(2004) Brides of year 2004

21nov

guess i am the latest to get hitched here..2004...1132 days away...even late than serene tan who is having hers in 2003 !!

juz out of curiosity, i wonder if there is any 2004 brides here...
happy.gif

U

unqiue

21nov,

Hmmm.... I thought I was a bit kiasu when I have booked my wedding pkg/dnr for 2002 seems like there is somebody more kiasu then me. (Just joking). So have you made any bookings for wedding dnr/pkg. Gues you won't feel any excitement yet until nearer to the date.

21nov

well, not really being kiasu but mostly due to interest..if opportunity arises, i really dun mind becoming a wedding planner.

of coz i havent made any bookings yet...too early moreover hotels and boutique wld not entertain bookings so early.

but whatever i learnt now wld help me better in preparing frens' wedding and evetually my own! am enjoying the process certainly!
proud.gif

ker

Hey, i think i may get married in year 2004 too!
Hope to get married fast, but need to wait for the flat to come. Maybe will get wed end 2003 or early 2004. See how things go.
I have booked my wedding package fyi.

M

mayforever

Hi all, my FH and I have made plans to get married in 2004. Glad to see a few 2004 brides here .. and I was still thinking I might be a bit too KS to start planning now .... hehheee
Looks like it is never too early to plan now

21nov

really glad to see another 2004 bride mayforever!!! any dates in mind ?? share wif us yr research so far yeah !!!

ker, where did u bk yr package from ??

M

mayforever

Hiyeeee 21nov, we have yet to fixed the actual date but it will most probably be in early 2004. We have not started doing a lot of research except for going thru online websites for our wedding package. Since we still have some time, we are taking things easy first. How's your preparation? I hope you had fun doing them...
happy.gif

21nov

hey mayforever! mine will be on the 21 nov 2004...like u, we havent actually started preparing, juz basic research thats all, and also helping frens with their weddings. have some wedding boutiques in mind tho - wedding present and bridal veil...
happy.gif

blusher

HI All,

Guess I will be one of you too....2004 bride. No concrete plans and date yet. Still waiting for flat. Mine in Sengkang....any future Sengkanger?

Hope to hear from you gals again....

My Email: [email protected]

jazz

Hi Blusher,

I'm Jazz here. My wedding will most probably be either end of 2003 or begn of 2004. No concrete plans yet too. Me also waiting for the Sengkang flat. Which location are you staying at?

Cheers,
Jazz

blusher

HI Jazz,

Wow! you are really a nite owl...3am. Me already in far far dreamland..hahaha! My flat is at Fernvale Rd. Have paid the deposit, now waiting for the flat to complete and collect keys...really excited and looking forward to it.
Which area did you get?

If not convenient to reveal your address, you can email me at [email protected]

Chat with u later...got to start work now!

Rgds
Blusher

sunsetbay

Hi Blusher,

Me also planning to marry by end 2003 or early 2004. I am also waiting for my flat in Fervale Link...
Which block is urs??? Mine is at 412B

blusher

Hi sunsetbay,

looks like we going to be neighbours...mine is at 407A...have u signed up with any bridal packages?

rgds
blusher

sunsetbay

Hi Blusher,

Ya, we are future neighbours! Btw, when is ur ECD??? Mine is at Mar/Apr 2003.

I hv signed up with Everbliss & my ROM will be in May. How abt u???

lyn78

Hi gals

I am also a 2004 bride...

I have yet to do anything yet but have read some here and there so trying to shortlist things.. easier then...

what about you gals??? I think I am abit kia su hor...

blusher

Hi Sunsetbay,

My ECD is 21 dec 2003...so long. Lucky u...your flat is coming really soon. I have signed up with Paris, as for my ROM...still planning...no confirmed dates yet. Will keep u posted once it's finalised.

Hi Hedonic and lyn78,

welcome to 2004 brides....Hey, u gals are not kia su...cos we are all in the same boat...excited and gathering info to ensure our big day goes well! Keep in touch!

Rgds
blusher

marilyneau

Hi all

I am ROming in Sept but have not decided on a date yet.. do we need to get an auspicious date for ROM too??? Heard from some thta I need to...

I am planning my ECD either in DEC 03 or early 04..

H

hedonic

hi gals,

Yes! so excited about the once in a lifetime event that I can't wait to start planning immediately.

I have even signed up for the '5 year open' package with Everbliss.. ;-)hee hee..

T

the rock

Wah lao eh!!! You people are really typical singaporeans!!!....Kiasu!!!...what other people say about singaporeans is so so true! 2004 and start looking now???!!! Some of you even had booked wedding package already.

One question to ask those who had booked their weeding package....what if the bridal shop offer more items into their package in 2 years time, will you still be entitled to it, since you agreed on the items that is offered to you now?

jolene

Hi The Rock,

I think they are not being Kiasu. It is always better to have more time to plan. And if they are happy with the hotel or bridal choice, its up to the couple to book. Whatever happens from now till 2004, nobody knows and things may go on very well for them.

Marriage is a lifetime affair and some couples just start their planning early. Nothing wrong with that, rite? Most important is that they are happy with their decision.

H

hedonic

Hi The Rock,

The answer to your question is 'no'. We will only be getting whatever is stated in the invoice.
I think I will be more than a true blue kiasu singaporean if I even try to think of bargaining for the entitlement of the new offer.

Yup, we are happy with our decision in buying the package even though it may not be the best around.
Well, I see no difference getting now or later when we know we will need it. Anyway, I don't think there will be any cases of bridal studios rejecting new customers because of 'packages being fully booked by the kiasu couples' rite?..
lol.gif

sunsetbay

Hi The Rock,

We are not Kiasu! I don't see any wrong with booking a bridal package when some of us here have got plans to wed in end 2003 or early 2004??!!

As far as I know, wedding package price keeps increasing each year or even if the price remains, you will be getting lesser items, e.g lesser photos especially when the economic picks up...

Moreover we are entitled to the latest things that the bridal shop have when we used their service.

blusher

HI All,

Sorry for disappearing for awhile..very busy at work.

Hedonic,
I think I'm more Kia su...me signed up a wedding package with Paris...open for 10 yrs...I think me super kia su. No concrete plans for ROM & wedding. ROM probably end this year.Hahaha!

Keep in touch all 2004 brides!

Rgds
Blusher

pebbles

Hi all, im new to this, got to know of this website thru my frens,im also a 2004 bride..
happy.gif
think it's really cool to start planning for the wedding now..
happy.gif
have not done much expect some research here and there
happy.gif

blusher

HI Pebbles,

Welcome! I have not done much too....just signed up a bridal package only! Keep in touch.

Rgds
Blusher

pebbles

Hi Blusher,

u sign up for a bridal package already..
happy.gif
that's fast..
happy.gif
so which bridal shop did u go to..and how much is it...?

G

gloria chia

hi all.....is there anyone who plans to get a church wedding (ROM) or have experience in this area? kindly guide me ........pretty loss in this.

Regards
anria

blusher

Hi Pebbles,

I have signed up with Paris and the package is $3988. Me and fiance kinda rush into it, without doing any homework. This package is open for 10yrs...that's why we thot it's ok to sign up. My advise to you is do your homework, before you actually sign up. What about you? Do you have any bridal shop in mind? Keep in touch!

Rgds
blusher

pebbles

Hi Blusher,
i have not got any bridal shop in mind but kind of feeling lost, dun really know what to prepare for the wedding, read up so many horror stories about the bridal shops etc, heard lots of good review on Silhouette, is it very ex..
happy.gif

Regards
Pebbles

blusher

HI Pebbles,

I think it is quite ex...I heard the ones at Delfi Orchard is the high-end range, Tg Pagar are mid range. Maybe you can go wedding fairs...but remember not to sign up on the spot. Go around and check out other bridal packages, discuss with your FH,, then commit. Don't be like me! No matter how convincing the salesperson say about their shop/packages.

Rgds
blusher

pebbles

Hi Blusher,
thanks for your advise,somehow,i think it's abit early for me to start preparing for the big thing rite...but i guess it's always good to start early...oh, the other one with good comments, BV,lots of brides are going there too

Rgds
Pebbles

blusher

HI Pebbles,

You are right..lots of ppl are going BV. Not sure if it is expensive. As for too early...I do not think so...now is a good time to scout around for good packages..update me again huh!Have you ROMed?

Rgds
blusher

pebbles

Hi blusher,

think shld start scouting around, will take your advise, have not ROMed yet...errr...have a problem ah, me very big size, worried might not have any grown that fits me plus having problem buying a nice dress for my ROM...how about yourself? ROMed? Have u decided on your wedding date yet?

rgds
pebbles

blusher

Hi Pebbles,

I have not ROMed too. As for wedding date..not confirm yet. Hey, me rather big size too. My bridal package that I signed up includes a ROM dress...so I should be taking from them, not sure if the dresses avaliable are able to fit me...

Rgds
blusher

pebbles

Hi Blusher,
so u r in the same position as me ah..
happy.gif
so when do u intend to ROM,waiting for your HDB flat ah..? Me trying very hard to lose weight cos i'm so afraid of being laughed at when i go round looking for my grown ah..
sad.gif

Actually your package like not bad ah...also includes ROM dress ah, can i check with u, does most of the bridal shops includes ROM dress?
and hey what happend to the rest of the 2004 brides?

sorry ah, so many questions, do the ladies in this forum actually meet up ah? i read some of the topics and it seems like most of the ladies here seems to have met up before one...

Regds
Pebbles

durian

Haloo,

Can i join. I just agreed to marry the significant Him few days ago. Now start to get cold feet liao. Feel like backing off. Any of you feel the same?

We plan to ROM either this Sept or Dec. What are we supposed to do har? I blur blur one leh.

Pebbles, blusher,
what do you mean by "Big"? Tall and <-----> or short short and <------> ? me the second one lar.
Trying to go on diet. I told my FH if I can lose weight quick I dun mind sept POM, if not wait till Dec or even later.
embarrassed.gif

Me dun want to appear in pictures looking so fat ler. Vain hoh?
biggrin.gif

Why dun we give each other moral support to lose the flabs and look 'pretty'??

happy.gif

blusher

Hi Pebbles,

We are waiting for our flat at Sengkeng..what about u? Looking for your nesting home? If I'm not wrong, most packages do include the ROM dress, so it's better to sign up b4 u ROM. No idea what happened to the rest of the 2004brides, looks like we are the only few that are still'alive'..hahaha. I have not met up with the 2004brides, but I have met some of the 2003brides...they are very friendly and willing to share their tips on wedding. Maybe we 2004 brides should arrange a day to meet up too! Me too trying to control my diet ever since signing up the bridal package in March 2002.

Hi Durian,

Congras! Wow, your FH pop the question few days ago... Why are you feeling cold feet now and thot of backing out? Ask yourself if you really want to spend the next half of your life with him, and do you really love him? I'm sure you do right? So don't worry so much, just prepare to be a happy bride. Me not that tall, neither that short, but have big hips lah... so rather big too. Just try to lose, but don't pressure yourself so much, cos he is supposed to love you as what you are. Since your ROM is this year... u have to start looking around for a dress. Hey good idea...we should motivated each other(the 3 of us...right pebbles?), then we will look great on our big day.
Keep in touch...

Rgds
blusher

pebbles

Hi girls...i tried sending a really long messsage to both of u but can't seems to do it but when i send short msgs , it can be done...wonder what's the problem

pebbles

Hi girls, it's me again, i guess i just have to retype what i wanted to say this morning..
happy.gif

First of all, Welcome...!!!! Durian..
happy.gif
very happy another 2004 bride has join us..
happy.gif
yuppieeee!!!
i just have to send out message one at a time

pebbles

Hi Blusher,
My nest will be at Punggol 21 which is very near yours, so have u collected your keys yet? as for mine, i am getting cold feet like durian ah, my FH and me didn't expect our flat to be ready so soon and it wasn't part of our plan at all to have our flat by this year..
sad.gif
i only wanted one month before hdb called us up for selection and then after that everything just seems so fast ah, before we know it, we were asked to pay our first downpayment and it seems that our flat will be ready in June when it's stated the est time is OCT'02...so our intention is to ROM next year but if our flat is ready soon, might have to ROM by this year lor..so when do u intend to ROMed...???
so i was rite lah, u ladies do meet up..i think it's really cool for all the ladies to meet up and besides sharing their experience, it's also a very good way to make new frens..
happy.gif
im so glad i got to know this forum..
happy.gif

Rgds
Pebbles

pebbles

Hi Durian,
welcome!!! hey dun get cold feet..i totally agree with what Blusher says..
happy.gif
dun worry so much and be a happy bride..
happy.gif
im just like u actually getting cold feet but hmmmm...come to think about it, my man have not pop the question yet...so im getting cold feet cos everything seems to be going so unexpectedly..the flat i mean..ehehe...but i guess i kind of gotten over it already lah..
happy.gif
and im really like u ah, i also told my man i dun mind goin roM with him this year if i manage to lose weight but if i dun then die die must wait till next year, me also another vein one, want to look good in the photos..eehe..
happy.gif

so Ladies, we should all work really hard and motivate one another to lose those unwanted weight...
happy.gif
maybe we should arrange to meet up then i can see if u two are really that big size..eheheh..
happy.gif
maybe both of u are not that bad lah..
happy.gif

Keep in touch
rgds
Pebbles

blusher

HI Pebbles,
My flat is not ready, estimated 31 dec2003...still long way to go lor. My FH mentioned that we may ROM end this end...but still not confirm...still planning. Don't worry so much, everything will just fall into places once you have ROM. It's always a happy thing that you are getting married to the one that you love...so don't get cold feet ar.

Hi Durian,

Probably we should meet up soon, and 'see' how 'big' each one of us are. I just felt so confortable, cos finally there's someone out there who have the same problem of me.Hahhaha...we are the 'Big' Brides..hahaha! Cos the 2003 brides are all so slim, and tall.Have you found your nesting home? Keep in touch.

Rgds
blusher

pebbles

Hi Ladies..
happy.gif

yup, u r so rite, we should really meet up to see if we are really that big...oh well, i know i am lah...but would love to see if u two are that big too...heheheh..
happy.gif
we can arrange to meet up lah..
happy.gif
im more than glad to meet up with u ladies..
happy.gif

keep in touch
regds
pebbles

blusher

HI My dear ladies,

So when can I have the honour to 'date' the both of you out. What about the 30th april...cos the next day is a public holiday. Let me know again.

Rgds
blusher

durian

Hi blusher and pebbles,

Thanks for that warm welcome! Feel so at ease with you gals quickly liao. BUt I dun think I can meet up with you gals before June. Got to fly off for a trip and now very busy with work and other stuff. June can??

I am so glad there is someone as vain as me. Me was quite slim before dating my FH. After that.. just eat and eat, cos he eats so many times a day!FH hates to exercise, so my painfully built up exercise routine was killed by him! Substituted with makan time instead.

Blusher,
He better love me even when I am fat!
I "blame" him for my state.
lame.gif
But must admit I like good food too much also lar.. so everytime he make me mad, he buy my favourite food ( all sinful stuff some more).
blush.gif
Now I tell him if I dun get slim I dun want to marry him liao!

We are not Singaporeans, so cannot Q up for flats. Got to go for resale. We are saving like crazy now. Hopefully can get a tiny, cozy 3-room or 4-room by next yr. If can, will buy one ASAP, cos rentals already kill us now.

I will try to survive lunch with oatmeal today. Dinner sure eat a lot cos going out with him.
happy.gif

See Ya ladies. Big is beautiful!
happy.gif

pebbles

Hi Blusher &amp; durian,

so nice of u Blusher to ask me and durian out for a date..eheheh..
happy.gif
sorry to say that im also quite busy at work at the moment and won't be free till mid of may..;) but durian can only meet up in Jun rite so maybe we can meet up say in the beginning go Jun..how does that sound..
happy.gif
i can't wait to meet up with u gals..just like Durian,i feel so at ease with u gals already..
happy.gif

Durian..
happy.gif

im also quite slim though still big size but after i started dating my FH,i also put on so much weight and i always blame him for my size now...but me also love sinful food lah so can't resist not eating them when we go out together...but nevermind we shall work hard together and lose those unwanted fats..eheheh...hey u should strave yourself like that it will only make u eat more in the later meals...just eat the normal three meals but watch what u eat lor..
happy.gif
there is a posting on Help,i got big arms or something...sweetiee and a few other gals gave me very good advise, u can go check it out..
happy.gif

keep in touch
Pebbbles

blusher

HI My dear Pebbles and Durian,

Hey....u are welcome. I'm actually the opposite from u both. I was much rounder 1 1/2yrs ago. After dating my FH, I got slimmer this year.It's actually becos he is undergoing training and he lost alot of weight. Me being "vain" and pressurized, I told myself I have to lose weight too, to look compatibale with him. I controlled my diet, eat lots of veg, no snacks at office hours, no supper after 9pm and walked 2 bus-stop each day after work...so got a little slimmer now. But still have to at least maintain or lose more. Cos want to look good for big day too.I promise my FH that I will be a slim(unlike now) bride on my big day.

No problem...we can always arrange to meet later(in Jun) when you gals are free.

Hey durian, do not just live on oatmeal..have a complete healthy meal instead. If not, dinner you will end up eating more, cos by dinnertime, you will be very very hungry.

Take Care Gals!

Rgds
blusher

pebbles

Hi Blusher &amp; Durian,
oh...so u manage to lose weight already ah, that's very good what which means u r doing something rite that is helping u lose weight, so good, im still trying hard ah...
sad.gif

Keep in touch
Rgds
Pebbles

bubbles

Hi Blusher, Pebbles &amp; Durian,

Was quite amused to read all your cute postings on getting cold feet, losing weight etc... but despite all those, i can sense your joy in becoming 'Mrs', just from reading the postings. Congrats to you gals!

So I guess that i am not the only anxious one. Have been reading all the various topics for a few months already, finally glad that there is a thread where I can join in and give my 2 cents worth! hee hee!

Am most likely to marry in 2004, not sure yet. All depends on when my house will be ready. But for sure, am ROMing in Jan next year. Actually I prefer to get everything settled in one day (ROM + customery) but 'cos governed by the law to produce that cert or not I can't get the flat. So no choice, have to ROM first.*sigh*

So you gals actually started sourcing for bridal gowns already?? Won't it be too soon? What if the fashion changes annd there are new &amp; better studios that offer better rates? Sorry if I sound too negative... but just voicing my opinion on that. Hee hee, but of course I am also guilty of looking at the bridal magazines and planning what my dream gown should look like already!