(2004) Brides of year 2004

littlegirl

gals! *sob sob*

My HM trip frm Ananda CANCEL! Dunno y no reason stated. Then nw I gotta source all over again. Then worse still, refund will b done 3wks - 1mth later. In the meantime I gotta fork out $$ again.

adidas

twinkle/purple
me down already, 2 days mc .. took med, very drowsy .. but still working from home

purple
wah, i also want to drink leh..hee
u r such a humour, ceo of WB

seabreeze
gotta chase yr photographer, maybe let him know when you want to take, coz dat's how i do, told him i want to collect on the day that i do my final fitting, so dat day managed to got all back
happy.gif

wah, din know so many pple will take kua, previously i also book kua but they forgotten abt it, lucky they check on my day they have, so tried a few designs & pick the 1 i like best

huh, strange leh, they made changes to the EG, better be comfortable in it, otherwise you gonna feel uncomfortable that day trying to move around.

irene
yah, hotel also provided me with eng & chinese version of the script, u shd get from yr coordinator

fleur
was just discussing with my hubby & parents, right now we have 35 tables confirm RSVP, so we shd guarantee 34 tables with 2 reserve tables, think also that's the best choice
thanks for the advice!
happy.gif

mayng

odae: 93669005

fleur: lol u like me.. keke.. its my day.. no one gng to upset me... thats why on the stage while asking my brothers to come on stage for the toasting, brothers did take a longer while to walk in.. my mum wasnt happy and ask me in the face can ask them to walk faster... i replied her smilingly.. CAN U SHUT UP... she kept quiet.. wahahhaa...

fleur: u drunk?? whaha i wanna see that drunk face of urs.. kekeke

adidas: have u done ur RSVP? if yes.. wats the final number including ur RESERVE? always remember to include ur reserve... max out the numbers. if u have cfm 35 tables, it should be 33+2 not more.... not 34+2 (it will surely be lesser)

calm

UGLY, can i call u pretty? okie Pretty, Cheer bear has a point.. in the situation of such, U 2 cannot lost your stand.. a few things must make it real clear to your PIL side in the soft way. Getting Hotel to talk to them is 1 way. U can also let them know the following...........

- The cards has been printed & all your friends are informed that U R inviting them to a hotels for your wedding dinner, re-printing the cards take time & more $$

- Last min is impossible to find a good restaurant.. Chin Cha find 1 restuarant.. the food won't be good also

- U 2 have sign the contract & if U cancel within e month, U have to compensate 50% (let say.. i dun know how much U have to compensate)

- Let them know that U 2 know all along that hotel will not return back the table close. Tell them that the reason U 2 make the effort to call your friend 2 confirm their seats. My contingency plan is to get my sister gang with boyfriend to slot into empty seats to ensure no wastage & if the attendance is full.. we have 2 spare tables to open last mins.

- As for the food, this is a common impression that hotel wedding foood is lousy which is quite true. However, the ambient is good. Tell them all the good things about holding it in the Hotel like they provide better service & bridal room.. they provide safe as not all restuarant provide safe. If u book a restuarant, there might not be a proper place to change and rest. In addition to that, hotel wedding look more posh then got more face to them!!

- Tell them some bad experience of attending wedding in the restuarants.. eg, let say not enough carpark.

- Give them the reason Y U choose hotel.. my reason is that I cannot find a good restaurant in the central.. all good dates this year are booked.. that's Y LL got to book my banquet in the Hotel

To Deal with PIL, my suggestion is to prevent creating conflicts by talk less.. ask your hubby to be the speech man. Let your hubby remind your PIL that it's a happy occassion.. whatever has been decided / planned cannot be reverted.. Do not fuss over small issue & so Y not just go thru it with & be happy. Ha..ha.. this is how my hubby deal with his parents.. he asked me to shutup & let him do the talking.. coz no matter what he says.. parents will forgive their children.. but if i involved & say something wrong.. PIL might not forgive me so easily..

calm

Hi Gals, me from very tradition family.. really dun know how to say thank you to my parents infront of so many pple even tho i m ultimately thankful to my parents.. can i get my hubby to say thank you for me? what exactly did u all say? Got some script?

zann

Little Apple,

i think u can leh. I went my gf's wedding, only her hubby say the speech on the stage my gf didnt talk at all just hook her arms to his...heehee (maybe cos she is the one who did most of the preparation so the stage talk leave it to hubby? :p)

zann

Ugly,

i think can get hubby to tell them nicely. Just like if is yr side, is better u tell yr own parents nicely.

cooki

pleasance,
yup, all the gowns r for keep....

ugly,
agreed wif the gals - let yr hubby do the talking... me always get my hubby to talk to my mil... no pt for me to argue wif her.... the impt thing is - yr hubby must support u
happy.gif

little apple,
same problem here.... me dunno how to do it in front of so many ppl... we decide to skip it.... somemore, i scare my tears will drop.... heehee

fleurg07

Ling,
HAhahah...arnor.... wait i show u my AD pics:p Godsons call me the red lobster the whole night... I don't even remember saying bye bye to the guests and how i got upstairs HAHAHHAHHAHA....

Adidas, ling is right as well, seriously for me I abit kiasu HAHAHHA..... cos what happened was I had more guests turning UP:p esp those who RSVPed and CONFIRMED that they will NOT come..CAME!!! And alot of Cousins from my hubby side...brought their Bfs and Gfs (they are only in their TEENS!)
Actually i kind of know their habit lor base on my experience attending their other cousins' wedding..... so i din dare to max my reserve.
kept 1 spare just incase.

Purple...aiyoooooooo...they make us go up on the chair.. in my drunken state.... had to kiss for like the longest time....... and then made us choose a drink each:p cos hubby cannot handle wine... he took the beer with raw egg:p and i had wine with chilli padi and soy sauce:p

The thing is i did not serve hardliquour during the dinner.... but some smart alec brought a bottle of XO to our room.... and alamak.... in the room they made us drink NON Stop.......
hubby puke whole night... i was too gone to take care of him... thank god for my friends... and I puked whole day the next morning...and hubby had to pack the room....THank god for an extra night at the hotel... if not hor... i think i would have died..... kekek

aprlim

Hi Ling,
U so cute leh. I'm trying to imagine u saying shut up happily. haha... Next time show me huh.
happy.gif

Hi Fleur,
Wow, u really drink a lot ah. But too much puking is no good. They shld not make u all so drunk, spolit the nite. But ultimately still have a great time hor? That's more important.

adidas

ling
i have no reserve, confirm RSVP now is 35 tables, worried that some may bring their hubby/wife along or kids, so keeping at 34+2 reserve, i'm thinking that if 1 table of pple did not turn up, at least i'm guaranteed to pay 34 tables .. juz spoke to hubby leh, he also say 33+2 coz we still have abt 5-6 spares seats now ..

fleur
wahh .. i din cater for those hor .. luckily u anticipate that ..
yr gang really happening leh, hubby & i cant take liquer at all, so definitely no no for us .. haha ..

seabreeze

adidas ... which kua did you choose? i chose the beaded ones ... think they only have 1 beaded set ...

dunno abt the evening gown ... but was quite sure that it was tighter than my PS time lor ...

my table me book 30 + 2 ... but think now up to 34 - 35 tables liao ... will think go for 34 + 2 oso .... final round of RSVP on Friday ...

fleur ... wow ... so happening ... must be lotsa fun right ...

ling .... v brave hahahahaha .... but think sometimes parents abit 'gan-cheong spider' abt wedding ... even my dad (who is the steady sort ar) been calling me almost everyday to report strength of his guests .....

peeper

morning <font color="aa00ff">lala</font>... had yr
221150.gif
?

there's no gathering for brides abv 28 yet leh.... tink its going to be in dec...

rainnie

ah ger, how come ur HM trip cancel? is it becoz the group they din managed to get a minimum no. of ppl? Btw, where r u going?

coolgirl76

hi ladies
Good morning! :p
got something to ask u, the "long feng zhu" must be bought by guys' side? Then my mum will return "feng" zhu to the guy is it? Quite angry with my mum lei.... my MIL dun know anything and my mum keep asking this and that...I struck in the middle ....
sad.gif
my mum say keep it simple but still ask for this and that....sigh..... my MIl still have to give my mum an ang bao to thanks her for bringing me up (it supposed to buy 1 "pig" leg)

Hi pleasance
I wish I have flower gal.....my niece is too young and I have 2 flower boys. then 2nd march in, I will ask my jiemwi to march in with me.

jan_snow

morning to all dec brides, me new here le.
woz wondering if its ok to skip the thank u speech n let hubby do the talking on behalf...may hav same prob as poohie...tears!!!!

any of u have a sample of the thank u speech to share?

for flower gal n page boy, i guess we need to prepare their attire for the nite. Also, to pace with them during rehearsal. Some frens told me that the gal actually dance in rather than march in..can try that too....

btw, my AD is end DEC and i have not even printed my cards..ooops...now sourcing for stickers for envelopes...anyone of u tried the one at bras basah? i saw from another thread that they do printing of stickers n we can personalised them...

alexus

morning lala, no-time
happy.gif

lala, welcome back
bounce.gif

how was trip?

who are brides above 28?

i finally got my AD pics on Mon.. trying to find time to reduce the size so that i can post them
happy.gif

adidas

ling
ok, thanks!
happy.gif
i know what u mean
talk to parent but they want to stay put at 34+2, they said better to cater 1 extra

seabreeze
i took the embroidery one, they have quite a few, similar to one i took for PS
u r fortunate, yr father report to u, my dad .. must chase him all the time, always telling me not to worry &amp; still got time, coz my bro's wedding the other time, his list super messy &amp; we the recep had a hard time finding his guest names in the table .. finally he managed to tell me yesterday liao, phew ..

purple
wahhh .. if i rem correctly, yr hse is very far away leh, nevermind, i appreciate yr kindness, thanks ya, u2 take good care

polosportjg

Hi gals,

adidias pls take care. drink lots lots of water.. I have been sleeping &amp; eatg since I on leave. Not sure whether will put extra weight??
when I went Final fitting, my co-ordinator say I lost 1 inch...he he, my EG is the flexible type, at the side, type ribbons, adjustable type . he he so need to worry abt putting on weight.

Fleur, thks for your tips. my carpark coupons is one of the main problem. given only 30 pcs... surely not enough for 37 tables of guests...some colleagues already email me ask for complimentary coupons! headache...

guest lists is another nightmare..adidias, they start to call me say can't come...blah blah..here got 1 empty seat * there..duno how to arrange also. so FRUSTRATED!

Ling huh u mean got people don come also don inform...so horrible one!

peeper

hiya <font color="119911">alexus</font>

there's a thread "brides above 28"... for ppl like me n lala.. kekekeke....

great! finally got yr pics.. must quickly load n let us see yah... excited leh..

alexus

hello no-time,
oic.. for lau ren jia one huh?? keke... i also qualify leh not only you and lala kekeke

will try to load some during the hols
happy.gif

mist

hi adidas,

better take care leh.... me also fell sick already.... i just went to see doctor... aiyo, but me still in office working lah...

aiyo, the tables is the most headache one, now i received some pple called to inform that they are not coming liao.... so also abit sian loh.

hi twinkle,

hey, there are pple like that one okay..... so dun be too surprise.... well, i also got 1 empty here and there loh... no choice, some groups need to break up loh... else, will hv too many empty seats, scarly on that day more pple dun turn up, it will be worse loh.

skybluegal

ah ger,
so now where r u going for ur HM?? btw, y they cancel ur booking huh??

cooldevil,
for the candles, it is depend on ur dialect group one.. if i rem correctly i think if u r teochew is to take 2 dragon and 2 phoneix is for the guy. then cantonese is one pair at each side.
as for the pig leg right.. u must at least have roast pork and ap to give ur mum and the ap is ur mum must keep all one (no need to return any) then the roast pork must give back some one..

as for the speech that some of ur gals r going to say..i oso want to say initally but scare later the tears drop down then not veri nice liao
happy.gif

coolgirl76

hi cheer bear
Mi hokkein...my mum say they have to bring all during GDL then my mum will return them 2 phoneix..... my mum ask my MIl to buy "pig leg" cans and cakes then will return them 2 each.... why must like that???? which I dun understand lor.... why cannot buy exact amt my mum wants? kana scolding just now
sad.gif
cos I say why so ma fan.....

skybluegal

cooldevil,
the pig leg, cake and oranges all have to return one.. coz is somthing like "you lai you chui" (got come then got return mah) then my mum say 8 can, 8 oranges, etc... all 8 then return them 2 which is double (like the double xi)

mayng

twinkle: u have to expect the unexpected... there are ppl who call u in the last min saying lots of excuses.. keke u all will know wat i mean on ur AD... lol..

Adidas: then i wish u luck.

rainnie

cooldevil, is like that one loh..... coz u cannot take everything one must return. Like for my case will have 16 orange so return 8, candles pass 2 back (1pair), the ap also need to return sme, den as for the 2 bottle of wine my mom will buy 2 bottles of orange to return loh...cake also return 2 box.
Just bear with it ya..cooldevil. once in a lifetime.

skybluegal

cooldevil,
the ap r u mentioning is for GDL or AD?? my GDL dun have ap one.. is onli 8 items that some items must return and the AD will have the ap together with the roast pork (coz my mama dun want pig) then will return pig's head and tail to the groom and the ap is no need to return one..

shern

hi gals,

been real busy....
sad.gif

will not be having GDL and groom will not be fetching cos meeting in church, tea ceremony will also be at our new home
happy.gif
so much easier now, dun have to run around like crazy....so how will the exchange of the gifts be and where? do i still need 2 tea sets?

still have not send out the invites....sigh....but at least got 70% of my invites liao....

the speech is after 1st march in or after 2nd?

ah ger, u'll be travelling during peak period? better hurry...my HM also not booked yet...haiz....

skybluegal

shern,
ur parents say no need to GDL ah? u have got veri modern parents leh..
the tea set is one set enough liao coz u will have to bring it ard for both side tea ceremony.

u ladies r haven book for the HM but me is not going anyway coz no $$ liao and hb will be veri busy with his work... think of going during chinese new year but he say better dont escape for the first year.. coz not good
sad.gif

shern

rainnie, church ceremony is geeting married in church and being recognised as husband and wife by God this is our religion.....tea ceremony, is offering tea to elders as a form of respect as we're the new additions to the family...this is following our chinese custom lor...

cheerbear, my mum did say, items like cakes etc are for olden days when the couple are getting engaged, now already ROM so no need...there'll still be exchange of gifts but was wondering can we exchange it during the tea ceremony?

shern

hopefully HM can confirm by this week lor, really need a break especially after all the headaches over the preparation :p

coolgirl76

hi cheerbear and rainnie
thanks lor...i feel better now.... I struck in middle lei...my mIL know nuts abt tradition..... so what my mum say we follow lor....
anyway what is Ap huh? I guess it already quite simple liao....if really follow worst right? my mum also bought towel for my PIL then give my hubby 1 gold necklace in return and Pin jin will take some ...then bought a ring for my hubby for tea ceremony. i told her no need cos my hubby dun wear one.....also not happy... sigh...i just dun want her to waste money lor....

littlegirl

cheer Bear
Cancelled cos either 1) they can't get cfm dep grp &amp; would rather sell to commercial, or 2) more demand outside ths they decide to call off &amp; dun wait for grp size lor.

Nw sourcing ard, &amp; is open to more plc other than just Jpn.

Cheer Bear, GDL hv APs - pin jing &amp; if u r nt giving pigs' trotters will then b given in a form of AP also.

Shern:
Mine is bk since Aug bt then got cancelled so nw hv to source. Worse still, many dates all taken up.

skybluegal

cooldevil,
actualli my mum oso want to buy one ring for my hb for tea ceremony but another relative buy liao so i ask mum not to buy and my hb oso dun wear one
happy.gif

ah ger,
mine is pin jin and pig leg in can so no ap to replace
happy.gif

ladies,
those of u want to book for HM one i think is abit late liao coz dec esp after our AD will be near to xmas and is sch holiday so even harder to book for trip overseas.. but still can try lor.. anyway no harm trying
happy.gif

tealeaf

Hi alexus,
aiyo, we are all lau ren jia ... hahaha ... quick go upload your pics, me eager to see !!!
happy.gif

business trip okie but I never fancy coz usually is very hectic and miss my bed ... kekeke

no-time,
erm, yest me rang Adeline, she said most prob she can only meet up in Dec liao, thus we will be very busy next month coz got gathering with "brides above 28", the gals here and smurfy they all ....

.... Nov will be quiet loh ....

how are you ???

fleurg07

Mist/Twinkle...
I agree... this is definitely one of the woes of the seat arrangement... it is not avoidable to have 1 empty seats here and there... look at it positively... tell ur jie meis to put the videographer and photographers in these seats..if they wanna eat....

Yes ... the thing is those people who keeps telling u...THEY CONFIRM coming...did not come...
And those who tell u the CONFIRM NOT COMING...came...

Carpark..yah...alot of pple will call and ask..just tell them politely that u have limited. will give out at the end of the night

Seriously one thing i learn.... HAHHA DON"T CARE what people say or DO...just enjoy urself....

Seabreeze...not happening lah...just that my group of friends...sigh....they say its becos they love me HAHAHHA yah right...

Purple... heheh arnor...but all well ends well..thank god Hubby live up to expectation...heheheh the next day...he took care of everything whilst i moan and groan away in bed.....HAHAHHAHAHA only get up for dinner.....