(2004) Brides of year 2004

littlepig

Hi bellbell,

My MUA is JOEY, I met her during my gown selection. she is quite friendly and looks like 'O shing xian' (TV8 celebrity).

Actually, they are only 2 photograhers in Z-wedding. i heard that Ah Tat is good in indoor, but Ah soon is better in outdoor.

for your reference.

kokchien

Hi Fantasy,
Heh, the spa and facial is actually opened by the bridal shop, specially for their customers only...indeed i also like the feeling of getting massaged, scrubbed, etc...=P

fantasy

Hey fern, understand... their cultures are afterall very differnt from us... think most singaporean gals very spoilt... hee... we just splurge like nobody's business for our wedding
crazy.gif

My PS photographer is Robin... not pushy at all... we only top up additional 2 pix and he has no problem with that... for your reference
happy.gif

fantasy

Hi bow_wow, your BS really clever huh... to link bridal service with beauty treatments. Esp good for those who do not have a regular beautician
happy.gif

I love the feeling of massage most.

fern

Sorry Bow wow, that message sometimes pops up when too many ppl access it at the same time. When we first set and gave the address to friends, they all went look at the same time and it jammed up. The problem was solved after traffic slowed down. Yesterday after i posted my website here, there was a jump of hits from 400+ to 500+!!
So sorry, hope that you can view it again some time later, and pls give me your comments okie! Thanks a lot!

brambles

is diamond peel like microdermabrasion?

baobao, u did urs at mary chia, did u say? is it good? n same? cost $200?

my PS most prob in July, so now gotta start taking extra care of myself

polosportjg

Hi morning ladies,

yep littlepig sort of complicated. Pualson is very helpful.. Not sure the next visit, when Helen is around (Anna say will inform her) whether Paulson will be 'angry'? For my case, I need the car, maybe can forgo the big potrait. Not sure can exchange for wat other items too.....think when I sleep also keep running through all these on my mind.

me on MC till sat. sigh! lost my voice, flu, throat hurts everything....so u gals meeting up this Sat??? maybe next gathering I join k?

think the next trip down to TJ Pagar will be 3 weekends from now with my FH. Think will dropby Z wedding, Julia Wedding News take a closer look at their gowns, let my FH see their photography skills.

A bit worried, if I step into the shop a second time, duno whether will they not happy if I didn't sign & say go hm think over it???
Any experience ladies???

Is only when signed the package, gown selection is on another day right??
Can bring camera there to take meh?
Go hm think think then next day come back & confirm gowns is it?

nnyl

morning!!
happy.gif

it's fri, yippee...

Bebe
I bought mine at Lee Hwa, given discount, think 40% (?, can't remember) discount- diamond items only for my ring, none for hubby as his is plain one, total $1.2K. What chubbyrain say is true abt white gold, cos white gold is 'plated', base is still yellow gold. It's not easy to find a pair both of u like, remembered searching for mths. :p u still hv some time, look around more.
happy.gif

hi c0co/yvonne/chubbyrain
next wed group outing seem big hur.. hmm.. where to makan? shall we try n find something healthy? hehe.. must maintain, not going to overeat. :p

seabreeze

think nov brides only lor ... otherwise very 'messy' ar ...

me can't make it for 17 april that coffee session ler ... cos me working that morning then some frens coming over to my place that day ...

u gals prefer weekday or weekend??

fern

Hi Fantasy, I like your gown, very nice. So which BS is that? Your package price also includes the actual day shots?
I'm so envious....but then my hubby and i already came to a compromise, just go for the essentials. Actually i got one friend huh...she also spent more than $6k for her BS package and we saw the photos not very nice leh...better not say which BS...don't want to get into trouble :p....

Bow wow, you got photos? Want to see yours too.

stardus

Hi all,

if wanna meet up for nov brides only, why don't we organise one? Shall we fix a date on weekday? cos I think weekend, we have alot of other commitments that need to be carry out with FH, e.g. see to reno, do housework, visit BS, etc.

what do u all think?

nickel

hi gals..
i was MIA the whole yest..cant even come in and peep lor, working like mad yest..now feeling so tired liao..yest me went shopping with hubby coz he want to buy shirt, me shop till want to peng man, didnt even want to take a look at my own stuffs lor, waiting him to finish and showing him that kind of very sleepy look!
happy.gif
happy.gif

bebe..
wedding bands are like that lor, the price can be quite different, do shop ard b4 u decide on it..actually i want to bought mine at goldheart, its the platium with blue strip, but dun reali look nice on me and i have a friend that bought that so didnt buy at the end.
me pass u the money on next wed k..

forest..
how u now?heard that u r sick..u better oredi?got see doc?rest well k..

yvonne, forest, bebe..
wowowo..u gals so shiok hor, can meet up during lunch and do the shopping..my side very boring one, all coffeeshop and supermarket..can onli go there buy food to eat, no clothings to see..

chubbyrain..
hihi..so long never tok to u liao..so guess u finish all ur chips oredi rite?got leave some for us anot?
happy.gif

c0co..
yap..me like mad lor, want to take a rest oso feel like my boss is "staring" at me..its like y r u still at ur desk relaxing? do ur work! aiyo, finally its fri liao if not i peng man!
oh yes, me finally able to tok to him liao, he quite like the "cone" cake coz he think that one still okie, he afraid that the normal wedding cake will be wasted coz he think that no one will eat it lor..anyway think i will go down and tok to them, see if they can make a bigger one, maybe about 200 puffs..wonder if the whole thing will fall anot..
happy.gif

yvonne..
me bought a shirt for hubby liao, now he want to change the image lor, not wearing the mandrain collar liao, he wear a black jacket, black with strip shirt and a blueish colour tie..overall look quite nice..he cant wear white lor, look abit bah bah..
happy.gif
hope he dun come in and read, if not he will kill me man!
happy.gif

ivory..
hope u can find ur shoes soon, me now oso shopping ard lor, need to buy a low heels one, if not i will be taller than my hubby liao..
happy.gif

exciting..
seem like the two of us are in the same boat leh, must reali take a rest over the weekend lor if not will not look mei mei..my hubby juz told me that my face looks abit pale, like no energy lor..

for the rest of the gals..
hi hi..too long msg liao, might miss out some of u..pai seh leh..will read the forum again..me now like scanning through lor..want to go work liao..see u all on wed..

c0co, can i msg me if there is any changes in timing and venue?i might not be able to come in so often lately..thanx gal! i will be there ard 7pm..see u all there..

ivory, get ready for our saucer coffee leh!
happy.gif
happy.gif

gals, i will be on leave next mon and tue so guess will not be logging in..juz beep me if anything k..
happy.gif

cawaii

hi fairymoss/fantasy,
yap looking at their beauty rest series, cant remember the model name. the back care series too hard for us aso. but understand from the sales person that you have to flip mattress so as to distribute the pressure on the coil.
actually, price difference between those two are abt the same. guess will go try again and see which i prefer.

fantasy,
u sure koe how to relax.. facial every 10 days and spa every 2 weeks. do let me koe if u find any lobang for spa, me aso intending to go body scrub every 2 weeks. then skin will look more radiant and smoother.

hi fern,
so u will be moving to australia after wedding?

girlfriend

Cawaii

We didnt get to take the sample prints home. We have to choose on the spot. Anyway I quarrelled with the photo studio over the sample prints. DUn wish to rake the old stuff, the thots of it make me boil!!!

Anyway we got Simmons beautyrest series from Robinsons. Havent tried on it yet.. can only sleep aft an chuang.. So far I haf heard positive feedback on both simmons & sealy. In the end, we got simmons coz of the good d/c from robinsons.

chubbyrain

Hi Nickel dear..
happy.gif

Dun peng ah.. Must try to R & R a bit, so u will stay mei mei ok?
happy.gif

U takin leave next mon n tue, so can rest rest.. Must take some beauty sleep..

Hey, u wanted to buy the platinum ring wif blue stripe at Goldheart? Me liked it too, but its too thick, looks weird on my fingers.. I asked them whether can customise it to make it thinner, they say can but will cost abt 1k each.. So i peng-ed n say dun wan.. Too ex lah..

Hee hee, my potato chips r gone liao.. Tink i eat too much ah.. Must start to diet again..
happy.gif

Take care dear, see u next wed..

Hi Lynn,
Yes yes, i agree tt we must eat something light n healthy.. I also need to lose weight, haven lost any for long time.. shuacks..
sad.gif

Far East Plaza lots of those thai chinese food, not very healthy wan.. Got sushi tei too, wat else huh? Oh, also got soup restaurant at DFS opposite.. Dunno which ones to go to.. Lost liao man..
Wait for the rest to suggest..
happy.gif

Hi Forest,
I replied ur email liao..
happy.gif

seabreeze

sorry ... 23 april .... hahahaha ... think we all nov brides ... so type nov ....

if not we meet on 3 May (mon) ... so that we can all just book that date for this meet up ... how does that sound?

fern

Yes lor...my hubby working in Singapore at the moment. He wants to go back...I'm very sad to leave my family and friends here...but no choice...must follow hubby. Now we're in the midst of preparing for banquet in June and also in the midst of doing immigrations stuff. Can feel very overwhelmed at times. Sometimes i become a bit pek chek (also feel sad about leaving family), then will pull a long face leh...but Luckily my hubby is very understanding and supporting.

By the way girlfriend, can i also see your pic huh? Saw very good reviews about your pics too! My email address again:
[email protected]

Thanks!

piglets

Brambles

I don't the the price of diamond tone leh... Cos that time my frend work there so ask me go and try... So not very sure how much. If you wanna know i can check for you

onee

fern : Thanks for your compliments. I spent S$5.7k(incl. 3 gowns to keep, make-up & hairdo, bouquet for PS and AD, bridal car floral and PS) for ala-carte
happy.gif
My PS was done by Picturebox, Marcus Mok.

cawaii

hi girlfriend,
ops..sorry, dun mean to remind you of that. anyway, the photos are great.

understand that the range for both sealy and simmons at robinsons are different from the range outside. now robinsons are having some discounts like 30%+10% and additional 5% for robinsons card holder.

ivory

<font color="0000ff">kkwai…</font>
I tell u wor… I like Nissin’s Seafood Curry cup noodles leh… simply shiok man… then for Maggie mee I oni like chix flavour…. then rest I find not nice… ot more likely I too lazy to try … hahahhaha…
proud.gif

<font color="0000ff">exciting…</font>
oh boy oh boy… take care take care.. sometimes I oso like dat… got major mistake in front of me I oso cant see… bosses wan to long piah oso
proud.gif

<font color="0000ff">Yvonne..</font>
u get a bone for me ah? can I request chewing gum? can bite longer
proud.gif

aiya… u forgot ah? my EG got split high high leh… so m thinking of getting those heels will ribbons or anything that I can tie upwards on my calf.. shd look quite nice…

last nite went Causeway Pt got see a few pairs quite nice… but all slip in kind n not really high enuf… if I really too lazy to think I will get from there lor… but a bit ex leh.. $70-80+…

<font color="0000ff">bebe…</font>
ya lor.. wear dat new dress on wed for us to see lah
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">c0co…</font>
hee… we have the same taste for food ah… good good. tot me the only weirdo… *grin*

but soy sauce on plain rice really taste nice leh… yummy…

since the few of us meeting 1st at 5.45pm.. we can go la kopi 1st.. then ard 6.30 or 6.45pm u guys go ahead to another location for dinner lor.. I can grab some kaya loh thi at YaKun can liao
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">chubbyrain…</font>
ah? ur ILs paying ah? they so good to u leh… no profit ah… nebermind, we sure can work something out… then u can be salesperson lor
happy.gif
do the field work cos my PR skills damn poor.. hahahaha…
proud.gif

me buying 1 pair for PS n wear on AD lor… no nid buy so many so troublesome…

<font color="0000ff">chubbyrain / c0co…</font>
kekeke… no such things as cheap professionals lah
happy.gif
all the frens I noe learn from professionals in their studio.. but I can check with them if their instructors got teach in CC or not once they are free.. seems that now the dancesport competition is on.. din get to see them for some time liao
happy.gif

piglets

Brambles

Now they are having a promotion 1st timer S$ 65 and susequent S$ 250. If you goin to do just remember not to sign up any package with them.

_snow

hi to all oct pretty brides!

just to drop a short note....jus had a quick glance at the posting....sorrie i cant participate...busy...

read abt the next central outing....
sad.gif
i have to give it a pass again....same as coco..be going to bkk for business trip....but not as fortunate as her....i wont hv much time for shopping....envy her...

be uploading my korea pics to pc this weekend...will try post it to show u gals b4 i leave for bkk monday.....

hi exciting,
i noe ur friend....they are a nice couple.....we had an enjoyable time.....we even took a cab together to go for late night shopping....just saw them on wed....

piglets

Me when to amara at tanjong pagar... But be firm don't sign up any package wif them cos they will kip talking and talking... Call and check with them to see the promotion still on than make a reservation than go down

blueberry

Coco, Ivory,

I am addicted to Nissen tom yum ones... Dun like the chicken one.. coz everytime burp got that nasty smell...
Me into Tung yee ones.. texture different from maggie ones...

Chubbyrain,

Ok. promise not to eat that much.. only when I can't find food :p
The noodles seems interesting.. sound like the ramen type..
Actually they contain a lot of MSG and can cause water retention.. :p
You must be a noodle person more than a rice person?

Bebe,

Platimun rings are the most expensive.. But Gold heart got a good range of wedding rings.. Me dun like platimum, find it heavy..

Nickel,

Enjoy your break
happy.gif
and your cake searching too
happy.gif

peg76

Janet
I also did not sign up my package on my 1st visit. told them we have think abt it, the BS was ok with it. they are still as friendly when we went up the second time. well, this may also differ for different BS.

Yah, gown selection is normally not on the day u signed the package. My BS allowed us to take pics bec it will be easier for us to make comparison between the gowns, can also go home and think and look at the pics before making a decision. I think not all allow u to do this..

do let me know what time are u all meeting on 3 may bec i have body treatment on that day at 6pm.

hakida

brambles,
sorry,should be alternate mths instead of weeks.
i sign up with the pkg.5 times for 1k,with my own beautician.the results is really good that i can't resist not to sign up the pkg.
piglets,
how come 65 bucks only,so cheap.

c0co

hi gals... hehe...

agnes gal.. for a min i was thinking... when i so good life go BKK? hehe... soon... shall bug him...
A galfriend of mine went bali for honeymoon last year... wah... damn cheap... whole trip only costed 1200! hehehe... very tempted but last year was the sars cum war period so much cheaper... but she went for second honey moon a year later in US coz husband was posted to US for a while... so not too bad... i say she is damn good a wife... she is thrifty... hehe..

Chubbyrain... soup restaurant sounds great...yummy white chicken...
was thinking Sushi tei/genki as well...

if u guys dun mind walking, can consider

-Paragon : MY MUM'S CUISINE(quite yummy local food... not too expensive also)
-Paragon: Din Tai Fung( be warned... long q... hehe)

But overall i think SOUP rest quite value for money... anyone tried yet?

Lynn... dun worry... the gals here wont mind healthy food... we are going to be beautiful brides in OCT... hehe...

Nickel... congrats. So bring your FH down to patissier too? hehe... make him excited about the cake too... should be below your budget!!! Yeah..

yvonne gal... hows your day so far? BUSY BUSY BUSY?
TGIF!!!!!!!! hehe

Bebe... on your wedding band, can try soo kee or fairy inc (quite a nice place and is at Delphi orchard)My band only 400 plus. My FH happy man... can custom-make the design u like... with or without diamond, matt/shiny finish, simple/complicated etc... can check it out if u cant find something u like elsewhere.

brambles

hayashi, i see. i thot if alternate weeks, den my hubby will surely faint if he knows of it
wink.gif

wat does the process entail and hows the effect like after that? n is it the same like microdermabrasion? sorry for the whole string of qns
lame.gif

polosportjg

Hi Peg76,

thks for the info. So where are you going for your body treatment? Suppose to go gym to get rid off some fats &amp; tone....But a bit lazy, end up think went once in a month instead of once a week. HA HA! end up , I have signed up a spa, slimming package end of March. Till now hven't gone once......due to gathering info for BS...discussing renov with my designer....
Now best, fell sick, think I lost some weight. he he!

3rd May seems fine with me. wat time gals ? around city area or?

blueberry

Coco,

You custom made your ring??
I was intending to custom made one for my hubby to look like mine.. dun know if prices at Fairy Inc is expensive.

hakida

brambles,

i dun know how to explain to u.i think piglets is better at explaining.
ur face will become very smooth and radiant after the peel,that's why must be very consistent in the treatment

oceans

Wow Voice, got Bird nest?? Kekeee... Must take care and "bu".

I was also on MC for abt 2 wks... So that why felt that me old liao!
lame.gif

Poshies, dun think i can make it on 1st may cos holiday is usu family day!!

eternity

wow, so many postings to read... heehee...
happy.gif

okie, so quite a few people onzzz liao for 8th may.... so excited !!! okie, we set to meet town area... think more central for everyone... say meet at 12pm?? as for the venue, i go think think or see if i haf any lobang and most importantly can let us sit sit sit, and chat chat chat !!!
happy.gif

lala,
i've created another album call "personal".. so u juz go to "Photos", then choose the folder "personal" and then "add pictures"... or you can create another album inside "personal" and name it maybe under your name and then add pictures in YOUR folder... it's quite easy... let me know if you need any help...

gintonic,
so u decided to take "time-off" and meet us huh... goodz lah, can meet and chat... well, at least i can recognise u can u can recognise me.... heehee...
happy.gif

actually all of you should be able to recognise me lah... my 1st fiiting pictures posted in the yahoo group liao...
biggrin.gif

but hor, i was thinking.. maybe put photos liao we oso cannot recognise each other, unless we print out the pictures and compare with those people around us... hahaha...
lol.gif

eternity

adeline,
u look great on your ROM...
happy.gif

skylar,
i'm going for facial today and next thursday (22nd)... have yet to book for the following week....

annie,
if you going next thursday, we can meet up lor... then can chat again... heehee... let me know again, okie?

oinkoink,
welcome to this forum... tell us more about yourself and about your wedding... so when's your AD? and which bridal studio are you with?

haven't book reception venue ah? a bit late liao, must quick quick...
happy.gif

garden theme ah, u looking at hotel of those "outside" venue?? i remember seeing some pictures of hotels with garden theme, but cannot remember which ones... must go back and flip through the wedding mags again...

another place you can consider is the botanic garden, but rental not exactly very cheap... fort canning will probably be cheaper in terms of rental but may not be as garden-like as botanic garden... or maybe can try alkaff mansion, saw pictures in wedding mag before... looks good leh...
happy.gif

_snow

hi coco...
neber been to bali but always heard its nice there....dunno when then got chance....

you going to bkk with FH for holiday soon?