(2004) Brides of year 2004

lin

hi cyn,
no problem. it's ok .
happy.gif

ivory

Lin

really? ur FH oso like ethnic stuff? my bf is trying to bargain with me say can he not wear the costume afer the 2nd march in cos he say he'll look comical
proud.gif

actually i oso have no idea wat the headdress will look like cos sometimes even 1 ethnic groups will have a few types of head wear n deco.. and i dunno if it will come with the head dress or not
happy.gif

hi antares

yup, me in the pix above, the one in pink & maroon
happy.gif

ivory

binbin

sure no prob, i'll reach ngee ann around dat time too.. u just wait for me at the bus stop just outside the poly, when i reach then i call u.. boy! so exciting.. another blind date... kekekeke
happy.gif

ivory

antares

opps.. left out some messages
happy.gif

usually we'll perform at Victoria Theatre or Kallang Theatre, depending on availability and we have to pre-book 1 yr in advance at least.. so dat means most likely this year will not have again lor
happy.gif

u dance before? wat kind of dance? actually flexibility can be trained, but u must have determination, but its hard for us who are not professional dancers who practice 10 hrs everyday
happy.gif

hi forest

actually bcos its something i like to do so i won't find it a chore.. besides im very vain one, i like to perform on stage cos its like a world dat not everybody can go..

sometimes i do feel lazy to go for practice espaecially for our Sunday classes that start at 5pm.. but once u start moving, u feel much more better sweating it out.. helps to increase ur metabolism, cleanse ur system, re-energise after a week of hard work, improve ur body co-ordination, correct ur posture..
happy.gif

lin

hi Ivory,
hahah..make your FH wear. Tell him, only once in a lifetime. hahah. So good..you so flexible..that's why can dance
happy.gif
my FH said, i'm the most inflexible girl he ever had. don't know whether i'm a girl a not.. hahah.I can't even open up my 2 feet wide apart. it's such a struggle for me. hahhaha.

The headdress, probably can ask your dance instructor to give some advise. I don't think i know anything how to mix & match headdress.
happy.gif

hi binbin,
wah..you & ivory having blind date? 1st time meeting each other?
happy.gif

pebbles

Hi girls....
this thread moving super fast ah...
Cyn,
yeah agree with u that the female brides is not as good as the style mag hor...so u still going for your thailand trip...??? i know how u feel ah, i also have quite a few copies of the bridal magz...it's like u won't get to buy those past issues any more rite....

Lin,
so how's your research coming along, u shortlisted those places which u intend to have your wedding already, maybe instead of taking seat covers, u can try having those big ribbons...maybe it will be cheaper...

Binbin,
it's very sweet of yr FH ah...so counting down already, remember to take lots of nice pics to share with us ah...so will u be going for any nice pampering session before your rom...still planning to go ahead for your pre-honeymoon...actually i think both u and your FH very romantic one....always going to those romantic places one hor...like for V day u guys also celebrated at Regent rite...after yr rom then i will be next already...ehehe..
happy.gif

hi antares,
me also will be going for some of the bridal shows, i like looking at those lovely gowns...plus like what binbin say lor, can steal some ideas..ahaha..
happy.gif
it's quite fun one..
happy.gif

Doremon,
up to u but will send u a email later..
happy.gif

Ivory,
hey u really very good ah, must be very good at your sewing rite...and creative too, wish im like u ah...so u going to perform some magic on binbin's ring pillow ah...eheheh..
happy.gif

I

ino

hi all,

anyone going to the style wedding show on 27 Apr?
quite tempted to go to get ideas...
just another tot, for those who wish to get ideas, y don't u go to the various boutiques and try their gowns. I went to soooo many like le galleria, divine, lezen, tan yoong, silhoutte, etc.
my personal opinion is that tan yoong and silhoutte is one of the best in terms of workmanship and design. ;-) (though they are also quite X)

antares

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">hi forest,</FONT>
ya, there are quite a few bridal shows going on in April. I will be going for some too but
haven't decide which to go?
I only went for the Ted Wu last year. Actually I quite enjoy going to bridal show..heheee
:p
Maybe we see if we can spot some of the girls in this thread in those bridal shows..
happy.gif

I believe most of us will be attending at least 1 of the bridal show..
happy.gif

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">hi Lin,</FONT>
If your parents can give in by reducing the no. of guests then it is good lor..
happy.gif

Frankly speaking, without a wedding banquet, one can save a lot of time and money. heee..
So your banquet will be a lunch?

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">hi cyn,</FONT>
ya lor. Think the guys will think that we are boliao..:p
U booked your bridal studio already? I think I even more boliao cos' I had booked my bridal
studio already...:pP

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">hi Ivory,</FONT>
I just browsed thru the old messages and realised that u have actually mentioned before
that the girl in tibetan costumes is you. I must have missed it out that's why asked u again.
:p I think the picture that you post is no longer there..
sad.gif

The one in pink in moroon is the one on the right, only showing side view? That girl very thin
wor..
happy.gif
Actually all the 3 girls in the pic are very slim..so good..
happy.gif

flexibility can be trained but not at my age right?...:pP You are in a CC dance group?
Ya, I was in the dance club when I was in Secondary school. I am very very inflexible wan..
now even worse..:pP
When the instructor try to train me to do the split, she made my 2 legs places apart and push
me against the wall...the pain is argggghhhh... so unbearable...I guess my determination is
not strong..:p I participated in several types of dances in sec school..
got Chinese dance, classical modern dance and pong pong dance. But my cheorographer seems to
like modern dance more, so we always had modern dance..
sad.gif
You know lor..I prefer chinese dance
And the make up is so so thick..
sad.gif

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">hi Pebbles,</FONT>
so u will also be going to the bridal show.
happy.gif
Guess most of us who already got a bridal package
will still attend. heee...:p I also love to see those lovely gowns and those models' good figure..:p
Which show do u intend to go? See if can see you there..
happy.gif

hey, your ROM soon ah? when is it leh? Congrats too..
happy.gif

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">hi binbin,</FONT>
I agree with Pebbles... U and your FH are very romantic..
proud.gif

ivory

Lin

hehehe... why ur FH so funny? wat has flexibility got to do with whether u a gal or not?

the headress not a prob cos the costumes usually will come complete with it for both guy n gal.. if not my bf can keep his head bare and i'll do something simple for myself lor
happy.gif

yeap, 1st time meeting binbin, so far i oni met 2 gals from the "Slimming Salt" thread
happy.gif

Pebbles

no no no no... no magic lah, just try to help if i can lor.. i oni know simple stitching.. just hope i dun spoil binbin's ring pillow
proud.gif

cyn

lin, here are the 28 venues:
1. Sheraton Tower
2. Grand Copthrone Waterfront
3. The Oriental Singapore
4. Fort Canning Gallery
5. Mt Faber's Marina Deck Restaurant
6. Beaufort Sentosa
7. Chijmes Hall
8. Conrad Centennial Hotel
9. Alkaff Mansion
10. Fullerton Hotel
11. Shangri-la Hotel
12. Pasta Fresca Seasports Centre
13. Sentosa Tanjong Beach
14. Halia Restaurant (Singapore Botanic Gardens)
15. Promenade at the GCW
16. Ye Shang Hai
17. The Pavilion at Shangri-La Hotel
18. The Lodge on Flamingo Lake at Jurong Bird Park
19. Asian Restaurant &amp; Bar
20. Restaurant &amp; Bar 360
21. Au Jardin Les Amis
22. Equinox
23. La Voix
24. Pasta Brava
25. IndoChine Waterfront
26. Ocho Spanish Restaurant &amp; Tapas Bar
27. Pierside Kitchen &amp; Bar
28. Singapore Zoological Gardens &amp; Night Safari (Pavilion by the Lake, The Garden Pavilion &amp; East Lodge)

if you need the article, do let me know. i can keep it for you or even send it to you =)

W

wendya&w

Hello...

Wish I could go to those bridal shows too! Well then again, maybe I can make it for any shows if they have it at the end of the year.

Bin Bin,
Yes....please send me the pics of your ROM when you get them. So fun..!!

ivory

hi doreamon

sorry.. missed one o fur postings
happy.gif

no, im not making my own wedding gowns, just dat thinking of getting 1 extra ethnic costume cos i like Chinese cultural
happy.gif

this instructress is currently teaching in SIN and she's from China, Yunnan. this time she actually out of goodwill helping me to place order for the costumes back at her hometown
happy.gif

antares

got lah.. pix is stil there, just dat this 2 days too many messages it being archives above liao lah..

heehee.. not slim lah.. bcos im stretching out datz why look a bit slim, n dat time due to daily training tummy not dat flappy.. to tell the truth, my waistline abt 29-30inches.. so pai seh..
embarrassed.gif

how old r u? i started learning at the age of 16 when i joined poly, so considered the least experienced among all my frens
happy.gif

initial training for flexibility is torture
happy.gif
but we dun push too over our limits cos may cause injury as different ppl have different body anatomy, some really not suitable to train bcos of the way their hip/pelvic area is structured.. datz y all the dancers from Beijing Dance Academy are so good cos they went thru very stringent audition n selection
happy.gif

as for the makeup... its abt the same as the make up u do for photoshoot lah, so dat u can see ur features under the bright lightings
happy.gif

cyn

pebbles
yup, i'm still gog bangkok next week. now, trying to find similar design elsewhere. hopefully i can find something in the style mag.

ino
*hands up* i'm gog to the style wedding show.. seems like many top bridal studios are participating. 1 stone kills many birds man... haha..

antares
i also as bo liao as you lah.. haha.. i've booked my bridal too. now looking ard for EG ideas.. so why not rite. if the guys think we bo liao, then ask them to design for us lor =P think the design sure no eye see one.

blusher

HI Forest,

Martine is nice too. If I'm not wrong he is the mgr. My new coordinator is not Martin. It's a new gal. Heard that she is nice too.

Hi Gals,
So many postings...I really lost track now...Stress!!! Cannot catch up!!!

pebbles

hello....
so happy to see the thread moving ah..oldies, remember there was a period where the movement in this thread was so slow....

Cyn,
u going for the style show ah, me also going...hope this time will get to see u there and please dun ask me to stand up and wave ah..ahahha...
happy.gif
won't do that....

Ivory,
im sure u will turn binbin's ring pillow into something nice..
happy.gif
best of luck..
happy.gif

antares,
yup my rom is after Binbin's , in May, most of the oldies here have ROM already, im considered one of the latest one..hahehhe..
happy.gif
hey it's ok to attend all those bridal show, to stead ideas mah..ahahha...

Wendy,
when u coming back to spore??? maybe u will be in time for the oct show if u r coming back during that period....would sure like to meet up with u...so have u been doing any research for your wedding...

cyn

pebbles
haha.. ok lah, i'll spare u from waving... how abt jumping of the chair? haha, jus kidding lah. i'll see you there... i wonder who else is gog?

pebbles

cyn,
hahahha...u very funny ah....then u go on stage lah easier for me to see u too...ahahha..
happy.gif
the oldies will be going, most likey we will meet up, im sure most of the girls here will be going too..
happy.gif
quite a big event...

oh, to all the oldies ah, i think i still have some bridal magz with u girls rite, dun mind hor, can bring it with u during our next outings cos i would like to start looking at gown designs...thanks ah!!!

forest

hi every1...

seems like activity for 2day is a little slower... so not too diff to read up the posts huh?!?!??!
biggrin.gif

hi lin,

errmmm... if i din get it wrongly.. u r still overseas rite??? so when will u b back? well.. gd luck with the chair covers thingy... n oh yeah.. also gd luck in persuading ur parents to cut down on tables...
happy.gif

hi cyn,

yeah... really thinking abt which bridal shows to attend... so MANY!! n since it will b the first time i m attending.. guess, i realy do not know wat to expect as yet!?
embarrassed.gif

ya hor.. mayb nearer the date.. we can all post which r the shows we r goin.. n perhaps see each other at the shows huh??

oh ya.. the 28 venues also veri informative for me... thks!

N... enjoy ur bkk trip next wk!!! rem to feast on some birds nest to pamper ur skin!!
biggrin.gif

hi binbin,

have to agree with cyn.. u must b feelin over the moon now?!? CONGRATS... n rem to take gd rest b4 actually day to look mei mei, n take nice nice pixes!
wink.gif

hi ivory,

veri true.. not every1 can perform on stage.. besides its public performance.. the last time i performed is in sch.. n its not really tt 'public'!
lol.gif

really admire ur determination... will look up to u... n motivate myself to go gym weekly again... i will b goin to cal fitness tomorrow to start wkg out again.. want to lose the flabs arnd tummy n thighs lah!!
embarrassed.gif

ah pebbles...

u r next in line to ROM ah... hee hee.. how's ur prep for ROM??? will u b doing it somewhere else???

hi wendy..

think u shd b able to make it for end-of the yr shows... when will u b back frm canada???

perhaps, we can also give u our own feedback after the shows?!

btw, do u mind telling me abt canada... me might b thinking of goin there for wk with hubby.. if possible, can u email me with information at [email protected]

thanks in advance for ur help!!

hi blusher,

yup.. martin is the manager.. he sent me some packages... r u having ur dinner on a wkend or wkday?? did u manage to neg for additional stuff???

hi ino n every1,

i have a qn... usually, how is the process of visiting bridal shops??? i know some prefer u to call to make appt first... n do they really let u try the gowns?? or i hve to request for it?? after trying the gowns, how do i tell them tt i wil consider cos' my imagination is tt they will ask if i want to sign up rite on the spot???!?!?

actually, last wk, i visited x-zen with my SIL who went there for her fitting... n not veri impressed.. they only offered to show me the pics, n did not ask me if i wanted to try.. n the guy who attended to us.. wasnt wat i expected.. not too frenly.. n i dint hve those comfortable feelin of asking them to make my gowns, etc, etc..
uhoh.gif

blusher

HI Forest,
Mine banquet is on weekday. Only managed to get free seat covers...the rest are about the same. When is ur banquet? weekday or weekend?

What did Martin offer you? Any extra perks? Do update me again...

lin

hi pebbles,
I didn't know such chairs so expensive. I thought holding outside would be cheaper than hotel, now, i don't know how cheap that will be.
happy.gif

Yes, probably, if i'm not getting those chairs, might just decorate them with flowers or ribbons.

hi antares,
Wanted to have lunch instead. But FH didn't agree.He said must have dinner. He prefers dinner. Moreover, his side quite traditional thinking..he said chinese thing..must have dinner.

hi Ivory,
You mention about body anatomy..wah cheem! hmm, yah, my FH always tease me about my inflexibility. He has this mentality that girls should be more flexible than guys. He said i stiff lah.
happy.gif

hi forest,
Does eating bird's nest good for your skin? I didn't know that. Oh, i will be back end of the year.

hi blusher,
i heard free seat covers.... where did you hold your banquet?

lin

hi cyn,
thanks so much for posting the 28 venues!!!!
happy.gif
wah, thank you , thank you !!! heheh...i'm so happy
happy.gif
I will go to some of those venues listed above, definitely!
Yes, please keep the article for me! I will sure contact you when i come back!
happy.gif

cyn

pebbles
your wedding in may 04 rite? so when are you having your 1st fitting? have you finalise your venue yet?

forest
no problem abt the 28 venues. wil try to scan a copy, if the txt is sharp enough, i can email to you. too many shows, so have to selective, if not pocket wil burn a big hole. hee.. dun worry, i'll make sure i enjoy myself &amp; have lots of bird nest. i'm looking forward.

you wif cali fitness? me too wif raffles pl. which branch do you usually go to? do you go alone? i'm always dragging my feet there =p

forest &amp; blusher
personally i feel tat it's not easy to neg wif MC &amp; they usually dun throw in many freebies. but i like their chocolate. so cute.

lin, you're most welcome. sorry for delaying. i'll see if i can scan it clearly so can email to you. i'm sure you're anxious to find more. actually not much write up on the places, jus the couples remarks &amp; pics.

W

wendya&w

Hi Pebbles and Forest

If all goes well and I can get everything settled smoothly, Amos and I should be back by the end of Aug this year. Really can't wait! The both of us have been whining and moaning about the remaining 5 months
happy.gif
You know lah, after 4 years, we've accumulated a looooooot of stuff. First 2 years we kept adding furniture/other home stuff cos we were pretty sure that we'd be staying even graudation. Now leh...!Headache over what to get rid, who to sell stuff too and how to ship the rest of our belongings back.

Forest,
No problem, I can try and find you information about Canada. But in the meantime, there's an article about Canada in this website. Well there was a couple who went there and they took pics of the places they've went. I'll e-mail you what I know first.

Pebbles,
Yeah think I should be able to make it for the Oct show. I'll definitely like to meet up with all of you
happy.gif

Well...haven't been doing any research for my wedding lately. There's nothing much I can do right now but wait till I get back.Intend to meet up with our hotel coordinator as soon as I can. Then the prep will begin after that. Right now all I can do is browse thru the bridal mags here and mark the pages of gowns that I like. HEhehe..

blusher

HI Lin,
My banquet is at Merchant Court.

HI Cyn,
I did get much perks too, but was happy with their service. Not forgetting their good comments in the MC thread. Hey, I love their chocolates too, so cute. I just pray hard that they don't change.

pebbles

Forest/Cyn,
hey me also with calf fittness, so how often do u girls go, alone or with your frens???

Forest,
how many tables do u have, maybe u can try JC, i spoke to her last weekend and she's a nice lady, manage to get a bit of things from her such as free seat covers...what u ask for will also depend on what u feel is most important to u ..
happy.gif

As for rom, yup, me next in line for this thread...
happy.gif
have done almost everything i guess, i will be holding my ceremony at my parents place, have gone to my bridal for my rom dress fitting so will be going down for my first fitting in mid apr, also gotten my shoes and done up 50% of my guest list, now im thinking if i should do up my own invitation card and wedding favours...hahaha...but not the artistic or creative kind lah...

Lin,
actually if u r having quite a big guestlist, maybe u should consider having it in the hotels, i guess it might be cheaper cos all the seat covers comes free or rather most hotels give the seat covers for free and the more tables u have the more bargining power u will have...can discuss it with yr FH..
happy.gif

Cyn,
i have not gone for my first fitting yet dun think will be that soon lah as for hotel venue ah, actually wanted to have it at pan pac but now decided to drop the idea, though i manage to bargain for lots of free peaks but after comparing the menu of pan pac to MC, pan pac price is seriously overpriced, they dun even serve prawns and they are serving cheap fish...so now i have shortlisted another two hotels...

Wendy,
Great so we will get to meet u two love birds in Oct then...i know what u mean, i was just like the two of u, during my first two years, i was so busy buying furniture to make myself comfortable come third year i had so much furniture and other home stuff, i have to ship lots of stuff back but i was quite lucky to sell away some of my big furniture to those fresh grads...so best of luck!!

binbin

oh my oh my, so many mesgs....*piang*. hehhehe.....

thanks girls for your well wishes, will try to take nice photos hhehhee.....

pebbles and antares, no lah, not super romantic lah. i wld say he more sweet than romantic hhehehe.... Yes I am going for some pampering session the day before ROM.
happy.gif
going WaterCourt Spa for pedicure and manicure coz I have some vouchers from the recent road show. After that going facial at Sothy's. hehhee....

pebbles, i didn't go Regent for V day.
happy.gif
We went there for my FH's birthday last year... and yes I am still going for the mini honeymoon. It's been a long time we go for real hols leh, the last time was last last Oct 2001. went for Star Cruise balcony class only....hehhee....coz i dun really dare to take planes. now going to take to Phuket, quite nervous lah...hhehehe...... i very gian spa and massage and pampering now, so signed up for a spa romance package from the resort over the internet. hope it's nice...
happy.gif

ivory, dun worry lah, u wun spoil my pillow one! whatever u do will still be better than my own attempt hhahahhha....... see you tomorrow!

doreamon

Hi Cyn,

Read that u are going bangkok soon. Okie, found this in another thread, maybe u want to go and take a look.
happy.gif

At Phahurat Market(near Chinatown), it's something like our Arab St cum Concourse but at a larger scale..there are a lot of shops doing wedding favours and printing cards just like the one in Siam Sq..
Went to 2 shops there, prices are very much the same depending on which designs:
for 450 cards, abt 11B - 16B(without bargaining) includes printing of words(if I din hear wrongly), tying of gold strings
(if tie string ourselves, takes abt 2 days)
for 16B, it's the more complicated designs(very nice)
for siam sq, it's abt 15B per card but extra 500B for printing of words(takes abt 1 week)

wedding favours abt 13B-18B in Phahurat market and 25B in Siam Sq..order takes abt 1 week. They got very nice wedding favours and they do everything like wrapping individual items and tying them..quite cool..we wanted to get but as they take a week and we are coming back soon so no time..they also can post mail back but we prefer hand carry..
first 1kg - 500B
next 1kg - 100B

antares

hi Ivory,
ya lor. that's why those beijing dancers are so good. Heard that to be able to get into the dance troupe is very very hard. Last time, my instructor told me that some even went to "pull" their spine(?) longer so as to be able to dance.. I dun know if it is true? or is it something like that? U start learning at 16! I think that's quite hard already right? Your determination must be real strong..
happy.gif
I am 26 now, which I think it is definitely too old to start dancing...
proud.gif
Then how old are u now leh? Intend to dance for how long?
Oh ya, when is your wedding har?

Hi WendyA&amp;W,
Your course so long ah? 4 yrs? Most of my friends who went oversea to further their studies came back within 2 years but they went Australia. Are you doing PhD cos' I understand that PhD course usually quite long? So u coming back soon..hope to see u then...
happy.gif
oh ya and can ask u to speak your hokkien to me ..heee
biggrin.gif

hi binbin,
2 more days before your big day... hehe..
happy.gif

can show us your photo after that?..

elf

hi, this is elf. i wld like to join in thread as am oso a 2004 bride
happy.gif
i have booked my bandquet with merchant court &amp; bridal package with bridal zone...understand a few of u r same as me. hope we can share more info as time goes by
happy.gif

forest

hi blusher,

actually, i have not confirmed my hotel venue yet.. but heard a lot of good comments abt MC, tt's y i was wondering if they r open to neg..

so, i guess, the package is kinda there lah... well, if i ever start neg with MC, will keep u posted!!
happy.gif

hi blusher/cyn,

cyn, r u with MC as well???? when's ur wedding? i hve not seen their choc yet... wat's it like?

hi Lin,

yes.. eating birds nest is def good... supposedly 'zi run yang yan'.. though usually, u must eat for long term.. b4 u see the benefits lah... u know... stars like fann wong take it all the time... like everyday...

n becos bkk hve them at cheap prices (n good quality, if u can tell).. its the best time to eat them!
biggrin.gif

hi cyn,

wow.. if u can really scan it, then tt wld b sooo great!
biggrin.gif

u r rite abt the shows.. must select those tt i hve interests in.. otherwise.. i will jus b a poor girl in april! hee hee...

hi cyn/pebbles,

yes... im with cal fitness (it's a company scheme)... i usually go to the raffles plc one.. cos' its more convenient for me.. sometimes, i will go with my coll.. other times, i will jus go alone.. actually, i hve taken a 4mths break.. n today wil b the start of my gym regime again!!
proud.gif
hve been paying the subscription w/o going.. wat a waste!!!
lame.gif
so how often do u go there?? mayb we can arrange a gym session wkly to motivate each other?!??!?
wink.gif

hi wendy,

thanks for sending me the email.. so nice of u!!!
happy.gif

n hope to c u n ur darling when u r back!!

think i m worse than u leh... i dun even know the dates we shd be holding our wedding... ?!?! wonder if i will get 'demoted' to be a 2005 bride instead?!?!? hahah..

hi pebbles,

eh... wat does JC stands for - a coord at MC??? so, which r the 2 shortlisted hotels u hve now?? we will hve min of 35 tables, its our estimate now.. jus hope it will remain as 35!! hee...

abt the wedding invite n favors, as wat doreamon posted (i also saw it in tt other thread).. seems quite interesting to check it out leh... mayb u can think of something frm there?!?
happy.gif

hey binbin,

wah.. so nice... enjoy the pampering.. hvent had tt for a long time... *envy envy*

which sothys do u go to??? i've been reading at the recommendation for facials thread.. n seems sothys is quite good... wat's ur rating?? how abt prices??

i hve been goin to institut of clarins at wheelock.. but find the plc a bit out of the way.. so, m checking out other facial outlets n their branches.. do give me feedback if u hve time... otherwise.. after ur rom, n little honeymoon also can... tks!!
biggrin.gif

btw, if any1 has any advice to me on the 'visiting bridal studios' qn i posted earlier, pls do let me know... THANKS!!

ivory

Lin

huh? cheem ah... then how abt "bone structure"
happy.gif

antares

pull the "spine"? dun quite understand
happy.gif
i oni noe dat during their audition they will ask u to do a set of execises for them to see, look at your overall outlook (pretty or hansome or not in future), they will feel your bone structure to see if u are suitable to be a dancer cos not everyone can.. even if u are extremely flexible but ur bone structure is not right, u b rejected too
happy.gif

last time my dance troupe oso carry out such auditions but when its my turn to join, no more such rules cos its very hard to find ppl interested in Chinese Cultural Arts so when there still got ppl wan to join, they more than welcome.. even if the students got attitude oso close one eye, where got like China, can afford to be selective n strict training.. very sad..
sad.gif

oh yes.. u may b able to watch a performance this year.. last nite when i went for rehearsal, we received a request from the principal to put up a stage of Chinese Cultural dances in Aug/Sept, open to public.. but dun expect too much cos the students there learn dance less then a year.. so u know lah.. we are trying to ask our Yunnan instructress and Mongolian instructress to cheorograph 1-2 items for us too.. dunno they free or not..

sweetgal82

I called up Allson Hotel just now and they told me that w.e.f July 2003, the hotel will be taking over by another management and they might or might not be holding wedding banquets anymore so have to reconsider the venue for banquet again. Anyone have any suggestions? Budget SGD560.00-SGD570.00 NETT per table for 22 tables on Saturdays

pebbles

hi annmelody,
sorry girl, i miss out your posting earlier on, when do u want to go gown shopping, u can msg me or icq me also can, i will normally log on at nite..
happy.gif

Cyn,
hey, when u going down to bkk ah, is it for business trip, if it's for your holidays maybe u should postpone it ah, the virus thingy getting quite bad ah...

Forest,
oh JC is the coodin name..
happy.gif
the two hotels which i have shortlisted are MC and GCW but have not spoken to GCW so dun know what are they peaks they are offering me...
As for gym, i have being going either with my FH or by myself, i also go to the raffles place one cos FH works at raffles, easier for him..
happy.gif
i normally try my best to go 3 times a week cos big size mah and not much time to lose weight..
happy.gif
but sometimes really feel so sian lor...tired of excersing but no choice lah...but thanks to all those pple who always opening insult my size, i get more motivated to show them what im capable of...aahhah..
happy.gif
maybe we might bump into each other in the gym..ahah..
happy.gif

Elf,
welcome welcome!!!
19000.gif

yup, both myself and leafy is with BZ, but i have not settled my hotel yet..
happy.gif
if u need any help, we will sure help u..who's your co-ordinater at BZ

lin

hi binbin,
where is the sothys facial place? is it near raffles place? I used to use the facial wash from sothys. But i bought that from my aunt.

hi pebbles,
do hotels provide function room also?

hi forest,
i saw this bird's nest bottle selling here. such a small bottle cost $6. And it sells in 6 packs. So, total cost around $48. Dont' know whether want to try or not...

hi Ivory,
hehhe... let's just say i'm really inflexible.
happy.gif

elf

tx pebbles
happy.gif

my co-ordinator is Grace...recommended by my friend cos very friendly &amp; easy to negotiate. My grown selection is on 19 Apr. Jus concern tat my gown selection will be limted cos i'm quite petite..may not be able to carry those big dresses..

ivory

ai ya antares

forgot to answer the other part of ur msg... me blur liao..

me oso 26 tis yr.. so u not old lah... one of my local instructress oso started learning at the age of 21
happy.gif

dunno how long i can still dance.. as long as i can lor... still got some many things haven't learn yet leh..
happy.gif

my customary hasn't set yet.. have asked his mother to help look for a date next year lor
happy.gif
this May i'll ROM 1st
happy.gif

pebbles

Hi Lin,
how's life over at your side??? getting any cooler??yeah most hotels have function rooms but those are meant for smaller size weddings, u can also consider using function rooms..and im sure they include seat covers too..
happy.gif

Elf,
oh, yeah Grace is very nice and frenly..
happy.gif
mine is xiaopei i dun think u should have any problem with your gown selection , no worries, only i need to worry cos im too big for the gowns, cannot find any big size gowns that look nice on me..ahha..
happy.gif
when is your big day???

ai ya antares,
i forgot, after binbin, it's Ivory's turn, if i remember correctly, her's is on the 9th of may ah so after her rom then i will be next..
happy.gif

Sweetgal,
How many tables do u have? how about Conconde hotel or Novotel hote, think their price range should be around there..hope these hotels helps, maybe the rest of the girls can give u some other suggestions

W

watchgalore

Hi,

I'm new here, just got to know this website thru a friend.
I've also booked MC for dinner &amp; gown @ B Zone.
So far B Zone no prob. But a friend went to
a wedding dinner @ MC &amp; commented that they employ
foreign workers as their waiters !!!

Any comments? Any news of that sort.
Cos I specifically asked Dom (our ex-coordinator, now resigned) if they're using perm staff &amp; not part-timers and was given positive reply.

cyn

Wendy
cheers, very soon you'll be back in sin. looking forward meeting the golden couple. =)

Forest &amp; Pebbles
wow so coincidence man, we frequent the same club. perhaps we shd meet up one day. i'll try to go twice a week. have been gog alone for the past few mths cos i took up the personal training. so sad ending soon, not extra $$ to sign up more =(

pebbles, forest &amp; blusher
MC is value for $$. nice ambience, good food, only ballroom, accessible (when MRT is ready) and of cos reasonable price. MC is one of my shortlisted hotel but i dun like the coordinator. unfriendly &amp; stuck up, thinking tat MC is popular, so doesnt really care abt you signing up anot. as for the chocolate, think there's 2 pcs - dark &amp; milk, 1 girl &amp; 1 boy. really cute, you wont wan to eat.

forest, i'm with GCW. my wedding in jan 04.

binbin
you really know how to enjoy life huh... *envy* must be feeling very excited.. getting closer to the big day. so which resort did you book? how much?

doremon
thx for you info. dino tat they have such stuff in bangkok. really cheap huh.. btw, which thread huh? i'll be doing my own invites (with compliments lah) so it's a gd chance to steal ideas again. haha.. if i find something nice &amp; cheap, i dun mind getting there. but have to wait for a week?! i'm only there for 5 days leh.

pebbles
thx for your concern. it's a holiday trip.. so far the virus haven spread there... hopefully not.. if i really tat "sway" to kana, bo bian lor. even i stay in sin, there's chances to kana too =)

lin
bird's nest is really good for complexion. but too siong to have it daily. not sure if those in oz good, depend on where they come from?

lin

hi pebbles,
it's getting cooler these few days. Now, really feels like autumn. It's better. Life as usuallah, busy, but i'm always in front of the computer, so always multi-tasking. hehe...
happy.gif
And gosh, lazy to do laundry. Always do laundry only until the last piece of clothes.

I don't know if the hotels will charge extra for the function room. See how it goes... but luckily, i went to check out the price of chairs...sigh..didn't know so ex.

hi cyn,
hmm..ok. probably i'll eat it once in a while especially when nearer to my wedding date. I think at the moment now, i just watch my diet. Now, already cutting down on fried food.

W

wendya&w

Hi all!!

Sweetgal,
There's this show at Amara hotel. The ad is always flashing at the top of this page. EHhehe..looks nice. Maybe you can go and have a look. The table setting looks soooooooo nice.

Antares,
Phd?! Wow...I wish I have the brain and motivation for that. Haahah..no I'm just finishing off my bachelor degree. Won't even think about doing masters unless I have loads of money. Yeah, some ppl only had to spend a year in Aust cos they went to Poly or something. I had to start from year 1.

Ivory,
How do they check bone structure? Amazing...didn't know they do that before selecting. I guess you must have it in you literally (the right bone structure) to be a top notch dancer.

Lin,
Hhehehe...I'm the same too. Hate doing laundry. Have to lug the clothes all the way to the laundry room, have to pay for the machines and still have to fight for them. Plus whenever its laundry time, I feel like I have to waste a few hours sitting at home to wait for it. Otherwise if it's a crowded day, ppl just take your laundry out.

Cyn,
I wonder if I should torture myself and cross out each day on the calender till Aug. HAhahah...did that once before for 10 months at work. Waiting for the day till I got to quit.

Hi Elf..! Welcome..!
Are getting a made to measure gown or what? Cos if you are, don't have to worry. You'll be able to have a gown made just for you. When you are petite, it's not difficult to find the right style.

Pebbles,
You are really funny. I get those stupid remarks about my size alllll the time too lah. Some ppl just have no consideration. They just think too highly of themselves. Whats more important is the overall body must be proportionate. Size doesn't matter.
happy.gif
I used to be very conscious about my frame and height, now I think it's really quite a blessing. So I can't wear sleeveless tops or too body-hugging outfits lor..nevermind. I'll find something else!

Hmmm...did I forget to answer anyone's question??
happy.gif

elf

pebbles, my big day is on 13 Jan 2004
happy.gif
still early for to prepare a lot of things...so now only got to occupy myself by going thru the bridal mags ava. in town for my dream gown...heehee..

cyn, which co-ordinator did u talk to in MC? my co-ordinator is jennifer. She is very nice although some things we asked for she can't provide us...if u r really interest in MC...maybe u can ask for her the next time..

ivory

Wendy A&amp;W

thanks for your compliments, im just dancing for interest, chinese cultural arts can't survive in SIN lah
happy.gif
fortunately im not living in China else i can't dance too
happy.gif
dun have the perfect bone structure
happy.gif

i oso dunno how they check the bone structure, but i guess its after years of experience, all the instructors there will be able to pinpoint whether the children are suitable to be dancers or not lor

pebbles

Hi Cyn,
hey woman u got PT ah, who's yr trainer??? so when do u normally go for your PT ah, maybe i might have seen u before...maybe i always see u but dun know it's u hahah...
happy.gif
so how long have u gone for PT,heard that it's really very effective, did u manage to lose alot of weight??? but are u big size in the first place?
oh regarding yr bkk trip, yeah i know the weekend mkt sells lots of nice wedding favours but limited choices lor do check out the one Doremon recommend and let us know ah..
happy.gif
but be careful hor..
happy.gif
As for MC ah, so far the co-ordin that i dealt with is very nice but have not met up with GCW yet so can't make my decision...

Hi Wendy,
hahah...u also very funny what, i guess we are all the same, there's always a limit to how much shit a person can take for my case is, a bit too much off my limit already so cannot stand it anymore, main concern i have is my health, alot of fat pple tend to fall sick easily...but i guess for now the motivation to fit into a nice gown is the main purpose to lose weight lah..ahahah..
happy.gif

Hi elf,
never too early to prepare for yr wedding but it's a good idea to start looking out for the gown design which u like, u taking MTM or OTR..
happy.gif
hey do u want to mail me yr details then i will add on to our mailing list..
happy.gif
my email address is [email protected]

Hi sweetgal,
Amara hotel is quite ex for weekend cos they just renovated their ballroom so u might want to look at other hotels which Cyn had suggested to u..
happy.gif

Hi Ivory,
ahah...oh sorry remember wrong date..
happy.gif

Hi Lin,
it's good that the weather is getting cooler so soon will be winter, i love winter but tend to eat more during winter..ehehe..
happy.gif
dun worry so much i know the hotels charges around the same price for function rooms so shouldn't be that bad..
happy.gif
will be looking forward for your return too..
happy.gif

Hi watchgalore,
welcome to our 04 thread, looks like the number of BZ brides are increasing..
happy.gif
who's yr co-ordinater for BZ and when is your big day..? as for MC waiters, i guess it's ok for them to use foreign workers cos as long as they are qualify, there shouldn't be much of a problem cos they also have problem with hiring rite, with the number of weddings they hold plus with one to one serving, i guess it's really quite difficult for them to just hire part time staff...oh u want to send my your particulars in the above mentioned address so i can add u to the mailing list

antares

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">hi Ivory,</FONT>
actually I also dun know if it is spine or not? I can't remember exactly. What I know is just that it is definitely not that simple to get into dance troupe lor. Ya, I think that's quite true, nowadays not many people interested in chinese cultural arts. I remember that time when some people know that I am in chinese orchestra, then they actually said "yeeee"..so sad..
sad.gif
Really?!There will be a performance in Aug/Sep! If the place and time is finalised,let me know ok?..
happy.gif
How abt the ticket? Maybe u can drop me an email to let me know just in case I miss out the message here cos' this thread is really moving very fast..
happy.gif
Will u be in the performance too?
happy.gif

heee..so we are of the same age..
happy.gif
So how's your prepartion for ROM? Settled your ROM dress? Going for outdoor solemnisation?

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">hi sweetgal82,</FONT>
u might want to consider River View Hotel. I think it might fit your budget..
happy.gif
As for the ballroom, I do not have any idea cos' never been to any wedding there before.

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">hi elf,</FONT>
welcome welcome..
happy.gif

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">hi cyn,</FONT>
I also heard such thing abt MC also. Got people told me that nowadays MC's business is so good and it becomes that there is no room for negotiation...dun know if this is true. GCW is a nice place... tot of holding the banquet there but it is above my budget..:p

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">hi Pebbles,</FONT>
some people always like that one, openly insulted people's size...
sad.gif
i know that kind of feeling... remember I used to get those remarks such as "ni3 pang4 le4..zhen1 de4"...(You become fatter, really..) , hey your face look like hamburger..hey, why your face so fat...ni3 fei2 le... I was so sad that time but later immune liao..hahaa..:pP But Why can't they spare a thoughts for other..
sad.gif
But u really get motivated by this ah?..good good.. for me I just one ear in and one ear out..:pP
bochao..:p

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">hi WendyA&amp;W,</FONT>
so those from poly got exempted for 1 or 2 year like that lah?...true lah, doing PhD seems very cheem like that.. got friends tell me dun take PhD, otherwise will get Permanent Head Damage(PhD)..:p

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">hi girls,</FONT>
ask u all har.. what are the perks that you are asked for? The banquet coordinator will ask u what perk u want or is it that u just suggested to them? I am very blur with this..:p

W

watchgalore

Hi Pebbles,

my coord - BZ is Linda - was told she's the designer.

for MC - can't remember the name, but it's a lady, heard new to the hotel.

mine is actually this sept, not 04 :p
but came here cos it's very happening &amp; most have
similar BZ &amp; MC. pls don't mind, ladies.

Hi antares,
guess, we must tell them wat we want, hotel won't "song4 shang4 men2" (offer you anything extra volunatarily) Tell them everything you want then they'll tell you wat they can't give.

W

wendya&w

Antares,
Yours friends are really funny. Never heard of Permanent Head Damage before...will tell my friends. HEehehe. Yah, for Phd, you have to do a lot of reasearch for your thesis. I can never make it man. I have a friend here who is finishin up his Phd and he is BALD! HAhahah...he's only 30 I think...starting balding years ago. Probably killed a lot of brain cells or something. HEhehe

I'm not sure if coordinators usually ask you what things you want to substitute. But my mom and sis-in-law told me that we must ask for things that we really want...So before our coordinator asked us, we've already sent her a list of requests like another night's stay in the suite, types of wedding favour etc. I actually don't really know what else I want. Maybe I'll know what to ask for after I see the place...then I'll probably ask if I can change the flower of whatever if I don't like something.

Pebbles,
Oh so Amara just renovated their ballroom huh? Interesting. Do they have a website? Maybe I can go and look see look see. I like to look at pictures of ballrooms.
happy.gif