(2004) Brides of year 2004

lin

hi doremon,
you live in the east too??
happy.gif
yeah! me too! we're the easterners. yes, i know, sengkang quite near the east once you're on the highway of TPE.
happy.gif

The reason i don't want sengkang area because near in laws.

you know how i persuade FH to stay in the east?
happy.gif
i told him, east got east coast park. And i know FH like fishing..so i said i can always accompany him go fishing and we can go walk-walk at night..so romantic.. When he heard that, he immediately said "ok..stay in the east!" heheheheh....
happy.gif

i don't mind living with parents. But i like the freedom lifestyle. Do my own groceries, cook whatever i like to eat. If stay with parents, my mom do all these. My parents can even give me suggestions to go stay abroad with FH!
happy.gif
heheheh. She said away from FMIL and i have lots of freedom!
happy.gif
heheh...until i had to ask her how come she didn't miss me...heheheh
happy.gif

hmm..don't be sad. look on the bright side. One thing i have to say is turn a deaf ear and be prepared if you stay with in laws and sister-in-law. The rule is be in control of yourself and don't allow to be bullied. If you have your own strong stand, she won't dare to go against your stand. speaking from experience....

I've never tried origins before. hmm..i didn't know it prevent future breakouts! wow...okie. will try. I'm using SK-ll and Kose. They're very good.
happy.gif
but argh... SK-ll and Kose not available in aust... i had to stock up my cupboard or ask my mom to send over.

indigo

Bonjour All!

Hi binbin and doremon!
Olive Tree at Hotel Intercontinental charges $18.50 per head for high tea, which is pretty reasonable and the food is quite good. They have a cosy corner that can be used for ROM solemnisation. FH and I are thinking of changing venue now coz we're expecting about 70-80 guests. The place could take about 50-60 pax and additional guests will have to be seated outside the 'cosy corner' alongside other hotel guests. I suggest you go down to take a look if you're really interested.
I pass by Blue Ginger today on my way to Le Galleria...looks pretty dark and small...is there another place upstairs?

Lin and Doremon,
you both are easterners too!! Heh..I'm born and bred in the east(and proud of it!! hehehe) and FH and I just got our place in the East under the recent balloting exercise...am real excited abt the reno and then moving in..we should be moving in after our wedding in May next year...

Pebbles,
when is your wedding? Is it on a Saturday like mine?? We're actually thinking of an afternoon church wedding (invite everyone we know) and then a wedding dinner (for close frens and relatives) at night..after visitng the hotels and doing our sums, thinking of reducing it to just an afternoon tea reception (invite everyone) for our wedding...what do you gals think huh? My perception of a wedding is one that is held at night...that's the problem..hmm..how now,brown cow? Anyways, pebbles, moi not the one who put deposit with bridal boutique and then not happy lah..we've just started to look ard today only. Tell you, headache now coz I like the WG at A, the service of B and the EG at C...hahaha...now how?

A&W, glad the both of you are feeling better now...if you can manage to get hold of a straits times classified, there's a lot of resale flats available..got an agent friend and can reccommend if you need. He was my classmate and quite a nice chap
happy.gif
both of your studying in Canada together? That's cool...

FH says hi to all! He went thru the threads with me today
happy.gif

okies take care!

tata
happy.gif

lin

hi Indigo,
you got the flat in the east??!! wah!!!! so lucky!i think it's those flats that's being rebuilt right? aiya...must tell FH oredi.
happy.gif
Me oso want east!

A

a&w

Hello...

So most of you are easterners huh. Heheheh..me, I'm considered from the west I guess? CCK...eerr west side right? I'm exremely close to my parents (some even say I'm extremely sticky even at my age)so it'll be nice to liv nearby. My mom would love it if I could move in next door to them! Well guess Amos and I are kinda looking for new ones cos they are cheaper mah. By the time we get back, we are really just starting out. But I guess we'll see how things go lah...

Lin,
Your FH is very funny! HEhehehe...that was an easy way to persuade him. Entice him with the parks and the beach huh.
You are in Aust now? What are you doing there? I'll try my very best to stay away from "bad" foods. Very tempting...

I told my mom that I wanted to get a black evening gown (for the dinner), she went "huh?Where got bride wear black wan?" HHehhehe...guess i'll have to scrap that idea. But I love black evening gowns so much. My mom is usually very open and she doesn't really care about superstition and stuff...but not this time I guess.

Indigo,
Thanks, when its time for us to look for a flat, I'll ask you for your friend's contact.

antares

Wah! This threat is so active! It is only abt 2 days ago that I last came to this page, there are already so many new messages..:p

hi pebbles, I have also seen Furama Hotel's ballroom from its web page. It looks very futuristic
happy.gif
Might be considering it too..Thks.

hi doremon, I got to know that you hurted your back from the past messages. Hope u are getting much better now..
happy.gif

Hi A&W, thks for suggesting M Hotel to me. I called the hotel but to my dismay, the max no. of tables that they can accomodate is 32 ..
sad.gif
I think I will need abt 35.

I am also considering Novotel Apollo Hotel, any comments on this hotel? ..
happy.gif

indigo

Morning Everyone!!

hi lin & antares,
the flats are zoned under "Geylang" for the recent balloting exercise..Actually not in Geylang lah, it's the few blocks on Old Aorport Road near the hawker centre...near the macdonalds and KFC..been there for abt a year and a half already. Governement resettled the ppl affected by the SERS programme and then now let out the rest of the new units for balloting
happy.gif

gtg, have a nice sunny sunday!

Ta!

lin

hi A&W,
yes.me in aust now. FH in japan. both of us going back end of the year to get married
happy.gif
me study, FH work.

yeap..CCK is in west. my bridesmaid lives there
happy.gif

hehehe...the east side got a lot of memories for me & my FH. my FH used to stay in katong and i used to stay near the Bedok camp. During dating, he will pick me up in a bicycle and cycle to east coast park
happy.gif
But after that...he move to the north area.
sad.gif

my FH said most new flats are around punggol or sengkang. He wanted to get new flats because cheaper. But after that romance entice, hehe..he agreed!
happy.gif

don't wear black EG for wedding day lah..you have other chance to wear black when you go for functions. Wear some colours, brighten up
happy.gif
but i know..some brides wore grey for their EG. i tried this EG in grey in the bridal shop. look quite dull though design is nice.

hi indigo,
oh ok..i think i know where is that flats you're mentioning. i saw some flats being rebuilt behind Bedok swimming complex. don't know whether we'll be able to get. see how things goes... must look at budget if really want to get east side.

annmelody

Leafy,

i have one MTM wedding gown and evening gown for actually day. now I have to start sourcing ideas for both gowns which giving me headache.

For PS,

think got 5-6 outfit change.

moon

Hi gals,

is any of u having wedding at Shangri La Water Terrace? Will be going down in March 8 to take a look as there will be an ongoing wedding on tat day.Like to find out more abt the food and ambience : )

Wat abt Alkaff Mansion, can anyone comment on their food and service?

A

a&w

Lin,
So you are going thru long distance relationship huh. Aaww..must be tough. So after the wedding, will the both of you finally be together? HEhehe..you guys sounded like you had some really sweet history together. Very romantic.
Aiyah, I guess you are right, I can wear black any other time lah. Well I'll find some other colour.

Moon,
I saw the pics of the shangri-la water terrace online (as usual), looks very, very nice and romantic. I actually liked the ballroom at Shangri-la very much (based on pictures again as usual
happy.gif
Well not sure about the water terrace, but I've heard ppl who have attended weddings there who were not pleased with the food. but then again, it could have been a one time incident.

Antares,
So the price range for the M hotel actually fits your budget? If it does, have you and your fiance already confirmed on the number of tables? Well if you like it, maybe you can try and re-do your list??? Not sure if it's wise lah...just a suggestion. If that isn't an option, then I hope you have better luck with Furama. Have you tried Concord, Merchant Court, Copthorne Orchid, Oriental? Kinda run out of names of the hotels in s'pore.

A

a&w

Hi....I found this wedding cake website and they seem to be able to make cakes with fresh flowers on it. I remember one of you wanted that but I can't remember who...was it you Lin?
Anyway http://www.thepatissier.com/webtop/
Maybe whoever wants a real cake can go check them out.

lin

hi A&W,
yeah..3 1/2 years of separation! yes..after the wedding, we'll finally be together. wherever we go this time, go together
happy.gif

yeap. i was the one who wanted real wedding cake
happy.gif
heheh.. yeah. i've been to that website. i've already put thepatissier as an option besides the Awfully chocolate. i can't remember who. but one of the girls here told me that she saw the catalogue that awfully chocolate also decorate with fresh flowers
happy.gif
so, i kinda have 2 option shops now
happy.gif

i also haven't confirm my EG yet. the designer said until i've booked my banquet place and inform him, then he can have the inspiration to design the gown in order to suit the banquet place too
happy.gif
but we sought of have rough idea. like the material..

hi Moon,
i would like to hold my banquet at Alkaff mansion
happy.gif
ambience is very nice... food? i haven't taste yet. i saw a wedding in Alkaff mansion. Very beautiful, have that angmoh style. if you like greenery and outdoor wedding, i think you will love alkaff mansion.
happy.gif

antares

Hi A&W,
actually the price of M hotel is slightly above my budget but quite a lot of pple told me that the place is nice.
happy.gif
As for Furama, I dropped by the place to take a look. I did not arrange with the staff to view the ballroom so I did not manage to see. However, my first impression it that I don't really like the lobby..:p
Actually now I am considering Novotel Apollo Hotel, do you have any comments on that hotel?
btw, u are studying in canada right? I am wondering how's the life of studying in canada? I used to hope to go to Canada to futher my study but I don't think I can do so after marriage...
sad.gif

Hi icechoco,
3.5 years of years of separation is really amazing! The relationship between you and your FH must be really strong...
happy.gif
Sometimes I really admire you girl who has the courage to go oversea to study alone...
happy.gif
I can't imagine myself doing that.

Tomorrow monday again..monday blues....:p

A

a&w

Hi antares,
Unfortunately, I don't know anything about Novotel Apollo. Went to the place for dim sum (after it was renovated)once years ago. Don't remember much of it. But if you are interested, do go look at it (especially the settings for the ballroom).
Well I'm in Calgary and it's not as busy or crowded as Vancouver or Toronto. Its a growing city lah, have major oil companies located here. Calgary is not bad to study, less distraction but for some it may be boring. Scenaries around the cities are beautiful. We are surrounded by the rocky mountains. Well what did you intend to study? Yah after you are married, it'll be tough to come over alone unless your FH also plans to study otherwise he won't be allowed to work in this country. Ever thought of migrating? Can try and apply for PR. Will take a while for the process of getting the approvals and papers but thats one way of doing it. Sometimes thats the thing about getting tied down huh, have to think about the spouse.

Lin,
Yah man...hats off to you and your FH. 31/2 years is pretty long. Amos and I was separated for 1 year before I came over to study and he was already dying. HEhehhe...I think it wasn't as hard for me cos I was at home with my family while he was all alone here. So right now how do you guys plan for the wedding together? Just by phone calls and e-mails? Not easy huh.
Hmmm....your designer is interesting, he gets his inspiration from the venue. Which bridal store did you go with again?
Alkaff Mansion is really very beautiful especially at night. The price is pretty reasonable too. But are you having the chinese or western food? Cos I saw pics of the chinese banquet setting and it wasn't exactly very romantic looking. Then again, maybe they'll have several designs for you to choose from.

blurydoey

good morning gers,
whoa so many msgs!!!!
Doremon,
hee hee I blur again liao.
antaras,
I been to novotel before, thats when I was doing my research, the lobby is rather nice, the ballroom has tall ceilings, but I find the ballroom a bit old. It is rather spacious n no pillars. Maybe u can call up n go there to have a look before a wedding.

blusher

HI All,
It's been ages since I last posted.

HI Blurydoey and Annmelody,
I went for my 1st appt last Friday...didn't find any gowns I like..so disappointing. Annmelody, me also looking for ideas for my gown. I don't think I want OTR...better take MTM. Will be going for my next appt next month. Will update u again....

Hi pebbles, CC2, bubbles,binbin, leafy, serrich,
Hope I didn't leave anyone out...kinda busy with work, plus I really don't know what to contribute. So I'm only reading most of the postings. Plus shaking my legs also..heheehe!

Welcoime All new Comers,
Me like CC2, bubbles and Pebbles is one of the 'oldies' in this thread. My customary is in NOV 2003....

Take Care

binbin

hi girls,

doremon, no i was not referring to the big tentage at botanic gardens. i am referrring to a little white pavilion like structure, which is named "bandstand" by them for some reasons. it doesnt look like a bandstand at all.
happy.gif
anyway, it doesn't cost any to book the place, just need to write in to ask permission. i think what u are refrring to is the Burkill Hall?
happy.gif
anyway i dun need deco, i just want a place in the garden for me to do solemnisation. lunch will be some place else.

Got good news from the NParks that i can use the bandstand on my rom day liao! i can also bring table there. the lady is helping me check whether i can also bring chairs. if not, i will use the benches in the bandstand, and ask blue ginger to nicely drap it over with white linen.
happy.gif

AM price is a bit steep i agree. found out it's about $45 for buffet lunch and additional $5 for free flow of soft drinks.

SPAN? what is the website called and what does the name stands for huh?

yeah i like origins, i use the night-a-mins simply LOvvevee the smell and texture....
happy.gif
not sure abt the prevention of breakouts though?? really ah? then must go and check it out liao!

Lin,
There are def new flats in the east, and they are not resale. well, perhaps a short summary of hdb's practice now. They are selling NEW flats through 3 diff channels. First, the Walk-in Selection (WIS), these are flats in new towns, which were the balance from the RFS queue that was so abruptly terminated last time (you may be surprised, some of these WIS flats are very nice and high level...
happy.gif
), and you have to queue up at the showrooms before or when their locations are announced, or go to HDB to choose when the on-site selection is over.. u can get the flat almost immediately. the WIS exercise if i am not wrong is now in their second run. i got my BP unit in the first run, first choice.
happy.gif

SECOND, is Balloting, which is how indigo got her flats. These are for NEW flats build in matured estates, and are slightly more exp than those in the WIS. some of these flats are en-bloc flats (new flats build to house the residents whose flats were demolished to give way to newer ones), or just new ones build in that neighbourhood. These scheme is about 6-monthly to 1 yearly. and you get a queue number after u send in your aplication via mail. the number drawn is by luck, but u get double the chances if the area you choose is in your parent's area, and DOUBLE that chances if you are first time applicants...
I know from my cousin, who is staying BEHIND Park Aquarius in the nice white and yellow HDB flats, that there are still many units left un selected. But he said they dun seem to be in the recent Jan balloting exercise. So perhaps you can check with HDB and wait for the next balloting if you are patient....
happy.gif
u better check to see if you can find anything out....

The THIRD type is Build To ORder. sort same as the old RFS system, except that now they will NOT build if the demand is less than 75% or something like that. but the govt just announced that the next batch of BTO flats will only be ready in 2006. i.e if u apply now (u can look at the list of locations available thru the HDB website), ur flat will be ready in 2006.

Hope the above helps.
happy.gif

A&W, as to your question on available flats in CCK, yes there are. i heard that there is gonna be a 2nd round of WIS in CCK too, but not sure if true. since ur parents stay there, u can go recki that area and see which are the unoccupied flats. then go on to the web (www.HDB.gov.sg then "availability of flats for selection" then "WIS" then "CCK")to check whether they are indeed unoccupied and available.
happy.gif

Good luck!

binbin

hi lin, hehhee actually me and my FH also wanna stay long long in our place, that's why we choose the place we choose, and EA. so we hopefully do not need to move into a biggr place next time when got kids.....
happy.gif

Cyn, yessssss.....beaufort is beautiful hor? heard the description of the solemnisation place from the coordinator, sounds heavenly leh, on green lawn facing the sea.......*melting*. sigh......but 's a pity their package is so ex for me.....solemnisation only leh, and need to pay $60+++ for lunch. drinks mot included somemore....:p

leafy, what CD? got CD meh? me bought it from provision shop, oso dun have cd leh.....eeeeeee......we ganna cheated liaoz.....hehhehehhee.....anyway what cd is thaat huh? if u fren have, u can try burning from her?

indigo, Blue ginger is not at all dark.
happy.gif
perhaps coz u look in through the door oni. inside is warmyl lited, very cosy. and they just expanded, new 3rd floor for private dining. very cosy and exclusive...
happy.gif
and the service is good....when we went there, we were salivating at the smell of the food....

well, as for choosing of bridal shop, i also went across good service ones, gowns nice ones, package good deal ones....in the end went with my heart-Divine. I would not say the service is the best i have seen, nor the package the cheapest. but the designer is nice lady and talented. the gowns are what i go for.....hehhee......

moon, do you mean waterfall terrace? it's a nice place leh....we went there b4, and am considering that as venue for solemnisation (but not weddding dinner) coz it matches our preferred garden team, but found out prices also a bit steep like beaufort, so didn't. :p but i know that the area is quite small one, not much tables. if u looking at 20 tables only then shld be no problem.
happy.gif

cyn

it's monday bluezzz again...

i've collected my ring... now have to find a place to hide it so tat it'll to reduce the temptation to wear it.. sigh..

i'll be gog for my 1st appt in 2 weeks time but stil have no idea wat i want leh.. really headache man. probably wil go down to tanjong pagar to steal some ideas. hee.. any idea if the bridal shops there open on sun?

hi lin
i also very pei fu abt your long distance relationship... i've tried tat b4 byt really really very hard to maintain leh...

antares

Hi A&W,
Calgary is near Toronto that side or Vancouver that side? (pai-seh, my geography knowledge very
bad..:p ) So have you go for any rock climbing trip? Sometimes, from the plane, I can see the
snow-top mountain and I think the view is real magnificent..
happy.gif

I intend to do engineering. But like you say lor, it will be hard for me to go oversea to study
after marriage. I didn't really thought of migrating as my family and most of my friends
are here in singapore. I find it hard to leave everything behind since I had been staying in
singapore since I was born. My husband like the idea of migrating...:p But he also find it
a bit hard to leave his parents behind. But come to think of it, if I really go oversea to pursue
my studies, I think by the time I finish my course I will be a bit old to have kid..:p

Hi blurydoey,
I just went to Novotel Apollo over the weekends, the ballroom looks fine and nice to me. There was supposed to be a wedding in the evening, so I just went in to take look earlier (before the banquet starts). Do you have any idea on how's the service there? I went to the thread on "Novotel Apollo", seems to me quite a lot of bad comments
sad.gif
though there are good comments too..
happy.gif

Btw, when is your wedding? You booked your hotel already?..
happy.gif

A

a&w

Hi everyone!

Antares,
Calgary is nearer to Vancouver than Toronto. We are sort of at the West...on the prairies. Hehehe..the mountains are huge not sure if ppl climb them. Probably some nut case will lah. But I'm not so much of the outdoorsy gal...quite useless if I'm stranded anywhere without the modern amenities. Friends also gave up asking me to go camping liao cos I simply refuse...
happy.gif
But I know what you mean about leaving ppl behind when you migrate. I can't do it either. But just that if you really want to pursue an education, then thats a possible option. That way when you are a PR, your husband can work here and you can go to school and you guys can leave once you are done.
happy.gif
As I get closer to graduation, the more homesick I get. 6 more months feels like an eternity now. Honestly, I don't think I'll ever consider migrating unless I really have to.

Bin Bin,
Thanks for the info. If I can get a place near my parents place, that'll be great. But I guess to be fair, Amos and I agreed that we'll pick the place based on what we like (not just location). He keeps saying that CCK is very far and inconvenient. So we'll see. Aaarrggh...can forsee a possible headache coming.

Cyn
Yeap, think keeping the ring away for now is a good idea.(I've kept mine eversince I got my engagement ring) Hehheeh...I've already tried on my wedding ring with my engagement ring to see how they match. I also can't wait to wear them both together. Surprisingly, the two rings kinda match even though we didn't buy them together. We bought our wedding rings about 4 years ago (was supposed to be just couple/promise rings)Now we decide to just continue using this as our wedding rings since we've had it for so long. Sentimental value.

Hope you gals have a great week ahead!

doremon

HI Lin,

U can try NYDC for wedding cakes with real flowers too. Cost ard $99.00. And their cakes are always yummy yummy.
happy.gif

blurydoey

blusher,
never mind, will sure find your ideal gown..did u ask the designer for some ideas??
cyn,
I think the bridal shop shld be open lor, how are u going to steal the ideas?looking at their window display ar???
anatares,
I went there last year, the set up was not fully done yet. I heard from my friend who attended last yr,that the food not bad.She finds it nice.
I have booked my hotel liao.My wedding is in sept this year,the earliest among u gals liao..

binbin

hi blurydoey, u booked hotel liao ah? wahh......sept is indeed the earliest among us.....
happy.gif
where will it be?

i think cyn was thinking of going into the shops, pretend to be a customer, and try their gowns loh....hehehhehe......think it's a good idea....
happy.gif
shhhh.........

cyn

hi wendy
perhaps i shd put my ring under my pillow so tat i'll have sweeter dreams.. hee...

blurydoey & binbin, tat's wat i'm thinking lor... pretend tat i'm a lost bride-to-be sourcing for gowns. shh... think i better bring a girlfriend along rather than FH.. so i can give excuse saying ve to discuss with FH... haha..

anyone gog for GCW bridal show?

A

a&w

Hi Cyn,
You know what? I'll probably be "stealing" ideas for gowns when I get back too. Intend to go just with mom and dad. I'm not going to let my FH know what my gown is going to look like till the actual wedding day
happy.gif
Aiyah...no harm lah, I'm sure ppl do it all the time. We need to find the design that we like right! As long we all keep it hush hush...no one will know that we are not still shopping around right?
Are appointments required for most of these bridal stores? :0

blusher

HI Blurydoey,
I have not met the designer..only my coordinator. Will be meeting designer in the next appt(end Mar). Hopefully designer can give me some useful tips to hide my flaws..heehee! Will update u again. Take care!!!

blurydoey

whoa thats a good idea cyn, but I scared the bridal shops dun let u try unless u sign up with them.
Remember to let me know u gals has good rewards from "gown shopping"heeheee...
blusher,
Oic, blur blur...Good luck!!! on gown designing...
keep us updated..

binbin

hi blurydoey, no lah, good bridal shops should let you try their gowns even if u have not decided whether to sign. that's good business sense, then the customer will be satisfied mah. ;) those that dun let me try I will prob just walk out.

N

new 04 bride

hi fellow sisters,i have just decided to have my customary early next year. we are in the process of fixing a date but we have encountered some problems. reason is that our parents normally refer to those chinese calendars (telling you which days are auspicious for doing what) to choose dates. but problem is that the 2004 calendars are not out yet and we can't possibly wait till the end of this year when they start printing next year's calendar! so how?anyone can help?

ivory

hi new 04 bride,

same as u, my dates not fixed yet. another option is to approach those feng shui master to calculate for u.

im still waiting for mine to come bk to me
happy.gif

N

new 04 bride

hi ivory, where did u find the fortune teller?when my elder sis got married, her FIL also went to fortune teller and the fortune teller wanted the "eight characters" of the couple and the in-laws on both sides.in the end, there was only 1 day in the second half of the year that was good and my sis had to take that day. does you fortune teller require the same info as well? we are a bit hesitant about going to fortune tellers cos we are afraid that they will give us very restrictive dates.

chicory

Hi Binbin,

You have signed up with Divine already? Did you take up the promotion, $500 off their package? Is your designer Kim?

ivory

new 04 bride

yeap, he will need the "8 characters" of the couple
happy.gif
he din asked for the parents one.. i think even if he need just need to give him their years can liao? my fren's mum sourced one so i oso dunno who he is
happy.gif

if u guys are not pandang then u can choose wat ever dates u like lor.. my bf n me oso not pandang but we just went with the flow, for some good luck lor
happy.gif

besse

Ivory..

how how.. have you gone down to BV or Sil?? Me was down on last saturday for my gf's final fitting.. and i kicked up a big fuss on her behalf cos the tailoring nt to our satisfaction.. and the seamstress always say :" it's like that one" instead of thinking of ways to correct the problem.. kinda pissed off..

If you do go down to Sil, look for Miah.. cos i find him nicer and more earnest..

I'm going down BV on next Wed to try some gowns, can pop down and join me if you want to.

New 04 bride:
Welcome! hehe.. me oso like you initially, dunno how to find dates.. well, if you don mind Jan 1 - Jan 21..(which was before CNY), you still can check those dates on the chinese cal.. but after CNY, you will have to wait till mid this yr before the cal is out..

Blury.. Whoa, your wedding Sept, you still nt yet confirm bridal?? hmm... have you shortlisted some boutiques??? do you know what kinda style you like? Lace or beads or embroidery?? cos if you do know wat you sorta like and your budget, then you can narrow down your selections.

There'll be a white link show on this Friday at GCW.. white link gowns quite simple and nice, photography nt too bad too.. may be worth to take a look.. me wanted to go down too, but got appt with Fullerton to confirm on banquet details.. so no choice..

binbin

hi chicory, me decided Divine liaoz but not yet signed up coz past few wks they on CNY leave mah...
happy.gif
yes i am signing up b4 marc 31 to get the $500 off. are u the one who posted inthe divine thread?

Hi new 04 bride
17638.gif
. ur qn is what most of us here asked when we come into this thread for the first time. well, some of us choose dates based on what we like, some of us go to Geomancers. Take note, they are NOT fortune tellers. those so called fortune tellers may not be able to calculate the dates so far in advance anyway. if you are worried abt them giving you restrictive dates, you have to weight the pros and cons loh. what is mroe import to you? are your parents beri pandang etc etc?... For the geomancer we went to, he gave us 2 good dates. both we cannot due to certain reasons. He then ask us to give him some dates which we would like, and he check his books for us, help us analyse the certain factors of that day with respect to each of our eight characters, and recommended one of the date.
happy.gif
so we stick to that.
happy.gif
u need both your eight characters, as well as the chinese horoscope of both your parents. but some need eight characters for all involved. depends.

irene

Hi all,

If a couple are studying part time,is it advisable to held customary at the moment?
Mi and FH thinking of having our customary in year 2004.
pls advise.

binbin

oops chicory, forgot to rpely ur last qn. no my designer is Helen, not Kim. perhaps going down this wkend to sign up. what abt you? when is your wedding?
happy.gif

binbin

hi irene....hard to answer ur question leh. u suddenly asked like that. :eek: really depends on how good both of u are with time management. there's really a lot of things to do for weddings. however, if you are not ROM-ing or renovating your house at the same time period, shldn't be that bad. perhaps end of 2004 be better? but i stress hor, really depends on you leh...........

poox

Hello fellow 2004 brides-to-be

I'm fairly new to the thread as well, pop in a couple of times and had been following the thread but juz didn't introduce myself
happy.gif

I'm planning for my wedding in May next year.

Hi Besse
You are gg to confirm your banquet with Fullerton on Fri? may i know how much are u paying per table and did u manage to bargain for more perks other than those listed?
if u find that it's not too convenient to share in this thread can email me at [email protected]

cheers!

antares

hi Irene,
I agree with binbin, that really got to depend on how's your time management lor. Is your course ending soon? If it is ending soon then maybe it will be easier for both of you ..
happy.gif

chicory

Hi Binbin,

i am new to this forum, i have been reading thru' comments from all you gals and i find that they are really helpful. No, i am not the one who posted in the Divine thread.
happy.gif

I am hoping to plan my wedding in Dec this yr... so now must do alot of research. Which photographer are you planning to engage?

binbin

hi poox and chicory, welcome welcome.
happy.gif

chicory, my divine packages are all at home, not in the office leh. see if one of these days i got bring will email you. but why dun u go down to Divine and ask Kim for it? they are all beri nice, they will sure give you the updated one. understand that recently there's some changes in the packages of photographers, so better if you go see.
happy.gif

for indoor/outdoor photographer, me shld be siging up with Robin. but like i said b4, me have not signed up with divine yet, so not with robin yet too. but have went to meet him in his studio once, and like him.
happy.gif
since u getting married in dec this yr, robin wil lkely advise u take photos in Oct. that means divine will likely advise you have the first fitting 6 mths b4 that ie. April. beri soon liao leh..hehhehee.......which hotel you booked?

cyn

wow, we've a few newcomers.. WELCOME, WELCOME...

hi new 04 bride
tong shu wil only be out 2nd half of the yr. by then the venue might not ve those good dates tat you wan. jus my opinion lah... i also got my date thru geomancer.. gave her our & both parents "ba zhi"... perhaps you wan to let her know which months you prefer. if you need the contact, do let me know.

hi irene
the gals are rite... depend if you can handle physically & financially... it's up to you too. my advise is try not to clash exam & wedding day.. too exhausting lah.. =)

annmelody

HI Irene,

You ROMed yet? Actually like what cyn said...it's rather taxing...for me I'm studying fulltime and have actually not done much for wedding preparation other than my bridal package which I took up mid last year beofre my studies. my customary will be this year- 3 mths after my graduation.

chicory

Hi Binbin,

Thanks for the advices, think i will call Kim to fit an appt to see her.

For photographers, i prefer Benny Ang, Chris Ling and Picture Box. Robin good also, my fren told me alot of people signed up with him.

First fitting in April, that is very fast. Does first fitting means choosing the designs and fabrics of the gowns? Sorry, i really very blur.
lame.gif

I also haven't book the hotel, i find the marina mandarin promo package very attractive. I am deciding between Holiday Inn which has alot of good review, Hilton, Orchard Hotel and Marina Mandarin. Which hotel did you choose?

besse

Hi Chic, Poox.. welcome..

Poox, last nite did a v detailed guest lists and banquet $$ analysis with bf and to my disappointment, we might not be able to meet Fullerton's Max liao.. cos my headcount is ever increasing.. haiz.. so now last min resort to explore with Pan Pac for the dates avail on weekdays..

Chic, if you plan to get hitch in Dec this yr, I'll advise you to quickly confirm on your date and get a venue if you have not done so, that is, if you wanna hold a dinner.

Poox, I'll email you tonite on the Fullerton's rates.. have to run off for meeting now!

Bye babes!!

antares

Hi annmelody,
so u are also a fulltime student? Seems like there are quite a no. of full time student here...
I think A & W and Lin are also full time student, right? I am also a full time student at the moment..hope to graduate soon...
happy.gif
good luck to all of us..
happy.gif