Yuki,
I think i had extra invites card leh. could be like 30-40 extras. :p Maybe u can tell ur coordinator u increasing ur tables and see if they can give u extra cards?

Ying,
any new updates from her? did u managed to choose ur wedding deco?? Yah, very limited selection, I also just choose the wedding bells.

For invite names, i think better call and check.. at least confirm the spelling and everything to be sincere.

caitlyn

highness - sorry to hear ur trip din go too well.. the being unable to land part sounds really scary.. but glad tt u're back safe and sound! =)

dolphin48

hey highness, welcome back!
happy.gif

yeah, it's was such a heavy thunderstorm on Sat. I think u flew back that day? It's quite scary to fly on such a weather but good that you are back safe and sound!

dey

Hi Pisduck,

We will be going for our discussion with FS this week. Care to share what are the things that the coordinator will be going thru with us?

highness

thanks gals.. yah yah.. it's really scary.. haha, wat a different way to watch rain from the sky above, passing thru the clouds.. feel the thunder.. the plane was shaky.. even those stewardess were scared.. when finally landed, they all actually sang a song, haha..
but my FH is like feeling nothing to my scary landing.. called him when i finally reach but he was like: ok mah, landed liao..

i read thru the past postings.. u gals were discussing proposals, haha.. so most of u got a decent proposal with a solitaire ring??
happy.gif

yuki_ko

Hi Ying

I already increase the table and got another 30 cards from my hotel... the problem is that my colleagues are all coming on their own... so per table, I will need 10 cards instead of 70% (7 cards)... so thinking perhaps, closer friends, I will give them DIY cards lor... that's wat my friend did also... more personal also lor...

Hi Pisduck

Hahahhaa... since RI & Westlake neigbour school... perhaps, I saw him a long long time back when I was waiting for bus outside his school lor...

Hi Icy

Wow... u so lucky... yr friends and relatives all couple couple?

ying11

Hi Pisduck,
Thanks for the website l. I saw it and very nice pics, especially the New Zealand shots. Makes the whole album so relaxing and very nice scenary. Ha but one thing is that I am very Kapoh...you could write your love story much longer, elaborate on your courtship days, how he pop the question. Hehee..anyway, just personal opinion only. Nevertheless, the website looks great and your hubby did a fantastic job. He sure dotes on you!

Hi Icy,
I have yet to see the actual layout. For me, there are 2 themes to choose from. You think which one is nicer? That time Pan Pac had a wedding show...Did they showcase "Dream" or "Bliss"?
As for the wedding flavors, i think the bells are the nicer ones. Bears are definately out for me. Ha.